PDA

View Full Version : al Qaeda Leaders Behind Terror Plot Were Released by U.S.

red states rule
12-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Looks like art classes are not all that therapeutic after all. Why should any of these bastards ever be released?

Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November, 2007, according to American officials and Department of Defense documents. Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the Northwest bombing in a Monday statement that vowed more attacks on Americans.

American officials agreed to send the two terrorists from Guantanamo to Saudi Arabia where they entered into an "art therapy rehabilitation program" and were set free, according to U.S. and Saudi officials.

Guantanamo prisoner #333, Muhamad Attik al-Harbi, and prisoner #372, Said Ali Shari, were sent to Saudi Arabia on Nov. 9, 2007, according to the Defense Department log of detainees who were released from American custody. Al-Harbi has since changed his name to Muhamad al-Awfi.

Both Saudi nationals have since emerged in leadership roles in Yemen, according to U.S. officials and the men's own statements on al Qaeda propaganda tapes.

Both of the former Guantanamo detainees are described as military commanders and appear on a January, 2009 video along with the man described as the top leader of al Qaeda in Yemen, Abu Basir Naser al-Wahishi, formerly Osama bin Laden's personal secretary.

In its Monday statement claiming responsibility for the Northwest bombing, Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula called bombing suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab a "hero" and a "martyr" and lauded him for beating U.S. intelligence.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/men-believed-northwest-airlines-plot-set-free/story?id=9434065

Kathianne
12-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Saw this on another site:

....Our intelligence community knew something was going to happen. They were aware of what was going on in Yemen and were aware that airliners would be used in an attack.

Let's look at the clues released to the media.
26 September 2009. Yemeni Alla Ali Bin Ali Ahmed sent back to Yemen from Gitmo.
10 December 2009. TSA Airport security manual reported compromised.
17 December 2009. Cruise missile strike on Yemeni Al Qaeda terrorist training camps.
25 December 2009. Terrorist attack on U.S. bound flight by Al Qaeda member trained in Yemen....

red states rule
12-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Saw this on another site:

....Our intelligence community knew something was going to happen. They were aware of what was going on in Yemen and were aware that airliners would be used in an attack.

Let's look at the clues released to the media.
26 September 2009. Yemeni Alla Ali Bin Ali Ahmed sent back to Yemen from Gitmo.
10 December 2009. TSA Airport security manual reported compromised.
17 December 2009. Cruise missile strike on Yemeni Al Qaeda terrorist training camps.
25 December 2009. Terrorist attack on U.S. bound flight by Al Qaeda member trained in Yemen....

Yet Obama's PR staff at ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and MSNBC are "reporting" there were "no dots to connect"

Yet Dems have been consistent on one thing

145 House Democrats to Bush: Close Guantanamo Bay now

Michael Roston
Published: Friday June 29, 2007

In a letter delivered Friday morning, 145 Democrats led by Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA) called on President George W. Bush to immediately close the detention facility for alleged terrorists at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba. The letter, which was also signed by one Republican (Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina), also seeks a restoration of the habeas corpus rights of the detainees at the jail. While the letter showed the strong support in the House Democratic caucus for the shuttering of the facility, reminders emerged that some Congress members could face domestic political risks from the potential closure of the prison.

"Guantanamo Bay has a become a liability in the broader global war on terror, as allegations of torture, the indefinite detention of innocent men, and international objections to the treatment of enemy combatants has hurt our credibility as the beacon for freedom and justice. Its continued operation also threatens the safety of U.S. citizens and military personnel detained abroad," said the letter delivered to the President today and provided to RAW STORY. "The closure of the detention facilities at Guantanamo Bay would represent a positive first step toward restoring our international reputation as the leader of democracy and individual rights."

The letter was prepared by Rep. Moran, who sits on the Defense Appropriations subcommittee and was tasked this year by Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) with devising a plan to close the base.

In a statement provided by his office, Moran proposes sending the detainees to military jails in the United States.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/145_House_Democrats_to_Bush__0629.html

red states rule
12-30-2009, 09:49 AM
http://media.washingtontimes.com/media/img/photos/2009/12/29/ECTerrorObamaResponseUFSCOLOR_t756.jpg?362c89b9f42 98c1f7d888d4fceb46698f5dfcc26

Jeff
12-30-2009, 10:34 AM
I watched this on TV last night , CNN to be exact, seems the father went to the CIA and warned them about his son, this was in print on the bottom of the screen as Obama explained how they get 1000's of warnings, funny thing though, again in small print as the messiah spoke, it stated Britain did take the threat serious, Wow I feel so much safer with the messiah in office:eek:

red states rule
12-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I watched this on TV last night , CNN to be exact, seems the father went to the CIA and warned them about his son, this was in print on the bottom of the screen as Obama explained how they get 1000's of warnings, funny thing though, again in small print as the messiah spoke, it stated Britain did take the threat serious, Wow I feel so much safer with the messiah in office:eek:

I saw the same thing Jeff, and Obama seemed to be more angry at the CIA then the terrorist bastards that tried to kill hundreds of innocent people

I still believe Obama thinks we are NOT at war - and this is a legal issue that must be resolved by the Federal courts

Jeff
12-30-2009, 10:43 AM
I saw the same thing Jeff, and Obama seemed to be more angry at the CIA then the terrorist bastards that tried to kill hundreds of innocent people

I still believe Obama thinks we are NOT at war - and this is a legal issue that must be resolved by the Federal courts

I believe Obama is on the wrong side, he is trying to drop this country from the inside out, and might I add is doing a wonderful job at it

red states rule
12-30-2009, 10:47 AM
I believe Obama is on the wrong side, he is trying to drop this country from the inside out, and might I add is doing a wonderful job at it

VP Cheney sumed it up perfectly

Former Vice President Dick Cheney accused President Barack Obama on Tuesday of “trying to pretend we are not at war” with terrorists, pointing to the White House response to the attempted sky bombing as reflecting a pattern that includes banishing the term “war on terror” and attempting to close the Guantanamo Bay detention center.

“We are at war and when President Obama pretends we aren’t, it makes us less safe,” Cheney said in a statement to POLITICO. “Why doesn’t he want to admit we’re at war? It doesn’t fit with the view of the world he brought with him to the Oval Office. It doesn’t fit with what seems to be the goal of his presidency – social transformation—the restructuring of American society.”

Cheney was joining a chorus of Republicans who have criticized Obama following the Christmas Day attack, in which a Nigerian suspect is accused of trying to blow up a loaded airliner with a bomb stitched into his underwear.

A senior Democrat said in response: “It’s telling that in attacking the president and the administration, that Vice President Cheney did not condemn the attack against our nation on Christmas Day.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/31054.html

Jeff
12-30-2009, 11:21 AM
VP Cheney sumed it up perfectly

Obama knows we are at war, he just knows he is on the side that has placed the enemy in power over us, He proves this over and over

HogTrash
12-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Looks like art classes are not all that therapeutic after all. Why should any of these bastards ever be released?Hmmm?.....Maybe we should have tried midnight basketball? :slap: