PDA

View Full Version : ethnic food and drink

Luna Tick
12-19-2009, 10:21 PM
I have some dinner guests coming. One guest is half black and half Polish. I have another guest who is half Chinese and half Native American. We'll therefore be enjoying a fine meal of Buffalo Meat Lo Mein and punch made of grape soda and vodka.

chloe
12-19-2009, 10:54 PM
I have some dinner guests coming. One guest is half black and half Polish. I have another guest who is half Chinese and half Native American. We'll therefore be enjoying a fine meal of Buffalo Meat Lo Mein and punch made of grape soda and vodka.

he he , we had a potluck at work and I was supposed to bring a dish that represented some international place of my ancestors....I really did think of you Luna. :salute:

Jeff
12-19-2009, 10:56 PM
he he , we had a potluck at work and I was supposed to bring a dish that represented some international place of my ancestors....I really did think of you Luna. :salute:

Wow bet if ya were thinking of Luna your co workers had one hell of a suprise when they looked in your pot, LOL

chloe
12-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Wow bet if ya were thinking of Luna your co workers had one hell of a suprise when they looked in your pot, LOL

I didn't participate, we just had one a month ago.

(just admit you wish luna was under your tree christmas morning jeff)

Jeff
12-19-2009, 11:03 PM
I didn't participate, we just had one a month ago.

Without a doubt she is Gods gift to men ,LOL

So you telling me you only cook once a month, lol

chloe
12-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Without a doubt she is Gods gift to men ,LOL

So you telling me you only cook once a month, lol

No I am telling you potlucks get on my nerves (as do office parties) once or twice a year is enough for me......:eek:....shocking I know !

Jeff
12-19-2009, 11:07 PM
No I am telling you potlucks get on my nerves (as do office parties) once or twice a year is enough for me......:eek:....shocking I know !

Not shocking at all, I don't go to work parties safety meetings or any work functions unless it is a must attend , LOL

chloe
12-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Not shocking at all, I don't go to work parties safety meetings or any work functions unless it is a must attend , LOL

:laugh2:, I wonder what kind of food Luna serves for the sacred christmas holiday....unless lunatick is a jew...or (gasp) an atheist.....

Jeff
12-19-2009, 11:12 PM
:laugh2:, I wonder what kind of food Luna serves for the sacred christmas holiday....unless lunatick is a jew...or (gasp) an atheist.....

I think we will hear all about her guest and her menu soon enough , LOL

Luna Tick
12-20-2009, 02:19 AM
Sorry I missed the potluck, but tell me your nationalities anyway and I'll think up a meal that works so that you'll be ready next time.

PostmodernProphet
12-20-2009, 06:33 AM

you mean when it was first cut down?.....

chloe
12-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Sorry I missed the potluck, but tell me your nationalities anyway and I'll think up a meal that works so that you'll be ready next time.

German, Irish, Swedish......(oh yeah and according to glockmail, jewish is a race too even though I'm not jewish, my ancestors were) :laugh2:

chloe
12-20-2009, 08:16 AM
you mean when it was first cut down?.....

Yep....otherwise it would be too big to fit in the house:cool:. Here are some wise Instructions on how to cut the tree:

When you cut a tree you need to watch out. Cutting down a tree is not an easy decision to make but often necessary for safety reasons including interference with power lines, dead wood and other hazards. Felling a large tree is quite dangerous if not done correctly.

Go to base of tree, look for signs of root instability including: cow pie fungus, other uprooted trees, roots near a river or lake.

Hug the tree and look up it, further assessing the lean.

Hit the tree with your falling axe to determine the soundness of the wood. Sharp 'thonks' or cracks indicate live wood, while dead wood sounds hollow, or muted. Sound at several spots all around the tree and at different heights.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fell-a-Tree