PDA

View Full Version : Got my son a dog for Christmas.......

Trinity
12-25-2009, 09:00 PM
With all Jesse's issues he has going on, and school once again not doing what they said they would do, and then not letting him attend the Christmas party because he was sick.....I have decided to pull him out and home school him again.

However that then leaves him home alone while I am at work. He is very responsible and perfectly capable of staying home alone, but I don't like him being alone all day long while I am gone.....so I thought I would get him a buddy to hang with.

I found a dog on craigslist's, it is a breed I had heard of but knew nothing about so after researching the breed and determining this is exactly the type of dog I am looking for I went and met him and fell in love.

He is 2 years old housebroken, he can sit, shake, jumps up when told, lays down and has the most docile and loving personality I have ever come across in a dog.........and the best part is he is very patient and gentle with Jesse.

The next morning after I got him, I had to work. Jesse was sleeping and I told the dog his job was to watch Jesse and the house. I called to check on Jesse a couple of hours later and asked him what Thor (the dog, you'll see why the name Thor below in the pics) was doing when he got up. He said well when I opened my eyes he was in your bed watching me.....lol I said good that's what I told him to do......

We have had this dog two days and he is so well behaved, and Jesse and Thor have become best buddies.

Oh he is a Great Pyrenees..........here some pics now keep in mind I am about 5'5" tall and weigh about 120lbs.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o310/kami1970/307984564869_0_0-1.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o310/kami1970/307984757125_0_0.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o310/kami1970/307452274181_0_0.jpg

Jeff
12-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Good Luck with the New Dog trinity, and I hope your day was a great one

chloe
12-25-2009, 10:06 PM
he he.... looks like the dog is adopting you as its owner, beautiful dog Trinity, and your pretty Hot Stuff yourself ! Was your son surprized, is this the one who moved to his dad's?

Trinity
12-26-2009, 10:10 AM
he he.... looks like the dog is adopting you as its owner, beautiful dog Trinity, and your pretty Hot Stuff yourself ! Was your son surprized, is this the one who moved to his dad's?

Thank you..... yes he was very surprised his eye's got huge and he said (dramatic voice) that's a HUGE dog he said I'm kinda scared.....lol......and no it was William who moved to his dad's my 13 year old. The youngest one hates his dad, and doesn't want to see him at all. I have never seen a child hate a parent with so much passion. I don't encourage his feelings, but at the same time I am not going to praise his father either.

I actually sometimes kinda feel sorry for his dad, well maybe not it must be the holiday, lol.........

When I went to get William last night my ex said yeah tell Jesse he's lucky I even got him any presents since he doesn't want to come and see me at all. I was like whoa wrong attitude and I told him. I said that is not the way to go about winning Jesse over, if you come at him like that and be demanding with this child and use things against him like you do, he will shut down and you will not get what you want from him, you will just push him further away.

I did give his dad a way in last night but he is going to have to work for it and prove himself to Jesse. I told him if you pressure him at all he will shut down and you will not get any where so you need to re-think the way you interact with this child.

His in is.............. Jesse is dying to go hunting he wants me to buy him full camo, an orange hunting vest, and a 22. Neither my husband or I hunt and neither of us have any desire to but Jesse is dying to go and my ex hunts all the time. I told him if you can adjust the way you deal with this child, you and him may become good hunting buddies. But first Jesse MUST take a hunter safety class and a gun safety class before he ever steps foot into the woods with a gun.

darin
12-26-2009, 10:33 AM
beautiful dog - nice ink, too! :)

chloe
12-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Trinity that was nice of you to smooth things over between your son and ex husband. I try to do that too. I went to my ex in laws last night and there were people there that I didn't know was going to be there. Right after dinner I got really sick, so sick I went home ill and slept mostly all day and night today. Thank goodness for nyquill. Anyway my point was that its hard around the holidays with ex's or even with relaitves you only see during those times eh? You made it a nice thing smoothing things over with the ex and your son, and you got a beautiful dog and made the holiday enjoyable. Now it's time to ring in the New Year woo hoo.....so does you hubby's rock band have a gig?

-Cp
12-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Where's the dog? Can't see it.. .

Gaffer
12-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Where's the dog? Can't see it.. .

It's a magical dog. You must first renounce your evil ways in order to see it. :poke: