PDA

View Full Version : Iran invades Iraqi oil fields

12-19-2009, 05:04 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580560,00.html

Doesnt look like any violence has occured yet. Could we be seeing the beginnings of war?

Gaffer
12-19-2009, 05:45 PM
It's just a little test. Probably not the first time, just the first time reported. The iraqi's can't do anything and the US won't.

12-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Iraq sends security force to deal with Iran (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq)

Looks like it's escalating.

Alias.258
08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
-Im looking for the original article that fox based their report on as they refer to Reuters throughout the article as their reference. It seems the second one posted was written by AP. Based on what i have read one is on terrorism in Iraq, the other focusing on Iran present at Iraqi oil fields.
-The first one is from what i can say from having read countless articles this year on Iran, that Mahmoud was just testing the west, as he has been for as long as i can remember. Would the US have responded if we had a different president. Probably, but right now Mahmoud isn't ready to go further than just testing responses, most of the stuff he does is just political maneuvering one assumes to appear powerful to his people. But at this point i don't know why he does it so often. The point being is that hes just testing and isn't ready for a war quite yet. Of course that is just my observation i might be completely wrong.
-The second article was about terrorism in Iraq and that seemed to be somewhat of a separate issue other than the fact that both the terrorists and Iran are testing the west. The terrorists might have a secondary goal such as demoralizing the people of Iraq, but i have no idea where they will go from there.
-Again this is all just my humble opinion feel free to disagree with me.

Alias.258
08-30-2010, 08:33 PM
-Im looking for the original article that fox based their report on as they refer to Reuters throughout the article as their reference. It seems the second one posted was written by AP. Based on what i have read one is on terrorism in Iraq, the other focusing on Iran present at Iraqi oil fields.
-From what i can say from having read countless articles this year on Iran, is that Mahmoud was just testing the west, as he has been for as long as i can remember. Would the US have responded if we had a different president. Probably, but right now Mahmoud isn't ready to go further than just testing responses, most of the stuff he does is just political maneuvering one assumes to appear powerful to his people. But at this point i don't know why he does it so often. The point being is that hes just testing and isn't ready for a war quite yet. Of course that is just my observation i might be completely wrong.
-The second article was about terrorism in Iraq and that seemed to be somewhat of a separate issue other than the fact that both the terrorists and Iran are testing the west. The terrorists might have a secondary goal such as demoralizing the people of Iraq, but i have no idea where they will go from there.
-Again this is all just my humble opinion feel free to disagree with me.

Sorry about the second post guys the previous site i frequented had a one hour editing rule