PDA

View Full Version : Palin: It’s War, not a Crime Spree

stephanie
01-05-2010, 04:17 PM
oh oh, this is going to make the lefts head spin around and possibly pop off..look for rabid spittle spew from Olbermann and Chrissy Matthews in a day or two..:thumb:

A strong statement from the People's Governor:

President Obama’s meeting with his top national security advisers does nothing to change the fact that his fundamental approach to terrorism is fatally flawed. We are at war with radical Islamic extremists and treating this threat as a law enforcement issue is dangerous for our nation’s security. That’s what happened in the 1990s and we saw the result on September 11, 2001. This is a war on terror not an “overseas contingency operation.” Acts of terrorism are just that, not “man caused disasters.” The system did not work. Abdulmutallab was a child of privilege radicalized and trained by organized jihadists, not an “isolated extremist” who traveled to a land of “crushing poverty.” He is an enemy of the United States, not just another criminal defendant.

It simply makes no sense to treat an al Qaeda-trained operative willing to die in the course of massacring hundreds of people as a common criminal. Reports indicate that Abdulmutallab stated there were many more like him in Yemen but that he stopped talking once he was read his Miranda rights. President Obama’s advisers lamely claim Abdulmutallab might be willing to agree to a plea bargain – pretty doubtful you can cut a deal with a suicide bomber. John Brennan, the President’s top counterterrorism adviser, bizarrely claimed “there are no downsides or upsides” to treating terrorists as enemy combatants. That is absurd. There is a very serious downside to treating them as criminals: terrorists invoke their “right” to remain silent and stop talking. Terrorists don’t tell us where they were trained, what they were trained in, who they were trained by, and who they were trained with. Giving foreign-born, foreign-trained terrorists the right to remain silent does nothing to keep Americans safe from terrorist threats. It only gives our enemies access to courtrooms where they can publicly grandstand, and to defense attorneys who can manipulate the legal process to gain access to classified information.

President Obama was right to change his policy and decide to send no more detainees to Yemen where they can be free to rejoin their war on America. Now he must back off his reckless plan to close Guantanamo, begin treating terrorists as wartime enemies not suspects alleged to have committed crimes, and recognize that the real nature of the terrorist threat requires a commander-in-chief, not a constitutional law professor.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2010/01/palin_its_war_not_a_crime_spre.asp

Gaffer
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I like what she says there. I do hope she decides to run.

HogTrash
01-05-2010, 05:08 PM
You gotta love her. :clap:

Gaffer
01-05-2010, 05:21 PM
All she has to do is stay ahead of the herd of rino's that will be thundering behind her. The most liberal of them will be the media darling.

stephanie
01-05-2010, 05:51 PM
All she has to do is stay ahead of the herd of rino's that will be thundering behind her. The most liberal of them will be the media darling.

yep, the Republican that the STATE RUN media ENDORSES is the one we run from as fast as we can...

and of course we know they can't stand Sarah Palin, so what does that tell ya..:thumb:

Gaffer
01-05-2010, 06:15 PM
yep, the Republican that the STATE RUN media ENDORSES is the one we run from as fast as we can...

and of course we know they can't stand Sarah Palin, so what does that tell ya..:thumb:

It tells me who I'll vote for. :thumb:

stephanie
01-05-2010, 06:21 PM
It tells me who I'll vote for. :thumb:

you betcha!:cheers2:

Kathianne
01-05-2010, 09:04 PM
She'll not be my choice, but she nails this:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NGQ3MWY3MzkzNDM0MWU0NzIwN2VkNDkyYTg4MTM1NWM=

...Abdulmutallab was a child of privilege radicalized and trained by organized jihadists, not an “isolated extremist” who traveled to a land of “crushing poverty.” He is an enemy of the United States, not just another criminal defendant.

It simply makes no sense to treat an al Qaeda-trained operative willing to die in the course of massacring hundreds of people as a common criminal. Reports indicate that Abdulmutallab stated there were many more like him in Yemen but that he stopped talking once he was read his Miranda rights. President Obama’s advisers lamely claim Abdulmutallab might be willing to agree to a plea bargain – pretty doubtful you can cut a deal with a suicide bomber. John Brennan, the President’s top counterterrorism adviser, bizarrely claimed “there are no downsides or upsides” to treating terrorists as enemy combatants. That is absurd. There is a very serious downside to treating them as criminals: terrorists invoke their “right” to remain silent and stop talking. Terrorists don’t tell us where they were trained, what they were trained in, who they were trained by, and who they were trained with. Giving foreign-born, foreign-trained terrorists the right to remain silent does nothing to keep Americans safe from terrorist threats. It only gives our enemies access to courtrooms where they can publicly grandstand, and to defense attorneys who can manipulate the legal process to gain access to classified information....

Little-Acorn
01-05-2010, 09:06 PM
The Republican party needs an active, dynamic, well-spoken conservative leader. Palin certainly scores on the first three requirements. But is she a conservative? Will she work hard and effectively for smaller government, less intrusion, and fiscal responsibility?

How do we know?

HogTrash
01-05-2010, 09:23 PM
She'll not be my choice, but she nails this:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NGQ3MWY3MzkzNDM0MWU0NzIwN2VkNDkyYTg4MTM1NWM=She 's the most intelligent, honest, sincere and down to earth political power house on the American scene.

She may not even be a candidate but she will be building a conservative party and pulling the political strings.

stephanie
01-05-2010, 09:37 PM
The Republican party needs an active, dynamic, well-spoken conservative leader. Palin certainly scores on the first three requirements. But is she a conservative? Will she work hard and effectively for smaller government, less intrusion, and fiscal responsibility?

How do we know?

Do some research on her record as mayor and Governor then you can decide..

cat slave
01-06-2010, 02:50 AM
You gotta love her. :clap:

Sarah rocks. I love her!!!!

As for Gitmo prisoners....throw them out...lock the doors and let them swim
home. Dont take anymore prisoners...shoot and be done with it.

bullypulpit
01-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Funny how no one on the right...or left...said boo when the BUSH administration had Richard Reid tried in the criminal courts. You remember...the Shoe Bomber from December 2001...A foreigner with no constitutional rights got a trial under US law and was sentenced to life in prison. Y'all have pathetically, and conveniently, short memories.

As for Sarah Palin...just another right wing-nut populist wannabe and political wind-sock.

bullypulpit
01-06-2010, 05:35 AM
She's the most intelligent, honest, sincere and down to earth political power house on the American scene.

She may not even be a candidate but she will be building a conservative party and pulling the political strings.

Ooooh...Damn. You gotta quit huffin carb-cleaner and get out more.

Kathianne
01-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Funny how no one on the right...or left...said boo when the BUSH administration had Richard Reid tried in the criminal courts. You remember...the Shoe Bomber from December 2001...A foreigner with no constitutional rights got a trial under US law and was sentenced to life in prison. Y'all have pathetically, and conveniently, short memories.

As for Sarah Palin...just another right wing-nut populist wannabe and political wind-sock.

Funny how you pretend not to know that trial along with the blind sheik's both made a mockery of the system. There weren't the military tribunals set up, that came only much later, as I figure you know.

Holder couldn't answer the question put to him of why the criminal system is more appropriate than the military tribunals, since that was the historical answer to such incidents during war. Check out what FDR ordered.

red states rule
01-06-2010, 08:25 AM

BP, bottom line is this country needs a Commander in Chief running the military not a damn law professor

So you keep sprewing your insults, as your party screws things things up

We wil pick up the pieces and actually offer a clear alternative to the voters. This time next year I suspect your anger will be greater but you post more since the power will shift

You will go back to attack dog and like you have since Obama was elected - you offer nothing of substance except the DNC approved talking points

bullypulpit
01-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Funny how you pretend not to know that trial along with the blind sheik's both made a mockery of the system. There weren't the military tribunals set up, that came only much later, as I figure you know.

Holder couldn't answer the question put to him of why the criminal system is more appropriate than the military tribunals, since that was the historical answer to such incidents during war. Check out what FDR ordered.

Funny how both the "blind sheik" and Richard Reid are still in prison, no?

We tried it with the military for 8 long years under the Bush administration...Where is Osama? The only convictions secured were in civilian courts. Which system works then?

God, Kathy stop being such a tool.

glockmail
01-06-2010, 09:10 PM

We tried it with the military for 8 long years under the Bush administration...Where is Osama? The only convictions secured were in civilian courts. Which system works then?

How come Chimpy Obama can't find Osama? I guess he doesn't want to, being of the same persuasion.

Gaffer
01-06-2010, 09:31 PM

Says the tool.

Kathianne
01-06-2010, 09:58 PM

So Bully, where were the failures with military tribunals? With that long list, why couldn't Holder answer the question?

HogTrash
01-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Ooooh...Damn. You gotta quit huffin carb-cleaner and get out more.It's obvious you're just another one of the suckers who bought into the leftwing media hype and smear campaign.

"I can see russia from my window"!.....Ain't that right einstein?...Whata gullible moron!

stephanie
01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
How funny to see the lefties all panicked and insulting, which is what happens when they see they are LOSING ..remember when they were laughing in our face after the little Marxist won...

what a difference a YEAR MAKES...:lmao:

bullypulpit
01-07-2010, 05:22 AM
So Bully, where were the failures with military tribunals? With that long list, why couldn't Holder answer the question?

Where are their convictions? The failure to secure any convictions under military tribunals at GITMO, despite the attempts by the Bush administration to circumvent the rule of law and establish an extra-legal judicial system there, seems a pretty glaring failure.

Given that the only convictions secured have been in civilian courts seems to be a vindication of the US legal system and the rule of law which you, apparently, have little faith in. Perhaps that's why Mr. Holder didn't answer any question. (P.S. - It would help if you provided a link to said question so I could more adequately address it)

Omar Abdel-Rahman, his co-conspirators (all 9 of them) and Richard Reid were tried, convicted and sentenced in US criminal courts. They're still in prison. Where's Osama bin Laden? Why did the Bush administration fail to capture or kill him or any of his top lieutenants, let alone bring them to trial for their crimes?

bullypulpit
01-07-2010, 05:26 AM
How funny to see the lefties all panicked and insulting, which is what happens when they see they are LOSING ..remember when they were laughing in our face after the little Marxist won...

Panick...? Where...? It's the GOP right wing-nut noise machine that's busy wetting its pants in terror over some shmuck setting his genitals on fire. Insulting...not particularly. Just callin' it like I see it.

bullypulpit
01-07-2010, 05:27 AM
It's obvious you're just another one of the suckers who bought into the leftwing media hype and smear campaign.

"I can see russia from my window"!.....Ain't that right einstein?...Whata gullible moron!

Ahhh...Another pithy comment from an unwashed mass.

Kathianne
01-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Where are their convictions? The failure to secure any convictions under military tribunals at GITMO, despite the attempts by the Bush administration to circumvent the rule of law and establish an extra-legal judicial system there, seems a pretty glaring failure.

Given that the only convictions secured have been in civilian courts seems to be a vindication of the US legal system and the rule of law which you, apparently, have little faith in. Perhaps that's why Mr. Holder didn't answer any question. (P.S. - It would help if you provided a link to said question so I could more adequately address it)

Omar Abdel-Rahman, his co-conspirators (all 9 of them) and Richard Reid were tried, convicted and sentenced in US criminal courts. They're still in prison. Where's Osama bin Laden? Why did the Bush administration fail to capture or kill him or any of his top lieutenants, let alone bring them to trial for their crimes?

Hamden was released. There were 265 waiting after the courts said that military tribunals were ok. How many were held, Bully?

As for top al Queda killed, oh why not take a look? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=top+al+quaeda+killed+osama+how+many%3F+&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

sgtdmski
01-07-2010, 05:54 AM

You must have been watching Chris Matthews, same complaint he was making. Unfortunately, President Bush did not have that option. At the time Richard Reid was caught there was no law in place to try him as an unlawful enemy combatant. That law was not passed by Congress until 2006.

For President Bush to have tried Richard Reid in any other way would have violated the law.

So tell Bully what is President Obama's excuse. Why is he unwilling to enforce a law passed by the majority of Congress??? Is he ignorant of the law or just unwilling to enforce it????

Bush did not have the option, Obama does, so why is he not using it???? Smells like cowardice to me. But what else can u expect from a President who bows to every other nation in the world!!!!!

dmk

sgtdmski
01-07-2010, 05:58 AM

Actually only the last two years were done the military way. norantAnother statement that shows how little u know what is going on in the world. Quit watching MSNBC and learn to think for yourself. Relying on Chris and Keith makes u seem ignorant or at the least ill informed.

dmk

sgtdmski
01-07-2010, 06:06 AM

But at least they have something to brag about. They can be proud that their messiah has finally made history and accomplished something. The first President since the history of polls to finish his first year in office with an approval rating below 50%.

I think we should all give the President a standing ovation for finally accomplishing something!!!!!!

dmk

sgtdmski
01-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Ooooh...Damn. You gotta quit huffin carb-cleaner and get out more.

And what are u huffin? Ur messiah has seen his numbers crash and burn. Going from a popular president to one that is failing miserably, bowing to every nation he comes across and making a fool of himself every time he meets a head of state.

So much for that experience we heard so much about in the campaign. I am still waiting for him to demonstrate some! Thus far, compared to the messiah, the poor PTA member, Sarah Palin looks like a grizzly old veteran.

Tell me how many more heads of state will BO bow to????

dmk