PDA

View Full Version : *I Knew A Indian In L.A.*

chesswarsnow
01-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah it was Silverlake Calif.
2. We used to go to the same night club.
3. He didn't drive, and his girl friend used to pick him up from downtown near the bus station, where he lived in some cheap hotel looking building.
4. We got to know each other at the bar.
5. This guy was not a stupid person, can't even remember his name now, he didn't have a job, he recieved a govenment check, which paid his rent, food and booze I suppose.
6. John I think was his first name, something like White Cloud was his last, if I remember correctly.
7. His dream was very simple, all he wanted was to set up a news paper stand down town L.A.
8. I said , then whats holding you back man?
9. He didn't know how to build one, or something like that.
10. Anyway, I told hm I would build him one, so I did, I also had a truck, so I delivered it downtown where he wanted to set it up.
11. The store which we set it off at snatched it up, and we didn't know at first what happened to it.
12. We found out though, that we should of contacted them beforehand, and told then our intent.
13. Anyways, he was able to get them to release it, and they moved it across the street, he could still be down there as far as I know.
14. I moved from Calif. in the late 1980's.
15. He would be in his early 50's right now.
16. Agnus~John,...is that you old buddy?:eek:
17. As I think on it, he was anti-gov. too.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

HogTrash
01-04-2010, 10:30 AM
I was in Marine Corp boot camp with an injun name Skeet, straight off the reservation...Apache or Navajo I think?

We would run for many miles in the southern california sand and heat and it didn't seem to faze him in the least bit.

He never sucked wind or broke a sweat while the rest of us would be in agony and puking...I asked him why it didn't bother him.

He told me on the reservation they turned their ponies out to open range during the winter and retrieved them in the spring.

Skeet said they would be a little wild when it came time to round them up so they would have to run them down on foot.

He said a horse could outrun a man of course so you had to set a pace and chase them untill they got tired and surrendered...LOL!

PS; By the end of MC boot camp we all ran like Skeet.

glockmail
01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
I have a friend, we call him Rocky, who's part Cherokee from his dad's side. When he was 16 he asked his father if he could have a Corvette, and the old man said "yes".

Knowing his family wasn't exactly wealthy he asked "how". The old man told him to find out how much it cost to buy and own, then develop a plan to make that kind of money, then buy it.

Rocky's dad then took him on as an apprentice in his electrician business and he made enough money in a few months to buy an old one which he fixed up, sold and used the money to buy a second and so on. Rockey learned how to be an electrician, an auto mechanic, a salesman as well as one of the most talented businessmen I've ever known. In fact he guest teaches at a local college on developing sound business plans.