PDA

View Full Version : The Case for the College Interview

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 04:06 PM
To be honest, I never thought an interview was that important to admission to college, but I have changed my mind this week. It is pure speculation, but I wonder if an interview would have kept Cho out of VT?

I wonder if Cho was interviewed, and if so, why was he admitted? By all accounts he was extremely anti-social, at least as far back as middle school. Are interviews just pro forma?

Also, was his high school allowed to mention his oddball ways to the college? My guess is they would be afraid of a lawsuit if so.

darin
04-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Are interviews just pro forma?

TISH! That's LATIN!

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/news_images/2227_5913_1.jpg

theHawk
04-19-2007, 04:26 PM
To be honest, I never thought an interview was that important to admission to college, but I have changed my mind this week. It is pure speculation, but I wonder if an interview would have kept Cho out of VT?

I wonder if Cho was interviewed, and if so, why was he admitted? By all accounts he was extremely anti-social, at least as far back as middle school. Are interviews just pro forma?

Also, was his high school allowed to mention his oddball ways to the college? My guess is they would be afraid of a lawsuit if so.

With quotas these days even if they interviewed him, he probably would of made it in. You know, "diversity" is what our colleges need.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 04:32 PM
With quotas these days even if they interviewed him, he probably would of made it in. You know, "diversity" is what our colleges need.

I think VT is about 25% Asian, so I'm not sure that would apply here, though I hear you about how that goes down in general.

glockmail
04-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes, all schools need to have a certain percentage of mass murderers.

Hugh Lincoln
04-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Yes, all schools need to have a certain percentage of mass murderers.

Diversity is our greatest strength.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 08:23 PM

Always a dilemma. I agree, he probably would have failed, but how many others that blossomed when away from the confines of home?

glockmail
04-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Diversity is our greatest strength. I agree totally.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Diversity is our greatest strength.

Yes, it's the virtual Hefty Bag of America.

KitchenKitten99
04-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Yes, it's the virtual Hefty Bag of America.and like guests and fish... after a while it starts to stink.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 10:59 PM
and like guests and fish... after a while it starts to stink.

:laugh2: