PDA

View Full Version : hula hoop battle

Trigg
01-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Well my youngest son has his first shiner.

Apparently he was in gym class and they were using hula hoops to jump over like jump ropes. He somehow stepped on it and it came back and smacked him in the eye. It's black and blue with a hint of red on the outside.

Poor little guy, the new year is starting off a little rough for him.

Nukeman
01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Get that hippie a hair cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glockmail
01-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Things have changed. I got my first from some other kid's fist. I probably got in more fights myself than all of the fights that happen were my kids go to school.

Nukeman
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Things have changed. I got my first from some other kid's fist. I probably got in more fights myself than all of the fights that happen were my kids go to school.
He is only in second grade. in fact all his buddies asked what happend instead of who did you get in fight with!!!!

MtnBiker
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
"I fought the hoop and the hoop won"

I hope the little guy heals soon!

glockmail
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
He is only in second grade. in fact all his buddies asked what happend instead of who did you get in fight with!!!! I think in 2nd grade I only got in two fights.

HogTrash
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
It looks like he bobbed when he should of weaved.

What does the other "hoolahoop accident" look like?

Trigg
01-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I think in 2nd grade I only got in two fights.

geez you must have been some tough little kid. My oldest, a junior, hasn't even been in a real fist fight

Mr. P
01-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Has the law suite been filed yet? Looks like at least a two million dollar boo-boo to me. :poke:

Kathianne
01-04-2010, 07:25 PM

Apparently he was in gym class and they were using hula hoops to jump over like jump ropes. He somehow stepped on it and it came back and smacked him in the eye. It's black and blue with a hint of red on the outside.

I feel his pain! I was 7, the Saturday before making 'First Communion." Playing with pogo stick on sidewalk. I po'd, it go'd. Black eye! Big one. My mom put on 'pancake make-up', so I looked doubly weird.

I was proud of it though, said I was in a fight. :laugh2:

Trigg
01-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Has the law suite been filed yet? Looks like at least a two million dollar boo-boo to me. :poke:

lol, the sad thing is, I'm sure someone has probably tried to sue for this type of accident.

We'll see if the colors change to more brilliant hues, I'll have to post an updated picture tomorrow if it looks worse.

Trigg
01-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I feel his pain! I was 7, the Saturday before making 'First Communion." Playing with pogo stick on sidewalk. I po'd, it go'd. Black eye! Big one. My mom put on 'pancake make-up', so I looked doubly weird.

I was proud of it though, said I was in a fight. :laugh2:

I was about the same age and went running down the hall to my room, it required a sharp left turn, which of course I didn't make. I blacked BOTH my eyes, I have the picture in the family album.

Kathianne
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
I was about the same age and went running down the hall to my room, it required a sharp left turn, which of course I didn't make. I blacked BOTH my eyes, I have the picture in the family album.

LOL! While it still makes me laugh, I think my mom's trouble with doors was probably a function of the coming strokes. Around her mid-60's, she kept having problems opening doors, then running into them. 3 times this happened, each time involving hitting her nose, with two black eyes, each time. We laughed at the time.

Once, would really have been cause for humor, second and third time, we probably should have noticed this very athletic woman was running into difficulties.

glockmail
01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
geez you must have been some tough little kid. My oldest, a junior, hasn't even been in a real fist fightThat's just the way it was back then, which is my point. Guys gave me shit because my family had moved into town from an adjacent town and my parents had the gall to be from a rival town. I started kindergarten in the new town but I had siblings 5, 6 and 7 years older. The townies gave them shit which was not accepted so their younger siblings then tried to give it to me. After all shit flows downhill. Teachers would simply say "take it outside" which we of course did.

Ones that were my size weren't much of a problem but after I'd get the better of them their older brothers would want retribution, which I denied them as well, just in a different manner.

Jeff
01-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Both of my little ones have had several black eyes, some before they started school, they are so close in age, they have been fighting each other since they could walk

glockmail
01-04-2010, 07:53 PM
There you go. I'll be you and Jim had some pretty good fights. :laugh2:

Jeff
01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
There you go. I'll be you and Jim had some pretty good fights. :laugh2:

Not to much actually, I was the oldest so I was off doing my thing while my siblings did theirs, I had plenty of fights with others, don't get me wrong as kids we did fight ,but Jim was quite a bit younger than I am

glockmail
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Not to much actually, I was the oldest so I was off doing my thing while my siblings did theirs, I had plenty of fights with others, don't get me wrong as kids we did fight ,but Jim was quite a bit younger than I am Same here, except it was my brother who was a lot older, seven years to be exact. He did beat on me once and I offered to return the favor in front of his friends about five years ago at his daughter's, er, "celebration", and then again last summer at our niece's wedding. :lol:

Jeff
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Same here, except it was my brother who was a lot older, seven years to be exact. He did beat on me once and I offered to return the favor in front of his friends about five years ago at his daughter's, er, "celebration", and then again last summer at our niece's wedding. :lol:

:laugh2::laugh2: sounds like y'all get along well, LOL

Noir
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
lol, must have been quite a knock.
I do believe I've never had a black eye, that being said over only been in two fights, on of which was a walk over and the other of which was more body blows than head hits. Anyways, my hands are for loving, not fighting,

jimnyc
01-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Both of my little ones have had several black eyes, some before they started school, they are so close in age, they have been fighting each other since they could walk

And it wouldn't surprise me if they started even earlier. That's 2 tough little bastards!

glockmail
01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
:laugh2::laugh2: sounds like y'all get along well, LOL The er, "celebration" was a hoot. Very few of his daughter's friends eat meat and he didn't plan for that so there was this huge pile of steaks at the buffet table. This emaciated looking couple in front of me edged around it like it was radioactive, which of course gave me the opportunity to say "red meat!" and grab two. His oldest son has "no war" tattooed on his chest and is an anarchist so of course I had to give all 6'-4" 120# of him a few friendly jabs. Very few of the women on "that side" took care of or colored their hair which gave them a gray, frizzy look and my sisters remarked several times to each other "gee, you think we should give them some conditioner?"

NONE of these people danced to the deejay's tunes or even requested anything so we pretty much had the run of the place and closed it down for them.

Funny how libs claim to be so hip and with it and all but these folks were the dullest most sick looking folks that I've seen.

Jeff
01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
The er, "celebration" was a hoot. Very few of his daughter's friends eat meat and he didn't plan for that so there was this huge pile of steaks at the buffet table. This emaciated looking couple in front of me edged around it like it was radioactive, which of course gave me the opportunity to say "red meat!" and grab two. His oldest son has "no war" tattooed on his chest and is an anarchist so of course I had to give all 6'-4" 120# of him a few friendly jabs. Very few of the women on "that side" took care of or colored their hair which gave them a gray, frizzy look and my sisters remarked several times to each other "gee, you think we should give them some conditioner?"

NONE of these people danced to the deejay's tunes or even requested anything so we pretty much had the run of the place and closed it down for them.

Funny how libs claim to be so hip and with it and all but these folks were the dullest most sick looking folks that I've seen.

LMAO, sounds like a fun party, LOL

glockmail
01-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Every time I go back to Massachusetts for one of these family events I make 'em wish they've never invited me. Last time I was debating politics with my sister's 24 year old son and he got so mad he started this pinching game with me which I didn't exactly appreciate (he gave me bruises in the back of my arms that took about 6 weeks to heal). Of course along with being half my age he outweighs me by about 40 pounds and none of it is fat. So I pushed him into one of the tent poles which rocked the whole tent and I got right in his face and said loud enough for lots to hear that if he couldn't handle a political discussion then I'd be more than happy to take it out back like real men none of this pinching shit but I guarantee that none of his relatives would be happy about it.

Jeff
01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Every time I go back to Massachusetts for one of these family events I make 'em wish they've never invited me. Last time I was debating politics with my sister's 24 year old son and he got so mad he started this pinching game with me which I didn't exactly appreciate (he gave me bruises in the back of my arms that took about 6 weeks to heal). Of course along with being half my age he outweighs me by about 40 pounds and none of it is fat. So I pushed him into one of the tent poles which rocked the whole tent and I got right in his face and said loud enough for lots to hear that if he couldn't handle a political discussion then I'd be more than happy to take it out back like real men none of this pinching shit but I guarantee that none of his relatives would be happy about it.

LOL, Mass , damn , that is a fun place to begin with, sounds like ya have relatives that fit in up there, LOL Young kids nowadays have this belief that they know everything, some have to go to the school of hard knocks,

chloe
01-04-2010, 09:32 PM

looks like a good shiner !

Trigg
01-06-2010, 06:09 AM
Well here is a new pic... Its a lot less swollen but much more colorful. He also wanted everyone to see his new dog (Trevor)..

Jeff
01-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Trigg Tell the little fellow he has a good looking dog, and I hope his eye gets better real soon

Abbey Marie
01-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Aww, hope he feels better soon!

Trigg
01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Trigg Tell the little fellow he has a good looking dog, and I hope his eye gets better real soon

Thanks, the dog is from a rescue, we picked him up about a month ago.

Trigg
01-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Aww, hope he feels better soon!

It isn't bothering him much. I'm just glad it happened at school and not home. This way I don't have to explain to the school why my 7yr old has a black eye.

I'm not taking him shopping until it clears up, I don't want to get that "what bad parents" look.

Abbey Marie
01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
It isn't bothering him much. I'm just glad it happened at school and not home. This way I don't have to explain to the school why my 7yr old has a black eye.

I'm not taking him shopping until it clears up, I don't want to get that "what bad parents" look.

Good plan, Trigg.

Monkeybone
01-06-2010, 02:36 PM
got his ass kicked by a hula hoop... why to raise a pansy Trigg.

and yes take him out and at intervals yell at him " You want one to match?!?!?!?!?!?!!"

AFbombloader
01-07-2010, 11:48 PM
It's ok Trigg, we all know what really happened.:poke:

Abbey Marie
01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Loving the avatar, AFB. :beer:

chloe
01-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Well here is a new pic... Its a lot less swollen but much more colorful. He also wanted everyone to see his new dog (Trevor)..

Your son is cute! what is the dogs name, did he get the dog for christmas?

Trigg
01-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Your son is cute! what is the dogs name, did he get the dog for christmas?

The dog's name is Trevor we got him from a rescue he's about 7 months old.

He wasn't for Christmas. I'd been looking for a younger dog for a while. Our older dog is 11 years old and I'm not sure how much longer he'll be with us because he's starting to have issues with his hips and hearing.

chloe
01-08-2010, 05:42 PM
The dog's name is Trevor we got him from a rescue he's about 7 months old.

He wasn't for Christmas. I'd been looking for a younger dog for a while. Our older dog is 11 years old and I'm not sure how much longer he'll be with us because he's starting to have issues with his hips and hearing.

Oh that's nice that he has a companion now, our family dog died last spring I felt real bad about it. Your older dog might improve in health just having a companion, do the 2 dogs get along well?

Trigg
01-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Oh that's nice that he has a companion now, our family dog died last spring I felt real bad about it. Your older dog might improve in health just having a companion, do the 2 dogs get along well?

Oh ya they get along great. That was one of the main things I looked for in a new dog. I didn't want my older dog getting stressed with a pupply. Luckily the puppy is only about 40 pounds and my older one tops out at 100, so the puppy backs right down when the old man gets tired of playing.

Everyone will be distroyed when he dies especially the kids, we've had him as long as they can remember.

chloe
01-08-2010, 07:16 PM
yeah I felt devastated about my dog. I've been looking online at the local shelter at dogs but its probably not a good time for me to get one I have 3 cats because I ended up taking in my ex husbands cat and alreayd had 2 of my own.

Trigg
01-08-2010, 07:20 PM
yeah I felt devastated about my dog. I've been looking online at the local shelter at dogs but its probably not a good time for me to get one I have 3 cats because I ended up taking in my ex husbands cat and alreayd had 2 of my own.

When your ready, look for rescues in the area, places that have taken dogs out of shelters and have actually raised them in a home for a while. You get a better idea of the temperment of a dog that's been in a house.

chloe
01-08-2010, 07:22 PM
When your ready, look for rescues in the area, places that have taken dogs out of shelters and have actually raised them in a home for a while. You get a better idea of the temperment of a dog that's been in a house.

I never thought of that but its a good idea thanks !

glockmail
01-10-2010, 06:59 PM
When your ready, look for rescues in the area, places that have taken dogs out of shelters and have actually raised them in a home for a while. You get a better idea of the temperment of a dog that's been in a house. That's a good idea, but I got my dog from a local rescue because she and I just clicked. There was at least ten dogs to choose from in an open pen and she was caged up away from the others, being a "jumper" and couldn't be trusted with the others. I knelled down and looked in, our eyes met and that was that.

Sometimes you just know.