PDA

View Full Version : Health Care Inevitable?

Kathianne
12-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Perhaps not:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/12/health/policy/12health.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print

December 12, 2009
Senate Hits New Roadblocks on Health Care Bill

By ROBERT PEAR and DAVID M. HERSZENHORN
WASHINGTON — Democratic leaders hit a rough patch Friday in their push for sweeping health care legislation, as they tried to fend off criticism of their proposals from a top Medicare official, Republicans and even members of their own party.

Slogging through a 12th day of debate on the legislation, the Senate found itself at an impasse over a proposal to allow imports of low-cost prescription drugs from Canada and other countries.

Democratic leaders tried to kill or neuter the proposal, offered by a senior Democrat, Senator Byron L. Dorgan of North Dakota.

The Medicare official, meanwhile, said that total national health spending would increase slightly as a result of the Senate bill, put together by the majority leader, Harry Reid, Democrat of Nevada. President Obama has repeatedly said that one of his top goals is to slow the growth of health costs.

Richard S. Foster, the chief actuary of the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said Friday that under Mr. Reid’s bill national health spending from 2010 to 2019 would total $35.5 trillion. That is $234 billion, or 0.7 percent, more than the amount projected under current law, he added...

Monkeybone
12-12-2009, 10:00 PM
i still think it is. if not this version, then another. if not now, sometime soon. we can avoid the road that this country is going down, but i will be surprised if we do...

jimnyc
12-12-2009, 10:31 PM
I can think of a few prior members getting a great laugh out of the Democrats having the majority, and not even needing the Republicans anymore to pass things through. The asses are having trouble with everything anyway! And why is that? Not because of Republicans stopping them, but rather because their ideas suck ass and they can't even get their own team on the same page. Tsk, tsk, my heart bleeds for the foaming at the mouth liberals! :coffee:

sgtdmski
12-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Unfortunately I believe that healthcare will pass, however, I do not believe that it will bring any real reform and instead all we will see is more spending, longer wait times, more folks in the ER and fewer healthcare professionals to meet demands.

Until Congress gets serious and listens to those in the profession and quits trying to put through legislation based upon their own beliefs but rather what is truly reality we will be stuck with a broken system.

Unfortunately healthcare costs money. Sorry but those of us who work in the field require compensation. I will not be anyone's slave and work for nothing. Secondly, analyzers, state of the art computers, MRIs, CT scanners all cost money to not only use but lease/buy.

Today many doctors especially in the ER practice shotgun medicine. For whatever complaint that you may have, they have a flowsheet to show what tests to order and how they rule out which disease states.

Show up to the ER with chest pain, bam full cardiac workup, thousands of dollars of test to cure that heartburn you have from that mexican meal you eat a couple of hours ago. But god forbid the doctor treated you for heartburn and you actually had a heart attack, you would sue and the hospital and doctor would be out millions, so instead you pay the thousands.

You get what you ask for, remember that. Also remember you get what you pay for, free medical care, hmmmmmmmmm.

dmk

cat slave
12-13-2009, 02:12 AM
A good friend is a retired radiologist. This gal who cut his hair charged him
$15 plus a tip for a cut....when she came to him for X-ray, she paid $6 under
TN Care! Whats wrong with this picture???? What was her overhead compared to his?

This healthscare is horrible. Cant someone stop it????? I didnt think we
had a "king".....no, we have a messiah!!!!

People had better stop buying into the class envy thing ie hosing the rich...
we are all going to wake up one morning and find out that "we" are rich!!!!
Bar the door! Anyone who is not on welfare will be considered rich and
someone to be taken down by the peasants.

I think BO is showing some wear and tear....not quite the same arrogance
in his, looks a bit "worn" to me and not quite the bouncy "here comes the
messiah" that he had not that long ago. "Graying" may be soon to come.

This just cannot happen....its shear lunacy.

HogTrash
12-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Granted, somethings once done can't be undone, but is this one of those things?