PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes

Joyful HoneyBee
12-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Christmas Day we went to see Sherlock Holmes. I won't give away any of the plot because I just never do that, but, I do recommend the movie and especially encourage long time Sherlock Holmes fans to see it. :clap:

Perhaps later Emmett will give the movie a more extensive review.

red states rule
12-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Christmas Day we went to see Sherlock Holmes. I won't give away any of the plot because I just never do that, but, I do recommend the movie and especially encourage long time Sherlock Holmes fans to see it. :clap:

My girlfriend saw the film yesterday - and we were not impressed with it. Good actors, but it was kind of flat

Joyful HoneyBee
12-27-2009, 09:51 AM
My girlfriend saw the film yesterday - and we were not impressed with it. Good actors, but it was kind of flat

I will admit that at first the premise left me wanting to just leave the theater, but later, when all the loose ends were tied up and it wasn't what it had appeared to be, I was rather impressed that they didn't leave any loose ends untied.

Insein
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I guess I can go in with my mind off and let it fly. I still think of sherlock holmes as more of a thought provoking piece as opposed to an action packed brawler. I'll probably see it.

Binky
01-01-2010, 06:11 PM

I love Holmes but will wait for the video instead.....The ad for it looked very good...

Shadow
01-30-2010, 03:38 AM
I liked this movie,the storyline was entertaining and it was very appealing visually. I haven't really seen Jude Law in a lot of things,but I liked him in this role.. it seemed to suit him (Watson). Robert Downey Jr did a nice job as Sherlock Holmes as well though.

Trigg
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I liked this movie,the storyline was entertaining and it was very appealing visually. I haven't really seen Jude Law in a lot of things,but I liked him in this role.. it seemed to suit him (Watson). Robert Downey Jr did a nice job as Sherlock Holmes as well though.

I agree, thought it was a good movie. They had good chemistry

Shadow
02-02-2010, 09:32 AM
^^ Yes they did. Another thing that I liked about the movie was the music. There was a particular fight scene that had some great fiddle music playing along with it that I liked quite a bit. A friend of mine bought the soundtrack..I may have to borrow it from her.

Insein
05-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Long time off but I finally rented it. I enjoyed it alot. I thought it was going to be a shoot em up, Guy ritchie flick but I was pleasantly suprised. It was Sherlock Holmes the way he would have been realisticly portrayed. We have a man who was smarter than everyone at the time who undoubtedly would rub people the wrong way with a seemingly arrogant attitude. RDJr played the part well and Jude Law made a convincing Watson.

SO definitely worth a look for those looking to rent. Hoepfully there is a sequal.

actsnoblemartin
05-11-2010, 07:58 PM
im sorry to disagree, but I thought the movie was total crap. :laugh2: