PDA

View Full Version : The Dockers Man-ifesto

crin63
12-12-2009, 05:37 PM
An interesting marketing strategy filled with great truths.

"Once upon a time, men wore the pants, and wore them well. Women rarely had to open doors and little old ladies never crossed the street alone. Men took charge because that’s what they did. But somewhere along the way, the world decided it no longer needed men. Disco by disco, latte by foamy non-fat latte, men were stripped of their khaki’s and left stranded on the road between boyhood and androgyny. But today, there are questions our genderless society has no answers for. The world sits idly by and cities crumble, children misbehave and those little old ladies remain on one side of the street. For the first time since bad guys, we need heroes. We need grown-ups. We need men to put down the plastic fork, step away from the salad bar and untie the world from the tracks of complacency. It’s time to get your hands dirty. It’s time to answer the call of manhood. It’s time to wear the pants.”

http://www.us.dockers.com/season/landing.aspx

chloe
12-12-2009, 10:46 PM

http://www.us.dockers.com/season/landing.aspx

I take it your kind of macho....hmm?

crin63
12-13-2009, 12:31 AM
I take it your kind of macho....hmm?

HMMMMM, Macho??? I've never thought of myself as macho.
My wife says, "No"! Macho has a connotation of arrogance and being something of a jerk, she says I'm definitely not that. Her first response was, "must be a feminist female to ask a question like that".

sgtdmski
12-13-2009, 12:45 AM
Chivalry needs to make a come back. I am sorry but what is wrong with being courteous??? Is it offensive to hold open a door for a lady, or for that matter anyone? Is it offensive to stand up on a bus and give your seat to a woman, or someone elderly?

No, the world needs more of this type of common courtesy. There is nothing wrong with a man acting as a gentleman or for that manner chivalrous. If a woman does not like it, she is free not to associate with that man. However, be aware, if I hold open the door for you and you do not at least say thank you do not be surprised if the next time it hits you in your ass, or face!!!

dmk

Kathianne
12-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Chivalry needs to make a come back. I am sorry but what is wrong with being courteous??? Is it offensive to hold open a door for a lady, or for that matter anyone? Is it offensive to stand up on a bus and give your seat to a woman, or someone elderly?

No, the world needs more of this type of common courtesy. There is nothing wrong with a man acting as a gentleman or for that manner chivalrous. If a woman does not like it, she is free not to associate with that man. However, be aware, if I hold open the door for you and you do not at least say thank you do not be surprised if the next time it hits you in your ass, or face!!!

dmk

I agree. Many of the troubles facing us daily at work, school, home, even messageboards could be alleviated or removed simply by normal courtesy.

chloe
12-13-2009, 08:09 AM
HMMMMM, Macho??? I've never thought of myself as macho.
My wife says, "No"! Macho has a connotation of arrogance and being something of a jerk, she says I'm definitely not that. Her first response was, "must be a feminist female to ask a question like that".

see I think of macho as cool, and feminist as having a bad name to it, i suppose its all in the interpretation. shrug.

crin63
12-13-2009, 11:07 AM
see I think of macho as cool, and feminist as having a bad name to it, i suppose its all in the interpretation. shrug.

It would seem so. I guess maybe its where we live and our circle of friends. The word feminist is a bad word around my home and circle of friends, however its worn as a badge of honor for most women to be called feminist in the Los Angeles area.

HogTrash
12-13-2009, 12:17 PM

"Once upon a time, men wore the pants, and wore them well. Women rarely had to open doors and little old ladies never crossed the street alone. Men took charge because that’s what they did. But somewhere along the way, the world decided it no longer needed men. Disco by disco, latte by foamy non-fat latte, men were stripped of their khaki’s and left stranded on the road between boyhood and androgyny. But today, there are questions our genderless society has no answers for. The world sits idly by and cities crumble, children misbehave and those little old ladies remain on one side of the street. For the first time since bad guys, we need heroes. We need grown-ups. We need men to put down the plastic fork, step away from the salad bar and untie the world from the tracks of complacency. It’s time to get your hands dirty. It’s time to answer the call of manhood. It’s time to wear the pants."

http://www.us.dockers.com/season/landing.aspxThis is a direct result of 'Cultural Marxism' and 'critical theory'.
http://frankfurtschool.us/history.htm

'Cultural Marxism' and 'critical theory' are concepts developed by a group of German intellectuals, who, in 1923, founded the Institute of Social Research at Frankfurt University. The Institute, modeled after the Marx-Engels Institute in Moscow, became known as the Frankfurt School [1]. In 1933, when the Nazis came to power in Germany, the members of the Frankfurt School fled to the United States. While here, they migrated to major U.S. universities (Columbia, Princeton, Brandeis, and California at Berkeley). These intellectual Marxists included Herbert Marcuse, who coined the phrase, 'make love, not war,' during the anti-Vietnam War demonstrations.

By promoting the dialectic of 'negative' criticism, that is, pointing out the rational contradictions in a society's belief system, the Frankfurt School 'revolutionaries' dreamed of a utopia where their rules governed [2]. "Their Critical Theory had to contain a strongly imaginative, even utopian strain, which transcends the limits of reality." Its tenets would never be subject to experimental evidence. The pure logic of their thoughts would be incontrovertible. As a precursor to today's 'postmodernism' in the intellectual academic community, [3] "...it recognized that disinterested scientific research was impossible in a society in which men were themselves not yet autonomous...the researcher was always part of the social object he was attempting to study." This, of course, is the concept which led to the current fetish for the rewriting of history, and the vogue for our universities' law, English literature, and humanities disciplines -- deconstruction.