PDA

View Full Version : Future Congresses Cannot Repeal Parts of Healthcare Bill

red states rule
12-22-2009, 11:45 PM
This is something. Dems are so obsessed with expanding government power they actually want to make it illegal to repeal Obamacare

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwcOk5NoNyE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwcOk5NoNyE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CSM
12-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Another step towards tyranny!

red states rule
12-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Another step towards tyranny!

"When people fear government there is tyranny

When government fears the people there is liberty"

Thomas Jefferson

CSM
12-23-2009, 08:02 AM

Thomas Jefferson

Mr. Jefferson was a very wise man.

red states rule
12-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Mr. Jefferson was a very wise man.

Sad to see how this nation went from Thomas Jefferson to Harry Reid

I heard another wise man (I can't remember his name) who said recently Harry Reid is running a sewer treatment plant in reverse in the US Senate

CSM
12-23-2009, 08:24 AM

I heard another wise man (I can't remember his name) who said recently Harry Reid is running a sewer treatment plant in reverse in the US Senate

You have to remember that the Founding Fathers' views were forged in the fires of adversity and refined under the constricting noose of tyranny. The current crop of political hacks in Washington had their philosophy forged in the lap of luxury and refined by self interests and corruption.

I find it interesting that when this country was founded it was flat broke, had few allies and no global power yet the citizens of this country were able to make the United States of America one of the greatest nations on the planet. Here we are today ... supposedly one of the most powerful nations on earth, rich and with supposedly an overabundance of allies (all with their hands out) yet with a government that can't even protect this nations borders.

The clowns in Washington need to be put back in their little car and driven back into clown land where they belong.

red states rule
12-23-2009, 08:29 AM
You have to remember that the Founding Fathers' views were forged in the fires of adversity and refined under the constricting noose of tyranny. The current crop of political hacks in Washington had their philosophy forged in the lap of luxury and refined by self interests and corruption.

I find it interesting that when this country was founded it was flat broke, had few allies and no global power yet the citizens of this country were able to make the United States of America one of the greatest nations on the planet. Here we are today ... supposedly one of the most powerful nations on earth, rich and with supposedly an overabundance of allies (all with their hands out) yet with a government that can't even protect this nations borders.

The clowns in Washington need to be put back in their little car and driven back into clown land where they belong.

America reminds me of this

You live on the same street as the richest family in the neighborhood. Everyone looks at thier big house, expensive cars in the driveway. How their lawn is the best well kept. Their kids go to the finest private school available

Then one day the foreclosure sign goes up in the front yard. The cars are repoed. The family is seen packing their posessions in a U-Haul, and moving out of the neighborhood

Everyone is shocked, but it is clear they were spending more then they took in. People see they were not so rich afterall

CSM
12-23-2009, 08:33 AM
America reminds me of this

You live on the same street as the richest family in the neighborhood. Everyone looks at thier big house, expensive cars in the driveway. How their lawn is the best well kept. Their kids go to the finest private school available

Then one day the foreclosure sign goes up in the front yard. The cars are repoed. The family is seen packing their posessions in a U-Haul, and moving out of the neighborhood

Everyone is shocked, but it is clear they were spending more then they took in. People see they were not so rich afterall

Almost. The problem is that now when that family packs the U-haul, it's YOUR stuff they are putting into it!

red states rule
12-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Almost. The problem is that now when that family packs the U-haul, it's YOUR stuff they are putting into it!

I stand corrected

Botom line is, America's credit card is maxed and Dems keep going over the limit

CSM
12-23-2009, 08:39 AM
I stand corrected

Botom line is, America's credit card is maxed and Dems keep going over the limit

Not just Dems, my friend. The whole bunch of them will say or do anyting to stay in power (including Republicans) and the citizens of this country just keep believing the lies. I expect that very soon, any attempt to form new political parties will be outlawed! The American people will have a choice between different flavors of tyranny.

red states rule
12-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Not just Dems, my friend. The whole bunch of them will say or do anyting to stay in power (including Republicans) and the citizens of this country just keep believing the lies. I expect that very soon, any attempt to form new political parties will be outlawed! The American people will have a choice between different flavors of tyranny.

Dems make the previous Republican Congress look like Mr Scrooge. We went from a $500 billion defict to $1.7 trillion

Even China never openly balked about financing our debt until Obama, reid, and Pleosi took over

You are right however. Some Republicans blew it and overspent - but Dems have taken spending to new heights

CSM
12-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Dems make the previous Republican Congress look like Mr Scrooge. We went from a $500 billion defict to $1.7 trillion

Even China never openly balked about financing our debt until Obama, reid, and Pleosi took over

You are right however. Some Republicans blew it and overspent - but Dems have taken spending to new heights

Our government truly believes that the citizens of this country have become so apathetic that they can get away with anything. Judging by the number of people who are eligible to vote but don't, they could be right.

red states rule
12-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Our government truly believes that the citizens of this country have become so apathetic that they can get away with anything. Judging by the number of people who are eligible to vote but don't, they could be right.

http://www.strangepolitics.com//images/content/159000.JPG

bullypulpit
12-24-2009, 04:54 AM

Thomas Jefferson

An when a few irrationally fear the government simply because the right wing-nut punditocracy tells them to do so, we have sheeple. :laugh2:

red states rule
12-24-2009, 05:52 AM
An when a few irrationally fear the government simply because the right wing-nut punditocracy tells them to do so, we have sheeple. :laugh2:

As usal BP you attack and change the subject. No comment to the actual topic and the fact Dems did put in the bill no future Congress can repeal the bill?

I understand your fear BP. The voters are no longer buying the hope and chnage bullshit and they see the Dem party flipping them off by passing Obamacare

In your world I guess you agree with that response. After all, you seem to have the "I know what is best for your stupid people" mentality

CSM
12-24-2009, 07:12 AM

Then there are those who SHOULD fear the government (but don't) because they are blissfully, if not willingly, unaware/ignorant/apathetic, etc. More disconcertingly, there are also those (like you BP) who would have us believe that tyranny is good, the government will solve all ills (though our government tends to create the very issues they "resolve") and that the Dems are the second coming.

The old tactics you and those like you do not work anymore. A good majority of the citizenry of this country are finally waking up and realize that the rhetoric is mere obfuscation, the attacks on private citizens (like Palin) are mere misdirection and the Democratic Party in particular is all about retention of power based on victimhood. No victims = no democrats.

Blaming Bush doesn't work any more. Denigrating conservative talk radio doesn't work any more. Blaming Christians doesn't work anymore. None of it works anymore because the Dems/liberals got what they wanted ... they got to run the country as they see fit. What they forgot was with that power comes RESPONSIBILITY. They and they alone are responsible for the huge debt accumulated over the past year. They and they alone are responsible for the unemployment rate and lack of jobs. They and they alone are responsible for back pedalling on the promises their party and their president made during the past election.

RSR is right, it is tough being a liberal these days.

12-24-2009, 10:46 AM
I dont think they could constitutionally prevent a future congress from repealing it. We cant even prevent a future congress from changing the Constitution if they have the support of the people. And this legislation isnt more powerful than the Constitution.

12-24-2009, 10:48 AM

What kind of rational person trusts some politician in power over them to make all their life decisions for them? And you people seem to think we are irrational?

Stop trying to make someone else take care of you and take care of yourself!

KarlMarx
12-24-2009, 01:21 PM
This is something. Dems are so obsessed with expanding government power they actually want to make it illegal to repeal Obamacare
</EMBED>

I can't wait until November 2010 when I can vote these felonious sons of bitches out of office. The first order of business of the next Congress should be to repeal this legislation. The second should be to investigate, impeach and convict the architects of this illegal legislation and frogmarch the bastards straight to f---ing jail on television. If only to show the American public just what kind of criminals are running this country of ours.

SassyLady
12-24-2009, 06:21 PM

Bullypulpit...............in case you have not been paying attention lately........we don't fear the government, we are pissed off at it because it is out of control and not listening to the people they are being paid to represent. It's like have an insubordinate employee......I say fire their sorry arses!

If you want to talk about irrational wing-nuts and sheeple, you need to look to the progressive left. Can you honestly tell me that you are in agreement with everything Congress is currently shoving down our throats??? Because, if you are, and you are just labeling it punditocracy, then you are defintely afflicted with the ostrich syndrome...........which is worse than sheep.:poke:

PostmodernProphet
12-25-2009, 07:11 AM
so, what happens when the next congress passes it's first new resolution "we hereby extend to ourselves the authority to revoke any laws previously made irrevocable".....

PostmodernProphet
12-25-2009, 07:14 AM

it's a simple result.....you've heard the same principle ever since computers were invented....."Garbage in, garbage out"........

red states rule
12-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Bullypulpit...............in case you have not been paying attention lately........we don't fear the government, we are pissed off at it because it is out of control and not listening to the people they are being paid to represent. It's like have an insubordinate employee......I say fire their sorry arses!

If you want to talk about irrational wing-nuts and sheeple, you need to look to the progressive left. Can you honestly tell me that you are in agreement with everything Congress is currently shoving down our throats??? Because, if you are, and you are just labeling it punditocracy, then you are defintely afflicted with the ostrich syndrome...........which is worse than sheep.:poke:

and BP was gotten "bored" and moved on once again

It is clear the contempt the Dems have for the voters will result in huge losses for them in Nov 2010

BP will then pull the race card from the bottom of the deck, as well as the usual excuses lefties make when they lose an election

I am sure that in BP's mind he feels the vast majority of people are to damn stuipd to make the "correct" decisions regardling politics, and how they lives their own lives - so it must be up to the more enlightened ones on the left to make those choices for them

In return those stupid people must be willing to hand over a ever more increasing share of their income to finance those government programs. If they refuse or try and dissent - they must be silenced, destroyed, and discreditied for the good of the collective

namvet
12-25-2009, 02:56 PM
the up coming civil war will wipe it clean

Jeff
12-25-2009, 03:21 PM
the up coming civil war will wipe it clean

I am steady baiting the fields , LOL

Little-Acorn
12-26-2009, 01:38 AM
RSR and MKP, please don't feed the trolls, OK?

BTW, if the Dems put language into the bill saying future Congresses can't repeal sections 3, 5, 21, and 89, what's to stop a future Congress from first repealing the part that tells them which sections not to repeal? And then going ahead and repealing sections 3, 5, 21 etc. to their hearts' content?

PostmodernProphet
12-26-2009, 07:03 AM

we have "sheeple" when we fail to remind the government to fear the voters......

red states rule
12-27-2009, 04:41 PM
http://media.washingtontimes.com/media/img/photos/2009/12/23/varv12222009_t756.jpg?