PDA

View Full Version : Alec Baldwin

Mr. P
04-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Not only a jerk, but perhaps a borderline child abuser?

Listen to this phone recording to his daughter.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/0419_baldwin.mp3

CockySOB
04-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Just heard the recording myself. Two thoughts come to mind.

1) That's verbal abuse and mental cruelty of a minor - charge the son of a bitch!

2) Please let Alec be a public persona for the Democrats in 2008!

KarlMarx
04-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Alec Baldwin has to get a grip. His politics not withstanding, his daughter doesn't deserve to be called a pig. It's unfortunate how we sometimes bring our problems on ourselves.

Of course, I don't envy the guy, either. He's in the middle of a custody battle with his ex-wife and that has to be very difficult.

I hope that he's not normally like that with his daughter.

I remember that, when I was going through a divorce, that I could be very emotional at times and I would sometimes lose my composure over the slightest thing.

Nuc
04-20-2007, 08:31 AM
OK sounds like he's pissed off.

But what's worse? Yelling at your kid (I believe we've all done that) or RELEASING IT TO THE PRESS? I don't think Buffy released it. I doubt Alec Baldwin's press agent released it. Mommy must have released it. And whatever kind of abuse Baldwin has done it would have been a one time thing (at least for that call) whereas this will be a topic of conversation for years and something the kids friends can quote her on the playground because the mom thought this was a good idea. She could have taken this tape to the guardian ad litem and he could have dealt with it. These Hollywood assholes think their whole lives should play out in public.

I am of course assuming she did it, if I'm wrong about that fact, then I will have to reevaluate.

Mr. P
04-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Alec Baldwin has to get a grip. His politics not withstanding, his daughter doesn't deserve to be called a pig. It's unfortunate how we sometimes bring our problems on ourselves.

Of course, I don't envy the guy, either. He's in the middle of a custody battle with his ex-wife and that has to be very difficult.

I hope that he's not normally like that with his daughter.

I remember that, when I was going through a divorce, that I could be very emotional at times and I would sometimes lose my composure over the slightest thing.

Well, leaving a message like this does wonders for his side, doesn't it?
I guess that's why Kim released it. I think she should also present it to a Judge and get an emergency restraining order.

Nuc
04-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, leaving a message like this does wonders for his side, doesn't it?
I guess that's why Kim released it. I think she should also present it to a Judge and get an emergency restraining order.

She doesn't need to publicly humiliate her ex and her daughter to get a restraining order. She is still a sex machine however.

Mr. P
04-20-2007, 08:45 AM
She doesn't need to publicly humiliate her ex and her daughter to get a restraining order. She is still a sex machine however.

That's true she didn't need to make it public, but she did.

He didn't have to leave such a message, but he did.

Nuc
04-20-2007, 08:47 AM
That's true she didn't need to make it public, but she did.

He didn't have to leave such a message, but he did.

That's why so many kids are fucked up nowadays.

KarlMarx
04-20-2007, 09:54 AM
And why so many matrimonial attorneys are rich

Mr. P
04-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Just heard a Judge revoked Baldwins visitation rights after hearing the tape.:clap:

Roomy
04-20-2007, 11:14 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you? He is angry at his awkward, ignorant impudent kid who probably deserved more of a telling off than she/he got.

Abbey Marie
04-20-2007, 11:36 AM
No doubt Mommy has poisoned the kid against Daddy, and Daddy is very frustrated. But Baldwin apparently has a history of anger problems, so this may not even be unusual for him.

Didn't he or Kim once even buy a town? I guess it takes something other than a village to raise a child well.

Mr. P
04-20-2007, 11:50 AM
No doubt Mommy has poisoned the kid against Daddy, and Daddy is very frustrated. But Baldwin apparently has a history of anger problems, so this may not even be unusual for him.

Didn't he or Kim once even buy a town? I gueis it takes something other than a village to raise a child well.

She did, Braselton, Ga. I think that was before him, not sure. She did Bankrupt on it a few years later as I recall.

krisy
04-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I find absolutely no reason for this whatsoever. Him and his brother have serious anger issues,like someone else allready said. If I were the judge,I would have stopped visitation too. Who knows what he would have done to the child when he saw her. She has got to be hurting.

I do disagree with this being released to the media tho. That hurts and embarrases the daughter as much as it does him.

KitchenKitten99
04-20-2007, 12:20 PM
-Playing Devil's Advocate-

while the girl didn't deserve to be called a pig, or any name, ya gotta wonder what she did to make him so angry. Again, not that it justifies what he said, but we are only hearing him yelling to a recording. Sometimes kids do something so bad, their parents just lose it and say (& do) things they should not. I am not defending his words, just curious as to what she did that he felt justified ripping into her like that. I have had my share of my dad getting worked up, only because his temper got the best of him. I have been called names by my dad in the heat of the moment. And yes, it hurt to hear it, but all in all, he apologized later and said he didn't mean it, and I don't believe he meant it, because his anger was driving his thoughts, not common sense, because my actions were that bad.

However, Alec could also be over-reacting. We don't know until we hear the other side of the story.

krisy
04-20-2007, 12:30 PM
-Playing Devil's Advocate-

while the girl didn't deserve to be called a pig, or any name, ya gotta wonder what she did to make him so angry. Again, not that it justifies what he said, but we are only hearing him yelling to a recording. Sometimes kids do something so bad, their parents just lose it and say (& do) things they should not. I am not defending his words, just curious as to what she did that he felt justified ripping into her like that. I have had my share of my dad getting worked up, only because his temper got the best of him. I have been called names by my dad in the heat of the moment. And yes, it hurt to hear it, but all in all, he apologized later and said he didn't mean it, and I don't believe he meant it, because his anger was driving his thoughts, not common sense, because my actions were that bad.

However, Alec could also be over-reacting. We don't know until we hear the other side of the story.

Problem is,no matter why he said it,those words will always be with her. No matter how much he says sorry. Even tho everyone gets mad,part of being a parent and an adult is controlling yourself.

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey, we're dealing with a kid and a presumed adult here. Kids have a way of pissing off their parents, whether intentionally or not. Baldwin's response to the kid was not adult and IMO inappropriate, no matter what. I consider his message a form of emotional abuse.

It seems that he and his ex have been duking it out in the courts over child custody ever since their divorce. That in my book makes both of them unfit parents.

And I don't care what his politics are; I'm just not impressed with him as an actor.

(I don't let politics keep me from enjoying good artists; if I did, I wouldn't be listening to Toby Keith on my iPod when walking the treadmill. :coffee: )

typomaniac
04-20-2007, 12:38 PM
2) Please let Alec be a public persona for the Democrats in 2008!Only if you let Jeb's junkie daughter be a public persona for the Republicans. :lame2:

krisy
04-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Only if you let Jeb's junkie daughter be a public persona for the Republicans. :lame2:

That would be a step up from all the Hollywood freakshows :cool:

Abbey Marie
04-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey, we're dealing with a kid and a presumed adult here. Kids have a way of pissing off their parents, whether intentionally or not. Baldwin's response to the kid was not adult and IMO inappropriate, no matter what. I consider his message a form of emotional abuse.

It seems that he and his ex have been duking it out in the courts over child custody ever since their divorce. That in my book makes both of them unfit parents.

And I don't care what his politics are; I'm just not impressed with him as an actor.

(I don't let politics keep me from enjoying good artists; if I did, I wouldn't be listening to Toby Keith on my iPod when walking the treadmill. :coffee: )

I can forget his politics when Johnny Depp's perfect face comes up on the big screen. :coffee:

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I can forget his politics when Johnny Depp's perfect face comes up on the big screen. :coffee:

I know what you mean.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Not only a jerk, but perhaps a borderline child abuser?

Listen to this phone recording to his daughter.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/0419_baldwin.mp3

Heard it this morning on the telly... not sure if I'd consider him to be a child abuser, but dayum... I'm sure glad he ain't MY dad...

but then again... contentious divorces will make even the nicest guy say something he regrets later...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Didn't he or Kim once even buy a town? I guess it takes something other than a village to raise a child well.

no clue, but it takes more than one "family" to make a village...

glockmail
04-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Alec Baldwin is an asshole and its no wonder the monumental babe Kim Bassinger canned his sorry fat ass.

glockmail
04-20-2007, 03:50 PM

However, Alec could also be over-reacting. We don't know until we hear the other side of the story. There is no other side of the story. He's the adult, and should act like one.

Pale Rider
04-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Bladwin is PRONE to these outbursts. He has an anger management problem, just like some OTHER liberals we know.... hence the phrase, "frothing at the mouth liberal".

typomaniac
04-20-2007, 04:25 PM
That would be a step up from all the Hollywood freakshows :cool:The only Hollywood freak show from which SHE'd be a step up is Pauly Shore. :laugh2:

CockySOB
04-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Only if you let Jeb's junkie daughter be a public persona for the Republicans. :lame2:

I see. Skipped breakfast today? We can remedy that for ya, thanks to Psycho!
:slap:

Actually my comment referenced the fact that Alec Baldwin used his media power (being a Hollywood former star) to promote the Democrats and denigrate the Republicans in the past several election cycles. If he does so again in the 2008 cycle, it'll REALLY backfire and hurt the Democrats he wants to support.

Last I checked, Jeb's daughter (whatever her name is) hasn't been out mkaing herself a public voice on politics as Baldwin has. If you can cite me where she has, please do, I'd be interested.

Samantha
04-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Alec Baldwin is obviously an asshole to his family.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Alec Baldwin is obviously an asshole to his family.

No kidding..
I feel sorry for the kid..She's been nothing but a pawn between both parents..Sad..

Hugh Lincoln
04-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Minus the cuss words and the "pig" business, I wasn't that shocked. We don't know the history of her missing the calls.

lily
04-20-2007, 08:23 PM
I find absolutely no reason for this whatsoever. Him and his brother have serious anger issues,like someone else allready said. If I were the judge,I would have stopped visitation too. Who knows what he would have done to the child when he saw her. She has got to be hurting.

I do disagree with this being released to the media tho. That hurts and embarrases the daughter as much as it does him.

If this was real news I would back up my post with a link, but since it's just Hollywood gossip.......from what I understand Ireland (the child) gave permission for the recording to be made public. This leads me to believe,This isn't the first time. Also she had her phone turned off, so obviously she didn't want to talk to him. Now the fact that it was in a court order that he be allowed to talk to her on the phone at a certain time of day and on a particular day, shows that he is trying to keep in touch with his child. Of course we could speculate all we want, but all we're going to hear is what both sides of this divorce wants us to hear.......but after 6 years.....come on! SOme lawyers are getting really rich.

Nuc
04-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Problem is,no matter why he said it,those words will always be with her.

We don't know for a fact that the kid even heard the message. Maybe mommy was the only one who heard it. Now the whole world has because of mommy.

KarlMarx
04-21-2007, 06:00 AM
I feel sorry for the kid. It must suck to have two parents that have more loose screws than Home Depot.

The parents should be putting their differences aside, swallow their pride and keep the kid out of the middle. My ex and I did that, so it's possible.

Of course, it doesn't help when both Mom and Dad have enough money to keep an army of matrimonial attorneys employed for years on end. I'm sure that the attorneys are behind the scenes working their evil and pulling the strings.

I won't be surprised if, in a few years, we hear very bad news regarding the kid... she's probably going to be scarred for life.

krisy
04-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Again,I do disagree with this being released. But,this is a CHILD. If anyone asked her o.k. to release the tape,they should have their head examined too. The one thing I will give Alec is that he was trying to stay in touch with her,but that's all I will give him. I know mom isn't innocent in all this either. I do think ALec needs some kind of anger management. He has done this kind of thing before,and if I were her mother,I would be a little scared to let her go with him.

Believe me,I am all for fathers rights. I think men get screwed in this country every which way but loose.My parents got a dissolution(sp?) when I was11 or 12. It was hard emotionally becuase we were a very tight knit family....I thought.My parents agreed on everything,sold the house,mom got custody and dad got visitation. My mom never ever tried to stop my dad from seeing us. Problem was,for years after the divorce they badmouthed each other for years .That hurt the most. At one point,my big brother told them both to grow up.

My dad and mom are both remarried now. My dad never talks poorly about my mom anymore,but 20 years later,my mom still has things to say about my dad after seeing him at every birthday party.

Parents...grow up and think about your children!!!!!! I'm not sure these people have any idea how much they are emotionally hurting these kids while spewing venom back and forth at each other.

Roomy
04-21-2007, 06:41 AM
I wish I was a perfect parent like a lot of you.

krisy
04-21-2007, 06:55 AM

No one is claiming to be a perfect parent. But, a civil divorce CAN happen. One needs to ask themselvess if they love thier children more than they hate their ex. It's hard enough for a kids family to be ripped apart,without having mom and dad act like second graders in a pissing match. It's nothing but a big competition for the kids love. What they don't realise is that the child will love them unconditionally no matter what mom says about dad and vice versa....at least I still loved both my parents. They don't realise the fools they make of themselves behaving this way.

Everyone will make mistakes,but mistakes of this degree are unacceptable from dad AND mom.

krisy
04-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Let me add that I do think it is mom's responsibility to make sure the girl gets her dad''s phone call.

shattered
04-21-2007, 07:12 AM

Perfect parent, or no.. Is there any real reason for talking to your child like that? Everything from anger management, to the kid really did something wrong has been said as an excuse.. It still doesn't fly...at least not with me.

Nuc
04-21-2007, 07:17 AM
No one is claiming to be a perfect parent. But, a civil divorce CAN happen.

Only if both parties want it. Usually it's the woman who stands in the way and poisons the kids minds against the father. Maybe Alec Baldwin is a jerk too, but that's definitely happening here.

krisy
04-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Only if both parties want it. Usually it's the woman who stands in the way and poisons the kids minds against the father. Maybe Alec Baldwin is a jerk too, but that's definitely happening here.

Your probably right. But dad HAS to seperate mom from the daughter. Just because everyone else has acted poorly in a divorce,doesn't make it o.k. I know that mom's are just as much to blame in these situations,sometimes more. But those words came out of his mouth,not hers. She ,however, is a bafoon for releasing the message to the media....if she did.

Roomy
04-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Perfect parent, or no.. Is there any real reason for talking to your child like that? Everything from anger management, to the kid really did something wrong has been said as an excuse.. It still doesn't fly...at least not with me.

Well it flies alright with me, as parent of 4 and a grandparent of 3 + 5 step grandchildren I have flipped my lid much worse than that on several occassions and wouldn't thank any one of you for telling me where I was going wrong.I wonder how many of you actually have a clue.

shattered
04-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Well it flies alright with me, as parent of 4 and a grandparent of 3 + 5 step grandchildren I have flipped my lid much worse than that on several occassions and wouldn't thank any one of you for telling me where I was going wrong.I wonder how many of you actually have a clue.

You don't think you can get your point across by being any nicer?

We often treat strangers better than we treat our own friends and family.

Roomy
04-21-2007, 09:12 AM
You don't think you can get your point across by being any nicer?

We often treat strangers better than we treat our own friends and family.

Probably could the first time or two, after that you might have to raise your voice and add a little menace just to get the point across, works for me.

Parenting is difficuilt at the best of times and it is one of those subjects that everyone knows best at.I can't help feeling Alec Balwin was manouvered and manipulated.

Yesterday, here in England a man was jailed for staging dog fights, at the same time in a different court a mother, grandmother and two aunties were given probation for filming two toddlers fighting while they urged them on abusively.Go figure.

shattered
04-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Probably could the first time or two, after that you might have to raise your voice and add a little menace just to get the point across, works for me.

Parenting is difficuilt at the best of times and it is one of those subjects that everyone knows best at.I can't help feeling Alec Balwin was manouvered and manipulated.

Yesterday, here in England a man was jailed for staging dog fights, at the same time in a different court a mother, grandmother and two aunties were given probation for filming two toddlers fighting while they urged them on abusively.Go figure.

I agree that standards are often "fucked", for lack of a better word.. But as for "manipulation", he's not a dummy. Nobody has a stick up his ass, and a hand wrapped around the back of his neck forcing him to open his mouth...

Roomy
04-21-2007, 09:18 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_headline=fury-at-let-off-for-baby-fight-family%26method=full%26objectid=18938528%26siteid= 89520-name_page.html

Roomy
04-21-2007, 09:20 AM
I agree that standards are often "fucked", for lack of a better word.. But as for "manipulation", he's not a dummy. Nobody has a stick up his ass, and a hand wrapped around the back of his neck forcing him to open his mouth...

I just prefer to wait until the facts are known before I kick the chair away.

shattered
04-21-2007, 09:23 AM
I just prefer to wait until the facts are known before I kick the chair away.

Then you'll spend a lot of time in undecided limbo, because unless you were personally there (or anyone else for that matter), the facts will never be 100% known - merely someone elses personal interpretation passed on for the world to judge.

Kathianne
04-21-2007, 09:25 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_headline=fury-at-let-off-for-baby-fight-family%26method=full%26objectid=18938528%26siteid= 89520-name_page.html

I think that's about the sickest thing I've read. Good she lost custody, but I think a year in jail would have been too little.

Roomy
04-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Then you'll spend a lot of time in undecided limbo, because unless you were personally there (or anyone else for that matter), the facts will never be 100% known - merely someone elses personal interpretation passed on for the world to judge.

Perpetual limbo for me it is then.:laugh2:

On the other hand I am not averse to stating my personal opinions to all and sundry about whatever takes my fancy.:cool:

Roomy
04-21-2007, 09:30 AM
I think that's about the sickest thing I've read. Good she lost custody, but I think a year in jail would have been too little.

To any normal mother losing custody of her kids would be the ultimate punishment, these fucking idiots are probably over the moon, they should all be sterilised.I hope they suffer a life of shit, but no doubt they live in an area where this is considered entertainment.The worst of it is, imo, this case is very mild compared to most cases of child abuse.

Roomy
04-21-2007, 09:36 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/

shattered
04-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Uh. You broke the thread. :slap:

Roomy
04-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Uh. You broke the thread. :slap:

Is it fixed now? scroll down the page it should be there.

shattered
04-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Is it fixed now? scroll down the page it should be there.

That's better. I hereby retract my slap.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2007, 12:56 PM
If anyone is abusing this child, it is the courts for allowing a custody battle to drag on for 6 years. Poor kid.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2007, 01:03 PM

What a charmer mummy is.

The children's soldier dad was serving in Iraq for three months when Care and her family made the video at Carole Olver's Plymouth council house.

The soldier, who had been dumped by Care by text while he was serving in the war zone, borrowed the camcorder when he returned home to show his parents holiday film of the children.

Instead of the happy, carefree scenes he was expecting, he found the horrifying fight film. He alerted social services and the women were arrested.

Prosecutor David Gittins told Plymouth crown court: "What he saw was an eight-minute film of them being forced to fight each other.

He found the scene so shocking he was deeply disturbed and reduced to tears.

It was described by the children's father as being akin to a dog fight."

Roomy
04-21-2007, 02:03 PM
What a charmer mummy is.

If it were a race Granny and aunties would be tied for second, I cannot for the life of me understand the mentality of, excuse me, FUCKING idiots like that, and that comes from a man who has grown up in the arse end of the arsehole of England.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2007, 02:09 PM
If it were a race Granny and aunties would be tied for second, I cannot for the life of me understand the mentality of, excuse me, FUCKING idiots like that, and that comes from a man who has grown up in the arse end of the arsehole of England.

I can't understand it, either. Everything in a mom urges you to protect your children from violence and harm. Some people really need to be neutered.

Nuc
04-21-2007, 03:27 PM
I can't understand it, either. Everything in a mom urges you to protect your children from violence and harm. Some people really need to be neutered.

How about making people get licenses before having kids and paying a large deposit?

Abbey Marie
04-21-2007, 08:13 PM
How about making people get licenses before having kids and paying a large deposit?

Shoot, we'd end up subsidizing deposits for the poor for all their babies.

MtnBiker
04-22-2007, 11:10 AM
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

So why is it so hard for Alec to get to a phone? Does he not know what a cell phone is or how one works? And how does one make an ass out of ones self to make a phone call to your daughter?

LuvRPgrl
04-22-2007, 01:08 PM

No, kids are for the most part fucked up because they group up with so little male influence.

Teachers are mostly female.
Women almost always get primary custody.
There are vastly more kids without brothers these days because of the "overpopulation" scare.
The "self esteem" movement.
The feminization of boys movement.
THe "living vicariouslly through the kids" phenomena.
The thought and idea kids have a right to privacy, or any rights at all, and that " they are going to have sex anyways" and exposing them to adult stuff before they are ready for it and destroying their innocence at a premature age. That leads them to try and fulfill the need at a later age, and as an adult, causes them to act childish.
Legalized virtually unlimited abortions. This messes kids up in so many ways its unbelievable.
Telling kids that an animal is just as valuable as them.
Teaching kids that the rain forest is more important then people having houses.
Teaching kids "gay is okay" and normal/nothing is wrong with them, which confuses them, as our natural logic tells us homosexuality is a MAJOR error.
Laws against legitimate spanking and other forms of punishment.
The idea that other parents are not allowed to scold my kids.
Not requiring kids to talk to adults respectfully, many parents think its cool when their kids talk bact to an adult and hurl insults at them (it shows how independent and creative and strong willed the kid is).
The idea that a father/father figure is not needed.

These are all liberal policies.

The girl might be embarrased by it being released to the public, but the guy was a total twit to leave a piece of efidence like that behind when a custody dispute is going on.
She will get over and soon forget the embarrasment of the public reaction/embarrasement. But, she is a public figure, like it or not, and she will have to get used to this stuff anyways.
However, the scar her father will leave on her will be permanent. He is the one who is suppose to protect her not hurt her. She will be forever fearful of her dad to a certain degree.

I have six kids and yes, I have lost my temper as much as he did many, many times. But I NEVER crossed the lines he did. What he did was terrorize her. A much more appropriate and better reaction by him would have been a spanking, if he could.
Not to mention it was a TWO MINUTE message. I have left angry messages before, but by the time I was done, I had cooled off enought to apologize at the end.
I mean, my god, the girl is only 11.
Lastly ( I know, thank god!) his anger really is with the mom, and he used the daughter to take it out, because he can no longer take it out on Kim. The legal system has blocked this.

LuvRPgrl
04-22-2007, 01:12 PM

I choose the more obvious celebs to withhold my money from. If its a movie, I wait til its on cable. If music, well, I get to listen to it for free one way or another. (besides, the monopoly via "copyright" laws is bullshit anyways)
I dont take it to an extreme, but there are plenty of good entertainers out there that there are some I can boycott.

Doesnt he have two brothers?

His acting in movies where he is violent is very good, cuz he isnt acting.

LuvRPgrl
04-22-2007, 01:18 PM
If this was real news I would back up my post with a link, but since it's just Hollywood gossip.......from what I understand Ireland (the child) gave permission for the recording to be made public. This leads me to believe,This isn't the first time. Also she had her phone turned off, so obviously she didn't want to talk to him. Now the fact that it was in a court order that he be allowed to talk to her on the phone at a certain time of day and on a particular day, shows that he is trying to keep in touch with his child. Of course we could speculate all we want, but all we're going to hear is what both sides of this divorce wants us to hear.......but after 6 years.....come on! SOme lawyers are getting really rich.

TO Hugh Lincoln: I found the threat to come out and physically deal with her to be the worst part, followed by the PIG insult, which he repeated twice.

I dont even think he is doing it because he wants to spend time with the daugher, but more to spite Kim. Kim is a real air head.

And the previous court order limiting him to phone calls or whatever, also shows something has been going on in the past. WIth his money, we know Alec has to have a good lawyer.

glockmail
04-22-2007, 03:31 PM
My new avatar is because I hate Alex Baldwin almost as much as his ex-wife. :pee:

Nuc
04-22-2007, 03:56 PM
No, kids are for the most part fucked up because they group up with so little male influence.

Teachers are mostly female.
Women almost always get primary custody.
There are vastly more kids without brothers these days because of the "overpopulation" scare.
The "self esteem" movement.
The feminization of boys movement.
THe "living vicariouslly through the kids" phenomena.
The thought and idea kids have a right to privacy, or any rights at all, and that " they are going to have sex anyways" and exposing them to adult stuff before they are ready for it and destroying their innocence at a premature age. That leads them to try and fulfill the need at a later age, and as an adult, causes them to act childish.
Legalized virtually unlimited abortions. This messes kids up in so many ways its unbelievable.
Telling kids that an animal is just as valuable as them.
Teaching kids that the rain forest is more important then people having houses.
Teaching kids "gay is okay" and normal/nothing is wrong with them, which confuses them, as our natural logic tells us homosexuality is a MAJOR error.
Laws against legitimate spanking and other forms of punishment.
The idea that other parents are not allowed to scold my kids.
Not requiring kids to talk to adults respectfully, many parents think its cool when their kids talk bact to an adult and hurl insults at them (it shows how independent and creative and strong willed the kid is).
The idea that a father/father figure is not needed.

These are all liberal policies.

All good points. And some of them are definitely liberal ideas. However not all. For example the corporate culture which forces both parents to work, frequently without benefits or job security is "conservative" pro-business, anti-union stuff isn't it? Not allowing a man to singlehandedly support his family is the nexus of feminism (liberal) and corporate (conservative) ideas. That's why these terms are problematic. Republicans constantly claim to be pro-family, yet support policies that make it difficult for families to function. Democrats claim to be pro-individual, but support policies that help individual adults, but hurt the kids. Everybody's wrong.

glockmail
04-22-2007, 07:37 PM
.... the corporate culture which forces both parents to work, frequently without benefits or job security is "conservative" pro-business, anti-union stuff isn't it? ...... I don't think so. Nobody's forcing wifie to work, and her corporation provides excellent benefits.

Nuc
04-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't think so. Nobody's forcing wifie to work, and her corporation provides excellent benefits.

Nobody's forcing wifie to work, but they're not giving daddy a working wage. What planet do you live on and how old are you? If you've been around a while you've seen that all workers are considered expendable nowadays. It wasn't like that in the 50's and 60's. The companies had SOME loyalty.

manu1959
04-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Nobody's forcing wifie to work, but they're not giving daddy a working wage. What planet do you live on and how old are you? If you've been around a while you've seen that all workers are considered expendable nowadays. It wasn't like that in the 50's and 60's. The companies had SOME loyalty.

yes all companies are evil.....no one cares about the worker....

lily
04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
So why is it so hard for Alec to get to a phone? Does he not know what a cell phone is or how one works? And how does one make an ass out of ones self to make a phone call to your daughter?

It's not hard for Alec to get to a phone. In fact he has tried to call her many times on the day he is allowed and at the time that he was told.

Did he do the right thing? No, but I'm sure other parents have said the equivalent. In between blaming him for saying what he did and blaiming Kim for giving the tape to the press is still the un-known reason why Ireland didn't want to take his calls.

lily
04-22-2007, 08:05 PM
yes all companies are evil.....no one cares about the worker....

That's not the point that Nuc was making. The fact is that in most cases it takes two paychecks to make ends meet now days. It would be nice to like the Ozzie and Harriet lifestyle, but most families in America can't afford to do this.

You don't think that every woman that is working is just doing it for her own enjoyment, do you?

glockmail
04-22-2007, 08:29 PM
I live on the planet where my Dad worked for the same company for 25 years, and every time it was sold, his retirement package got crappier. I live on the planet where Ford and GM are going bankrupt because they can't compete in the world economy with the auto union dragging them down. I live on the planet where heath costs are rising, doctors are leaving the profession and trial lawyers are getting rich. I live on the planet that whenever Democrats raise taxes the economy goes south.

Nuc
04-22-2007, 08:30 PM
That's not the point that Nuc was making. The fact is that in most cases it takes two paychecks to make ends meet now days. It would be nice to like the Ozzie and Harriet lifestyle, but most families in America can't afford to do this.

You don't think that every woman that is working is just doing it for her own enjoyment, do you?

Right, I'm not saying ALL companies are evil. Some are doing progressive things in the workplace. But the ones who send the jobs overseas, hire workers for 39 hours a week rather than 40 to save on benefits, fire people one day before they are eligible for benefits, and also just plain run things in a stupid way and then screw the workers (as in the automobile industry) are. Evil, that is.

manu1959
04-22-2007, 08:51 PM

people make choices....if their choices require that both parents work how is that anyone's fault but theirs?

you question was rhetorical huh?

Nuc
04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I live on the planet where my Dad worked for the same company for 25 years, and every time it was sold, his retirement package got crappier. I live on the planet where Ford and GM are going bankrupt because they can't compete in the world economy with the auto union dragging them down. I live on the planet where heath costs are rising, doctors are leaving the profession and trial lawyers are getting rich. I live on the planet that whenever Democrats raise taxes the economy goes south.

Does the auto union design the crappy cars that can't compete with Japanese designs? You're putting the cart before the horse.

manu1959
04-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Does the auto union design the crappy cars that can't compete with Japanese designs? You're putting the cart before the horse.

auto designers are not union as far as i know.....

manu1959
04-22-2007, 09:00 PM

your planet sucks.....you should move to libruland

glockmail
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
your planet sucks.....you should move to libruland
:laugh2:

glockmail
04-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Does the auto union design the crappy cars that can't compete with Japanese designs? You're putting the cart before the horse. That's a bullshit response from you. I've owned American autos for 30 years now, and I have not found them to be "crappy". :pee:

KitchenKitten99
04-23-2007, 12:20 PM
That's a bullshit response from you. I've owned American autos for 30 years now, and I have not found them to be "crappy". :pee:

Me too... I refuse to buy foreign-owned. Just because some are made here, doesn't mean the profits ultimately stay here. I just wish Ford & GM would get their financial acts together...

Then again, I never buy brand new (likely never will), always pre-owned.

glockmail
04-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Me too... I refuse to buy foreign-owned. Just because some are made here, doesn't mean the profits ultimately stay here. I just wish Ford & GM would get their financial acts together...

Then again, I never buy brand new (likely never will), always pre-owned.

Most of my cars have been Fords. My 04 Explorer has a 5 speed automatic, and independent rear suspension on a rear-drive platform, features not found on any other SUV unless you pay at least double what I did. The new Mustang is arguably the most beautiful mass produced car, ever. They simply don't know how to market their products.

stephanie
04-25-2007, 05:17 PM
:boohoo: :bye1:

ALEC BALDWIN TAPES INTERVIEW; WANTS OUT OF TV
Wed Apr 25 2007 17:04:40 ET

**Exclusive**

Alec Baldwin has taped an interview with Rosie O'Donnell for ABC's VIEW, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

O'Donnell told the studio audience off camera that this will be the actor's only interview.

"He is leaving the country," O'Donnell told a stunned audience, says a source. [It was not clear if it was for vacation or an extended period of time.]

She said she advised Baldwin against doing the interview.

MORE

During the session, to air Friday, Baldwin apologized for his tirade against his daughter.

He also explained how he wants out of the TV business:

"I have been in the business for over 27 years and I don't care if I do anything else in TV ever again."

Baldwin left CREATIVE ARTISTS AGENCY on Monday. No reason for the split was provided.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash9b.htm

-Cp
04-25-2007, 05:56 PM
"He is leaving the country," O'Donnell told a stunned audience, says a source. [It was not clear if it was for vacation or an extended period of time.

Good Riddence...

stephanie
04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Good Riddence...

Maybe..he'll take Rosie with him..:laugh2:

Pale Rider
04-25-2007, 06:06 PM
"He is leaving the country," O'Donnell told a stunned audience, says a source. [It was not clear if it was for vacation or an extended period of time.

Well then.... bye. :gives:

Mr. P
04-25-2007, 06:18 PM

Ya think he's that dumb? :laugh2: Then we can only hope. Maybe he'll take Barbara Streisand too.

Pale Rider
04-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Ya think he's that dumb? :laugh2: Then we can only hope. Maybe he'll take Barbara Streisand too.

Well, let's give him a Fife then, and see if ALL the rats will follow him... :D

stephanie
04-25-2007, 06:22 PM

Shoot...I'll make a whole list of the hollywierdos he can take with him...:laugh2:

Mr. P
04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Shoot...I'll make a whole list of the hollywierdos he can take with him...:laugh2:

Start with the ones that said if Bush is elected I am leaving the Country then never did. I think Barbara was one of them.

stephanie
04-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Start with the ones that said if Bush is elected I am leaving the Country then never did. I think Barbara was one of them.

So did Baldwin..
I think Randy Rhodes said she'd walk on broken glass if he was elected...

waiting..:coffee:

typomaniac
04-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Start with the ones that said if Bush is elected I am leaving the Country then never did.Maybe that's because Bush was never elected. :lmao:

Mr. P
04-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Maybe that's because Bush was never elected. :lmao:

Right. Twice.LOL

Pale Rider
04-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe that's because Bush was never elected. :lmao:

He wasn't aye.... then who's president? :slap:

typomaniac
04-25-2007, 07:04 PM
He wasn't aye.... then who's president? :slap:Dick Cheney. Duh. :laugh2:

glockmail
04-25-2007, 07:19 PM
"He is leaving the country,".... Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, you asshole.

Kathianne
04-25-2007, 07:25 PM
I loved Alec Baldwin in Team America!

glockmail
04-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Maybe you should go with them then. You, he and Rosie would make quite a threesome.

lily
04-25-2007, 07:38 PM

Well, I don't know if Rosie is leaving the country......but she is leaving the View

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/25/tv.odonnell.exits.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

O'Donnell leaving 'The View'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rosie O'Donnell's stormy tenure on "The View" will be a
short one. The opinionated host was unable to agree on a contract with ABC,
and she'll leave the show in June.

O'Donnell said on the show Wednesday that she wanted to stay for one more
year, and ABC wanted three. So she decided to leave, although she said she
will appear occasionally next season for things like a planned one-hour
special on autism.

"It just didn't work," she said, "and that's show biz. But it's not sad
because I loved it here and I love you guys and I'm not going away." (Watch
the impact of O'Donnell's departure )

O'Donnell has helped raise the ratings for the daytime chat show invented by
Barbara Walters. But her outspokenness has caused almost constant
controversy, including a nasty name-calling feud with Donald Trump that
placed Walters squarely in the middle.

"I induced Rosie to come back to television on 'The View' even for just one
year," Walters said before "The View" aired. "She has given the program new
vigor, new excitement and wonderful hours of television. I can only be
grateful to her for this year."

"We have had, to say the least, an interesting year," Walters added on the
program.

Walters said she had nothing to do with the decision, reached after talks
between representatives for ABC Daytime and O'Donnell.

"This is not my doing or my choice," she said.

Walters was frequently left to clean up the damage after O'Donnell. She did
it most recently Monday, when O'Donnell was criticized for using bad
language and attacking Rupert Murdoch from the dais of the annual New York
Women in Communication awards luncheon.

"I would like to point out that Rosie's view is not always mine," Walters
said. "I would like to say for the record that I am very fond of Rupert
Murdoch."

In the Trump imbroglio, O'Donnell was reportedly mad that Walters did not
come more swiftly to her defense, while Trump said Walters told him she
didn't want O'Donnell on the show -- a claim Walters denied.

Trump quickly went on Fox News Channel Wednesday to claim that O'Donnell was
fired by ABC because of remarks made at the Women in Communications
luncheon. (He'll be on CNN Headline News' "Showbiz Tonight" Wednesday
night.)

"Barbara's the happiest person in the world that Rosie's been fired," Trump
said.

Cindi Berger, spokeswoman for both O'Donnell and Walters, denied Trump's
claim, wondering how he would know what had happened in contract talks
between O'Donnell and ABC.