PDA

View Full Version : Obama prods Congress to pass health bill quickly

Jeff
01-06-2010, 07:55 AM
So much for open forum I guess, or the working together Obama promised

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is prodding House and Senate Democrats to get him a final health care bill as soon as possible, encouraging them to bypass the usual negotiations between the two chambers in the interest of speed.

The rest of the story can be found here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100106/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul

Monkeybone
01-06-2010, 07:57 AM
raise your hand if you are surprised.... anyone? anyone? hello?

CSM
01-06-2010, 08:06 AM
"in the interest of speed" ???????

Now that is a compelling reason, isn't it! Never mind what is the best solution or what is good for the country. Speed is the overriding factor! Funny he never mentioned that when he was campaigning. I can here him saying "I will get things done based on speed as the primary factor! Congress and the rest of the government is too slow ... speed you can believe in!"

Jeff
01-06-2010, 08:08 AM
"in the interest of speed" ???????

Now that is a compelling reason, isn't it! Never mind what is the best solution or what is good for the country. Speed is the overriding factor! Funny he never mentioned that when he was campaigning. I can here him saying "I will get things done based on speed as the primary factor! Congress and the rest of the government is too slow ... speed you can believe in!"

In the interest of speed should really read, lets slam it down there throats before they can stop it

PostmodernProphet
01-06-2010, 08:19 AM
begin with a tenuous proposal, strip if of anything that might actually benefit the public, lard it over with pork fat, pass it in the dark of night so no one notices it's lack of substance.....call it progressive.....

Monkeybone
01-06-2010, 08:34 AM
In the interest of speed should really read, lets slam it down there throats before they can stop it
that is exactly it. They don't want anyone figuring out what it really in it before they pass it.

CSM
01-06-2010, 08:49 AM
that is exactly it. They don't want anyone figuring out what it really in it before they pass it.

Heck they haven't figured out what it really is themselves!

stephanie
01-06-2010, 10:55 AM
found this on Michelle Malkin..

It’s official. The Hill reports this morning that the Dems have formally agreed to bypass the formal conference committee process to ram the government health care plan through for Barack Obama: “Aides said the agreement was reached during a Tuesday evening meeting at the White House with President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and the top two Democrats from each chamber…After huddling among themselves at 10 a.m. Wednesday morning, House leaders will return to the White House for a 2:30 p.m. meeting with the president and Senate Democratic leaders.” Behind closed doors. It’s the Vampire Congress way.

Tell Washington and blinky Nancy: Let the cameras in. Take action and sign the petition here.

Via Naked Emperor News: Count the lies…

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/hJNRgbu%2BTwI%2Em4v" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="364" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

the rest here..
http://michellemalkin.com/

cat slave
01-07-2010, 02:56 AM
What do the rats running from the sinking ship know that we dont know?
Do they know their political careers are dissolving before their eyes or do
they know other things that make them want to run?

If those evil, lying sobs cooking deals behind closed doors pass that
stinking bill I really believe it will push a lot of people over the line. Do
the fleeing libruls know this? Something is brewing that is not obvious to
those who still think the solution lies in the next election. Things are ready
to spin out of control