PDA

View Full Version : Islam Is Bilingualism On Steroids

Kathianne
12-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Interesting discussion on NR:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YTQzMzc0ZGRlMDQzOWZkMDU2YzIyZWU1YzJkYTE2YjM=

...Islam is bilingualism on steroids. When the community reaches the size it's now at in Yorkshire or Malmo or Rotterdam, it has the ability to self-segregate and you wind up on the road to "two solitudes", parallel societies. (That partially explains the second- and third-generation disassimilation Derb references.) For example, we think of Amsterdam-to-Detroit as a flight between two western cities. But if you're Muslim it's a flight between two outlying provinces of the dar al Islam - the fast Islamifying Amsterdam and Dearborn, Michigan.

As I said, if you happen to find yourself in a bilingual society (which, as in Canada, is really two unilingual societies), you make the best of it. But I cannot see why any society would choose to become bilingual. Likewise, if you're in Nigeria or southern Thailand or Kashmir, you make the best of it. But I can't understand why any society would lightly volunteer to become semi-Muslim - which is what in effect Britain, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany et al have done. And, once you've done so, like Derb says, what's the answer?

Noir
12-29-2009, 08:13 AM
What's interesting about it?
If they are saying that it is wrong for us to allow Islam into our country, then are they postulating a crack down on free thought and religious belief?I have been attacked enough on this site for daring to suggest that parents should not have the right to force their religion upon there children, and yet here is a post that implies the Goverment should be stopping adults from chosing their own religion?

Kathianne
12-29-2009, 08:15 AM
If they are saying that it is wrong for us to allow Islam into our country, then are they postulating a crack down on free thought and religious belief?I have been attacked enough on this site for daring to suggest that parents should not have the right to force their religion upon there children, and yet here is a post that implies the Goverment should be stopping adults from chosing their own religion?

I would suggest you not bother reading it. There is nothing suggesting about choice of religion, rather different. I'd rather you didn't change the topic, but for certain you are welcome to start another post on your favorite topic.

The Romans created their empire by insisting on Latin, though they thoughtfully let the conquered speak their own.

Nukeman
12-29-2009, 08:32 AM
It is not a matter of choosing ones religion. Islam is NOT just a religion it is a way of life (religious, economic, social, etc... etc...) this is where most get confused with Islam. It is a TOTAL way of life and you can not have two distinct cultures trying to take control of an area and its people. One has to take a lead to maintain order and keep balance for other communities.

What is happening in these area's is that Islam is taking over every aspect of the society and alienating and excluding the other cultures. Here you have countries that ALLOW another culture (Islam) to come and freely practice in thier respective countries only to be shut out when the Islamist become the larger number and than they do not allow the same curtesy of freedom!!! how can one justify that in any way??????????:poke:

Noir
12-29-2009, 08:41 AM
I would suggest you not bother reading it. There is nothing suggesting about choice of religion, rather different. I'd rather you didn't change the topic, but for certain you are welcome to start another post on your favorite topic.

Ok, well I read it as 'we are letting ourselves become semi-muslim countries, and that is bad, and thus Must be stopped, but ofcourse it could only be stopped by the banning of a religion, maybes I'm just Reading it wrong though.

The Romans created their empire by insisting on Latin, though they thoughtfully let the conquered speak their own.

So now Muslims are conquering Britain?

Kathianne
12-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Ok, well I read it as 'we are letting ourselves become semi-muslim countries, and that is bad, and thus Must be stopped, but ofcourse it could only be stopped by the banning of a religion, maybes I'm just Reading it wrong though.

So now Muslims are conquering Britain?

Noir, I'm not going to 'fight' about religion with you.

Noir
12-29-2009, 08:47 AM
It is not a matter of choosing ones religion. Islam is NOT just a religion it is a way of life (religious, economic, social, etc... etc...) this is where most get confused with Islam. It is a TOTAL way of life and you can not have two distinct cultures trying to take control of an area and its people. One has to take a lead to maintain order and keep balance for other communities.

Every religion is a way of life, Christain, Islam, Buddhist, they all have their own social standing ect,

What is happening in these area's is that Islam is taking over every aspect of the society and alienating and excluding the other cultures. Here you have countries that ALLOW another culture (Islam) to come and freely practice in thier respective countries only to be shut out when the Islamist become the larger number and than they do not allow the same curtesy of freedom!!! how can one justify that in any way??????????:poke:

I can certainly not justify it, and nor should anyone, if only we could have a world without religion, alas that shall more than lilly just remain a dream. But back on topic, what would you have done Nuke? You say it's wrong that Islam ban certain religions in their countries, which it is, but you can not stop people chosing their own religion, and if the Majority are Islamic then you get what religion gives you.
Unless you would say that Islam should become a banned religion, which would be ironic to say the least.

Noir
12-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Noir, I'm not going to 'fight' about religion with you.

?
Have I missed the point of the OP completly?
Why don't you give an overview of what you find so interesting about it, cus I'm clearly missing it...

Kathianne
12-29-2009, 08:54 AM
The point Steyn was making was that when there are distinct languages, the commonality of culture is impossible to create. You have parallel cultures, without understanding of each other.

Canada is a good example, for how many years has Ontario tried to break off? Hell the European Union is an attempt to bridge the differences of so many different cultures, sharing a landmass.

The point brought up about Pakistanis flocking to England in 60's, meeting with the normal British dislike of foreigners and setting up a subculture that is now fortified with many more 'Asians' as is the British wont of calling them, has created many of the problems of today.

This isn't about religion, not at all, it's about culture and the elements that create culture.

Noir
12-29-2009, 09:02 AM
The point Steyn was making was that when there are distinct languages, the commonality of culture is impossible to create. You have parallel cultures, without understanding of each other.

Canada is a good example, for how many years has Ontario tried to break off? Hell the European Union is an attempt to bridge the differences of so many different cultures, sharing a landmass.

The point brought up about Pakistanis flocking to England in 60's, meeting with the normal British dislike of foreigners and setting up a subculture that is now fortified with many more 'Asians' as is the British wont of calling them, has created many of the problems of today.

This isn't about religion, not at all, it's about culture and the elements that create culture.

Righto, well sorry fir assuming it was about religion, but when the first wore of a topic is 'Islam' and the OP goes on to discuss 'islamification' it's reasonable to assume it's about religion,

Problems of today with Paki's? Well you obviously know something that I don't,

Monkeybone
12-29-2009, 09:08 AM
But religion makes culture. Or at least makes differences that can seperate people.

Gaffer
12-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Noir, islam is not a religion, it is a culture. You can sit quietly in your university and ignore the storm that's coming, and eventually you will be living in a country where you and your beliefs are not tolerated. Most of europe is experiencing soft jihad. The people migrating there are not doing so to escape their countries or for a better life. They are encouraged by their cult leaders to do so. Using population and majority rule to conquer the west.

They will not be assimilated. But they will continue to grow in numbers. islam is about world domination. Not religion.

In today's society terror attacks make the libs want to be even more accepting of muslim immigrants, as they want to show their tolerance. Again it plays into the hands of the muslims. The UK is no different in that respect.

islam has been at war with the rest of the world since it's inception. Nothing has changed except the tactics used. Change the game, change the rules, but the goal remains the same, world domination.

Noir
12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Noir, islam is not a religion, it is a culture. You can sit quietly in your university and ignore the storm that's coming, and eventually you will be living in a country where you and your beliefs are not tolerated. Most of europe is experiencing soft jihad. The people migrating there are not doing so to escape their countries or for a better life. They are encouraged by their cult leaders to do so. Using population and majority rule to conquer the west.

They will not be assimilated. But they will continue to grow in numbers. islam is about world domination. Not religion.

In today's society terror attacks make the libs want to be even more accepting of muslim immigrants, as they want to show their tolerance. Again it plays into the hands of the muslims. The UK is no different in that respect.

islam has been at war with the rest of the world since it's inception. Nothing has changed except the tactics used. Change the game, change the rules, but the goal remains the same, world domination.

Islam is a religion, as is Christainity, as is Hinduism ect ect, if you where to ask the leaders off all of the relgiona on earth they would say that an ideal world would be a world with only one religion, theirs ofcourse.

You all seem set on providing problems, but no solutions. People must have the free right to chose to live how they want, be that Muslim, Christian, Athiest ect ect, so how would you propose stopping the spread of a faith, without resorting, ironicly, to the same tatics as that of the faith which you despise?

Gaffer
12-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Islam is a religion, as is Christainity, as is Hinduism ect ect, if you where to ask the leaders off all of the relgiona on earth they would say that an ideal world would be a world with only one religion, theirs ofcourse.

You all seem set on providing problems, but no solutions. People must have the free right to chose to live how they want, be that Muslim, Christian, Athiest ect ect, so how would you propose stopping the spread of a faith, without resorting, ironicly, to the same tatics as that of the faith which you despise?

You, young man, are one of the best jihadists islam has got. It's a culture disguised as a religion. By the time you 40 you will be living under it. Just continue to keep your eyes closed and be tolerant.

Noir
12-29-2009, 11:49 AM
You, young man, are one of the best jihadists islam has got. It's a culture disguised as a religion. By the time you 40 you will be living under it. Just continue to keep your eyes closed and be tolerant.

Well I am asking you for a soloution, and you have thus far offered none. Do you have one? And if so why not share?

Kathianne
12-29-2009, 11:52 AM

You just want to derail and turn this into your favorite topic flavor.

While the Brits certainly were rude, unwelcoming, and discriminating towards those early Pakistanis, they still were free to practice their religion. Same with other minorities, here or in UK or "The West" if you will. Doesn't mean always treated fairly, but not killed for what they believe.

There's a difference when they become sizable minority or majority-think about those young folks in your ghettos or in France or in Netherlands. Think Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. While there will likely always be people that are unwilling to embrace differences, 99.9% of them don't go around physically assaulting others. They might wish, silently or aloud, that they could exist in their own xenophobic world, but again, keep behavior within the law.

Not so much so for Islamicists, which doesn't mean all Muslims.

Now could you please either drop off this thread or discuss the premise?

Gaffer
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Well I am asking you for a soloution, and you have thus far offered none. Do you have one? And if so why not share?

It's NOT a religion. And I do have a solution. Stop all immigration from muslim countries. Anyone that becomes a citizen must learn the language of the country they settle in. Failure to do so means deportation. They live strictly by the laws of the country they settle in. They MUST assimilate. They leave the culture they left behind and become part of the new one. No groups or organizations sponsored and financed by other countries.

If these were applied in just the UK alone you would see mass deportations.