PDA

View Full Version : Conservative or Liberal?

Samantha
04-19-2007, 07:39 PM
On another thread, the question came up of how many Liberals are here and how many Conservatives are here. I know that there are a lot of stances in between, but just for the sake of the poll, would your ideology be more Liberal or Conservative?

shattered
04-19-2007, 07:40 PM
On another thread, the question came up of how many Liberals are here and how many Conservatives are here. I know that there are a lot of stances in between, but just for the sake of the poll, would your ideology be more Liberal or Conservative?

More Conservative than Liberal.

Kathianne
04-19-2007, 07:45 PM
More conservative than liberal, but what I'm liberal on might confuse ya.

Nuc
04-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Anyone who thinks they're conservative or liberal is conning themselves. We're all a mixture of both. Maybe we're conservative politically but then dress up like ballerinas and do S and M like OCA. Or liberal politically but go to confession everyday like loose cannon. Or conservative on racial issues but hang out in gay bars and drink pink cocktails like Hugh Lincoln. Or some other mixture. NOBODY is totally liberal or totally conservative. :dance:

stephanie
04-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty Conservative, with a splash of liberal in there, in some instances..:laugh2:

shattered
04-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Anyone who thinks they're conservative or liberal is conning themselves. We're all a mixture of both. Maybe we're conservative politically but then dress up like ballerinas and do S and M like OCA. Or liberal politically but go to confession everyday like loose cannon. Or conservative on racial issues but hang out in gay bars and drink pink cocktails like Hugh Lincoln. Or some other mixture. NOBODY is totally liberal or totally conservative. :dance:

Hence the "more X then Y" replies?

stephanie
04-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Hence the "more X then Y" replies?

:laugh2:

5stringJeff
04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm a conservative-libertarian.

Samantha
04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
More Conservative than Liberal.Please vote?

Anyone who thinks they're conservative or liberal is conning themselves. We're all a mixture of both. Maybe we're conservative politically but then dress up like ballerinas and do S and M like OCA. Or liberal politically but go to confession everyday like loose cannon. Or conservative on racial issues but hang out in gay bars and drink pink cocktails like Hugh Lincoln. Or some other mixture. NOBODY is totally liberal or totally conservative. :dance:I didn't ask for totally. Unless you are exactly in the center, you can vote. Which side to you lean toward?

I'm pretty Conservative, with a splash of liberal in there, in some instances..:laugh2:Please vote?

I'm a conservative-libertarian.Thank you for voting :D

Samantha
04-19-2007, 08:35 PM
The reason that I wanted to make this poll was because on USPoliticsOnline.com the same discussion came up. People were arguing about whether there were more righties or lefties on the board. So I made a poll and we found out. I'm curious to find out here as well. Most people lean to one side or the other. The minority is on the fence. I should have made a center option.

Can a mod fix that please?

shattered
04-19-2007, 08:36 PM
The reason that I wanted to make this poll was because on USPoliticsOnline.com the same discussion came up. People were arguing about whether there were more righties or lefties on the board. So I made a poll and we found out. I'm curious to find out here as well. Most people lean to one side or the other. The minority is on the fence. I should have made a center option.

Then you'd better ask for a center-right and a center left as well as the center if you want a TRUE accounting, because right now your poll is very skewed.

glockmail
04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Right of Limbaugh, left of Savage. :laugh2:

stephanie
04-19-2007, 09:08 PM

Hey, that'll work..:laugh2:

glockmail
04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey, that'll work..:laugh2: Hey, I'm a damn centrist.

loosecannon
04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I voted.

I suspect I am the most conservative person posting on the board. I say that among other reasons because my dream candidate for Pres is Ron Paul who is claimed by wiki to be "by one measure the most conservative member of Congress since 1937".

I do not want Hillary to be our next pres, unless the choice is some false conservative or neocalvinist like Bush.

I am also not at all wild about the dems in congress. I thought Clinton was an outstanding liar and it was agonizing to listen to him.

But all that aside todays self proclaimed conservatives are for the most part neocalvinist reactionaries who constitute a cancer of our nation. They are not a political party so much as a political disease.

And I oppose those imposters and traitors with every fiber of my being.

Which is of course the only patriotic position to choose from.

loosecannon
04-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Then you'd better ask for a center-right and a center left as well as the center if you want a TRUE accounting, because right now your poll is very skewed.

Your use of the word 'true" is subjective. Why not offer 10 or even 100 choices along the left/right spectrum.

But the left right spectrum is specious. Bothe the extreme right and the extreme left are almost identical, suggesting perhaps a circle would work better than a line.

And the single dimensional scale is "one dimensional", suggesting perhaps a cylinder or a sphere or a cone might better delineate a person's true political compass.

Samantha
04-20-2007, 10:47 AM
It's supposed to be just a simple poll to find out if the board has more righties or more lefties.

Roomy
04-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I voted.

I suspect I am the most conservative person posting on the board. I say that among other reasons because my dream candidate for Pres is Ron Paul who is claimed by wiki to be "by one measure the most conservative member of Congress since 1937".

I do not want Hillary to be our next pres, unless the choice is some false conservative or neocalvinist like Bush.

I am also not at all wild about the dems in congress. I thought Clinton was an outstanding liar and it was agonizing to listen to him.

But all that aside todays self proclaimed conservatives are for the most part neocalvinist reactionaries who constitute a cancer of our nation. They are not a political party so much as a political disease.

I bet you were bottle fed as a baby?:laugh2:

5stringJeff
04-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I voted.

So which political policies do you hold that makes you describe yourself as "conservative?" Your Marxist economic policy?

loosecannon
04-20-2007, 11:18 AM
So which political policies do you hold that makes you describe yourself as "conservative?" Your Marxist economic policy?

>Fiscal conservancy
>no entanglements in foreign affairs
>integrity and responsibility in Gummit
>lower taxes
>individual rights and freedoms, strict interp of bill of rights
>No gummit invasions of privacy
>States rights trump federal rights
>smaller federal gummit
>energy and economic self sufficiency
>I oppose the unitary executive platform

I also oppose most of the policies of the new deal, the war on drugs, the Great society, NAFTA, CAFTA, Nixon's war on Poverty and the welfare state, tho the ideals behind all of these have many strong and honorable merits the policies were counter productive.

CockySOB
04-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I bet you were bottle fed as a baby?:laugh2:

And later in life he moved to the hind teat....

Abbey Marie
04-20-2007, 11:40 AM

You can just start a new poll, and we can lock this one.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 12:39 PM

good point...

put me down as center left... cuz heaven knows, to the righties, anything left of their positions is considered to be liberal to them...

:cheers2:

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 12:41 PM

in other words, you're a hard core righty...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Your use of the word 'true" is subjective. Why not offer 10 or even 100 choices along the left/right spectrum.

But the left right spectrum is specious. Bothe the extreme right and the extreme left are almost identical, suggesting perhaps a circle would work better than a line.

And the single dimensional scale is "one dimensional", suggesting perhaps a cylinder or a sphere or a cone might better delineate a person's true political compass.

come on, loose... solid geometry is an advanced mathematics course...

:dance:

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 12:44 PM
It's supposed to be just a simple poll to find out if the board has more righties or more lefties.

then you should have made the categories lefty or righty...

just my nickle... (that used to be two cents, but thanks to inflation, it is now 5...)

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 12:51 PM
>Fiscal conservancy
>no entanglements in foreign affairs
>integrity and responsibility in Gummit
>lower taxes
>individual rights and freedoms, strict interp of bill of rights
>No gummit invasions of privacy
>States rights trump federal rights
>smaller federal gummit
>energy and economic self sufficiency
>I oppose the unitary executive platform

I also oppose most of the policies of the new deal, the war on drugs, the Great society, NAFTA, CAFTA, Nixon's war on Poverty and the welfare state, tho the ideals behind all of these have many strong and honorable merits the policies were counter productive.

after reading this list, loose... I also voted conservative... laffs...

also add to it, a strong border and military... neither of which we have thanks to bushco...

I'm still not a republican though and I am a staunch anti-bushie but I do tend to be more conservative than most... we need a new poll...

right or left...

or

pro-bush or anti-bush...

or both...

Samantha
04-20-2007, 04:22 PM
You can just start a new poll, and we can lock this one.No that's ok then, nevermind. This one will do, thanks!

Samantha
04-20-2007, 04:26 PM
then you should have made the categories lefty or righty...

just my nickle... (that used to be two cents, but thanks to inflation, it is now 5...)That's true.

Damn, people are so picky when it comes to polls! LOL!

CockySOB
04-20-2007, 05:15 PM
That's true.

Damn, people are so picky when it comes to polls! LOL!

LOL! As much as people tend to generalize about others, they don't want to generalize themselves.

gabosaurus
04-20-2007, 06:23 PM
I am sure I have a few qualities present in both sides.