PDA

View Full Version : did your state vote for Obama???

namvet
12-18-2009, 01:34 PM
then you have worries. a study finds out Democratic districts have received nearly twice as much stimulus money as Republican districts and the cash has been awarded without regard to how badly an area was suffering from job losses.
more change??? spread the wealth eh ???

On average, Democratic districts also got 152 awards, while Republican ones got 94.

source (source)

but then Democrats Need More Stimulation link (link)

Jeff
12-18-2009, 02:05 PM
then you have worries. a study finds out Democratic districts have received nearly twice as much stimulus money as Republican districts and the cash has been awarded without regard to how badly an area was suffering from job losses.
more change??? spread the wealth eh ???

source (source)

but then Democrats Need More Stimulation link (link)

One of the first things Obama said once elected was he was going to do away with allot of the subsidies that go to the farmers, he said " the Millionaire farmers don't need it" I have lived in SC and Ga and although there are a few millionaires that own farms , the average farmers is barley making ends meat, but check out what states voted for him and which ones didn't lol, you will see real quick where the majority of the farmers are

chloe
12-18-2009, 04:00 PM
no my state did not

HogTrash
12-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Although my state went blue, my community remained red.

At least I don't have to live with those idiots...Whata blessing.

Kathianne
12-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Although my state went blue, my community remained red.

At least I don't have to live with those idiots...Whata blessing.

Likewise my county. IL/DuPage. Problem is, my county is getting closer to Blue than ever. There was a time it was THE MOST conservative county in the country.

PostmodernProphet
12-18-2009, 06:38 PM
it was in the paper just last week.....the eastern half of Michigan (Democrat) received 70% of Michigan's stimulus money, the western half (Republican) received 30%......our county, which always votes Republican, received 1/2 of 1%......

Insein
12-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Gotta love partisan politics. So much for bringing people together on both sides of the aisle. The only one that tried that in recent years was Bush and it got us NCLB. Nothing good comes from bipartisanship with the democrats.

Binky
12-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Considering I live in Michigan and it's the automotive capital of the world, I'd have to say yep. Michigan is a huge democratic state. Doesn't make us good. Doesn't make us bad. Just makes us in a huge economic bind, at this point in time...... Unemployment and home foreclosures are the highest since the Great Depression of 1929..... The powers that be are saying we're in a recession, but from where I see Michigan, we're in a depression...... Recession my ass..... Where's a carbon fart when I need one??????