PDA

View Full Version : Mormons at the door

darin
04-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Last night just after dinner two Mormon ladies rang the bell.

I politely declined - but HOLY CARP! the lady to my RIGHT facing me was ADORABLE! I'm thinking, "Geesh...I should let 'em in just to get a chance to see her more!"

"BAD DARIN" I scolded myself...Mary would get pretty uncomfortable sitting there watching me discuss religion while drooling over a little Mormon-cup-of-tea.

:)

Think Mormons, or anyone sharing their faith, should send out only their prettiest/most-attractive converts?

manu1959
04-19-2007, 04:37 PM

I politely declined - but HOLY CARP! the lady to my RIGHT facing me was ADORABLE! I'm thinking, "Geesh...I should let 'em in just to get a chance to see her more!"

"BAD DARIN" I scolded myself...Mary would get pretty uncomfortable sitting there watching me discuss religion while drooling over a little Mormon-cup-of-tea.

Think Mormons, or anyone sharing their faith, should send out only their prettiest/most-attractive converts?

dude you passed up a foursome....:poke:

darin
04-19-2007, 04:41 PM
dude you passed up a foursome....:poke:

lol! I once found a site arguing a THREEsome was okay as long as:

The center was a married man and woman.
The 3rd HAD to be an un-married woman.
The man did not actually have intercourse with the 3rd woman, nor lust to have intercourse with her.
If the woman WAS married, she'd have to have her husband present, OR have his consent.
The women were not to assume traditionally-male-roles during sex (be aggressive/powerful, whatever).

etc....I could find the link - I sent it to mary about 200 times.

:D

Mr. P
04-19-2007, 04:49 PM

Tis all about marketing, and catchy attractive images. So yes.
Maybe you might convert now with the hope of gettin some of that.:poke:

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 05:11 PM
lol! I once found a site arguing a THREEsome was okay as long as:
The 3rd HAD to be an un-married woman.

Was that justifyingmalefantasies.net?

:laugh2:

darin
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM

I'll find the link tonite, when it's safe to search...and post it up. :D

:wank2:

-Cp
04-19-2007, 05:19 PM

You mean pervertedfantasiesthatareoutsideofgodsplantherefor e aresinful.net ?

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 05:21 PM
You mean pervertedfantasiesthatareoutsideofgodsplantherefor earesinful.net ?

Same thing. :coffee:

darin
04-19-2007, 05:22 PM
You mean pervertedfantasiesthatareoutsideofgodsplantherefor earesinful.net ?

actually - they do bring up scripture and present at least reasonable points on the subject. People are typically SCARED to do much experimenting with sex. Some still feel 'missionary-position' may be the ONLY God-Approved position, as an example.

Oh - and I'd take issue with saying 'everything' outside God's plan = sin, too. :)

-Cp
04-19-2007, 05:23 PM
actually - they do bring up scripture and present at least reasonable points on the subject. People are typically SCARED to do much experimenting with sex. Some still feel 'missionary-position' may be the ONLY God-Approved position, as an example.

the link was referring to sex w/ or including anyone outside of the married man and woman...

darin
04-19-2007, 05:25 PM
the link was referring to sex w/ or including anyone outside of the married man and woman...

Right - but the site I found makes a case that it may not be a sinful situation to have a willing female partner join a husband and wife for sexual activities. :)

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Right - but the site I found makes a case that it may not be a sinful situation to have a willing female partner join a husband and wife for sexual activities. :)

Like I said, justifyingmalefantasies.net

darin
04-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Like I said, justifyingmalefantasies.net

:) You can read it - decide for yourself. I'm just reporting what's been reported. If nothing else, it's an interesting perspective. :)

And sorta hot.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 05:30 PM
:) You can read it - decide for yourself. I'm just reporting what's been reported. If nothing else, it's an interesting perspective. :)

And sorta hot.

I think I'll pass on that one. :)

darin
04-19-2007, 05:45 PM
I think I'll pass on that one. :)

at least read it! :)

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 05:48 PM
at least read it! :)

Make me!

:coffee:

5stringJeff
04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
So my guess was the Mormon chick was doing her mission work, so she was probably 19-20?

Anyway, I'm with -Cp regarding the threesome thing... certainly a common fantasy, but I see no way a woman could get involved with a married couple having intercourse without adultery, lust, or homosexual behavior coming into play.

04-19-2007, 08:50 PM

ah the power of the sisters. gets them everytime haha:p

04-19-2007, 08:52 PM
So my guess was the Mormon chick was doing her mission work, so she was probably 19-20?

Anyway, I'm with -Cp regarding the threesome thing... certainly a common fantasy, but I see no way a woman could get involved with a married couple having intercourse without adultery, lust, or homosexual behavior coming into play.

she was probably 21.

glockmail
04-19-2007, 08:59 PM

Common tactic in any sales presentation: T&A.

darin
04-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Page won't load - but here's a cached version:

When a man and woman have joined together in a loving and holy marriage union, they may sometimes find that their love for one another and for God spills over outside of their relationship. Or they may find that other people are drawn to the joy, bliss, and passion that they radiate. In such situations, the desire or opportunity may arise to involve a third individual in their relationship – to form a threesome. Is this a temptation into sin, or a calling to a higher spiritual love? The answer is not clear in all situations, so we must turn to the Scriptures for guidance.

Is a Christian Threesome Possible?

The possibility of a threesome, or ménage a trois, brings up two main issues of concern to Christians, those of homosexuality and adultery. Much has been said about Biblical prohibitions against both of these behaviors, but we must look at this situation carefully in context to see how and whether these rules apply. Let’s first consider the problem of homosexuality as it relates to a threesome. It’s common knowledge that in several passages in both the Old and New Testament the Bible prohibits homosexual acts between men. Although two men having simultaneous sexual relations with one woman may not have any overt homosexual contact between them, the act of sharing a woman and being together in a sexual situation is nevertheless homoerotic and suggests implied homosexuality, as well as presenting a temptation to experiment where one may ordinarily not. For this reason, we feel it is best for a couple to avoid bringing another man into the picture.

Most people assume the Biblical prohibition against male homosexuality also includes sex between women – lesbianism or female bisexuality. However, this is a questionable conclusion, since the Bible makes little or no mention of women with regard to this subject, and because the Bible, for better or worse, often holds men and women to different standards regarding sex and sexual roles. Therefore, we believe that lesbianism cannot be seen in the same light as male homosexuality through the Scriptures.

The one passage that is frequently cited as condemning female homosexuality is found in Romans 1:26-27: "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions: for their women exchanged the natural use for that which is against nature. And in the same way also the men abandoned the natural use of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts…” The idea of women going “against nature” is typically interpreted to mean women lusting after women. However, we believe that what Paul is referring to when he speaks of women “going against nature” is not female homosexuality per se, but rather the reversal of sexual roles that goes against the natural order established by God.

Of course, this does have relevance to the issue of female homosexuality, as many lesbians do assume masculine roles and attitudes, adopt male clothing and mannerisms, and play the part of a male in their relationships with women. Women who fall into this category (“butch” lesbians, or “bulldykes”) are indeed going against nature with regards to their sexuality. At the same time, however, there are many women who engage in lesbian or bisexual activity who nevertheless maintain a traditional feminine role and demeanor (i.e., “lipstick” lesbians). Since there is no specific prohibition against lesbian sex, as long as these women remain within the boundaries of the female role prescribed by Scripture, and submit to the authority of the men in their lives, we assume it is permissible. Of course, if their husband or father objected, that would be another story.

Isn’t a Threesome Adultery?

This leads directly to the subject of adultery, and whether female bisexual relations would be considered adultery in this context. This is another Biblical gray area, because within the Scripture and within the codes of Biblical law, adultery is always represented as intercourse between a man and a woman, specifically between a man and another man’s wife. Numbers 5 describes in detail the procedure for trying and punishing a woman for adultery, a process that can be initiated by the woman’s husband if his “wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him, and a man has intercourse with her.” or “(I)f a spirit of jealousy comes over (the husband) and he is jealous of his wife when she has defiled herself, or if a spirit of jealousy comes over him and he is jealous of his wife when she has not defiled herself.” (Numbers 5:12-14) Since a husband’s jealousy can be aroused whether or not his wife has actually had sex with another man, what is pertinent here is not the act of extramarital intercourse, but the husband’s feeling of being wronged. So a wife’s lesbian activities, even though not in the parameters of what the Bible defines as adulterous behavior, could nevertheless be considered adultery if it makes the wife’s husband jealous.

Of course, many heterosexual men, rather than feeling threatened by lesbian sex, are fascinated by it, and in this case, the exploration of the wife’s sexuality with another woman could actually serve to draw the husband and wife closer together. However, in this situation we must ask what degree of participation is appropriate for the male, and how should he conduct himself so as not to commit adultery against his wife. This is a slippery slope, but if we look to the Scriptures, we can establish some guidelines for what is permissible.

The Old Testament is full of references to Biblical men, such as Solomon, David, and others, who had not only multiple wives, but also harems of concubines at their disposal. Today the practice of polygyny (one man having multiple wives) is illegal in most places. Although we can acknowledge polygyny in principal, we must recognize and honor the primacy and priority of the marriage bond between one husband and one wife. Whenever a third party is introduced into this equation, it must only be to support and strengthen the existing marriage bond between those two individuals. So, if bringing in another woman would in any way undermine the relationship between husband and wife, it should not be pursued.

Playing by God’s Rules

If, on the other hand, a married couple feels their relationship would benefit from them establishing a loving involvement another woman, out of respect for the couple’s marriage, and out of respect for any marital attachments of the other woman, they must abide by certain limits and conditions:

(1) To avoid the impropriety of male homosexuality, a heterosexual couple should not under any circumstances form a threesome with another man.
(2) Both women involved in the threesome must be willing to keep within traditional female roles (i.e., not taking on masculine appearance or behavior in or out of the bedroom) and recognize the male as the leader in the relationship.
(3) If the wife’s lesbian sex partner is unmarried, it may be permissible for the husband to have relations with her only with his wife’s consent.
(4) If the wife’s lesbian sex partner is unmarried, but the wife does not wish her to have relations with the other woman, the husband should respect this.
(5) If the wife’s lesbian sex partner is married, her husband must not have objections to the relationship.
(6) If the wife’s lesbian sex partner is married, the husband should refrain from having any sexual relations with her, and should make every effort to control his fantasies about her. He should concentrate his attention on his own wife.
The latter case is the most difficult for the husband, since he must not only refrain from having relations with the other married woman, in order to avoid making them both adulterers, but he must also refrain from having lustful thoughts about her, because of what Matthew 5:28 tells us: “But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust in his eye has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” In this situation it is recommended that in order to avoid temptation, both the husband and his wife’s female partner focus their attentions and affection on the wife. If the husband finds it difficult to control his thoughts and fantasies about the other woman, it may be helpful to realize the meaning of this passage, which is that if you commit an act in your thoughts, it’s the same as committing it in real life. If a man imagines having intercourse with a married woman, then indeed, he has committed adultery in his heart. Instead, we would counsel this man to imagine that same married woman having sex with his wife; by taking himself out of the picture, he renders himself blameless. When in doubt, a married man would do well to apply this same principle in any situation involving a threesome with his wife and another woman.

To summarize, we feel a Christian threesome is morally acceptable if it meets these conditions: It must be composed of one man and two women, all of whom recognize and maintain proper sex roles for men and women in and out of the bedroom. All married members of the threesome must consent to the arrangement and have consent from their spouses. And finally, the purpose of the relationship must be that it ultimately strengthens the existing bond between husband and wife and allows all three parties to share and celebrate their love of God together.

http://www.sexinchrist.com/threesome.html as retrieved on Apr 16, 2007 02:43:03 GMT.

glockmail
04-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Its OK to be a lesbo? Twisted. :pee:

-Cp
04-19-2007, 10:40 PM
That's lame dmp.... freakin' lame...

It's obviously written by some twisted, perverted sex-addict....

Abbey Marie
04-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Hey D: I still didn't read it. :)

5stringJeff
04-20-2007, 10:17 AM
The author's reasoning is horrible.

First, it explains away passages about lesbianism in the same manner that pro-gay churches try to do. Second, it attempts to legitimize polygamy, which is against the original intent of marriage in Scripture (Genesis chapter 2). Third, it ignores the issue of lust (i.e. if a man lusts after a woman, it is the same as commiting adultery). Fourth, it tries to argue that a stranger to the marriage bed can somehow strengthen the marriage bond.

I'm no theologian, but I'm 100% sure that threesomes are against God's intent for a marriage, and therefore ought not be attempted.

darin
04-20-2007, 11:07 AM
The author's reasoning is horrible.

First, it explains away passages about lesbianism in the same manner that pro-gay churches try to do. Second, it attempts to legitimize polygamy, which is against the original intent of marriage in Scripture (Genesis chapter 2). Third, it ignores the issue of lust (i.e. if a man lusts after a woman, it is the same as committing adultery). Fourth, it tries to argue that a stranger to the marriage bed can somehow strengthen the marriage bond.

I'm no theologian, but I'm 100% sure that threesomes are against God's intent for a marriage, and therefore ought not be attempted.

Sexual arousal isn't lust. While that piece does assume-away some very real challenges, your rebuttal also makes assumptions. :D

5stringJeff
04-20-2007, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=dmp;42825]Sexual arousal isn't lust. While that piece does assume-away some very real challenges, your rebuttal also makes assumptions. :D[quote]

Sexual arousal towards your spouse is not lust. Sexual arousal towards anyone else is the very definition of sexual lust.

darin
04-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Sexual arousal isn't lust. While that piece does assume-away some very real challenges, your rebuttal also makes assumptions. :D

Sexual arousal towards your spouse is not lust. Sexual arousal towards anyone else is the very definition of sexual lust.

You've never got a spontaneous boner? I get three or four a day. Not so many since my bald friend (no, not Margaret) left. :p

Lust is much MUCH deeper than mere arousal. Lust = burning, cultivating, unbridled desire.

5stringJeff
04-20-2007, 04:28 PM
You've never got a spontaneous boner? I get three or four a day. Not so many since my bald friend (no, not Margaret) left. :p

Lust is much MUCH deeper than mere arousal. Lust = burning, cultivating, unbridled desire.

OK, in the context of the situation, since the second woman is there to either 1) sexually arouse the woman, which is lesbianism (and prohibited) or 2) sexually arouse the man, which is lust (also prohibited), then there is no acceptable reason for the second woman to be there.

darin
04-20-2007, 04:51 PM
OK, in the context of the situation, since the second woman is there to either 1) sexually arouse the woman, which is lesbianism (and prohibited) or 2) sexually arouse the man, which is lust (also prohibited), then there is no acceptable reason for the second woman to be there.

But being sexually aroused is NOT lust, brother.

-Cp
04-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Original Word Word Origin
ejpiqumevw
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Epithumeo 3:168,339
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
ep-ee-thoo-meh'-o Verb

Definition
to turn upon a thing
to have a desire for, long for, to desire
to lust after, covet
of those who seek things forbidden

King James Word Usage - Total: 16
desire 8, covet 3, lust 3, lust after 1, fain 1

darin
04-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Original Word Word Origin
ejpiqumevw
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Epithumeo 3:168,339
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
ep-ee-thoo-meh'-o Verb

Definition
to turn upon a thing
to have a desire for, long for, to desire
to lust after, covet
of those who seek things forbidden

King James Word Usage - Total: 16
desire 8, covet 3, lust 3, lust after 1, fain 1

Right.

gabosaurus
04-20-2007, 06:09 PM
If Mormons come to your door, just say you gave to Mitt and shoo them off.