PDA

View Full Version : Second Amendment and Health Care

Mr. P
12-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Is this an end run around the Constitution? Maybe!!!

Remember..What the Government gives they can take away.

Jamie Dupree
Second Amendment Health
By
Jamie Dupree
@ December 22, 2009 12:00 AM Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBacks (0)

The Democratic amendment to the health care bill that was rolled out this weekend has several pages about gun rights and health care, as gun possession pertains to "Wellness and Prevention Programs."

It's right there, starting on Page 5, with a section entitled, "PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN RIGHTS."

"A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to--"(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or "(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage 22 of a firearm or ammunition by an individual."

As is the case with many provisions in these bills, I would love to know who came up this plan, and the need to have it in the extra amendment offered on Saturday.

The gun issue has been bubbling out there, with notices like this on the web site of Gun Owners of America:

More
http://wsbradio.com/blogs/jamie_dupree/2009/12/second-amendment-health.html

Monkeybone
12-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Well I guess its a good thing I don't "own" any than huh :coffee:

Mr. P
12-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Well I guess its a good thing I don't "own" any than huh :coffee:

Ain't it the truth! I don't think I even know anyone who does "own" any either. :cool:

sgtdmski
12-24-2009, 05:35 AM
Well you know what, I own 5 guns, and plan on buying at least 2 more. I feel sorry for whoever comes to try and take my guns, for although I may die keeping them, you damn well better believe, that I will take several lives in their defense.

I hit what I shoot at, I have the proof to show that, they can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands, but they better bring a lot of body bags, for I am well trained in escape and evasion, and in the ability to camouflage and moving!!!!!

dmk