PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas Gift

jimnyc
12-24-2009, 09:43 PM
My wife allowed our son to open a few presents and his stocking this evening. I've been wanting an Ipod for years now but it just never happened. Imagine my surprise when my son opens a new Apple Ipod Touch, which is a much revamped version of the original and has internet connectivity and other goodies. I was saddened that the little egghead at 9 years old got an Ipod before I did - at least until my wife gave me MY early gift. It was a rather large box, looked like a sweatshirt, and it was actually in a Gap box when I removed the wrapping. Inside though was a much smaller box with an Ipod nano! 16GB of pure joy for me and my truck! Although it takes pictures and videos, and plays movies of course, I wanted one for so long because I can attach it to my stereo in my truck and never have to worry about the CD player again. I've already copied over 755 songs and only used less than 2GB. That's already the equivalent of 53 CD's!! I'll be filling it over the next few days. Then I just connect it to a cable in my glove compartment. I'll have enough music on there so that when I drive it'll take about a year of listening before I hear the same song twice!! (I don't drive too awfully much)

Happy Festivus to me!! :coffee:

Kathianne
12-24-2009, 10:05 PM
My wife allowed our son to open a few presents and his stocking this evening. I've been wanting an Ipod for years now but it just never happened. Imagine my surprise when my son opens a new Apple Ipod Touch, which is a much revamped version of the original and has internet connectivity and other goodies. I was saddened that the little egghead at 9 years old got an Ipod before I did - at least until my wife gave me MY early gift. It was a rather large box, looked like a sweatshirt, and it was actually in a Gap box when I removed the wrapping. Inside though was a much smaller box with an Ipod nano! 16GB of pure joy for me and my truck! Although it takes pictures and videos, and plays movies of course, I wanted one for so long because I can attach it to my stereo in my truck and never have to worry about the CD player again. I've already copied over 755 songs and only used less than 2GB. That's already the equivalent of 53 CD's!! I'll be filling it over the next few days. Then I just connect it to a cable in my glove compartment. I'll have enough music on there so that when I drive it'll take about a year of listening before I hear the same song twice!! (I don't drive too awfully much)

Happy Festivus to me!! :coffee:
I'm happy for you Jim! Enjoy!

Me? I'm heading to bed, the kids will wake me on return from midnight mass.

Peace all!

hjmick
12-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the 21st century!

I have a 60GB iPod, 2,414 songs, 9.69GB used so far. Plugs right into a jack in the dash of my FJ Cruiser. Couldn't drive without it. You will love it. Put it on shuffle and it's like commercial free radio.

Except for the storage capacity, I would almost prefer a Nano. The reason? Unless I'm mistaken, they use a flash drive where mine uses a mini hard drive. This means you can drop yours without much fear of damage to the functionality of the device. Though I wouldn't advise testing this aspect of the Nano.

Enjoy Jim. They are convenient little buggers.

chloe
12-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm happy for you Jim! Enjoy!

Me? I'm heading to bed, the kids will wake me on return from midnight mass.

Peace all!

goodnight Kathianne sweet dreams

chloe
12-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Jim thats a long time to wait for an ipod, enjoy your gift.

SassyLady
12-25-2009, 02:07 AM
Happy Festivus Jim.............now tell us what your wife's early gift was??

Jeff
12-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Happy Festivus Jim.............now tell us what your wife's early gift was??

I would bet Jim got her something he needed for his computer, LOL

darin
12-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Woot! Geesh - you all do Xmas EARLY! :)

Jeff
12-25-2009, 07:30 AM
I forgot I did get a early Christmas Gift, the wife and Kids got me 2 new Oscars for the fish tank, they are still young but dang talk about eating, LOL, reminds me of dinner with my in laws, LOL