PDA

View Full Version : White Christmas

BoogyMan
12-24-2009, 10:50 AM
For the first time in 40 years we are having a white Christmas in north central TX. It is totally beautiful outside and still coming down.

darin
12-24-2009, 11:02 AM
gawd...I'm telling you...Mother Nature HATES me. Enjoy it.

Gaffer
12-24-2009, 11:19 AM

You need to stage a big global warming event in your town. That will guarantee a major snow storm.

Kathianne
12-24-2009, 03:44 PM

Hates you? We've got nearly 1/2 in of ice and it's raining cats & dogs. Snow, 5-8" is starting to melt. If. my. basement. floods. I'm. gone. :eek:

Tomorrow, temps drop and all the new water will freeze! The guys are here working, they're all apologetic that they aren't going to finish today. They were willing to come tomorrow! I told them Saturday would be fine. Please, just get me one working sink!

Merry Christmas to all!

BoogyMan
12-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Wow, what a day. We wound up being stuck on highway 287 from 11:30 am today until about an hour ago. All four lanes of 287 are closed due to a 4 truck accident and there was absolutely no emergency response to deal with the thousands of stranded motorists. There are cars stuck on 287 for 28 miles and it is going to be a VERY bad night. My brother and I pushed out vehicle off the highway onto the shoulder and we walked to a site where a friend with a huge 4x4 was able to pick us up and bring us home.

I am a bit soured on the whole white Christmas idea now, but am I safe at home with my family.

What a day. Whew.

SassyLady
12-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Wow, what a day. We wound up being stuck on highway 287 from 11:30 am today until about an hour ago. All four lanes of 287 are closed due to a 4 truck accident and there was absolutely no emergency response to deal with the thousands of stranded motorists. There are cars stuck on 287 for 28 miles and it is going to be a VERY bad night. My brother and I pushed out vehicle off the highway onto the shoulder and we walked to a site where a friend with a huge 4x4 was able to pick us up and bring us home.

I am a bit soured on the whole white Christmas idea now, but am I safe at home with my family.

What a day. Whew.

Glad you made it home safe and sound! You will now have a wild and exciting tale to tell all your children and grandchildren to come..........."remember the 2009 Christmas holidays........what a mess that was and we still made it home"!

Merry Christmas!