PDA

View Full Version : Sunday showdown: The Senate’s Demcare treachery

stephanie
12-20-2009, 12:17 PM
By Michelle Malkin • December 20, 2009 10:03 AM

Sellout Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) got his Cash-for-Cloture Christmas present early: Special Medicaid expansion subsidies for his state ($45 million for starters over the next decade). The budget-strapped governors of every other state in the union ought to be crying foul.

Despite his protestations and rationalizations, government abortion funding remains in the bill.

As the Small Business Against Big Government blog quipped: The secret to the Art of the Sellout is to pretend you tried.

FYI: The Senate plan also still allows for government coverage of illegal aliens.

We are all Joe Wilsons now.

President Obama, September 9, 2009:

There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false – the reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally. And one more misunderstanding I want to clear up – under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions…
THEY LIE.

Time is of the essence. Here’s the rundown of the next 24 hours:

“Following the remarks of Senator Coburn, the Senate will adjourn until 1:00pm Sunday, December 20. Following the prayer and pledge, the time until 1:30pm will be equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees. Beginning at 1:30pm and until 11:30pm, there will be alternating blocks of time, with the Republicans controlling the first hour and the Majority controlling the next hour.

At 11:30pm (Sunday), the Senate will recess until 12:01am Monday, December 21. Following the prayer and pledge, the time until 1:00am will be equally divided and controlled between the two leaders or their designees, with the Majority Leader controlling the final 10 minutes and the Republican Leader controlling the 10 minutes immediately prior.

At 1:00AM Monday, December 21, the Senate will proceed to a cloture vote on the Reid-Baucus-Dodd-Harkin amendment #2376.”

Did Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell’s strategy (or lack thereof) fail? RedState thinks so.

But it ain’t over ’til it’s over.

Nebraskans are rebelling.

The rest of us must continue to raise our voices, too, and fight to the end.

Melt those phones.

The corruption of the deliberative process over Demcare gives complete lie to the pretense that government can run health care in a non-corruptible way. Must-read big picture essay from Doctor Zero: “The illusion of design.” An excerpt:

read the rest here..
http://michellemalkin.com/

red states rule
12-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Not only is Obamacare adding to the defict and our debt - but the politcal bribs and payoffs the Dems are handing out to get the votes is adding up as well

So much for the hope and change

So much for Dems draining the swamp

Dems are so drunk with power they are not even trying to hand out the bribes in the darm smoke filled rooms any longer

Joyful HoneyBee
12-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Time is of the essence. Here’s the rundown of the next 24 hours:

“Following the remarks of Senator Coburn, the Senate will adjourn until 1:00pm Sunday, December 20. Following the prayer and pledge, the time until 1:30pm will be equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees. Beginning at 1:30pm and until 11:30pm, there will be alternating blocks of time, with the Republicans controlling the first hour and the Majority controlling the next hour.

At 11:30pm (Sunday), the Senate will recess until 12:01am Monday, December 21. Following the prayer and pledge, the time until 1:00am will be equally divided and controlled between the two leaders or their designees, with the Majority Leader controlling the final 10 minutes and the Republican Leader controlling the 10 minutes immediately prior.

At 1:00AM Monday, December 21, the Senate will proceed to a cloture vote on the Reid-Baucus-Dodd-Harkin amendment #2376.”

We should encourage them to add this to their prayer "Heavenly Father, please strike me dead before I vote if I am doing the wrong thing in supporting this legislation."

I'm jus' sayin'

emmett
12-20-2009, 01:03 PM
If a third party had recieved double digit vote count in the last election, this would not be happening!

I'm just saying......

red states rule
12-21-2009, 10:24 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com//images/content/158523.JPG