PDA

View Full Version : She hears Al Bore speaking to her in her head...

stephanie
04-20-2007, 12:18 AM
:eek:
Nicole Brodeur has been a Metro columnist at The Seattle Times since 1999. A New Jersey native, Brodeur has written for newspapers in California and North Carolina, and spent the best years of her life waitressing. She lives in Seattle with her 14-year-old son, needs to walk more, take the bus, stop microwaving tea water and consider turning her second car into a composting container.

April 14, 2007

That little voice in my head? That's Al Gore

Posted by Nicole Brodeur at 11:37 AM

Hi, my name is Nicole and I am destroying the planet.

I have two cars, often drive alone, haphazardly sort my trash, receive too many of my statements on paper and, worse, know full well I am not doing enough. How can any of us NOT know? Every day, we're reminded of what's at stake: That layer of something hanging around Mount Rainier. The hot stench of traffic. The snow that never lasts very long.

That little voice in my head? That's Al Gore.

We buy containers for our recycling, for our compost, but that's also part of the problem: We still buy, buy, buy. We consume. We waste. We don't pause to think of the ripple effect our actions have not only on the near future, but the lives of the others we're trying to build.

I don't want to be one of those people any more. I want to be an every-little-bit-counts person. Day by day, week by week, I am going to try to change the way I use this planet, in the hope of adding more days to those who come after me.

What is the rule for those who climb the mountains we so love? Leave no trace. I'd like to live every day that way. And if I leave anything, it's green.
http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sinsofemissions/
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/gorespray.gif

:laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Exactly. This has been laying here for a week or two. NO RESPONSE!!!!!!!

Let me give it a rebirth, staphy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it important or is it just the voices in your head that caused you to post it in the first place?