PDA

View Full Version : Support our Soldiers

Joyful HoneyBee
12-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Now that we all know that there will indeed be a surge, I would like to appeal to users on this board to get involved and help make sure our soldiers receive the support they so justly deserve. If kids at schools throughout this country can do things to improve life for our soldiers, how much more can we do?

The gentleman in charge of our building maintenance at work has just shipped a few boxes of goodies over to troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He encouraged my fellow associates to bring in treats, games and grooming items. It didn't take long for the outpouring to pour out of the box he set up in a cubicle that had been assigned to Santa Claus. He was able to pack those boxes with all kinds of snacks, playing cards, hand sanitizer and such.

Deployed soldiers get an amazing boost in morale when mail call yields packages from home, whether they come from family, friends, or complete strangers. So, if you belong to a church, a club, or work for an employer like mine who encourages giving and sharing, I would just like to appeal to you to get involved.

I realize this is a redundant post and I've said this before, but, it would be great to hear from others about what their communities are doing to support our troops. :salute: