PDA

View Full Version : Are The Poor Entitled To Other People's Money?

red states rule
01-02-2010, 09:42 AM
I want to know the answer to several questions

Should poor people demand that the government take money from other people and give it to them?

Is it right that the poor can vote into office politicians who will give them more of other people's money?

If these poor people continue to increase the size of their families, is then a right that more money is paid to that poor person?

Is their a limit on how long a poor person will get someone elses money? How long is enough?

Jeff
01-02-2010, 10:32 AM

Should poor people demand that the government take money from other people and give it to them?

Is it right that the poor can vote into office politicians who will give them more of other people's money?

If these poor people continue to increase the size of their families, is then a right that more money is paid to that poor person?

Is their a limit on how long a poor person will get someone elses money? How long is enough?

America is the land of opportunity, these inner city people that voted osama in on the promise they will get the rich people ( or call it as it is, the people not to lazy to go earn a living) money don't deserve the air they breath much less vote, I am not rich but go out everyday and bust my ass to feed my family, I don't want what I didn't earn, these people sponging off of others are some of the same trashing GW, wow just wow, ya get free health insurance your rent paid and food stamps and ya have the nads to condemn anyone, LOL,

My personal feeling is give these people that are capable of working 1 month to find a job and support themselves or croak, real simple , take care of yourself, those that did surly ought not be punished for it

red states rule
01-02-2010, 10:35 AM
America is the land of opportunity, these inner city people that voted osama in on the promise they will get the rich people ( or call it as it is, the people not to lazy to go earn a living) money don't deserve to breath much less vote, I am not rich but go out everyday and bust my ass to feed my family, I don't want what I didn't earn, these people sponging off of others are some of the same trashing GW, wow just wow, ya get free health insurance your rent paid and food stamps and ya have the nads to condemn anyone, LOL,

My personal feeling is give these people that are capable of working 1 month to find a job and support themselves or croak, real simple , take care of yourself, those that did surly ought not be punished for it

Could not agree with you more Jeff

However, it is amazing how charitable Americans arewhen we see an unfulfilled need.

People, neighbors, communities, churches, non-profits etc have reached out and given money/shelter/food to people in need. People give and give alot - no matter what the condition of the economy is

That's the way it was done in our country for decades, until kliberals decided government could do a much better job of making people DEPENDENT on them and thus helping to secure their power and relection

Jeff
01-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Could not agree with you more Jeff

However, it is amazing how charitable Americans arewhen we see an unfulfilled need.

People, neighbors, communities, churches, non-profits etc have reached out and given money/shelter/food to people in need. People give and give alot - no matter what the condition of the economy is

That's the way it was done in our country for decades, until kliberals decided government could do a much better job of making people DEPENDENT on them and thus helping to secure their power and relection

I still for one think this is more of Obama's BS , he promised no new taxes for anyone making under 250 k that was blown out of the water, and to steal from the people who earned it to give to trash is ridiculous at best, maybe a good solution is to quit paying taxes quit working and let the messiah take care of us all :laugh2: yea like that might work,:laugh2:

HogTrash
01-02-2010, 11:08 AM
According to the marxists and their liberal pawns, those who do not produce are most definately entitled to the friuts of another's labor.

And if the producers should not wish to give of their fruits voluntarilly it is perfectly acceptable for government to confiscate them by force.

red states rule
01-02-2010, 11:10 AM
I still for one think this is more of Obama's BS , he promised no new taxes for anyone making under 250 k that was blown out of the water, and to steal from the people who earned it to give to trash is ridiculous at best, maybe a good solution is to quit paying taxes quit working and let the messiah take care of us all :laugh2: yea like that might work,:laugh2:

The fact is, libs have spent over NINE TRILLION DOLLARS to end poverty - and we are told it is worse then ever

How much more moeny do they have spend, and how much more in taxes do they want from us?

chloe
01-02-2010, 11:13 AM
No they are not Entitled.

cat slave
01-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Hell no, they are not! They are parasites that are used to buy votes to keep
politicians in office. Dependent people are easy to control. Idiots. They
dont even have enough self respect to realize or care that they are being
used.....at our expense of course!

I also think "assistance" should come from the churches so that all that stays
in the communities and is more.....visible! Or is that "transparent"....no, that
the messiahs gig!

We should help those truly unable to work. Let the rest starve or work.
Their choice.

SassyLady
01-03-2010, 03:23 AM
nope!

bullypulpit
01-03-2010, 08:42 AM
What would Jesus do?

red states rule
01-03-2010, 08:51 AM
What would Jesus do?

Any other time BP, you leftie liberals want to remove all references of God from the public view - but you play the Jesus card when it fits your agenda or do NOT want to answer a simple straight up question

How soon before you become "bored" with this thread and run away BP?

Joyful HoneyBee
01-03-2010, 10:12 AM
What would Jesus do?

The Bible clearly indicates that people should work. Here is what Jesus said about an unfaithful servant:

Matthew 25: 14-30

14 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far
country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods
to them.
15 "And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to
another one, to each according to his own ability; and
immediately he went on a journey.
16 "Then he who had received the five talents went and traded
with them, and made another five talents.
17 "And likewise he who had received two gained two more also.
18 "But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and
hid his lord's money.
19 "After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled
accounts with them.
20 "So he who had received five talents, came and brought five
other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents;
look, I have gained five more talents besides them.'
21 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant;
you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler
over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
22 "He also who had received two talents came and said, 'Lord,
you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two
more talents besides them.'
23 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant;
you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler
over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord,
I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown,
and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground.
Look, there you have what is yours.'
26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy
servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and
gather where I have not scattered seed.
27 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers,and
at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28 'Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who
has ten talents.
29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have
abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has
will be taken away.
30 'And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness.
There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Furthermore this, all from the book of Proverbs.....

10:5 He who gathers in summer is a wise son,
But he who sleeps during the harvest is a son who causes shame.

24:30,31 I went by the field of the sluggard, By the vineyard of the man void of understanding; Behold, it was all grown over with thorns. Its surface was covered with nettles, And its stone wall was broken down.

6:6 Go to the ant, you sluggard. Consider her ways, and be wise

26:16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes Than seven men who answer with discretion.

13:4 The soul of the sluggard desires, and has nothing,
But the desire of the diligent shall be fully satisfied.

26:15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish.
He is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth.

19:15 Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep. The idle soul shall suffer hunger.

24:33,34 A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep;
So shall your poverty come as a robber, And your want as an armed man.

21:25 The desire of the sluggard kills him, For his hands refuse to labor.

10:4 He becomes poor who works with a lazy hand,
But the hand of the diligent brings wealth.

15:19 The way of the sluggard is like a thorn patch,
But the path of the upright is a highway.

12:24 The hands of the diligent ones shall rule,
But laziness ends in slave labor.

This is hardly an exhaustive study of scripture pertaining to laziness, but it is a start.

Binky
01-03-2010, 11:07 AM

Number one. Why shouldn't all of us that are working everyday and doing the right things, demand from our leaders that they force these lazy bums reaching for handouts to get up and work making their own ways rather than we having to support them? While they may now be req'd to look for work, if they want any assistance, all they have to do is list some places where they looked and say they couldn't find any.....

Secondly, where it may not be right, they still have the right to vote in whomever they choose. Apparently they are either voting more than the rest of us or the ones running are all too happy to give them what they haven't earned...omitting their monies, of course.....

Maybe it's time we set a limit on the number of kids they can have....since we're supporting them anyway....

If a poor person has kids and is on welfare, there's an age limit of 18 on the kids, for the parents to receive anything. So in Michigan, once that child begins working, earning any kind of paycheck, the allotment the parents receive will be lessened. At least that's the way it used to be. And when that child hits 18, the help stops....(allotment will be minuse whatever they were getting for that child and if no other minor children, it will be terminated) This is why we see so many lifers on welfare.....they keep having babies and consuming the money, food stamps, whatever.... The more kids they have, the larger their monthly allotment.....and the longer we end up supporting them.....

And as to whether there's a limit one can get other peoples money, if Obamas admin. has it's way, they will get it forever as it will trickle down. Whatever we earn, will have a portion snatched and given to those making less....In the end, it'll all run downhill......and the ones at the bottom will benefit.....Rather takes away any incentive to get up and go to work for that paycheck....I suspect many will begin working jobs that pay under the counter. (not having taxes taken out and offically not working as far as those in power are concerned....)

HogTrash
01-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Fact...When the government takes from one to help another during hard times the recipiant has no compultion to earn his own way and will soon come to view the helping hand from the faceless government benefactor as an entitlement.

When the benefactor has a face such as that of a friend, family member or neighbor, they usually tend to work hard to remove theirselves from being a burden on that kind benefactor and may someday themself be a benefactor to another.

Joyful HoneyBee
01-03-2010, 12:13 PM
God worked six days and rested the seventh.

Adam was put in the Garden of Eden to work and tend the garden.

Proverbs 12:11
He who works his land will have abundant food, but he who chases fantasies lacks judgment.

Proverbs 13:11
Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow.

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men

this is only a smidgen of what scripture teaches about work

red states rule
01-03-2010, 03:35 PM
http://www.impeachobamastore.us/images/12271492719621319690820.bmp

cat slave
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
What would Jesus do?

Hed teach them how to fish!!!!!

red states rule
01-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Hed teach them how to fish!!!!!

Jesus did

But the libs moved in and demanded they buy a fishing license

Brought in GAme Wardens to make sure they did not catch to many

Then collected sales taxes on the fishing equipment

Libs care about government - not people

MtnBiker
04-12-2010, 10:41 PM
What would Jesus do?

Allow prayer in school???

Teach people to fish???

pete311
04-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Generational poverty is a complex issue, especially if it is environmental like in inner cities. You can't really blame a kid if he grows up being a lazy punk if he all he has to learn from are degenerate parents and loser drug fiend friends. The question is how to break the cycle. How do you get that kid to break free from his environment that every day reinforces poor choices. I've never been a fan of welfare, but drive in an inner city sometime. There are simply no jobs for miles. In my inner city everything is boarded up. I'd love to get rid of welfare, but just imagine if we cut all funds. It would be mad chaos in the streets. People in the inner city would just rely more heavily on drug sales and things would degenerate further. I don't envy those who are in the social work field. I have no ideas for this problem. Anyone watch "The Wire"? Awesome series.

SassyLady
04-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Generational poverty is a complex issue, especially if it is environmental like in inner cities. You can't really blame a kid if he grows up being a lazy punk if he all he has to learn from are degenerate parents and loser drug fiend friends. The question is how to break the cycle. How do you get that kid to break free from his environment that every day reinforces poor choices. I've never been a fan of welfare, but drive in an inner city sometime. There are simply no jobs for miles. In my inner city everything is boarded up. I'd love to get rid of welfare, but just imagine if we cut all funds. It would be mad chaos in the streets. People in the inner city would just rely more heavily on drug sales and things would degenerate further. I don't envy those who are in the social work field. I have no ideas for this problem. Anyone watch "The Wire"? Awesome series.

Well, we know that welfare has not been the answer. Why not study communities that do not have these problems and observe what they do differently and apply it on a larger scale.

As for jobs within the inner cities .... perhaps cleaning up the community could be the first step....pay them to renovate their own environment.

It's interesting that you think everyone would fall back on "drug sales" as their survival tool. Why is that? If it is generational poverty how do they afford the drugs?

pete311
04-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Well, we know that welfare has not been the answer. Why not study communities that do not have these problems and observe what they do differently and apply it on a larger scale.
I'm not sure there is an inner city that has turned around to learn from. You can't look a rich white neighborhood and apply things to an inner city.

As for jobs within the inner cities .... perhaps cleaning up the community could be the first step....pay them to renovate their own environment.

This is a great idea! I think 15-20 hours a month of volunteering should be applied if they want the welfare money. I wonder what the road blocks are to this, it must have been suggested at some point.

It's interesting that you think everyone would fall back on "drug sales" as their survival tool. Why is that? If it is generational poverty how do they afford the drugs?

No one taught them to save. Savings accounts are quite rare within the impoverished. They usually spend what they earn. It's been said that you can determine the poverty rate of an area by the amount of check cashing stores are around. A young man might make $500 one night, but then buys rims for his car the next day. Yeah it's stupid, but it's what the norm for his environment is.

SassyLady
04-13-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure there is an inner city that has turned around to learn from. You can't look a rich white neighborhood and apply things to an inner city.

This is a great idea! I think 15-20 hours a month of volunteering should be applied if they want the welfare money. I wonder what the road blocks are to this, it must have been suggested at some point.

No one taught them to save. Savings accounts are quite rare within the impoverished. They usually spend what they earn. It's been said that you can determine the poverty rate of an area by the amount of check cashing stores are around. A young man might make $500 one night, but then buys rims for his car the next day. Yeah it's stupid, but it's what the norm for his environment is.

Yes, it is hard to change a culture.

I grew up on welfare and made a conscious decision that I wanted a different life. I moved, got a job, went to college in the evenings. Started my own business and became successful.

So, from personal experience it takes internal fortitude and personal sacrifice if one wants to do it without the aid of government.

pete311
04-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Yes, it is hard to change a culture.

I grew up on welfare and made a conscious decision that I wanted a different life. I moved, got a job, went to college in the evenings. Started my own business and became successful.

So, from personal experience it takes internal fortitude and personal sacrifice if one wants to do it without the aid of government.

Good for you! It does take those things. May I ask how were your parents?

SassyLady
04-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Good for you! It does take those things. May I ask how were your parents?

What do you mean "how were they"? Can you be more specific?

pete311
04-13-2010, 12:31 AM
What do you mean "how were they"? Can you be more specific?

For a lack for better words, were they good parents? Were they supportive and good role models for your development as a person? Because I would stereotype that most parents of poverty and inner city are not.

SassyLady
04-13-2010, 12:57 AM
For a lack for better words, were they good parents? Were they supportive and good role models for your development as a person? Because I would stereotype that most parents of poverty and inner city are not.

They were horrible parents. Alcoholics who spent every dime they made on cigarettes and booze. Physically, verbally, sexually and emotionally abusive to us, each other and themselves. Not good role models if that is what you are asking.

And, we were not inner city .... we were white migrant workers ... field hands on farms....living sometimes in farm housing if we were lucky. Both parents ended up living with one of us kids until they day they died. Dad died at 58 and Mom at 64......both destitute and in very bad health.

I am the only one of seven kids that actually graduated from high school, much less went on to college. One brother in prison for life and all the rest have criminal records of some type .... mostly drug related.

So, I don't have much sympathy for those who won't get up off their little pity parties and make a better life for themselves. No one is entitled .... it is earned.

pete311
04-13-2010, 12:59 AM
So, I don't have much sympathy for those who won't get up off their little pity parties and make a better life for themselves. No one is entitled .... it is earned.

I can't argue against first hand experience. :)

SassyLady
04-13-2010, 01:25 AM
I can't argue against first hand experience. :)

Ahhhh....using a little wisdom, are we?

Seriously....thank you for understanding where I am coming from....sometimes I may seem harsh and having little compassion....but I know that poverty is a mindset and creating a larger nanny state perpetuates that mindset.

Mr. P
04-13-2010, 01:45 AM
They were horrible parents. Alcoholics who spent every dime they made on cigarettes and booze. Physically, verbally, sexually and emotionally abusive to us, each other and themselves. Not good role models if that is what you are asking.

And, we were not inner city .... we were white migrant workers ... field hands on farms....living sometimes in farm housing if we were lucky. Both parents ended up living with one of us kids until they day they died. Dad died at 58 and Mom at 64......both destitute and in very bad health.

I am the only one of seven kids that actually graduated from high school, much less went on to college. One brother in prison for life and all the rest have criminal records of some type .... mostly drug related.

Are we twins? Your background is very similar to mine.
It gave me drive and determination also.

I couldn't agree more!!!

LiberalNation
04-13-2010, 01:47 AM
is your stuff worth more than someones life? Charity is a virtue. It is harder for a camel to go thru a needles eye than a rich man to heaven and all that.

Mr. P
04-13-2010, 01:50 AM
is your stuff worth more than someones life? Charity is a virtue. It is harder for a camel to go thru a needles eye than a rich man to heaven and all that.

What does that have to do with entitlement, LN?

LiberalNation
04-13-2010, 02:15 AM
one mans entitlment is anothers desperate need. Do you make your dime off starving children or dead miners, lets hope not.

red states rule
04-13-2010, 03:55 AM
one mans entitlment is anothers desperate need. Do you make your dime off starving children or dead miners, lets hope not.

So typical - tug at peoples heartstrings

LN, this is from 2004 (so the price tag is much higher) on how liberal handouts have failed. I doubt if you will reply - like BP - you stay away when facts get in the way of the discussion

$9 Trillion Didn't End Poverty -- What to Do?
by Jenifer Zeigler

At the Republican National Convention this week, there was a lot of talk about money. Pay raises for firefighters. Money for Swift Boat ads. Money to rebuild Iraq, and so on. One thing the pundits and presidential candidates didn't say much about, however, is how much money has been spent fighting the "war on poverty"--$9 trillion and counting. Yes, $9 trillion.

Yet, as the Census Bureau just reported, poverty in America is up. So what do the candidates propose we do?

Well, one candidate believes the solution is to spend more money on social programs, while the other believes the solution is to spend more money on ... social programs. Since 2000, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (the traditional welfare program) spending has increased 6 percent. What did we get for that money? A higher poverty rate. Obviously a stagnant economy and poor job market are responsible for the increase in those living below the poverty line. However, spending more money on social programs is not raising them back out of poverty.

The best way to reduce the poverty rate is to convince people to avoid poverty in the first place by finishing school, delaying parenthood, and getting a job (any job). High school dropouts are roughly three times more likely to end up in poverty than are those who complete at least a high school education. A common reason why teens drop out of high school is out-of-wedlock births. Teenage pregnancy initiates a single mother into a life of dependency that is difficult to overcome, especially if she goes on to have additional children. Over half of welfare money is spent on families that began with a teen birth.

Getting a job as a solution to poverty may seem like common sense. Granted, not every job pays a wage that will catapult a family into the middle class. However, every job provides job experience, and that leads to a better job. Maybe today's minimum-wage, service industry employee is not on a track for management. But he is showing that he is a reliable worker who can learn and perform duties, something a future employer will value.

Despite all this common sense, Democrats refuse to endorse welfare reform that would emphasize actual work experience. They would spend money to send single moms to college or train them in a specific skill for which there may be no demand in the job market. Republicans are not doing much better by encouraging social spending on programs like marriage initiatives, suggesting that coupling off the poor will somehow raise them out of poverty. In the past 40 years, we have spent at least $8.9 trillion (in constant 2003 dollars) on the "war on poverty." Isn't it time that one of the candidates admit we cannot spend our way out of poverty?

If education, pregnancy prevention, and employment are the solutions to poverty, we need a candidate that advocates policies that promote them. Education reform, including school choice, would provide a real opportunity for children to start on an equal playing field, prevent "at risk" students from dropping out, and produce a more competitive national workforce. Pregnancy prevention programs need to educate teenagers about how to avoid pregnancy, as well as emphasize the life-altering repercussion of parenthood as a minor. Finally, job growth results from a dynamic economy. Lower taxes, less regulation on business and industry, and freer trade would produce the jobs necessary to escape the bonds of poverty.

So, listen this campaign season as candidates offer their solution to the rise in poverty. Be wary of promises to throw more money at the problem. That clearly doesn't work

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=2807

and do you want to know why the stimulus bill failed - it was loaded with handouts and did little, if anything to put people back to work

Here are just a few of the things that Obama called shovel ready jobs

snip

Summary:
$89 billion for Medicaid
$30 billion for COBRA insurance extension
$36 billion for expanded unemployment benefits
$20 billion for food stamps
Summary:
$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts
$380 million in the Senate bill for the Women, Infants and Children program
$300 million for grants to combat violence against women
$2 billion for federal child-care block grants
$6 billion for university building projects
$15 billion for boosting Pell Grant college scholarships
$4 billion for job-training programs, including $1.2 billion for “youths” up to the age of 24
$1 billion for community-development block grants
$4.2 billion for “neighborhood stabilization activities”
$650 million for digital-TV coupons; $90 million to educate “vulnerable populations”

http://article.nationalreview.com/384911/50-de-stimulating-facts/stephen-spruiell-kevin-williamson

SassyLady
04-13-2010, 04:04 AM
So typical - tug at peoples heartstrings

LN, this is from 2004 (so the price tag is much higher) on how liberal handouts have failed. I doubt if you will reply - like BP - you stay away when facts get in the way of the discussion

and do you want to know why the stimulus bill failed - it was loaded with handouts and did little, if anything to put people back to work

Here are just a few of the things that Obama called shovel ready jobs

$650 million for digital TV coupons? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!

LiberalNation
04-13-2010, 04:09 AM
tv can be educational, I like pbs.

SassyLady
04-13-2010, 04:12 AM
tv can be educational, I like pbs.

So you see TV as an entitlement rather than a privilege?

LiberalNation
04-13-2010, 04:16 AM
anybody can get some tv with dog-ears, do not see these vouchers as necessary but were obviously someone’s baby, prolly the cable companies themselves,

darin
04-13-2010, 06:47 AM

http://www.d-mphotos.com/images/applause.gif

Priceless.

I'm right with MKP. Spot-on analysis. I grew up probably middle class for my area...my dad probably made about $35-40k in the mid 1980s. Growing up middle class wasn't easy - wasn't hard I suppose by some accounts, but it wasn't roses. We never had enough money (family of 6) to allow me to wear the best brands, or eat the best food. We never had 'awesome' things like motorcycles, boats, whatever. We were well-off enough to stay off food stamps (not always the case prior to about 1980; I remember one TGiving, when I was about 4, where we were going to eat sandwhiches - ladies from the Church showed up last-minute with bags of groceries). The best thing I learned growing up was a lesson from my dad - "If you don't look out for yourself, don't expect anyone else to." If more of the poor, the generational-welfare familes would grab their...whatever part motivates them...and work as HARD as they NEED to improve their condition we'd all be better-off. Nobody in this country is a victim except by choice. NOBODY.

HogTrash
04-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Generational poverty is a complex issue, especially if it is environmental like in inner cities. You can't really blame a kid if he grows up being a lazy punk if he all he has to learn from are degenerate parents and loser drug fiend friends. The question is how to break the cycle. How do you get that kid to break free from his environment that every day reinforces poor choices. I've never been a fan of welfare, but drive in an inner city sometime. There are simply no jobs for miles. In my inner city everything is boarded up. I'd love to get rid of welfare, but just imagine if we cut all funds. It would be mad chaos in the streets. People in the inner city would just rely more heavily on drug sales and things would degenerate further. I don't envy those who are in the social work field. I have no ideas for this problem. Anyone watch "The Wire"? Awesome series.There has been millions of jobs just a few blocks and a bus ride away from their neighborhoods...Millions of people commute alot further than that from the suburbs into the city five days a week to their jobs.

The city has many more jobs than does rural areas and the poor have access to cheap transportation and low rent to make it possible to save money and work their way up and out of the ghetto.

It is true that there are no jobs in their ghettos because they are savages that act and live like animals...These people refuse to cooperate with the police and shout "racism" whenever the cops try to do their job.

They trash or destroy their neighborhoods and schools and the stores and businesses are repeatedly robbed and vandalized and either move out or don't bother moving in...They are their own worst enemy.

Your delusions about minorities and their predicament is 100% political correctness indoctrination...All you know is the PC that has been pounded into your head nonstop since 1970 and like everyone else, you deny it.

Bonnie
04-13-2010, 07:38 PM

On Sundays I read the church bulletin and just for the heck of it I notice the previous weeks tally s of tithing given to the church and even in troubled economic times and living under Obama's yolk of socialistic tyranny I can't believe how generous the parish is.

Can you imagine if liberalism were voluntary and not forced how much good people could and would do for the poor??? It seems Jesus had the right idea after all:coffee:

Bonnie
04-13-2010, 07:47 PM

And charity is just that..... charity..... not someone going into your house taking your things and giving them to someone else..That's called stealing and one of the ten commandments. Plenty of rich people will get to heaven because they give their money and their time willingly and lovingly.

How about the government gets out of the SAVING BUSINESS and allow us to make our own decisions about our money and charity?

SassyLady
04-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Nobody in this country is a victim except by choice. NOBODY.

:clap::clap::clap: