PDA

View Full Version : Michaela Roser Survived a Near-Death Experience

-Cp
01-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Interesting read:
http://www.aolhealth.com/health/back-from-dead?ncid=webmaildl3

Also interesting to point out is that I know of NO "dead and back again" stories of folks talking how they felt this life was all there is to it.

One would think, since atheists and scientists "have it all figured out" - we're evolved pond-scum - that people would not talk about "the other side" etc...

chloe
01-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Interesting read:

Also interesting to point out is that I know of NO "dead and back again" stories of folks talking how they felt this life was all there is to it.

One would think, since atheists and scientists "have it all figured out" - that we're evolved pond-scum that people would not talk about "the other side" etc...

That is a good point I never really thought about it.

bullypulpit
01-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Interesting read:

One would think, since atheists and scientists "have it all figured out" - we're evolved pond-scum - that people would not talk about "the other side" etc...

He, and others who have experienced near death experiences, are describing subjective internal states which cannot be empirically, independently and repeatably verified. The similarity of these experiences is attributed, by researchers, to the effect that anoxia has on the brain.

PostmodernProphet
01-09-2010, 07:58 AM
bully's going to have to wait for his own post-death experience before he chooses.....

Noir
01-09-2010, 10:41 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqDZUCMgf5Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqDZUCMgf5Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

xD

Noir
01-09-2010, 10:48 AM
On a more srs note, i have had dreams at night where i am outside my body ect, so there is nothing new about that, and i know that when i've been to the dentist ect and under gas i've had similar sensations, this women had just gone through a massive trauma and was being pumped full of drugs when these visions happened, any surprise?

Really? What about all the near dead people in commas who come out of them and remember nothing, sometimes not even the accident they were involved in.
The reason those prob didn't come to mind is that there is not story as such except "I was in a comma for two years, during which i experienced nothing" hardly a news selling story,

One would think, since atheists and scientists "have it all figured out" - we're evolved pond-scum - that people would not talk about "the other side"

Where did you get the "have it all figured out" quote from? I have never heard a signle scientist ever say "we have it all figured out". And who's to say its "the other side" and not just a nice dream?

chloe
01-09-2010, 01:38 PM
bully's going to have to wait for his own post-death experience before he chooses.....

:laugh2:

-Cp
01-09-2010, 04:36 PM
On a more srs note, i have had dreams at night where i am outside my body ect, so there is nothing new about that, and i know that when i've been to the dentist ect and under gas i've had similar sensations, this women had just gone through a massive trauma and was being pumped full of drugs when these visions happened, any surprise?

Just lay off the crack then..

Really? What about all the near dead people in commas who come out of them and remember nothing, sometimes not even the accident they were involved in.
The reason those prob didn't come to mind is that there is not story as such except "I was in a comma for two years, during which i experienced nothing" hardly a news selling story,

:link::link::link:

Where did you get the "have it all figured out" quote from? I have never heard a signle scientist ever say "we have it all figured out". And who's to say its "the other side" and not just a nice dream?

Because they spout crap about Evolution and billions of years as if its fact rather than a "best guess"...

Noir
01-09-2010, 04:56 PM

Lulz, i don't take any drugs, you need to lay off the bullshit. Do you take drugs? Assuming the answer is no, do you have dreams?

Thats the point, there is no news story when nothing happens to someone, there are only news stories and videos ect made when somthing 'holy' has happened =/

Because they spout crap about Evolution and billions of years as if its fact rather than a "best guess"...

As i thought you have no direct source for "have it all figured out", inwhich case you should have put it in single quotes, i.e. 'have it all figured out' no?

Gaffer
01-09-2010, 05:00 PM

Evolution and billions of years IS fact.

-Cp
01-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Evolution and billions of years IS fact.

You have no proof to back up that claim..

Noir
01-09-2010, 05:04 PM

Hold the bus, i can understand the not believing in evolution thingy, but the billions of years denail...are you a 'young earth' believer?

-Cp
01-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Hold the bus, i can understand the not believing in evolution thingy, but the billions of years denail...are you a 'young earth' believer?

Why wouldn't I be?

Noir
01-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Why wouldn't I be?

Wow, thats a full on mindmelter, i hate negitive answer, so is that a yes or a no?

Gaffer
01-09-2010, 05:46 PM

Your the one without proof. Basic geology will tell you all you need to know. The earth is not the center of the universe. The dinosaurs died off 65 million years ago and the book of genesis is mythology.

-Cp
01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Your the one without proof. Basic geology will tell you all you need to know. The earth is not the center of the universe. The dinosaurs died off 65 million years ago and the book of genesis is mythology.

I'm well aware we all have the same evidence in geology....