PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi tells C-SPAN: 'There has never been a more open process'

Little-Acorn
01-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I must admit, I'm at a loss for words after this one. I literally don't know what to say. (unusual for me!)

What planet is this woman living on?

"If you tell a big enough lie, and repeat it often enough, people will believe it, and it will become the truth."
- Josef Goebbels, Adolf Hitler's Propaganda Minister

--------------------------

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/74389-pelosi-responds-to-c-span-there-has-never-been-a-more-open-process

Pelosi tells C-SPAN: 'There has never been a more open process'

By Eric Zimmermann and Michael O'Brien - 01/05/10 03:29 PM ET

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) defended Congress' work on a healthcare bill Tuesday saying the process has displayed historic transparency, just as C-SPAN mounts an effort to open the negotiations.

C-SPAN wrote a letter to congressional leaders Tuesday asking that TV cameras be allowed to film negotiations to reconcile the House and Senate versions of healthcare reform legislation.

But Pelosi said Congress has already been transparent throughout the process.

"There has never been a more open process for any legislation," Pelosi said at a press conference.

BoogyMan
01-05-2010, 07:36 PM
The plain and simple hubris of such a statement shows a level of detachment from reality that would be sufficient to put anyone outside of Washington in an asylum.

I am having trouble distinguishing her from Golum at this point.

Kathianne
01-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Why would Democrats feel pressure to give into C-Span? They probably won't, but should:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Api4fUziAnI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Api4fUziAnI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jeff
01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Ya might need to send that to the White House it seems Obama must have forgotten what he said , LOL

cat slave
01-06-2010, 02:37 AM
The plain and simple hubris of such a statement shows a level of detachment from reality that would be sufficient to put anyone outside of Washington in an asylum.

I am having trouble distinguishing her from Golum at this point.

I always thought of Mary Matlins husband for the look alike of Golum but
you may have trumped that with Pelosis mental health status.

Maybe the botox has seeped into her cranial cavity...space there lots of
stuff other than brains.

Monkeybone
01-06-2010, 07:44 AM
hahahaha that is great.

and this is why they want it behind closed doors
Pelosi also hinted that holding informal negotiations--likely without TV cameras--might be the most practical way to push the legislation through.

"We will do what is necessary to pass the bill," Pelosi said. as in... " We wanna make deals and put things back in that would piss everyone off"

And this re re right here,
Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), assistant to the Speaker, said the healthcare bill had been "subjected to unprecedented level of public scrutiny." um.. that doesn't mean it has been open. That just means we are paying attention finally.

CSM
01-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Pelosi and those of her ilk firmly believe that the American citizen is just plain stupid.

HogTrash
01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
The only way to get the truth out of Nancy Pelosi is to waterboard the lying bitch.

CSM
01-06-2010, 11:45 AM
The only way to get the truth out of Nancy Pelosi is to waterboard the lying bitch.

That would only result in her saying whatever folks wanted her to say....OH.... wait just a minute.... that's what she does now! Maybe the libs are waterboarding her already!

Little-Acorn
01-06-2010, 08:49 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/varv01062010a20100106020328.jpg