PDA

View Full Version : "Acting White" Gets $$$$

Kathianne
12-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Pretty weird case, 2 black students get settlement from school district for failing to protect them from fellow black students that harassed them for 'acting white.'

http://www.dolanmedia.com/view.cfm?recID=552049

Subject: Williamsburg County schools settle with students over same-race discrimination
Pub: South Carolina Lawyers Weekly
Author: Fred Horlbeck
Category:
Sub-Category:
Issue Date: 12/28/2009 Word Count: 80

Williamsburg County schools settle with students over same-race discrimination
by Fred Horlbeck
Dolan Media Newswires

COLUMBIA, SC -- Two Williamsburg County students and members of their family have reached a $150,000 settlement in what may be the first Title VI lawsuit based on claims of intra-racial discrimination in South Carolina public schools.

Lawrence "Larry" Kobrovsky, a Charleston attorney who focuses his practice on constitutional law and school issues, said the parties settled after a female student's claims of sexual and racial harassment at a Salters school went to trial in U.S. District Court in Florence....

Monkeybone
12-30-2009, 09:56 AM
that is ridiculous. Too bad it won't be a wake up call to the rest of them. You want a better life and not to be looked at like a thug? Make something of yourself by "selling out" and "acting white". It is sad that sucess among them is looked down on unless it is in sports or music.

Jeff
12-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Wow another bogus law suit, having lived in SC I have to wonder if the whited will no be receiving compensation for acts of racism against them? And before ya ask, the blacks are very well protected

But in all honesty racism is not as bad in SC as it is say in the N.E., they just take it much more serious in SC, So it is hard for me to believe any one should be receiving money cause they want to act smart :laugh2:

This is just another way for a lawyer to get a family some money, part of the downfall of the country, I guess if they had lost the law suite then Obama would of said they were acting stupidly , This will open up all kind of new law suits, wonder if the Wiggers ( whites acting black ) will now be able to collect money for being harassed, sure hope not I am guilty of that myself, My kids come down from SC with there pants below there ass and I throw them away, I bet that is a crime now :laugh2:

HogTrash
12-30-2009, 11:11 AM
It's not "acting white".

It's acting like they have some sense.

I agree with the ruling on this nonfrivolous lawsuit.

12-30-2009, 11:31 PM
How come being civilized people and following the law is "acting white"? How exactly are we the racists when we want all people to be treated equally while they act like all blacks/minorities have to be criminals or they are "acting white"?