PDA

View Full Version : This is current for me!!!!!! What about the reps?

Psychoblues
04-20-2007, 04:51 AM
Is there a thread or a policy that descibes the "rep" policy? Or do you implement as you go along?

Seriously. I am not a perpetual poster but I do like to have the ability to rep as I se fit whether positive or negative. What the hell does any limit on my account for any 24 hour period accomplish?

I know damn well I have been neg repped 3 times by the same person within 20 minutes. I choose to more appropriately and ultimately meaningfully assign my reps.

Fair is fair. Where are the rules? I promise to abide them and I promise to insist on the adherence of them by ALL and not just me.

Give us a heads up on the policy, jimnyc.

Nuc
04-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Here's the rep policy: People who constantly make posts about themselves get bad rep and people who talk about the issues get good rep. :fu: :pee: :finger3:

Gunny
04-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Is there a thread or a policy that descibes the "rep" policy? Or do you implement as you go along?

Seriously. I am not a perpetual poster but I do like to have the ability to rep as I se fit whether positive or negative. What the hell does any limit on my account for any 24 hour period accomplish?

I know damn well I have been neg repped 3 times by the same person within 20 minutes. I choose to more appropriately and ultimately meaningfully assign my reps.

Fair is fair. Where are the rules? I promise to abide them and I promise to insist on the adherence of them by ALL and not just me.

It isn't a matter of rules. It's a matter of controls. You can give out only so much rep in 24 hours. Pretty simple.

I realize this is new for you since it's the first time in the years I've known you that you actually have positive rep, but if the burden of responsibility is more than you can bear, we can "fix" that for you.

shattered
04-20-2007, 07:08 AM

If you weren't a fucking putz 3 times in the last 20 mins, you probably wouldn't have been neg-repped 3 times in the last 20 mins. And, whomever repped your 3 times in 20 min must have more power than the rest of us, because we can only get 2 in to the same person before the 24hr thing pops up.

Seriously, try not going from thread to thread and being the biggest ass you can be.

Psychoblues
04-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Based on the replies so far I assume there is no rep policy written and it is a rather "we make the rules as we go along" affair." I just thought I would ask.

gabosaurus
04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
You actually care about the reps? :laugh2:

I have about 70 "new reputation comments" that I have never looked at. I figure if people want to take slaps at me, they can do so as part of a thread. Like they normally do. :laugh2:

I give you negative reps -- for caring about reps on a conservative board. :slap:

manu1959
04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Based on the replies so far I assume there is no rep policy written and it is a rather "we make the rules as we go along" affair." I just thought I would ask.

i believe it was recently change to more a more restrictive set of numbers....i think you are allowed 15 reps in a 24 hour period and you must rep 8 other people before you can rep the same person again....

shattered
04-22-2007, 09:50 PM

I have about 70 "new reputation comments" that I have never looked at. I figure if people want to take slaps at me, they can do so as part of a thread. Like they normally do. :laugh2:

I give you negative reps -- for caring about reps on a conservative board. :slap:

Newsflash - You can't give him negative rep. Or positive.

Psychoblues
04-22-2007, 09:52 PM
I am no putz, I don't think, as you mean it, shattered.

If you weren't a fucking putz 3 times in the last 20 mins, you probably wouldn't have been neg-repped 3 times in the last 20 mins. And, whomever repped your 3 times in 20 min must have more power than the rest of us, because we can only get 2 in to the same person before the 24hr thing pops up.

Seriously, try not going from thread to thread and being the biggest ass you can be.

Seriously, it happened to me and I resent the fact that I could not return the abuse of the system and I consider it a complete abuse ofthe system for the incident to have occured.

Even though I owe you a few neg reps, I', gonna pos rep you instead.

Howsa bout that?

shattered
04-22-2007, 09:55 PM
I am no putz, I don't think, as you mean it, shattered.

Seriously, it happened to me and I resent the fact that I could not return the abuse of the system and I consider it a complete abuse ofthe system for the incident to have occured.

Even though I owe you a few neg reps, I', gonna pos rep you instead.

Howsa bout that?

Too late. I pos-repped you first.

gabosaurus
04-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Newsflash - You can't give him negative rep. Or positive.

So you have to be among the chosen few to issue reps? Is there a Board Messiah that grants people to right to rep others?
No one expects the Debate Policy Inquisition! Psychoblues, grab the Comfy Chair and Soft Cushions!

EDIT: Psychoblues, is so far in the green, he might as well be a Republican by now.

shattered
04-22-2007, 09:59 PM
So you have to be among the chosen few to issue reps? Is there a Board Messiah that grants people to right to rep others?
No one expects the Debate Policy Inquisition! Psychoblues, grab the Comfy Chair and Soft Cushions!

Yes. You have to be among the chosen few that has rep power. In order to get rep power, you must have positive rep. Not be well on your way to "goat sucker" status.

gabosaurus
04-22-2007, 10:09 PM
To get positive rep, you need to burrow into the short and curlies of those who own the majority point of view on this board.
I come here to make people think, not to try to get people to agree with me. If you look at how many people have disagreed with me, obviously I am succeeding.

shattered
04-22-2007, 10:13 PM
To get positive rep, you need to burrow into the short and curlies of those who own the majority point of view on this board.
I come here to make people think, not to try to get people to agree with me. If you look at how many people have disagreed with me, obviously I am succeeding.

Or, you're just spouting off crap they've already heard and debunked.. There are plenty of other libs here with far more positive rep than Psycho has.. What do you have to say about their burrowing skills?

Gunny
04-22-2007, 10:14 PM

Getting postive rep and breaking the + side of zero are two different things. You have no rep power as long as that rep total has a - in front of it.

Trolling threads and making smartass comments hardly makes anyone think about anything but the fact you're a troll.;)

shattered
04-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Getting postive rep and breaking the + side of zero are two different things. You have no rep power as long as that rep total has a - in front of it.

Trolling threads and making smartass comments hardly makes anyone think about anything but the fact you're a troll.;)

Hey, now.. Smartass comments are how I got a good majority of my points.. :)

Gunny
04-22-2007, 10:22 PM
???

manu1959
04-22-2007, 10:24 PM
???

smartass comments is pretty much how i got all my points....

shattered
04-22-2007, 10:24 PM
I can make you really cranky, really quick, you know..so you should be nice to me. :)

Gunny
04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
I can make you really cranky, really quick, you know..so you should be nice to me. :)

Nah ... :laugh2:

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't know how I got all my reps.

Psychoblues
A soft, sweet pink pussy is nice. Toxic is for real, shattered.

:salute:

shattered
Nah ... :laugh2:

Nah, I can't make you cranky? I beg to differ...

shattered

Excuse me?

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 10:28 PM
lol, fight, fight, fight.

loosecannon
04-22-2007, 10:29 PM

Reps are a popularity contest, nothing more.

Neg rep points mean you are winning the arguments, while positive rep points mena you are winning the popularity contest.

Our president has 200,000,000 neg rep points.

Gunny
04-22-2007, 10:29 PM

:rolleyes:

Psychoblues
04-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Until you understand the consequense of losing and winning, lc, you may never understand a genuine political position.

Reps are a popularity contest, nothing more.

Neg rep points mean you are winning the arguments, while positive rep points mena you are winning the popularity contest.

Our president has 200,000,000 neg rep points.

You, like me, never aspired winning any popularity contest. Most of the jerks that wear out the rep buttons on this board are very much into it. I hate it, but it's only a political thing and a very shallow minded thing at that, don't you know?

loosecannon
04-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Until you understand the consequense of losing and winning, lc, you may never understand a genuine political position.

You, like me, never aspired winning any popularity contest. Most of the jerks that wear out the rep buttons on this board are very much into it. I hate it, but it's only a political thing and a very shallow minded thing at that, don't you know?

Psych, I make freinds in real life. I debate with ghosts and ideas over the i net. And i learn a little something from all of the ghosts and ideas.

I couldn't care less if they all like me.

I care whether I like their brains and ideas.

Psychoblues
04-22-2007, 11:17 PM
I got it and still get it, lc.

Psych, I make freinds in real life. I debate with ghosts and ideas over the i net. And i learn a little something from all of the ghosts and ideas.

I couldn't care less if they all like me.

I care whether I like their brains and ideas.

But, at some point you need to understand that even the "i net" is not so much a ghost but a living and breathing source and avenue of information dissemination and political examination at least in this particular venue. I have grown to understand that even though I still like to really piss down the backs of the truly most politically backward voting population that tends to reside in this otherwise most excellent place to vocalize and verbalize differing perspectives on political issues that their perspectives are valuable to my own political and American ambitions.

loosecannon
04-22-2007, 11:42 PM
that their perspectives are valuable to my own political and American ambitions.

There are boards where you can watch Karl Rove's talking points being hatched before Karl ever hears about them. SMART boards with super intelligent posters.

It isn't like your garden variety RW board can't teach you anything. It can. Even the stupidest people have moments of brilliance and almost everybody is a master at something.

But that is all ideas and brains.

political ambitions: I hate politics.

I long for the day when i never waste a moment of my life caring about politics and it's criminal class.

But our nation is being destroyed by crooked politicians.

THAT is why I am here.

Psychoblues
04-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Did I mention bubbly wet, feverishly hot and smelling like roses in the springtime?

Excuse me?

You're excused.

Pale Rider
04-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Did I mention bubbly wet, feverishly hot and smelling like roses in the springtime?

You're excused.

Mmm...b,bye.

LiberalNation
04-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Oooo he got banned.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-23-2007, 06:50 AM

Wow....you hit me with what was supposed to be negative rep, and I got extra positive credit....that is cool...should encourage you to waste more time thinking about what other's impressions are of you......

Like I said, "it is not on your permanent record, so who gives a crap?"

jimnyc
04-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Oooo he got banned.

A 24hr ban was given for the comments here, as well as his response to Darin in a PM.

jimnyc
04-23-2007, 08:32 AM

I'll see if I can have a page drawn up outlining how the system works, and what the current attributes are.

The limitations are set to keep people from abusing the system. You can only rep so many times in a day, as well as only rep a certain poster so many times.

Let me see what I can make up to give members a reference page regarding the rep system.

gabosaurus
04-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I forgot that, with some people, anyone who doesn't agree with their way of thinking is a "troll."
Also, I have found that those who make the most derogatory comments about women are those who have the least contact with them. Those with stable, caring relationships tend to respect women, not make stupid reports.
For further details, look under "Bobbitt, Lorena" :laugh2:

darin
04-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I forgot that, with some people, anyone who doesn't agree with their way of thinking is a "troll."
Also, I have found that those who make the most derogatory comments about women are those who have the least contact with them. Those with stable, caring relationships tend to respect women, not make stupid reports.
For further details, look under "Bobbitt, Lorena" :laugh2:

Not even close. People are trolls when their only expressed or demonstrated purpose is to shit-stir.

If the shoe fits...

Said1
04-23-2007, 05:38 PM

:lol:

Psychoblues
04-24-2007, 03:18 AM
x

Roomy
04-24-2007, 11:10 AM

Look at me, everybody hates me at least once a week.:laugh2:

shattered
04-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Look at me, everybody hates me at least once a week.:laugh2:

Sometimes, if you get really lucky, they hate you for the whole week.

OCA
04-24-2007, 09:00 PM

You are my hero, you tough broad you, your parents must be very proud.

gabosaurus
04-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Not even close. People are trolls when their only expressed or demonstrated purpose is to shit-stir.

If the Brown shirt and jackboots fit, wear them... :cool: