PDA

View Full Version : New Christmas Tradition

SassyLady
12-25-2009, 02:31 AM
I was blessed with a new grandson on 9/30/09 and this is his first Christmas so I came to Tucson to be with him and the other grandkids.

Well, this means we spend Christmas eve with my son-in-laws family and they are a totally mixed bag of people --- from Mexico, Ireland, Romania, America and Canada and I have to tell you that the wine, beer, hot chocolate, and moonshine was flowing freely and so was the political debate.

We had die hard capitalists arguing with confirmed communists and I had soooooooooooo much fun and I must say that my discussions with all of you here helped me wade into the fray with all guns blasting!!!!

A Romanian who stood up and said he couldn't wait for Obama to wipe out capitalism and implement communism got my special attention...............he had an apolexy fit when I said he had better watch out for Palin/Beck in 2012!!! :poke::cheers2:

Anyway..........it was a totally different night for my family. We usually have a nice prime rib, mashed taters, fresh green beans, butternut squash soup, spinach salad with hot bacon and tangerines and egg nog cake...........instead we got tamales, schnitzel, rice, beans, meatballs, deep fried turkey, chicken salad, and every kind of cheese ball and cookie you can think of. Then everyone went off to mass (not me - I got to watch the tamales cook) and then returned to eat more, argue more and open presents. I came back to the house and decided that I would have a glass of nog by myself and get up with the children tomorrow morning to see what Santa brought them while everyone else nurses their hangovers!!:coffee:

I told my daugther that next year we need to have Christmas at Grammy's house and get back to our family's traditions - a little more relaxed and less political debate!!!

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!

Kathianne
12-25-2009, 06:25 AM
You know KP, that actually sounds like fun! LOL! You should turn some of those folks onto this site, we could use some variety! :laugh2:

Merry Christmas and enjoy that new grandchild!