PDA

View Full Version : Ouch Ouch dang it my computer is hurting me

stephanie
01-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Every time I get up to walk across my apartment and go back and sit down at my puter, it shocks the shit out of me..sometimes the shock is so bad it shuts down the computer..I have a surge protector plug on it if that makes any diff with the shocking..I guess this is a winter thing, since I don't remember this happening in the summer..unless it's shocked me so much I now have short term brain damage and can't remember it happening in the summer..anyhoo
any suggestions and HELP...:laugh2:

let me edit something, it seems to be more with the table when I go to sit down and grab the mouse, but it also does it if I touch the speaker..

Mr. P
01-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Static electricity..yes it's typical in cold weather with low humidity.

Just slap the edge of the table or any metal object to discharge yourself before you touch the puter.

Missileman
01-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Every time I get up to walk across my apartment and go back and sit down at my puter, it shocks the shit out of me..sometimes the shock is so bad it shuts down the computer..I have a surge protector plug on it if that makes any diff with the shocking..I guess this is a winter thing, since I don't remember this happening in the summer..unless it's shocked me so much I now have short term brain damage and can't remember it happening in the summer..anyhoo
any suggestions and HELP...:laugh2:

let me edit something, it seems to be more with the table when I go to sit down and grab the mouse, but it also does it if I touch the speaker..

Buy a small humidifier. Run it in your PC room

Gaffer
01-05-2010, 10:19 PM
What P said. Just slap the table or something metal to get the static out of yourself. It probably comes from walking on the carpet. The static can actually do damage to your computer if there's enough of a build up in your body, so be careful what you touch.

Luna Tick
01-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Get yourself some Static Guard, you know that stuff you spray on clothes to stop static cling. Then spray it all around the carpet in your computer area.

stephanie
01-05-2010, 11:24 PM
All helpful tips all, thanks:cheers2:

namvet
03-10-2010, 10:56 AM
All helpful tips all, thanks:cheers2:

I knew this gonna be a problem when i bought my home so i had them install a humidifier to my furnace to control humidity for the entire home. well worth the $$$.

if the humidity goes to low wood joints will split open

PostmodernProphet
03-10-2010, 11:07 AM
shucks all that wasteful advice.....take the USB charger for your cell phone and attach it to the phone....whenever you walk across the room stick the other end in your mouth.....no use wasting all that electricity......

namvet
03-10-2010, 11:22 AM
shucks all that wasteful advice.....take the USB charger for your cell phone and attach it to the phone....whenever you walk across the room stick the other end in your mouth.....no use wasting all that electricity......

send us your test results :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
03-10-2010, 02:13 PM
send us your test results :laugh2:

can't....for some reason my cell phone is dead.....

stephanie
03-10-2010, 11:59 PM

:eek::slap::laugh2: