PDA

View Full Version : *Are You Doing Enough?*

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well?
2. Do you think you're keeping yourself busy?
3. Tried to do things that challenge you?
4. Are you lazy then?
5. Is you're reality being a sloth?
6. Is your life more of, "Don't do anything today you can put off till tomorrow"?
7. Is it a sin and does it lead to depression to be lazy?
8. Is being slothful the major reason why people kill themselves?
9. Does being slothful make you stink?
9. (a) Was there a time when you were very busy, but then you started to slow slow down to a snells pace?
9. (b) Are you scared of what others will think about the things you dream of doing and yet what others think keep you in check from launching out into these dreams and ideas you have?
10. All this and a bag of chips right here on Debate Policy!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well?
4. Are you lazy then?
6. Is your life more of, "Don't do anything today you can put off till tomorrow"?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

:laugh2: .....but seriously I think it can make people depressed that is probably what my ex husbands problem is, he won't get a job. Are you depressed Chess>? Sometimes it is because of your past and sometimes because you won't change your present, but it can also be a chemical or hormonal imbalance. Go see a Doc.:salute:

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

:laugh2: .....but seriously I think it can make people depressed that is probably what my ex husbands problem is, he won't get a job. Are you depressed Chess>? Sometimes it is because of your past and sometimes because you won't change your present, but it can also be a chemical or hormonal imbalance. Go see a Doc.:salute:

1. No, I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger!:laugh2:
2. I own several business' right now and just launched another one.
3. And I am in the planning stage of launching another business in the mass market of egg rolls in America.
4. Also I own another business over seas.
5. I am far far from being a sloth, even with my recent health setbacks I am still thinking about what's my next challenge.
6. So no the answer to your question is no I'm not depressed.
7. Thanks for asking.:coffee:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. No, I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger!:laugh2:
2. I own several business' right now and just launched another one.
3. And I am in the planning stage of launching another business in the mass market of egg rolls in America.
4. Also I own another business over seas.
5. I am far far from being a sloth, even with my recent health setbacks I am still thinking about what's my next challenge.
6. So no the answer to your question is no I'm not depressed.
7. Thanks for asking.:coffee:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

oh I didn't know running business's means you aren't sloth. I guess that would fall more into greed....he he...whats the 7 deadly sins?

chloe
01-02-2010, 02:46 PM
What are the seven deadly sins?

Many people are asking, “What are the seven deadly sins?” The seven deadly sins viewed by society and literature are:

Lust – to have an intense desire or need: “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28 (http://www.allaboutgod.com/truth/matthew-5.htm)).
Gluttony – excess in eating and drinking: “for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags” (Proverbs 23:21 (http://www.allaboutgod.com/truth/proverbs-23.htm)).
Greed - excessive or reprehensible acquisitiveness: “Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more” (Ephesians 4:19 (http://www.allaboutgod.com/truth/ephesians-4.htm)).
Laziness – disinclined to activity or exertion: not energetic or vigorous: “The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway” (Proverbs 15:19 (http://www.allaboutgod.com/truth/proverbs-15.htm)).
Wrath – strong vengeful anger or indignation: “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger” (Proverbs 15:1 (http://www.allaboutgod.com/truth/proverbs-15.htm))
Envy – painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage: “Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation” (1 Peter 2:1-2 (http://www.allaboutgod.com/truth/1-peter-2.htm)).
Pride - quality or state of being proud – inordinate self esteem: “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall” (Proverbs 16:18 (http://www.allaboutgod.com/truth/proverbs-16.htm)).
http://www.allaboutgod.com/what-are-the-seven-deadly-sins-faq.htm

chloe
01-02-2010, 02:49 PM
When Pope Gregory defined the seven deadly sins (http://changingminds.org/explanations/values/deadly_sins.htm) that we should avoid, he also included a counter-balancing set of values that we should espouse and adopt. These are:

<CENTER><TABLE border=0 cellPadding=2 width="80%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
Faith is belief in the right things (including the virtues!).
Hope is taking a positive future view, that good will prevail.
Charity is concern for, and active helping of, others.
Fortitude is never giving up.
Justice is being fair and equitable with others.
Prudence is care of and moderation with money.
Temperance is moderation of needed things and abstinence from things which are not needed.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>http://changingminds.org/explanations/values/seven_virtues.htm

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Sorry bout that,

oh I didn't know running business's means you aren't sloth. I guess that would fall more into greed....he he...whats the 7 deadly sins?

1. You can't run several business' and be a sloth.
2. We could go into the all the deadly sins, but this threads about being a sloth, and why people become them.
3. I'm sure this topic can be debated here, and open peoples eyes to what changes they should make before it's to late.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. You can't run several business' and be a sloth.
2. We could go into the all the deadly sins, but this threads about being a sloth, and why people become them.
3. I'm sure this topic can be debated here, and open peoples eyes to what changes they should make before it's to late.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sloth is laziness and the avoidance of work. found it....nope I work alot so thats not my particular sin.

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Sorry bout that,

Oh I guess I don't know what sloth is.

1. It's like lazy in the list you googled.
2. Do you do, or have you done the things you set out to do, till now?
3. What's your dream job?
4. Do you have a dream job?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. It's like lazy in the list you googled.
2. Do you do, or have you done the things you set out to do, till now?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yes

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I can be buisier than a one armed paper hanger doing business and not be greedy.
2. What is wealth if it's not tempered?
3. And what fruit is there of wealth without a cause of need to have charity?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I can be buisier than a one armed paper hanger doing business and not be greedy.
2. What is wealth if it's not tempered?
3. And what fruit is there of wealth without a cause of need to have charity?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

ok

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Sorry bout that,

Yes

1. So if so, what is the dream job your doing as of now?
2. Finding the dream job isn't always easy to do.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. So if so, what is the dream job your doing as of now?
2. Finding the dream job isn't always easy to do.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Raising my children

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Sorry bout that,

Raising my children

1. I myself don't look at child raising a job, it's a work of love.
2. Not a work, or job, or business.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I myself don't look at child raising a job, it's a work of love.
2. Not a work, or job, or business.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Its a work of love, and I love raising my children.:cool:

BoogyMan
01-02-2010, 03:44 PM

Running a business equates to greed? You have GOT to be kidding.

chloe
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Running a business equates to greed? You have GOT to be kidding.

no but running tons of them and feeling its never enough might be...I'm not God though so I can't judge anyone's 7 deadly sins.

BoogyMan
01-02-2010, 04:05 PM
no but running tons of them and feeling its never enough might be...I'm not God though so I can't judge anyone's 7 deadly sins.

If someone is competent and enjoys business it is certainly not up to you to decide that it is greed for them to run multiple entities.

As for the "7 deadly sins" there really is no such New Testament instruction to hold any sin in worse regard than any other, all sin is unrighteousness.

chloe
01-02-2010, 04:09 PM
If someone is competent and enjoys business it is certainly not up to you to decide that it is greed for them to run multiple entities.

As for the "7 deadly sins" there really is no such New Testament instruction to hold any sin in worse regard than any other, all sin is unrighteousness.

no kidden its not up to me to judge , you or chesswars or anyone excepot God . Imagine that we all agree LOL.:coffee: I only said maybe working too much and feeling exhausted would be greed, the key word was maybe because I don't judge it. wink

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. No one is trying to discover anyone else's sin's wether deadly or not.
2. This thread isn't about chloe or anyone else here for that matter.
3. Its a thread to reflect on, to maybe launch some dream you have as a person or soul, the time you are here on this planet which may be a short time, we never know.
4. The, *Lord* did say to keep busy.
5. Are you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
01-02-2010, 04:15 PM
If you start a business and your successful. You might want to expand for tax purposes and to spread your wealth around. However, when you start creating new businesses just to make more money and control more then your entering the realm of greed. The business becomes an extension of your ego. when money is no longer a concern then power becomes the ultimate goal.

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

If you start a business and your successful. You might want to expand for tax purposes and to spread your wealth around. However, when you start creating new businesses just to make more money and control more then your entering the realm of greed. The business becomes an extension of your ego. when money is no longer a concern then power becomes the ultimate goal.

1. And who do you know personally like this, to draw such conclusions?
2. Oh isn't this thread about sloth?
3. Also isn't it commonly reported that politicians don't need the money, but seek the power?
4. Politics isn't a business, its supposed to be a service.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. No one is trying to discover anyone else's sin's wether deadly or not.
2. This thread isn't about chloe or anyone else here for that matter.
3. Its a thread to reflect on, to maybe launch some dream you have as a person or soul, the time you are here on this planet which may be a short time, we never know.
4. The, *Lord* did say to keep busy.
5. Are you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Oh I thought the purpose was for you to ask people at the board if they were guilty of the sin of sloth. You asked I answered it. I said sloth is not my sin and I have fulfilled my dream job. You speculated that the sloth sin might cause depression I agreed. I think I have discussed it in the intention you mean't.

chloe
01-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well?
4. Are you lazy then?
9. (a) Was there a time when you were very busy, but then you started to slow slow down to a snells pace?
9. (b) Are you scared of what others will think about the things you dream of doing and yet what others think keep you in check from launching out into these dreams and ideas you have?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

How about you share your answers to some of these thoughtful questions you are asking others to answer.

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

Oh I thought the purpose was for you to ask people at the board if they were guilty of the sin of sloth. You asked I answered it. I said sloth is not my sin and I have fulfilled my dream job. You speculated that the sloth sin might cause depression I agreed. I think I have discussed it in the intention you mean't.

1. Sounds about right.
2. So whats your dream job, or don't you have one yet?
3. Its never too late to dream one up you know.
4. Could be my dream jobs what I'm starting now, and what I do now, is just a stop gap for better things.
5. And it could be that my egg roll business idea might be something to help another person with thier dreams too.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
01-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sounds about right.
2. So whats your dream job, or don't you have one yet?
3. Its never too late to dream one up you know.
4. Could be my dream jobs what I'm starting now, and what I do now, is just a stop gap for better things.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You listed 10 questions, do you want to answer any of them with your own opinion?

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Sorry bout that,

How about you share your answers to some of these thoughtful questions you are asking others to answer.

1. Sure, when we get more people interested in this thread.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
01-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. And who do you know personally like this, to draw such conclusions?
2. Oh isn't this thread about sloth?
3. Also isn't it commonly reported that politicians don't need the money, but seek the power?
4. Politics isn't a business, its supposed to be a service.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I was responding more to Boogeyman than anything else. But if the shoe fits...

I tend to procrastinate, is that sloth? I'm not depressed. I kinda enjoy sitting around doing nothing except surfin the internet.

Politicians are professional con artists. They have already acquired lots of money or they use their positions to acquire lots of money. Once they have all the money they need the next goal is power over others. At some point your not making money to live on and greed takes the place of need.

Politics is suppose to be a service. It's now just a business. Why do you think so many of them make long careers of politics. They all make a lot more than the salaries they draw.

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Sorry bout that,

I was responding more to Boogeyman than anything else. But if the shoe fits...

1. So you don't actually know anyone who fits the description?

I tend to procrastinate, is that sloth? I'm not depressed. I kinda enjoy sitting around doing nothing except surfin the internet.

2. No ones calling you a sloth here, but when you feel like you are not in the pursuit of life, it maybe possible, you are slipping into slothfulness, which can lead to depression. In general terms.

Politicians are professional con artists. They have already acquired lots of money or they use their positions to acquire lots of money. Once they have all the money they need the next goal is power over others. At some point your not making money to live on and greed takes the place of need.

3. Maybe you compare greed to politicians, which self serve?
Easy to see that all over America. The old mayor here Granger I think her name is, she is now in the senate, I don't want to beat up on her, but she is doing very very well now, scary well for a service job in politics.

Politics is suppose to be a service. It's now just a business. Why do you think so many of them make long careers of politics. They all make a lot more than the salaries they draw.

4. Yeah its all there for the taking, its why many people are so turned off by politics now, I being one.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

BoogyMan
01-02-2010, 09:00 PM

That logic doesn't work, Gaffer. What other reason would one start a new business other than to make more money? Labeling that as greed is asinine. There is just too much involved to make such a ridiculous blanket statement.

chesswarsnow
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Be a good lad, get busy do something with your life.
2. Same goes for you gals.
3. Don't think you can't do something, you can.
4. Don't just follow the crowd, make your own way, this is America, you can do it.
5. Thats how this Nation got so great!
6. Not by hangers on, just trying to get by to see another day in some soup line, you know what I'm saying.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
01-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

*CWN Proverbs*

1. So take care not to be a sloth.
2. Slothfulness will get you nowhere, being a sloth, makes you unable to reach out your hand, even a little to better yourself, when you need a thing, that would bennifit you as a whole, or your people.
3. Set out with goals each time you wake up.
4. Think of what you need to do that day, and get busy doing it.
5. Make plans for the future, long term goals.
6. Do not get stagnated in some job you don't really want to do, find out what you really want out of life, and find a way to make it your reality.
7. Don't let what others think about your dreams stop you.
8. Allowing others to determine your life style and work, is the last thing you should ever want to allow.
9. Self start, stop waiting for some one else to start it for you.
10. Struggle and fight for the things you want to accomplish with your life.
11. Taking the easy way out, isn't anywhere as rewarding as doing it the hard way, perhaps it won't be as hard as you thought it would be, do it your way.
12. Risk takers reap the rewards, while playing it safe drives you like cattle, to a trough where some one else tells you when to drink.
13. Is part of my *doing enough* doing this, and is part of your *doing enough* learning and applying what I'm writing about?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas