PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports - Madden 10. Dynamic ads

darin
01-04-2010, 04:48 PM
yes, I'm a 37 year old Video game player. :(

But -

Recently, on games of Madden, I've been getting pop-up ads for other EA games and now Geico. I've emailed EA asking WTF? Below (read from bottom to top) is my exchange so far.

Recently I've been seeing pre-snap banner ads. I want to know how to disable ...
Customer
01/04/2010 01:34 PM

Unacceptable. The snickers, etc, ads as part of the background or various labels is part of the game. The dynamic pre-snap pop up and down ads are not. Please help me either remove the ads from my game, or help me secure a refund. Unlike radio, TV, or Print outlets, Ads do not dynamically appear, change, etc. When I purchased the game there were none. Now the ads are there AND changing to suit EA's advertising weenies' discretion. I paid YOU for your game - now you're double-dipping my selling MY TV space for your ads.
Response (Charles N.)
01/04/2010 10:51 AM

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

The ad's that appear in game are part of then in game advertising in the game. Like most television, radio and print outlets, Electronic Arts accepts advertising from credible sources.

Thank you,

Charles N
EA Online Support
Response (Roger)
01/03/2010 02:55 AM

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Electronic Arts customer support.

To assist you in correct manner we are forwarding your issue to next level of CSRs for further review. They will get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Thank you,

Roger
EA Online Support
Customer
01/01/2010 02:48 PM

Recently I've been seeing pre-snap banner ads. I want to know how to disable this. I wasn't bothered enough to contact you when the ads were for Madden stuff - but now I'm getting Geico ads. This is an outrage - I paid YOU for the game - I did NOT pay you to be subjected to pop-up or live banner ads, etc. The Snickers stuff was fine - but these dynamic ads are beyond the pale. Please assist me in removing them, or help me with securing a refund of my purchase.

Should I be a little pissed off at this? The way I see it, had the stupid ads been part of the game from day one, or been part of some agreement I made to purchase, OR had I got a price break, I'd be fine. But to shove more advertising on me after I've already paid? blah.

Abbey Marie
01-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I bought this- Wii version- for my husband for Christmas. I'm going to ask him if he's noticed the ads.

dan
01-16-2010, 03:35 PM
As far as ads on the field, I can let that slide, because if anything, it makes it more realistic (unfortunately), but I haven't played a Madden game in years, so I don't know how intrusive the ads have become.