PDA

View Full Version : I have an interview this morning

Trinity
12-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Wish me luck.......This job is similar to what I am doing now however add some technical trouble shooting into the mix and the pay increases by about $6.00 an hour. And it's much closer to home!!! :coffee:

Kathianne
12-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Wish me luck.......This job is similar to what I am doing now however add some technical trouble shooting into the mix and the pay increases by about $6.00 an hour. And it's much closer to home!!! :coffee:

Wishes sent your way! Sounds like a good thing, all ways.

chloe
12-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Good Luck !!!

Trinity
12-11-2009, 11:12 AM
ok so the interview and testing went great this morning!!!.....That part was through a staffing service that the company uses for testing and paperwork....

The woman I interviewed with this morning asked me if I knew someone or had a friend that worked for the company.....I said no why?...she said how did you find out about the job? I told her I had found it on a website and sent my resume and cover letter to the email listed in the ad. She said well they are very interested in you, they contacted us to contact you, and they want you to come into the company for an interview this afternoon at 1:30.:dance:

crin63
12-11-2009, 11:24 AM
ok so the interview and testing went great this morning!!!.....That part was through a staffing service that the company uses for testing and paperwork....

The woman I interviewed with this morning asked me if I knew someone or had a friend that worked for the company.....I said no why?...she said how did you find out about the job? I told her I had found it on a website and sent my resume and cover letter to the email listed in the ad. She said well they are very interested in you, they contacted us to contact you, and they want you to come into the company for an interview this afternoon at 1:30.:dance:

Well done! Good luck with the 2nd interview.

chloe
12-11-2009, 02:02 PM

very cool, I'm hoping you get it, it sounds like a great opportunity and a better situation for you.

Trinity
12-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Well interview went well............ now we play the waiting game................ although they did tell me they will let me know next week.

chloe
12-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Well interview went well............ now we play the waiting game................ although they did tell me they will let me know next week.

Im excited for you I really hope you get it.

HogTrash
12-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Trinity
Well interview went well............ now we play the waiting game................ although they did tell me they will let me know next week.Dammit, all this waiting is driving me crazy!

I can't eat, I can't sleep and I'm biting my nails off up to my elbows.

How inconsiderate, couldn't you have waited till you found out before posting this for Christ sake?

chloe
12-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Dammit, all this waiting is driving me crazy!

How inconsiderate, couldn't you have waited till you found out before posting this for Christ sake?

:laugh2:, sometimes your quick wit is adorable.....

Kathianne
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Dammit, all this waiting is driving me crazy!

LOL! Can't say I'm that nervous, but have been checking back. ;)

SassyLady
12-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Not nervous Trinity - just rooting for you wishing you the best (while I sit here biting my nails)! LOL!

Trinity
12-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks for all the nail biting!!! I appreciate it. Nice to know I'm not the only one with no nails left. :laugh2: And it's only Monday morning.

Kathianne
12-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks for all the nail biting!!! I appreciate it. Nice to know I'm not the only one with no nails left. :laugh2: And it's only Monday morning.

When will you hear? That would be a great start to the new year!

Jeff
12-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Good Luck Trinity !!

Trinity
12-14-2009, 09:10 PM
When will you hear? That would be a great start to the new year!

They said they would let me know this week.....no specific day though which sucks it might be more tolerable if I had a day to focus on instead of an entire week. Still biting nails:coffee:

HogTrash
12-14-2009, 10:06 PM
They said they would let me know this week.....no specific day though which sucks it might be more tolerable if I had a day to focus on instead of an entire week. Still biting nails:coffee:I haven't slept since friday and there's big ugly black bags under my eyes...I hope you're happy.

Trinity
12-15-2009, 06:59 AM
I haven't slept since friday and there's big ugly black bags under my eyes...I hope you're happy.

:laugh2:

I'm sorry I promise I will let you know as soon as I find out! You could try cucumbers for the black bags under your eyes, they work.

CSM
12-15-2009, 07:19 AM

I'm sorry I promise I will let you know as soon as I find out! You could try cucumbers for the black bags under your eyes, they work.

I dunno...seems to me that poking a cucumber in his eye might make it worse. Some of those cukes get pretty big!

Trinity
12-16-2009, 07:57 AM
I dunno...seems to me that poking a cucumber in his eye might make it worse. Some of those cukes get pretty big!

:laugh2: Right.......

glockmail
12-16-2009, 08:32 AM
I haven't slept since friday and there's big ugly black bags under my eyes...I hope you're happy.

Why is that different than any other day? :poke:

Trinity
12-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Well it's Wed. and nothing......although they say no news is good news..... does that apply when you are waiting to hear about a job????

Gaffer
12-17-2009, 10:20 AM
It's about time to call them. At least to find out if your still in the running. It's an employers market so there will be a lot of people trying to get the job. They can take their time and be choosy.

I also heard from our mutual friend that the company has a large turn over. A good paying company with a large turn over is usually because of poor management. Call me when you know something.

Trinity
12-17-2009, 10:29 PM
It's about time to call them. At least to find out if your still in the running. It's an employers market so there will be a lot of people trying to get the job. They can take their time and be choosy.

I also heard from our mutual friend that the company has a large turn over. A good paying company with a large turn over is usually because of poor management. Call me when you know something.

Poor management....not surprised......that tends to be the case in most companies anymore and you can't get much worse then were I'm at now...... it's called it's name for a reason................. but it stands for Revolving Door Incorporated.

Although if we are talking about the same mutual friend I don't put a whole lot of stock in what he says either, only because he talks like he knows what he is talking about, but then I will research it and prove other wise. .............But he will still swear by what he thinks is the truth. So yeah I don't believe much from him.

chloe
12-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Poor management....not surprised......that tends to be the case in most companies anymore and you can't get much worse then were I'm at now...... it's called it's name for a reason................. but it stands for Revolving Door Incorporated.

Although if we are talking about the same mutual friend I don't put a whole lot of stock in what he says either, only because he talks like he knows what he is talking about, but then I will research it and prove other wise. .............But he will still swear by what he thinks is the truth. So yeah I don't believe much from him.

Gaffer
12-18-2009, 11:42 AM

Yep, he's is determined to be right in his opinions. I don't trust the company where your working now, due to the last time, so hope this other company calls you soon. It's Friday they are suppose to call you this week. Time to start bugging them.

Trinity
12-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Yep, he's is determined to be right in his opinions. I don't trust the company where your working now, due to the last time, so hope this other company calls you soon. It's Friday they are suppose to call you this week. Time to start bugging them.

I did call them Friday morning..... but of course the women I needed to talk to was out of the office on vacation. However she will be back on Monday, and I will be calling Monday morning.

Gaffer
12-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Ever notice how often that happens? The company is hiring for a position but the person making the final decision is always on vacation. I cannot count the number of times I have heard this in forty years.

HogTrash
12-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by Trinity
I did call them Friday morning..... but of course the women I needed to talk to was out of the office on vacation. However she will be back on Monday, and I will be calling Monday morning.This has been the worst week of my life!