PDA

View Full Version : Yemen warns of more attacks

namvet
12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Hundreds of Al Qaeda militants are planning terror attacks from Yemen, the country's foreign minister said Tuesday.

Abu Bakr al-Qirbi appealed for more help from the international community to help train and equip counter-terrorist forces.

His plea came after an Al Qaeda group based in Yemen claimed responsibility for the failed Christmas Day airliner bomb plot.

source (source)

I stated this terrorist was one of many. now the warnings are issued. will Osama sit up and take notice here or is it back to the golf course and extravagant dinners???

Jeff
12-29-2009, 01:14 PM
source (source)

I stated this terrorist was one of many. now the warnings are issued. will Osama sit up and take notice here or is it back to the golf course and extravagant dinners???

I guess it is time to see Mr Nobel peace prize winner in action

He will talk with them, best action he can think of

Kathianne
12-29-2009, 01:19 PM
source (source)

Don't you mean, alleged terrorist? That's what our president, the lawyer-in-chief referred to him as. ;)

Monkeybone
12-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Weren't the guys who attacked the Cole from Yemen?

even if they weren't, why were we not taking care of these people when they first started to attack us? We just gave them time to dig in and become more expansive than we could even think of. Low tech crazies showing the all powerful technological US what's up.

Kathianne
12-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Weren't the guys who attacked the Cole from Yemen?

even if they weren't, why were we not taking care of these people when they first started to attack us? We just gave them time to dig in and become more expansive than we could even think of. Low tech crazies showing the all powerful technological US what's up.

Perhaps they'll rethink this? Nah!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/12/obama-administration-transfers-12-detainees-to-yemen-afghanistan-somaliland.html

Obama Administration Transfers 12 Detainees to Yemen, Afghanistan, Somaliland
December 20, 2009 10:29 AM

Over the weekend six Yemeni detainees, Jamal Muhammad Alawi Mari, Farouq Ali Ahmed,Ayman Saeed Abdullah Batarfi, Muhammaed Yasir Ahmed Taher, Fayad Yahya Ahmed al Rami and Riyad Atiq Ali Abdu al Haf, were transferred to the government of Yemen.

Detainees Abdul Hafiz, Sharifullah, Mohamed Rahim and Mohammed Hashim, were transferred into the custody of the government of Afghanistan.

Two Somali detainees, Mohammed Soliman Barre and Ismael Arale, were transferred to regional authorities in Somaliland...

Monkeybone
12-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Perhaps they'll rethink this? Nah!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/12/obama-administration-transfers-12-detainees-to-yemen-afghanistan-somaliland.html

oh yah... because the Gov is really gonna take care of them? Look at the Lockerbie guy. he is a hero.