PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Politicians

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 01:00 PM
There has been some discussion today about corrupt politicians. We all know that politicians on either side of the aisle are not the most honest people on the planet, so here is an opportunity to shine the spotlight upon those cockroaches that have denigrated our system.

Please... unless the politician's malfeasance is well known, as is the one I will start with, provide links.

Scooter Libby.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 01:03 PM
PRESIDENT- Bill Clinton

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Laffs... good one...

Randy "Duke" Cunningham

stephanie
04-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Marion Barry
From Wikiquote
Jump to: navigation, search
Marion Shepilov Barry, Jr. (born March 6, 1936) served as Democratic mayor of Washington, D.C. from 1979 to 1991. He was forced to leave office during his third term as a result of his arrest and conviction on drug charges, but afterward again elected to the D.C. council and ultimately to the mayoralty, serving a fourth term from 1995 to 1999.:poke:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

stephanie
04-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Gerry Eastman Studds (May 12 1937 – October 14 2006) (pronounced /ˈgɛɹi/, hard g as in get, rhymes with merry) was an American Democratic Congressman from Massachusetts who served from 1973 until 1997. He was the first openly gay national politician in the U.S. In 1983, he admitted to having had an affair with a 17-year-old page in 1973 and was censured by the House of Representatives.
The House voted to censure Studds, on July 20 1983, by a vote of 420-3. While Studds has often been reported as having "turned his back on the House" as the House read its censure motion aloud,[3] contemporary reports made it clear that in contrast to Crane, who faced the House as the motion for his censure was read, Studds faced the Speaker who was actually reading the motion, with his back to the other members.[4] Also in contrast to Crane, who left the chamber after his censure, Studds rejoined the other members of the House after his censure was read.[4] In addition to the censure, the Democratic leadership stripped Studds of his chairmanship of the House Merchant Marine Subcommittee. Studds was later appointed chair of the House Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries. Studds received two standing ovations from supporters in his home district at his first town meeting following his congressional censure.[5]

http://www.answers.com/topic/gerry-studds

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Spokane mayor Jim West, heretofore a closeted
homosexual, was busted soliciting young men over the
Internet in his spare time--and even rewarding them
with political favors!--yet outwardly maintained a
staunchly anti-gay stance
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/223201_west06.html

please note: original url was not found... edited in this one from seattle PI

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Rep Tom DeLay
Participated in a conspiracy to funnel corporate donations to state political candidates through the Republican National Committee. Forced in shame to step down as House Republican leader after he was indicted by a Texas grand jury on charges of conspiracy. He is the first House leader to be indicted while in office in more than a century.

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Marion Barry
From Wikiquote
Jump to: navigation, search
Marion Shepilov Barry, Jr. (born March 6, 1936) served as Democratic mayor of Washington, D.C. from 1979 to 1991. He was forced to leave office during his third term as a result of his arrest and conviction on drug charges, but afterward again elected to the D.C. council and ultimately to the mayoralty, serving a fourth term from 1995 to 1999.:poke:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

Aargh! Now there's a serious piece of work! That guy's not fit for the human race!

04-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Ted Kennedy - Murder.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Aargh! Now there's a serious piece of work! That guy's not fit for the human race!

I was SHOCKED..he was reelected..

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 01:56 PM

DC is a weird city. What can I say. I think it's more of a racial thing, not really partisan, i.e., candidates run on a platform of who will do the most for the black community (city is about 70% black).

He actually seemed promising the first time he ran, but I think the booze and drugs took over after that.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Ted Kennedy - Murder.

sorry... Ted Kennedy was not indicted... but thanks for playing...

edit: I'm sure we don't want to get into those that should have been indicted but weren't... cuz I could throw Prescott Bush into the mix if we were... you know... for treason and aiding the enemy during wartime...

So let's keep it to indicted and/or convicted politicians, ok?

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 02:07 PM

me too... I'm shocked that he was even ABLE to run, considering his conviction...

Abbey Marie
04-20-2007, 02:13 PM

That reminds me of an old joke:

HISTORIC SAYINGS OF AMERICA'S GREAT POLITICAL LEADERS

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL''
Thomas Jefferson

"FOUR SCORE AND SEVEN YEARS AGO...''
Abraham Lincoln

"I HAVE A DREAM''
Martin Luther King

"ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU...''
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"GODDAM BITCH SET ME UP''
Marion Barry

stephanie
04-20-2007, 02:17 PM
me too... I'm shocked that he was even ABLE to run, considering his conviction...

You know something Stripey..
The list of corrupt politicians is so long, it would take us a year to fill this thread up...

Any and all corrupt politicians, are scumbags, and should be kicked to the curb..But I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen..:coffee:

stephanie
04-20-2007, 02:18 PM
That reminds me of an old joke:

HISTORIC SAYINGS OF AMERICA'S GREAT POLITICAL LEADERS

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL''
Thomas Jefferson

"FOUR SCORE AND SEVEN YEARS AGO...''
Abraham Lincoln

"I HAVE A DREAM''
Martin Luther King

"ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU...''
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"GODDAM BITCH SET ME UP''
Marion Barry

:laugh2: never heard that one before.

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Nevada governor gets off to a rocky start, vows he won’t be ’knocked off course’
By Associated Press
Friday, April 13, 2007 - Updated: 02:43 PM EST

LAS VEGAS - Ever since Franklin D. Roosevelt, it has become customary to take stock of a politician’s first 100 days in office. Here’s what Nevada Gov. Jim Gibbons’ 100 days include: Four scandals or more. One criminal investigation. One $10,000 dress. And a possible $137 million budget shortfall.

No charges have been brought against the Republican governor. But the tumult has made the dawn of his administration a dreary one.

“He has very little political currency to work with” in dealing with Legislature, where the Republicans control the Senate and the Democrats the Assembly, said GOP operative Steve Wark.

In what may be the most serious threat yet, the FBI has opened a corruption investigation into the former five-term congressman’s relationship with a defense contractor. A former partner at the company has alleged that Gibbons received money, travel, poker chips and other favors to help it win government contracts.

Also, recent disclosures that Gibbons’ wife, a former state assemblywoman and wedding chapel owner, was a paid consultant for another defense contractor have raised more questions about her husband’s time on the House Armed Services and Intelligence committees.

--snip--

The troubles have given Gibbons no time to gain his footing from other scandals that broke during his campaign: a Las Vegas cocktail waitress’ assertion that he assaulted her in a parking garage after she rebuffed his advances, and a Peruvian housekeeper’s claim that she worked for Gibbons while in this country illegally.

In December, weeks after Gibbons was elected, police said they found insufficient evidence to support the waitress’ claims. And the housekeeper issue has all but disappeared _ mostly because of the governor’s more recent troubles.

http://news.bostonherald.com/national/west/view.bg?articleid=194650

Hmmm, it seems like he had some baggage when he was running for governor and STILL got elected! I thought the GOP didn't mess with people under a cloud. Guess I was wrong.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 02:31 PM

Hmmm, it seems like he had some baggage when he was running for governor and STILL got elected! I thought the GOP didn't mess with people under a cloud. Guess I was wrong.

Yeah..And I thought Democrats didn't either....:slap:

:laugh2:

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 02:33 PM
well, stephanie, time is what we have... and I'm more than willing to devote some of mine to shine the light on those cockroaches... right AND left...

but I wonder who will run out of cockroaches first, laffs, your side or mine...

here I am stomping on them as fast as I can...

:dance:

stephanie
04-20-2007, 02:37 PM
well, Stephanie, time is what we have... and I'm more than willing to devote some of mine to shine the light on those cockroaches... right AND left...

but I wonder who will run out of cockroaches first, laffs, your side or mine...

here I am stomping on them as fast as I can...

Shoot..My finger's would be worn down by the time we listed them all..

Here...let me help ya...:dance:

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 02:37 PM

pssssst birdz, just as it wasn't fair for Ava to use Ted Kennedy because he wasn't indicted, I don't think this one should be allowed either...

But I'll throw it open to y'all... should we use those politicians that are under investigation but not yet indicted?

stephanie
04-20-2007, 02:40 PM
pssssst birds, just as it wasn't fair for Ava to use Ted Kennedy because he wasn't indicted, I don't think this one should be allowed either...

But I'll throw it open to y'all... should we use those politicians that are under investigation but not yet indicted?

No..
If that's the case, we could use the Freezer Jefferson...:laugh2:

04-20-2007, 02:46 PM

edit: I'm sure we don't want to get into those that should have been indicted but weren't... cuz I could throw Prescott Bush into the mix if we were... you know... for treason and aiding the enemy during wartime...

So unless you are indicted you arent corrupt? And if you are, it doesnt matter if you are innocent? Please. Atleast the one i mentioned actually committed a crime.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Ok..After listening to Avatars reasoning, maybe we should allow all.....corrupt
politicians.....indicted or not...:cheers2:

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 03:08 PM
No..
If that's the case, we could use the Freezer Jefferson...:laugh2:

Hey! Freezers, being inanimate objects, can't be "corrupt!" :coffee:

OCA
04-20-2007, 03:08 PM

Neither was Tom DeLay, oh indicted...yes indicted, charges always dropped, never a conviction.

Daniel Rostenkowski
John F Kennedy
Robert F Kennedy
Bubba Clinton
Hillary Rodham Clinton

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:11 PM
So unless you are indicted you arent corrupt? And if you are, it doesnt matter if you are innocent? Please. Atleast the one i mentioned actually committed a crime.

But ava, he wasn't indicted for it... I know he got drunk, drove his car off into a slough and as a result killed someone and then the bastard left the scene but the magistrate, for whatever reason, declined to press charges.

I don't understand it... You don't understand it... NOBODY understands it...

IF we include Kennedy as you want, then we'll have to include George W. Bush's Grandaddy...

Prescott Bush gave money to Hitler while the US was fighting him... that's treason in my book...

Kennedy killed one person, Bush's financial support of Adolph Hitler helped him kill many many more...

Gunny
04-20-2007, 03:12 PM
You know something Stripey..
The list of corrupt politicians is so long, it would take us a year to fill this thread up...

Any and all corrupt politicians, are scumbags, and should be kicked to the curb..But I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen..:coffee:

Maybe it should be a list of UNcorrupt politicians? I'll start ......

OCA
04-20-2007, 03:17 PM
But ava, he wasn't indicted for it... I know he got drunk, drove his car off into a slough and as a result killed someone and then the bastard left the scene but the magistrate, for whatever reason, declined to press charges.

IF we include Kennedy as you want, then we'll have to include George W. Bush's Grandaddy...

Prescott Bush gave money to Hitler while the US was fighting him... that's treason in my book...

Kennedy killed one person, Bush's financial support of Adolph Hitler helped him kill many many more...

Oh geez, wonder if the Kennedy's paid off the magistrate, wow, dunno:laugh2:

Uh this Hitler thingy, care to back that up with some unbiased sources? First i've heard of this.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 03:19 PM

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:20 PM

picture a tiger cleaning coffee off his screen...

:clap:

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey! Freezers, being inanimate objects, can't be "corrupt!" :coffee:

sure they can... how about all those east coast rust buckets also known as automobiles?

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 03:26 PM
sure they can... how about all those east coast rust buckets also known as automobiles?

Ha-rumpf! I'll have you know that what I drive is NOT a "rust bucket!" Sure, the rear bumper has a few dings that I put there, but there's no rust!

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Neither was Tom DeLay, oh indicted...yes indicted, charges always dropped, never a conviction.

Daniel Rostenkowski
John F Kennedy
Robert F Kennedy
Bubba Clinton
Hillary Rodham Clinton

To my knowledge, DeLay's indictment hasn't been dropped but if you have a link that says so, I'll read it...

Indicted politicians, OCA, or convicted... JFK and RFK were neither... Bubba was already mentioned... what was Hillary indicted for again?

So, of your list, only Dan Rostenkowski remains... Have you a link so we can read what his crime was, cuz cuz, I have forgotten...

OCA
04-20-2007, 03:29 PM
To my knowledge, DeLay's indictment hasn't been dropped but if you have a link that says so, I'll read it...

Indicted politicians, OCA, or convicted... JFK and RFK were neither... Bubba was already mentioned... what was Hillary indicted for again?

So, of your list, only Dan Rostenkowski remains... Have you a link so we can read what his crime was, cuz cuz, I have forgotten...

So is this a corrupt politician thread or convicted politician thread? If its convicted i'm afraid the left is in much more trouble.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh geez, wonder if the Kennedy's paid off the magistrate, wow, dunno:laugh2:

Uh this Hitler thingy, care to back that up with some unbiased sources? First i've heard of this.

Only if we want to include the non-indicted... :cheers2:

But here... I aim to please...

I searched for Presscott Bush Hitler and got 215,000 replies... take your pick. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Prescott+Bush+Hitler&btnG=Google+Search)

oh oh oh... here's one from Fox News... does Fox qualify as an unbiased source?

Documents: Bush's Grandfather Directed Bank Tied to Man Who Funded Hitler
Friday, October 17, 2003
(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,100474,00.html)

purrsonally, I think we have more than enough indicted and/or convicted politicians on both sides to NOT have to delve into those that were ONLY suspected of crimes... unless y'all have run out already...

surely that can't be the case...

OCA
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Here we go:http://www.motherjones.com/news/outfront/1998/01/pritchard.html

Unless I can't count I see that list as being 11 Democraps and 2 Republicans.

Dems might want to change from the donkey to the simble of the prison gang the "Nazi Lowriders" since most go there at 1 time or another.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Ha-rumpf! I'll have you know that what I drive is NOT a "rust bucket!" Sure, the rear bumper has a few dings that I put there, but there's no rust!

now now, birdz, don't get your feathers in a ruffle... cuz I didn't say YOUR auto was a rust bucket but you have to admit, there are tons of them on your coast.

OCA
04-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Only if we want to include the non-indicted... :cheers2:

But here... I aim to please...

I searched for Presscott Bush Hitler and got 215,000 replies... take your pick. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Prescott+Bush+Hitler&btnG=Google+Search)

oh oh oh... here's one from Fox News... does Fox qualify as an unbiased source?

Documents: Bush's Grandfather Directed Bank Tied to Man Who Funded Hitler
Friday, October 17, 2003
(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,100474,00.html)

purrsonally, I think we have more than enough indicted and/or convicted politicians on both sides to NOT have to delve into those that were ONLY suspected of crimes... unless y'all have run out already...

surely that can't be the case...

Ok Prescott Bush, threw his hat into the wrong ring, i'll give ya that. Got anything uh uh a little more recent? A conviction perhaps, I just listed a few for ya up there, bunch of Democraps and a couple Repubs.

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Spiro Agnew, U.S. Vice President

Born: 9 November 1918
Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland
Died: 17 September 1996

Best Known As: 39th vice president of the United States, 1969-73

As Richard Nixon's vice president, Spiro Theodore Agnew served from 20 January 1969 until 10 October 1973, when he resigned over matters unrelated to the Watergate scandal. Agnew, the son of Greek immigrants, grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, where he began practicing law in 1949. From 1962 to 1969 he served as a county executive in Baltimore before being elected governor in 1967. As Nixon's vice president he was not closely involved in policy decisions, but he was a media favorite for his staunch defense of the Vietnam War and his colorful attacks on war protesters, the press and political dissidents. Agnew's fiery rhetoric became legendary: he famously called the press "nattering nabobs of negativism" and referred to war critics as "an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as 'intellectuals.'"

After Nixon and Agnew were elected to a second term, Agnew became the focus of an investigation by the U.S. Attorney's office in Maryland for financial irregularities while he held state office. Rather than face trial, Agnew resigned and entered a plea of no contest to charges of evading income tax. He was sentenced to three years probation and fined $10,000. After he left office Agnew avoided publicity and went into business as an international broker.

In 1981 he was ordered by a Maryland court to repay more than $248,000 to cover bribes he took while in state office.

http://www.answers.com/topic/spiro-agnew

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:42 PM
So is this a corrupt politician thread or convicted politician thread? If its convicted i'm afraid the left is in much more trouble.

It's an indicted/convicted politician thread... but we can make it under investigation, too, if you like... I don't mind... got Abramoff? why yes, yes they do and he's behind bars but even so, he's still singing his tunes and as lily's thread showed early this morning, there are many republicans still being investigated...

so do you REALLY want to include those being investigated?

Convicted?

We'll see, won't we?

OCA
04-20-2007, 03:44 PM
It's an indicted/convicted politician thread... but we can make it under investigation, too, if you like... I don't mind... got Abramoff? why yes, yes they do and he's behind bars but even so, he's still singing his tunes and as lily's thread showed early this morning, there are many republicans still being investigated...

Convicted?

We'll see, won't we?

Abramov=private citizen

OCA
04-20-2007, 03:45 PM

Convicted?

We'll see, won't we?

Convicted, if its investigated I get to include every member of Bubba's administration.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok Prescott Bush, threw his hat into the wrong ring, i'll give ya that. Got anything uh uh a little more recent? A conviction perhaps, I just listed a few for ya up there, bunch of Democraps and a couple Repubs.

I have tons more recent... laffs... and I listed two of them... convicted felons, that is... in the beginning of the thread... Scooter and Duke...

Why don't you list each of those democrats individually... y'all list one, we'll list one, y'all list another, we'll list another... until the wells runs dry...

ya gotta admit, this is fun...

OCA
04-20-2007, 03:49 PM
I have tons more recent... laffs... and I listed two of them... convicted felons, that is... in the beginning of the thread... Scooter and Duke...

Why don't you list each of those democrats individually... y'all list one, we'll list one, y'all list another, we'll list another... until the wells runs dry...

Nah takes too long, hit the Mother Jones link in this thread.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 03:50 PM

shoot....I've listed three already.. But I got the BIG DAWG...:laugh2:

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Abramov=private citizen

convicted lobbyist... I didn't say HIM... I said he was a jailbird singing his tunes and the republicans that took his monies are now under investigation... so do you want to include politicians currently under investigation?

There are a lot of them... I'm giving you a chance here....

Do y'all want to include those under investigation?

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 03:52 PM
shoot....I've listed three already.. But I got the BIG DAWG...:laugh2:

The flea-ridden mutt?? :coffee:

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Convicted, if its investigated I get to include every member of Bubba's administration.

Only IF they were investigated... You don't get to include them just because you don't like them... laffs...

but we should have a consensus on it cuz I like to be fair...

should we also include those under investigation?

stephanie
04-20-2007, 03:58 PM
The flea-ridden mutt?? :coffee:

I don't know.....we'd have to ask Monica if he had fleas....:eek: :coffee:

Birdzeye
04-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't know.....we'd have to ask Monica if he had fleas....:eek: :coffee:

LOL!

Gunny
04-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Only IF they were investigated... You don't get to include them just because you don't like them... laffs...

but we should have a consensus on it cuz I like to be fair...

should we also include those under investigation?

well shit ... did you get Henry Cisneros? That jackass was mayor here in the 80s and dishonestly sold the city on the "Alamodome" because he was getting us a pro football team.

They play one college bowl game a year in that albatross. The rest is Farm shows and Monster trucks.

I think his particular official problem was ethics.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 04:11 PM
well shit ... did you get Henry Cisneros? That jackass was mayor here in the 80s and dishonestly sold the city on the "Alamodome" because he was getting us a pro football team.

I think his particular official problem was ethics.

Not yet... thanks gunny... I added it to the list... :cheers2:

OCA? It's easy to copy and paste... I'm sure you know how... drop some in... and please... do it one at a time...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 04:12 PM
laffs with a nod to OCA...

Rep. Jay Kim (R-Calif.) pleaded guilty in 1997 to raising more than $230,000 in illegal campaign contributions.

see? easy...

OCA
04-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Not yet... thanks gunny... I added it to the list... :cheers2:

OCA? It's easy to copy and paste... I'm sure you know how... drop some in... and please... do it one at a time...

Nope, hit the fucking link, there all there at 1 time.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Rep Robert Ney
Ney is sentenced to 30 months in federal prison for his role in the congressional bribery scandal.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Another one from Ohio...

Rep. Donald "Buz" Lukens (R-Ohio) was sentenced in 1996 to 30 months in prison for conspiracy and accepting bribes while in office. Lukens had already been bounced at the ballot box in 1990, after his 1989 conviction for having sex with a 16-year-old.

thanks OCA... since he was convicted for two different offenses, do I get to
count him twice?

OCA
04-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Another one from Ohio...

Rep. Donald "Buz" Lukens (R-Ohio) was sentenced in 1996 to 30 months in prison for conspiracy and accepting bribes while in office. Lukens had already been bounced at the ballot box in 1990, after his 1989 conviction for having sex with a 16-year-old.

thanks OCA... since he was convicted for two different offenses, do I get to
count him twice?

Guess you are ignoring the 11 Democraps from that list....cool.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Nope, hit the fucking link, there all there at 1 time.

I did... and then I added the two republicans there to the list here... but if you can't figure out how to c&p, maybe some of your pals will do it for you...

and obtw... it's not there all there... it's they're all there...

:lmao:

They're taking their dogs to pee over there. :pee:

all three will clear spell check... but only one of them will be correct...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Guess you are ignoring the 11 Democraps from that list....cool.

no... you are...

I'm a lefty... you're a righty... if you want them to be counted, then paste them in... if not... shrugs...

not my problem...

maybe stephanie or shattered will do it for you... they know how to c&p and you did give them the link...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Rep Bill Janklow, a blunt-spoken political titan from South Dakota, will serve 100 days in a county jail for the death of a motorcyclist who slammed into his speeding car last August.

Janklow sentenced to 100 days in jail
Jan 22, 2004 (http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/01/22/janklow.sentencing/)

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Michael Scanlon: Former top aide to DeLay plead guilty to conspiring to bribe public officials in Nov. 2005;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Scanlon

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Tony Rudy: plead guilty to charges that he conspired with GOP lobbyist Jack Abramoff to corrupt public officials. Rudy was a top aide to Rep. Tom DeLay before he became a lobbyist.

A Force Behind the Power
Political Operator Tony Rudy Helped DeLay's Ascent

By Juliet Eilperin and Jeffrey H. Birnbaum
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, April 1, 2006 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/31/AR2006033101742.html)

hmmm... another conviction... the hits keep piling up for the righties...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:13 PM
whistlin...

Neil Volz: Chief of Staff to Representative Bob Ney (R-Ohio), staff director of the House Administration Committee. On May 8, 2006, he pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy, including wire fraud and violating House rules, charges stemming from his work both for Ney and for Greenberg Traurig

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Volz

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:15 PM
David Safavian: former chief of staff of the United States General Services Administration (GSA) and convicted criminal in the Jack Abramoff lobbying and corruption scandal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Safavian

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm having fun... how about you?

William Heaton: A former chief of staff to then-Rep. Robert W. Ney (R-Ohio) pleaded guilty yesterday to corruption charges stemming from accepting gifts, gambling chips and trips -- including an expense-paid junket to Scotland with his boss -- from former lobbyist Jack Abramoff and a foreign businessman.

Former Aide to Ex-Congressman Ney Pleads Guilty in Abramoff Case

By James V. Grimaldi and Carol D. Leonnig
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/26/AR2007022601631.html)

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Since OCA won't, or can't, post the dems from his link, the count is currently...

Righties: 14
Lefties: 5

Left:
Bubba
mayor Marion Barry
Gerry Studds
Rep Daniel Rostenkowski
Henry Cisnos

Right:
Scooter Libby, VP Aide
Rep Randy "Duke" Cunningham
Mayor Jim West
VP Spiro Agnew
Rep Tom Delay
Rep Jay Kim
Rep Donald "Buz" Lukens (R-Ohio)
Rep Robert Ney
Rep Janklow
Michael Scanlon, aide to DeLay

Tony Rudy, DeLay aide
Neil Volz, aide to Ney
David Safarian, GSA director
William Heaton aide to Ney

OCA
04-20-2007, 05:35 PM
no... you are...

I'm a lefty... you're a righty... if you want them to be counted, then paste them in... if not... shrugs...

not my problem...

maybe stephanie or shattered will do it for you... they know how to c&p and you did give them the link...

You don't make the rules, they are there. Hit the fucking link lazy boy!

stephanie
04-20-2007, 05:35 PM
:laugh2: I did it for him.....Now add em up..

Rep. Albert Bustamante (D-Texas) was convicted in 1993 on racketeering and bribery charges for, among other deeds, using his office to collect gratuities from a company trying to win an Air Force food contract. He was sentenced to 54 months.

Rep. Walter Fauntroy (D-Washington, D.C.), the nonvoting delegate from D.C., was charged with lying on a financial disclosure form about a charitable contribution. He pleaded guilty in 1995 to the felony and was sentenced to probation.

Rep. Carroll Hubbard Jr. (D-Ky.) pleaded guilty in 1994 to conspiring to defraud the Federal Elections Commission and to the theft of government property. Hubbard received a three-year sentence.

Rep. Jay Kim (R-Calif.) pleaded guilty in 1997 to raising more than $230,000 in illegal campaign contributions. He has not yet been sentenced, but he promises to run for office in 1998.

Rep. Joseph Kolter (D-Pa.) pleaded guilty in May 1996 to pocketing $9,300 from the House post office. The ailing Kolter was sentenced to six months in a Minnesota federal medical center.

Rep. Nicholas Mavroules (D-Mass.) got 15 months in a minimum-security prison in 1993 after pleading guilty to charges of tax fraud and accepting gratuities while in office.

Rep. Mary Rose Oakar (D-Ohio) pleaded guilty in 1997 to two misdemeanors for funneling $16,000 through fake donors. She faces up to two years in prison.

Rep. Carl Perkins Jr. (D-Ky.) pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the FEC, writing illegal checks, and filing false personal finance disclosure statements. He was sentenced in 1995 to 21 months.

Rep. Mel Reynolds (D-Ill.) ran unopposed in 1994, despite (eventually proven) charges of criminal sexual assault and child pornography. In 1995, he got a five-year sentence. In 1997, he was convicted of lying on loan and campaign finance statements and got 78 more months.

Rep. Dan Rostenkowski (D-Ill.) was indicted in 1994 on 17 felony charges, including the embezzlement of $695,000 in taxpayer and campaign funds. The longtime House Ways and Means chairman plea-bargained his way down to two counts of mail fraud and served 17 months in a Wisconsin minimum-security prison.

Rep. Larry Smith (D-Fla.) was sentenced in 1993 to three months in federal prison for income tax evasion.

Rep. Walter Tucker III (D-Calif.) won in 1994 despite a pending indictment that he took bribes while mayor of Compton. In 1996, he was sentenced to 27 months in prison for extortion and tax evasion.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:39 PM
You don't make the rules, they are there. Hit the fucking link lazy boy!

I do for this thread... :dance:

maybe some one will do it for you since obviously, you can't...

OCA
04-20-2007, 05:40 PM

Rep. Albert Bustamante (D-Texas) was convicted in 1993 on racketeering and bribery charges for, among other deeds, using his office to collect gratuities from a company trying to win an Air Force food contract. He was sentenced to 54 months.

Rep. Walter Fauntroy (D-Washington, D.C.), the nonvoting delegate from D.C., was charged with lying on a financial disclosure form about a charitable contribution. He pleaded guilty in 1995 to the felony and was sentenced to probation.

Rep. Carroll Hubbard Jr. (D-Ky.) pleaded guilty in 1994 to conspiring to defraud the Federal Elections Commission and to the theft of government property. Hubbard received a three-year sentence.

Rep. Jay Kim (R-Calif.) pleaded guilty in 1997 to raising more than $230,000 in illegal campaign contributions. He has not yet been sentenced, but he promises to run for office in 1998.

Rep. Joseph Kolter (D-Pa.) pleaded guilty in May 1996 to pocketing $9,300 from the House post office. The ailing Kolter was sentenced to six months in a Minnesota federal medical center.

Rep. Nicholas Mavroules (D-Mass.) got 15 months in a minimum-security prison in 1993 after pleading guilty to charges of tax fraud and accepting gratuities while in office.

Rep. Mary Rose Oakar (D-Ohio) pleaded guilty in 1997 to two misdemeanors for funneling $16,000 through fake donors. She faces up to two years in prison.

Rep. Carl Perkins Jr. (D-Ky.) pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the FEC, writing illegal checks, and filing false personal finance disclosure statements. He was sentenced in 1995 to 21 months.

Rep. Mel Reynolds (D-Ill.) ran unopposed in 1994, despite (eventually proven) charges of criminal sexual assault and child pornography. In 1995, he got a five-year sentence. In 1997, he was convicted of lying on loan and campaign finance statements and got 78 more months.

Rep. Dan Rostenkowski (D-Ill.) was indicted in 1994 on 17 felony charges, including the embezzlement of $695,000 in taxpayer and campaign funds. The longtime House Ways and Means chairman plea-bargained his way down to two counts of mail fraud and served 17 months in a Wisconsin minimum-security prison.

Rep. Larry Smith (D-Fla.) was sentenced in 1993 to three months in federal prison for income tax evasion.

Rep. Walter Tucker III (D-Calif.) won in 1994 despite a pending indictment that he took bribes while mayor of Compton. In 1996, he was sentenced to 27 months in prison for extortion and tax evasion.

Steph, thanks, but Stripey was being a typical lib....that is to say purposely obtuse because he knew he stepped in a pile of dogshit on corruption.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 05:40 PM

I already did......Look up^:poke:

stephanie
04-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Steph, thanks, but Stripey was being a typical lib....that is to say purposely obtuse because he knew he stepped in a pile of dogshit on corruption.

I hear ya...But I thought I'd play for awhile..:laugh2:

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:42 PM
good job, steffie... do you always pick up after OCA?

Rostenkowski was already mentioned... so you can't count him again.... laffs... and I won't be adding the righties listed to the lefty list...

ok... that adds 10 to your total...

OCA
04-20-2007, 05:43 PM

No, actually you don't.

Rep. Gary Condit (D) California

Found guilty by common sense in the murder of the woman with whom he was cheating on his wife with......Chandra Levy. Lost reelection because voters were disgusted with adultering sexual predator male Democrats.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 05:45 PM
good job, steffie... do you always pick up after OCA?

Rostenkowski was already mentioned... so you can't count him again.... laffs... and I won't be adding the righties listed to the lefty list...

ok... that adds 10 to your total...

HUH??

you've got the count down..
How many righties?
How many lefties?

If I counted right...It's like one more for the righties?

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:50 PM

I'm not going to do your work for you... I know you have convinced everyone here that you are incapable of doing any work yourself, but guess what... I'm not your mommy... so IF you're so inept that you can't figure out how to c&p... pfffffffft...

I don't care how _____ you are... I'm still not going to do it for you.

(fill in the blank with your own adjective)

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:54 PM
ack... this one is especially nasty... can I count him twice?

Philip Giordano, the former Waterbury mayor convicted of violating the civil rights of two girls he sexually abused, has been sentenced Friday morning.

Giordano Receives 37-Year Prison Sentence
Giordano Could Have Faced Life In Prison

June 13, 2003 (http://www.nbc30.com/news/2268479/detail.html?topstories&id=56414,00.html)

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 05:55 PM
fifteen to fifteen... seems so far, we are tied...

but I have lots more to share... do you?

stephanie
04-20-2007, 06:02 PM
30 already...That's terrible...

I don't want to play anymore...It's too depressing..:poke:

gabosaurus
04-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Why try to point out corrupt individuals? Let's just stick with "most of them." :laugh2:

http://www.oldamericancentury.com/crusade_1.jpg

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 06:40 PM
30 already...That's terrible...

I don't want to play anymore...It's too depressing..:poke:

I understand... but... 30 is nothing...

I have just begun to post... just trying to find working links for them is why I haven't added more... silly newspapers take them down after a while...

well, I have to run for a bit... it'll give you time to find some more democrats...

good luck...

Gunny
04-20-2007, 07:17 PM
fifteen to fifteen... seems so far, we are tied...

but I have lots more to share... do you?

Not me. They're ALL guilty until proven innocent as far as I'm concerned.

Samantha
04-20-2007, 09:02 PM
How many Dems have they listed so far? I've seen a couple from the 1930s. LOL! And some that have not been indicted or convicted.

OK here's a list for ya. :D I'll just stick to current events ;)

Randy Duke Cunningham. Republican. CONVICTED
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=1667009&page=1

Tom Delay. Republican. INDICTED
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation/story?id=647725&page=1

John Doolittle. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Category:Members_of_Congress_under _investigation#Rep._John_Doolittle_.28R-Calif..29

Dennis Hastert. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Category:Members_of_Congress_under _investigation#Rep._John_Doolittle_.28R-Calif..29

Jerry Lewis. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.

Tim Murphy. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Rick Renzi. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Bob Beauprez. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Conrad Burns. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Mark Foley. Republican. RESIGNED AFTER FOOLING AROUND WITH YOUNG BOYS http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Category:Members_of_Congress_under _investigation#Rep._John_Doolittle_.28R-Calif..29

Bill Frist. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.

Jim Gibbons. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Katherine Harris. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Jim Kolbe. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Bob Ney. Republican. PLED GUILTY

Curt Weldon. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.

Scooter Libby. Republican. CONVICTED
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/28/leak.probe/

Richard Pombo. Republican. Connected to Delay and Doolittle in Abramoff scandal. Should be under investigation but I can't find anything about an investigation...

While the Senate Indian Affairs Committee has issued subpoenas and conducted an investigation into Jack Abramoff’s dirty dealings with his tribal clients, House Resources Chairman Rep. Richard Pombo (R-CA) has decided to do nothing. Rep. George Miller (D-CA), a member of the Resources committee that has sole jurisidiction over the Marianas, has continually petitioned Pombo for an investigation, to no avail.

The Saipan Garment Manufacturers Association and the Northern Mariana Islands hired Abramoff in 2001 “to stop legislation aimed at cracking down on sweatshops and sex shops” on the islands. In 2001, the association paid Abramoff $460,000 and the Islands paid him $1.1 million. He used these fees to cultivate ties to members of Congress, flying dozens of lawmakers and their aides for luxurious vacations. Abramoff is being investigated for bilking the islands out of money.

One explanation as to why Pombo isn’t investigating: “Pombo has received more than $35,000 in contributions from Abramoff and Indian tribes he represented.” http://thinkprogress.org/2005/12/15/pombo-marianas-investigation/

Alberto Gonzales. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/20/politics/main2712483.shtml

Duncan Hunter. Republican. INVESTIGATED FOR CONNECTIONS Duke Cunningham case.
http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/cats/duncan_hunter/

I could make a longer list if we were to include Republican lobbyists, fundraisers, donators and supporters ;)

loosecannon
04-20-2007, 09:05 PM

So you agree to generous grounds for impeaching Bush and Cheney?

Or did you mis speak?

stephanie
04-20-2007, 09:07 PM
How many Dems have they listed so far? I've seen a couple from the 1930s. LOL! And some that have not been indicted or convicted.

Randy Duke Cunningham. Republican. CONVICTED
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=1667009&page=1

Tom Delay. Republican. INDICTED
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation/story?id=647725&page=1

John Doolittle. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Dennis Hastert. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.

Jerry Lewis. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.

Tim Murphy. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Rick Renzi. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Bob Beauprez. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Conrad Burns. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Mark Foley. Republican. RESIGNED AFTER FOOLING AROUND WITH YOUNG BOYS http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Category:Members_of_Congress_under _investigation#Rep._John_Doolittle_.28R-Calif..29

Bill Frist. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.

Jim Gibbons. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Katherine Harris. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Jim Kolbe. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION

Bob Ney. Republican. PLED GUILTY

Curt Weldon. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.

Scooter Libby. Republican. CONVICTED
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/28/leak.probe/

Richard Pombo. Republican. Connected to Delay and Doolittle in Abramoff scandal. Should be under investigation but I can't find anything about an investigation...

http://thinkprogress.org/2005/12/15/pombo-marianas-investigation/

Alberto Gonzales. Republican. UNDER INVESTIGATION.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/20/politics/main2712483.shtml

Duncan Hunter. Republican. INVESTIGATED FOR CONNECTIONS Duke Cunningham case.
http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/cats/duncan_hunter/

I could make a longer list if we were to include Republican lobbyists, fundraisers, donors and supporters ;)

Didn't you read the thread dear...
We already have 15 Democrats, most of those from Bill Clinton, and those weren't under investigation...They were CONVICTED..
I'm sure there's plenty more, I just didn't want to play anymore...:laugh2:

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 09:17 PM

laffs... well it doesn't work that way in a court of law... thankfully...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 09:24 PM

...snip

I could make a longer list if we were to include Republican lobbyists, fundraisers, donators and supporters ;)

dang sam... you're gonna demoralize the competition with this many all at once... :clap:

Actually, many of those are already on the list, and I am trying to keep this limited to those politicians that have either been indicted or convicted... so perhaps after the righties here see that long list of their own under investigation, they won't want to push including those under investigation...

Let's all do the cockroach stomp!!!

stephanie
04-20-2007, 09:31 PM
dang SAM... you're gonna demoralize the competition with this many all at once... :clap:

Actually, many of those are already on the list, and I am trying to keep this limited to those politicians that have either been indicted or convicted... so perhaps after the righties here see that long list of their own under investigation, they won't want to push including those under investigation...

Let's all do the cockroach stomp!!!

pfffffeeesssh..
We've all agreed that there is plenty of corrupt politicians on BOTH sides..
So your going to need two of :dance: :dance: one to stomp on the Democrats and the other for the Republicans...:poke:

manu1959
04-20-2007, 09:38 PM
http://emporium.turnpike.net/P/ProRev/wwstats.htm

CLINTON SCANDAL STATS
ADMINISTRATION RECORDS SET
- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates **
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad

CRIMES FOR WHICH CONVICTIONS HAVE BEEN OBTAINED
Drug trafficking (3), racketeering, extortion, bribery(4), tax evasion, kickbacks, embezzlement (2), fraud (12), conspiracy (5), fraudulent loans, illegal gifts(1), illegal campaign contributions(5), money laundering (6)

47 individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine were convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes with 33 of these occurring during the Clinton administration itself. There were in addition 61 indictments or misdemeanor charges. 14 persons were imprisoned.

more at link....on both sides of the aisle actually

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 09:42 PM
HUH??

you've got the count down..
How many righties?
How many lefties?

If I counted right...It's like one more for the righties?

that was a joke...

rostenkowski was already mentioned... that's why I didn't add him to the list or count him... cuz he was already ON the list...

laffs...

so far...

I'm going out for a pizza after finishing up the thread but I'll be in for a small visit tomorrow before going out for my local Earth Day festivities...

good luck finding more Dems...

and obtw... sam's list didn't add anything new...

we're still at 15-15...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 09:44 PM
No, actually you don't.

Rep. Gary Condit (D) California

Found guilty by common sense in the murder of the woman with whom he was cheating on his wife with......Chandra Levy. Lost reelection because voters were disgusted with adultering sexual predator male Democrats.

not indicted... not convicted... not counted...

you don't like following other people's rules, do you oca... too damn bad...

Kathianne
04-20-2007, 09:46 PM
not indicted... not convicted... not counted...

you don't like following other people's rules, do you oca... too damn bad...

Oh now, I know that by Denny Hastert was the phrase, "under investigation"...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Didn't you read the thread dear...
We already have 15 Democrats, most of those from Bill Clinton, and those weren't under investigation...They were CONVICTED..
I'm sure there's plenty more, I just didn't want to play anymore...:laugh2:

Actually, steffy, Bubba was the first one added to the list... by YOU as I recall... he can only be added once, so the other 14 on the list have their own legal problems...

and steffy? most of the 15 republicans on the list were convicted too...

currently we stand at 15 to 15...

I'm sure there's plenty more to be found on both sides... Good Luck finding yours...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 09:50 PM
pfffffeeesssh..
We've all agreed that there is plenty of corrupt politicians on BOTH sides..
So your going to need two of :dance: :dance: one to stomp on the Democrats and the other for the Republicans...:poke:

laffs... good point... have I given you any reppage today? cuz that one deserves some...

:dance: :dance:

Let's do the cockaroachy dance!!

manu1959
04-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Actually, steffy, Bubba was the first one added to the list... by YOU as I recall... he can only be added once, so the other 14 on the list have their own legal problems...

and steffy? most of the 15 republicans on the list were convicted too...

currently we stand at 15 to 15...

I'm sure there's plenty more to be found on both sides... Good Luck finding yours...

here is my list.

http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Scandals.htm

William Jefferson Clinton- Impeached by the House of Representatives over allegations of perjury and obstruction of justice, but acquitted by the Senate. Scandals include Whitewater - Travelgate Gennifer Flowersgate - Filegate - Vince Fostergate - Whitewater Billing Recordsgate - Paula Jonesgate- Lincoln Bedroomgate - Donations from Convicted Drug and Weapons Dealersgate - Lippogate - Chinagate - The Lewinsky Affair - Perjury and Jobs for Lewinskygate - Kathleen Willeygate - Web Hubbell Prison Phone Callgate - Selling Military Technology to the Chinesegate - Jaunita Broaddrick Gate - Lootergate - Pardongate

Edward Moore Kennedy - Democrat - U. S. Senator from Massachusetts. Pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, after his car plunged off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne.

Barney Frank - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Massachusetts from 1981 to present. Admitted to having paid Stephen L. Gobie, a male prostitute, for sex and subsequently hiring Gobie as his personal assistant. Gobie used the congressman's Washington apartment for prostitution. A move to expel Frank from the House of Representatives failed and a motion to censure him failed.

DNC - The Federal Election Commission imposed $719,000 in fines against participants in the 1996 Democratic Party fundraising scandals involving contributions from China, Korea and other foreign sources. The Federal Election Commission said it decided to drop cases against contributors of more than $3 million in illegal DNC contributions because the respondents left the country or the corporations are defunct.

Sandy Berger - Democrat - National Security Advisor during the Clinton Administration. Berger became the focus of a criminal investigation after removing highly classified terrorism documents and handwritten notes from the National Archives during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings.

Robert Torricelli - Democrat - Withdrew from the 2002 Senate race with less than 30 days before the election because of controversy over personal gifts he took from a major campaign donor and questions about campaign donations from 1996.

James McGreevey - Democrat - New Jersey Governor . Admitted to having a gay affair. Resigned after allegations of sexual harassment, rumors of being blackmailed on top of fundraising investigations and indictments.

Jesse Jackson - Democrat - Democratic candidate for President. Admitted to having an extramarital affair and fathering a illegitimate child.

Gary Condit - Democrat - US Democratic Congressman from California. Condit had an affair with an intern. Condit, covered up the affair and lied to police after she went missing. No charges were ever filed against Condit. Her remains were discovered in a Washington DC park..

Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde - Democrat - the son of newly elected U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore, was booked on charges of criminal damage to property for allegedly slashing tires on 20 vans and cars rented by the Republican Party for use in Election Day voter turnout efforts.

Daniel David Rostenkowski - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Illinois from 1959 to 1995. Indicted on 17 felony charges- pleaded guilty to two counts of misuse of public funds and sentenced to seventeen months in federal prison.

Melvin Jay Reynolds - U.S. Representative from Illinois from 1993 to 1995. Convicted on sexual misconduct and obstruction of justice charges and sentenced to five years in prison.

Charles Coles Diggs, Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Michigan from 1955 to 1980. Convicted on eleven counts of mail fraud and filing false payroll forms- sentenced to three years in prison.

George Rogers - Democrat - Massachusetts State House of Representatives from 1965 to 1970. M000ember of Massachusetts State Senate from 1975 to 1978. Convicted of bribery in 1978 and sentenced to two years in prison.

Don Siegelman - Democrat Governor Alabama - indicted in a bid-rigging scheme involving a maternity-care program. The charges accused Siegelman and his former chief of staff of helping Tuscaloosa physician Phillip Bobo rig bids. Siegelman was accused of moving $550,000 from the state education budget to the State Fire College in Tuscaloosa so Bobo could use the money to pay off a competitor for a state contract for maternity care.

John Murtha, Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Implicated in the Abscam sting, in which FBI agents impersonating Arab businessmen offered bribes to political figures; Murtha was cited as an unindicted co-conspirator

Gerry Eastman Studds - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Massachusetts from 1973 to 1997. The first openly gay member of Congress. Censured by the House of Representatives for having sexual relations with a teenage House page.

James C. Green - Democrat - North Carolina State House of Representatives from 1961 to 1977. Charged with accepting a bribe from an undercover FBI agent, but was acquitted. Convicted of tax evasion in 1997.

Frederick Richmond - Democrat - U.S. Representative from New York from 1975 to 1982. Arrested in Washington, D.C., in 1978 for soliciting sex from a minor and from an undercover police officer - pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor. Also - charged with tax evasion, marijuana possession, and improper payments to a federal employee - pleaded guilty.

Raymond Lederer - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania from 1977 to 1981. Implicated in the Abscam sting - convicted of bribery and sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000.

Harrison Arlington Williams, Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Senator from New Jersey from 1959 to 1970. Implicated in the Abscam sting. Allegedly accepted an 18% interest in a titanium mine. Convicted of nine counts of bribery, conspiracy, receiving an unlawful gratuity, conflict of interest, and interstate travel in aid of racketeering. Sentenced to three years in prison and fined $50,000.

Frank Thompson, Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from New Jersey from 1955 to 1980. Implicated in the Abscam sting, convicted on bribery and conspiracy charges. Sentenced to three years in prison

Michael Joseph Myers - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania from 1976 to 1980. Implicated in the Abscam sting - convicted of bribery and conspiracy; sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000; expelled from the House of Representatives on October 2, 1980.

John Michael Murphy - Democrat - U.S. Representative from New York from 1963 to 1981. Implicated in the Abscam sting. Convicted of conspiracy, conflict of interest, and accepting an illegal gratuity. Sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000.

John Wilson Jenrette, Jr - Democrat - U.S. Representative from South Carolina from 1975 to 1980. Implicated in the Abscam sting. Convicted on bribery and conspiracy charges and sentenced to prison

Neil Goldschmidt - Democrat - Oregon governor. Admitted to having an illegal sexual relationship with a 14-year-old teenager while he was serving as Mayor of Portland.

Alcee Lamar Hastings - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Florida. Impeached and removed from office as federal judge in 1989 over bribery charges.

Marion Barry - Democrat - mayor of Washington, D.C., from 1979 to 1991 and again from 1995 to 1999. Convicted of cocaine possession after being caught on videotape smoking crack cocaine. Sentenced to six months in prison.

Mario Biaggi - Democrat - U.S. Representative from New York from 1969 to 1988. Indicted on federal charges that he had accepted bribes in return for influence on federal contracts.Convicted of obstructing justice and accepting illegal gratuities. Tried in 1988 on federal racketeering charges and convicted on 15 felony counts.

Lee Alexander - Democrat - Mayor of Syracuse, N.Y. from 1970 to 1985. Was indicted over a $1.5 million kickback scandal. Pleaded guilty to racketeering and tax evasion charges. Served six years in prison.

Bill Campbell - Democrat - Mayor of Atlanta. Indicted and charged with fraud over claims he accepted improper payments from contractors seeking city contracts.

Frank Ballance - Democrat - Congressman North Carolina. Pleaded guilty to one charge of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and money laundering related to mishandling of money by his charitable foundation.

Hazel O'Leary - Democrat - Secretary of Energy during the Clinton Administration - O'leary took trips all over the world as Secretary with as many 50 staff members and at times rented a plane, which was used by Madonna during her concert tours.

Lafayette Thomas - Democrat - Candidate for Tennessee State House of Representatives in 1954. Sheriff of Davidson County, from 1972 to 1990. Indicted in federal court on 54 counts of abusing his power as sheriff. Pleaded guilty to theft and mail fraud; sentenced to five years in prison.

Mary Rose Oakar - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Ohio from 1977 to 1993. Pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor charges of funneling $16,000 through fake donors.

David Giles - Democrat - candidate for U.S. Representative from Washington in 1986 and 1990. Convicted in June 2000 of child rape.

Gary Siplin - Democrat state senator Florida- found guilty of third-degree grand theft of $5,000 or more, a felony, and using services of employees for his candidacy.

Edward Mezvinsky - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Iowa from 1973 to 1977. Indicted on 56 federal fraud charges.

Lena Swanson - Democrat - Member of Washington State Senate in 1997. Pleaded guilty to charges of soliciting unlawful payments from veterans and former prisoners of war.

Abraham J. Hirschfeld - Democrat - candidate in Democratic primary for U.S. Senator from New York in 1974 and 1976. Offered Paula Jones $1 million to drop her sexual harassment lawsuit against President Bill Clinton. Convicted in 2000 of trying to hire a hit man to kill his business partner.

Henry Cisneros - Democrat - U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development from 1993 to 1997. Pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of lying to the FBI.

James A. Traficant Jr. - Member of House of Representatives from Ohio. Expelled from Congress after being convicted of corruption charges. Sentenced today to eight years in prison for accepting bribes and kickbacks.

John Doug Hays - Democrat - member of Kentucky State Senate from 1980 to 1982 Found guilty of mail fraud for submitting false campaign reports stemming from an unsuccessful run for judge. He was sentenced to six months in prison to be followed by six months of home confinement and three years of probation.

Henry J. Cianfrani - Democrat - Pennsylvania State Senate from 1967 to 1976. Convicted on federal charges of racketeering and mail fraud for padding his Senate payroll. Sentenced to five years in federal prison.

David Hall - Democrat - Governor of Oklahoma from 1971 to 1975. Indicted on extortion and conspiracy charges. Convicted and sentenced to three years in prison.

John A. Celona - Democrat - A former state senator was charged with the three counts of mail fraud. Federal prosecutors accused him of defrauding the state and collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars from CVS Corp. and others while serving in the legislature. Celona has agreed to plead guilty to taking money from the CVS pharmacy chain and other companies that had interest in legislation. Under the deal, Celona agreed to cooperate with investigators. He faces up to five years in federal prison on each of the three counts and a $250,000 fine

Allan Turner Howe - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Utah from 1975 to 1977. Arrested for soliciting a policewoman posing as a prostitute.

Jerry Cosentino - Democrat - Illinois State Treasurer. Pleaded guilty to bank fraud - fined $5,000 and sentenced to nine months home confinement.

Joseph Waggonner Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Louisiana from 1961 to 19 79. Arrested in Washington, D.C. for soliciting a policewoman posing as a prostitute

Albert G. Bustamante - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Texas from 1985 to 1993. Convicted in 1993 on racketeering and bribery charges and sentenced to prison.

Lawrence Jack Smith - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Florida from 1983 to 1993. Sentenced to three months in federal prison for tax evasion.

David Lee Walters - Democrat - Governor of Oklahoma from 1991 to 1995. Pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor election law violation.

James Guy Tucker, Jr. - Democrat - Governor of Arkansas from 1992 to 1996. Resigned in July 1996 after conviction on federal fraud charges as part of the Whitewater investigation.

Walter Rayford Tucker - Democrat - Mayor of Compton, California from 1991 to 1992; U.S. Representative from California from 1993 to 1995. Sentenced to 27 months in prison for extortion and tax evasion.

William McCuen - Democrat - Secretary of State of Arkansas from 1985 to 1995. Admitted accepting kickbacks from two supporters he gave jobs, and not paying taxes on the money. Admitted to conspiring with a political consultant to split $53,560 embezzled from the state in a sham transaction. He was indicted on corruption charges. Pleaded guilty to felony counts tax evasion and accepting a kickback. Sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Walter Fauntroy - Democrat - Delegate to U.S. Congress from the District of Columbia from 1971 to 1991. Charged in federal court with making false statements on financial disclosure forms. Pleaded guilty to one felony count and sentenced to probation.

Carroll Hubbard, Jr. - Democrat - Kentucky State Senate from 1968 to 1975 and U.S. Representative from Kentucky from 1975 to 1993. Pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the Federal Elections Commission and to theft of government property; sentenced to three years in prison.

Joseph Kolter - Democrat - member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from 1969 to 1982 and U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania from 1983 to 1993. Indicted by a Federal grand jury on five felony charges of embezzlement at the U.S. House post office. Pleaded guilty.

Webster Hubbell - Democrat - Chief Justice of Arkansas State Supreme Court in 1983. Pleaded guilty to federal mail fraud and tax evasion charges - sentenced to 21 months in prison.

Nicholas Mavroules - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Massachusetts from 1979 to 1993. Pleaded guilty to charges of tax fraud and accepting gratuities while in office.

Carl Christopher Perkins - Democrat - Kentucky State House of Representatives from 1981 to 1984 and U.S. Representative from Kentucky from 1985 to 1993. Pleaded guilty to bank fraud in connection with the House banking scandal. Perkins wrote overdrafts totaling about $300,000. Pleaded guilty to charges of filing false statements with the Federal Election Commission and false financial disclosure reports. Sentenced to 21 months in prison.

Richard Hanna - Democrat - U.S. Representative from California from 1963 to 1974. Received payments of about $200,000 from a Korean businessman in what became known as the "Koreagate" influence buying scandal. Pleaded guilty and sentenced to federal prison.

Angelo Errichetti - Democrat - New Jersey State Senator was sentenced to six years in prison and fined $40,000 for his involvement in Abscam.

Daniel Baugh Brewster - Democrat - U.S. Senator from Maryland. Indicted on charges of accepting illegal gratuity while in Senate.

Thomas Joseph Dodd - Democrat - U.S. Senator from Connecticut. Censured by the Senate for financial improprieties, having diverted $116,000 in campaign and testimonial funds to his own use

Edward Fretwell Prichard, Jr. - Democrat - Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kentucky. Convicted of vote fraud in federal court in connection with ballot-box stuffing. Served five months in prison.

Jerry Springer - Democrat - Resigned from Cincinnati City Council in 1974 after admitting to paying a prostitute with a personal check, which was found in a police raid on a massage parlor.

Guy Hamilton Jones, Sr. - Democrat -Arkansas State Senate. Convicted on federal tax charges and expelled from the Arkansas Senate.

Daniel Flood - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania from 1945 to 1947, 1949 to 1953 and 1955 to 1980. Pleaded guilty to a conspiracy charge involving payoffs and sentenced to probation.

Otto Kerner, Jr - Democrat - Governor of Illinois from 1961 to 1968. While serving as Governor, he and another official made a gain of over $300,000 in a stock deal. Convicted on 17 counts of bribery, conspiracy, perjury, and related charges. Sentenced to three years in federal prison and fined $50,000.

George Crockett, Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Michigan. Served four months in federal prison for contempt of court following his defense of a Communist leader on trial for advocating the overthrow of the government.

Cornelius Edward Gallagher - Democrat - U.S. Representative from New Jersey from 1959 to 1973. Indicted on federal charges of income tax evasion, conspiracy, and perjury

Mark B. Jimenez - Democrat fundraiser - sentenced to 27 months in prison on charges of tax evasion and conspiracy to defraud the United States and commit election financing offenses.

Bobby Lee Rush - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Illinois. As a Black Panther, spent six months in prison on a weapons charge.

Bolley ''Bo'' Johnson - Democrat - Former Florida House Speaker - received a two-year term for tax evasion.

Roger L. Green - Democrat - Brooklyn Democrat Assemblyman. Pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for accepting travel reimbursement for trips he did not pay for and was sentenced to fines and probation.

Gloria Davis - Democrat - Bronx assemblywoman. Pleaded guilty to second-degree bribe-taking.

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 09:55 PM
http://emporium.turnpike.net/P/ProRev/wwstats.htm

CLINTON SCANDAL STATS
ADMINISTRATION RECORDS SET
- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates **
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad

CRIMES FOR WHICH CONVICTIONS HAVE BEEN OBTAINED
Drug trafficking (3), racketeering, extortion, bribery(4), tax evasion, kickbacks, embezzlement (2), fraud (12), conspiracy (5), fraudulent loans, illegal gifts(1), illegal campaign contributions(5), money laundering (6)

47 individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine were convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes with 33 of these occurring during the Clinton administration itself. There were in addition 61 indictments or misdemeanor charges. 14 persons were imprisoned.

current score is 15 to 15... bubba and cisneros are on the list...

as I told OCA... if you want some dems added to the list, you have to put them in here yourself... I'm not going to do it for you.

but thanks, I will use the repubs on the list you provided... tomorrow...

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 09:58 PM

yes, that's why I didn't count him... he's neither convicted nor indicted...

15 to 15...

Left:
Bubba
Marion Barry
Gerry Studds
Daniel Rostenkowski
Henry Cisnos
Rep. Albert Bustamante
Rep. Walter Fauntroy
Rep. Carroll Hubbard Jr.
Rep. Joseph Kolter
Rep. Nicholas Mavroules

Rep. Mary Rose Oakar
Rep. Carl Perkins Jr.
Rep. Mel Reynolds
Rep. Larry Smith
Rep. Walter Tucker III

Right:
Scooter VP Aide
Mayor Jim West
VP Spiro Agnew
Rep Tom Delay
Rep Jay Kim
Rep Donald "Buz" Lukens
Rep Robert Ney
Rep Janklow

Tony Rudy, DeLay aide
Neil Volz, aide to Ney
William Heaton aide to ney
Mayor Philip Giordano

TheStripey1
04-20-2007, 10:01 PM
here is my list.

damn manu... :clap:

I'm not going to read all those now... see you tomorrow...

It's time for PIZZZZA!!!

Kathianne
04-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Well now, that's fair!

manu1959
04-20-2007, 10:27 PM
70 to 15...

Left:
Bubba
Marion Barry
Gerry Studds
Daniel Rostenkowski
Henry Cisneros
Albert Bustamante
Walter Fauntroy
Carroll Hubbard Jr.
Joseph Kolter
Nicholas Mavroules
Mary Rose Oakar
Carl Perkins Jr.
Mel Reynolds
Larry Smith
Walter Tucker III
Edward Moore Kennedy
Barney Frank
Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde
Charles Coles Diggs, Jr.
George Rogers
Don Siegelman
James C. Green
Frederick Richmond
Raymond Lederer
Harrison Arlington Williams, Jr.
Frank Thompson, Jr.
Michael Joseph Myers
John Michael Murphy
John Wilson Jenrette, Jr
Neil Goldschmidt
Alcee Lamar Hastings
Mario Biaggi
Lee Alexander
Bill Campbell
Frank Ballance
Lafayette Thomas
David Giles
Gary Siplin
Edward Mezvinsky
Lena Swanson
Abraham J. Hirschfeld
James A. Traficant Jr.
John Doug Hays
Henry J. Cianfrani
David Hall
John A. Celona
Allan Turner Howe
Jerry Cosentino
Joseph Waggonner Jr.
Lawrence Jack
David Lee Walters
James Guy Tucker, Jr.
William McCuen
Webster Hubbell
Richard Hanna
Angelo Errichetti
Daniel Baugh Brewster
Thomas Joseph Dodd
Edward Fretwell Prichard, Jr.
Jerry Springer
Guy Hamilton Jones, Sr.
Daniel Flood
Otto Kerner, Jr
George Crockett, Jr.
Cornelius Edward Gallagher
Mark B. Jimenez
Bobby Lee Rush
Bolley ''Bo'' Johnson
Roger L. Green
Gloria Davis

Right:
Scooter VP Aide
Mayor Jim West
VP Spiro Agnew
Rep Tom Delay
Rep Jay Kim
Rep Donald "Buz" Lukens
Rep Robert Ney
Rep Janklow
Tony Rudy, DeLay aide
Neil Volz, aide to Ney
Mayor Philip Giordano

Samantha
04-20-2007, 10:28 PM
OK here's another.

CONCORD, N.H. --Former Republican National Committee official James Tobin was sentenced to 10 months in prison Wednesday for his role in an Election Day phone-jamming plot against New Hampshire Democrats.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2006/05/17/former_gop_official_to_be_sentenced_on_phone_jammi ng_charges/

Samantha
04-20-2007, 10:34 PM
And Mark Foley isn't on the list. Don't we include child predators?

shattered
04-20-2007, 10:35 PM
70 to 15...

Left:
Bubba
Marion Barry
Gerry Studds
Daniel Rostenkowski
Henry Cisneros
Albert Bustamante
Walter Fauntroy
Carroll Hubbard Jr.
Joseph Kolter
Nicholas Mavroules
Mary Rose Oakar
Carl Perkins Jr.
Mel Reynolds
Larry Smith
Walter Tucker III
Edward Moore Kennedy
Barney Frank
Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde
Charles Coles Diggs, Jr.
George Rogers
Don Siegelman
James C. Green
Frederick Richmond
Raymond Lederer
Harrison Arlington Williams, Jr.
Frank Thompson, Jr.
Michael Joseph Myers
John Michael Murphy
John Wilson Jenrette, Jr
Neil Goldschmidt
Alcee Lamar Hastings
Mario Biaggi
Lee Alexander
Bill Campbell
Frank Ballance
Lafayette Thomas
David Giles
Gary Siplin
Edward Mezvinsky
Lena Swanson
Abraham J. Hirschfeld
James A. Traficant Jr.
John Doug Hays
Henry J. Cianfrani
David Hall
John A. Celona
Allan Turner Howe
Jerry Cosentino
Joseph Waggonner Jr.
Lawrence Jack
David Lee Walters
James Guy Tucker, Jr.
William McCuen
Webster Hubbell
Richard Hanna
Angelo Errichetti
Daniel Baugh Brewster
Thomas Joseph Dodd
Edward Fretwell Prichard, Jr.
Jerry Springer
Guy Hamilton Jones, Sr.
Daniel Flood
Otto Kerner, Jr
George Crockett, Jr.
Cornelius Edward Gallagher
Mark B. Jimenez
Bobby Lee Rush
Bolley ''Bo'' Johnson
Roger L. Green
Gloria Davis

Right:
Scooter VP Aide
Mayor Jim West
VP Spiro Agnew
Rep Tom Delay
Rep Jay Kim
Rep Donald "Buz" Lukens
Rep Robert Ney
Rep Janklow
Tony Rudy, DeLay aide
Neil Volz, aide to Ney
Mayor Philip Giordano

LMAO!! I guess that takes care of that.. :D

manu1959
04-20-2007, 10:40 PM

include whoever you want copy the list add yours and paste em in....

Samantha
04-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Bob Taft, Republican. Convicted - ethics violations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/18/AR2005081800319.html

Ernie Fletcher, Republican. Indicted - Official misconduct.

http://www.bluegrassreport.org/bluegrass_politics/2006/05/grand_jury_indi.html

Brian Doyle, Republican. Convicted -child porn.

The criminal child seduction and pornography charges filed in Florida against the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Deputy Press Secretary, Brian Doyle, alleging that he tried to seduce someone over the internet whom he believed was a 14-year-old child, sending pornographic video images via e-mail.

http://news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/chldprn/fladoyle32806cr.html

Lester Crawford, a former commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). According to an October 17, 2006, Associated Press article, Crawford "abruptly resigned" from the FDA in September 2005 and pleaded guilty to charges of "conflict of interest and false reporting of information about stocks he owned in food, beverage and medical device companies he was in charge of regulating" in October 2006. According to the AP article, "eginning in 2002, Crawford filed seven incorrect financial reports with a government ethics office and Congress, leading to the charges."

[B]Brian J. Doyle, former deputy press secretary for the Department of Homeland Security. On September 19, 2006, Doyle "pleaded no contest to seven counts of using a computer to seduce a child and 16 counts of transmitting harmful material to a minor," according to The Ledger of Lakeland, Florida.
Claude A. Allen, former assistant to the president for domestic policy. Allen resigned in February 2006 after a January 2006 police investigation concerning multiple fraudulent returns to a Target store in Gaithersburg, Maryland. On August 4, 2006, Allen pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor theft.

David H. Safavian, a former chief of staff of the General Services Administration. Safavian was found guilty of lying and obstructing justice in June 2006. According to a June 21, 2006, article in The Washington Post, Safavian resigned "days before" his September 2005 arrest. The Post added that he "was convicted in U.S. District Court ... of covering up his many efforts to assist [disgraced Republican lobbyist Jack] Abramoff in acquiring two properties controlled by the GSA, and also of concealing facts about a lavish weeklong golf trip he took with Abramoff to Scotland and London in the summer of 2002."

John T. Korsmo, former chairman of the Federal Housing Finance Board. On April 7, 2005, Korsmo "pleaded guilty to one count of making false statements to the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee, which oversees the Finance Board, and the Inspector General for the Finance Board." The Senate committee and inspector general were investigating Korsmo's participation in an October 2002 congressional fundraising event.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200703080005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yeUYBIbGU

Samantha
04-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I gave links for everyone on my list. I'd like to see links to the people on your list to prove they are for real. I've never heard of most of them.

loosecannon
04-20-2007, 10:50 PM

That was 90% due to the fact that an entirely unprecedented amount of slanderous and investigatory scrutiny haunted the Clintons.

It was due in part to the character of the Clintons.

And it was due in part to the filfth that politics has become.

Hillary is a neocon.

I deeply hope she is NOT the demcandy in 08. And i hope that all of ya'll will join in a united effort to nominate far, far, far better candidates for our higher office.

Do you realize that in 26 years the ONLY dems to hold the office of the presidency are Clintons.

Since Kennedy's death 44 years ago only 3 dems have been elected to that office.

And in the last 26 years there has been a Clinton or a Bush in the WH continuously? And we are on a path to extend that 6-10 more years if things evolve without kinks.

Can you imagine 36 years in a row with a Clinton or a Bush in the WH?

Does it occur to any of you that there is something WRONG with this picture?

VERY wrong?

manu1959
04-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I gave links for everyone on my list. I'd like to see links to the people on your list to prove they are for real. I've never heard of most of them.

posted earlier in this thread and in a different thread...you dismissed them all out of hand

manu1959
04-20-2007, 10:53 PM
That was 90% due to the fact that an entirely unprecedented amount of slanderous and investigatory scrutiny haunted the Clintons.

It was due in part to the character of the Clintons.

And it was due in part to the filfth that politics has become.

Hillary is a neocon.

I deeply hope she is NOT the demcandy in 08. And i hope that all of ya'll will join in a united effort to nominate far, far, far better candidates for our higher office.

Do you realize that in 26 years the ONLY dems to hold the office of the presidency are Clintons.
Since Kennedy's death 44 years ago only 3 dems have been elected to that office.

And in the last 26 years there has been a Clinton or a Bush in the WH continuously? And we are on a path to extend that 6-10 more years if things evolve without kinks.

VERY wrong?

yes something is amiss .... we do need some one outside their circle...i like the "freudian" slip of the use of the clintons...plural....

loosecannon
04-20-2007, 10:57 PM
70 to 15...

I know it looks like you won the war manu. Don't count your chicks yet.

Post links to support those you got and go out and feverishly search for more. Bust your nuts.

It ain't over till it's over. And it ain't over. It ain't yet begun.

manu1959
04-20-2007, 10:58 PM

Post links to support those you got and go out and feverishly search for more. Bust your nuts.

not my war .....just posted what i had .... i am sure you all will get to work to beat 70...looks like you allready have added non elected folks to your list ..... link was posted .... in two different threads including this one

Samantha
04-21-2007, 12:00 PM
manu you need to back up your list with sources so we know who they are. If they are on another thread it should be easy for you to put them here.

This is a list of politicians indicted or convicted. Your list is filled with people I've never heard of. My list is as well, but with links to who they are and what they've done.

You can't count business owners during the Clinton administration.

manu1959
04-21-2007, 12:02 PM
manu you need to back up your list with sources so we know who they are. If they are on another thread it should be easy for you to put them here.

This is a list of politicians indicted or convicted. Your list is filled with people I've never heard of. My list is as well, but with links to who they are and what they've done.

You can't count business owners during the Clinton administration.

the list and charges are all posted in this thread.....and if only politicians then you need to remove aids etc....

loosecannon
04-21-2007, 09:17 PM
not my war .....just posted what i had .... i am sure you all will get to work to beat 70...looks like you allready have added non elected folks to your list ..... link was posted .... in two different threads including this one

The operative word is LINKS not link.

A link for each one is the standard.

You have to provide a link for each one. The link should confirm that they were indicted and what for.

manu1959
04-21-2007, 09:23 PM
The operative word is LINKS not link.

A link for each one is the standard.

You have to provide a link for each one. The link should confirm that they were indicted and what for.

oh my i didn't post a link for each conviction guess that means they are all not guilty....blow me ass wipe

loosecannon
04-21-2007, 10:44 PM
oh my i didn't post a link for each conviction guess that means they are all not guilty....blow me ass wipe

The links are important ass wipe because they verify the criminals you have provided the contest with.

And being able to verify each and every one is critical to your cause.

So far it looks like the republicans are going to outnumber the democrats by at least 1.125: 1.

With such a close race it is important that each of your candidates be verified rather than dismissed.

I mean you have all the names. Is there a problem verifying them?

manu1959
04-21-2007, 10:49 PM
The links are important ass wipe because they verify the criminals you have provided the contest with.

So far it looks like the republicans are going to outnumber the democrats by at least 1.125: 1.

With such a close race it is important that each of your candidates be verified rather than dismissed.

i posted the link and the charges....

loosecannon
04-21-2007, 11:00 PM
i posted the link and the charges....

a link proving each one manu.

This should be easy and a fifteen minute task since you posted quite a few.

The point is that each one has to be verified.

If you need help then perhaps one of our staff could help, but you gotta make an effort son.

Without links to verify each one I dunno if they will be counted.

manu1959
04-21-2007, 11:19 PM
a link proving each one manu.

This should be easy and a fifteen minute task since you posted quite a few.

The point is that each one has to be verified.

If you need help then perhaps one of our staff could help, but you gotta make an effort son.

Without links to verify each one I dunno if they will be counted.

then don't count that kennedy drove off a bridge drunk with a slut in th seat next to him.....seen the opening scene to casino royal?....i know where you keep your gun....

loosecannon
04-21-2007, 11:32 PM
then don't count that kennedy drove off a bridge drunk with a slut in th seat next to him.....seen the opening scene to casino royal?....i know where you keep your gun....

Stripey didn't count Kennedy as I recall because he wasn't indicted or convicted.

It is your call, you are gonna need all of those entries later tho.

You will need to hunt them all down eventually.

I would hate to have the GOP proven to be the party of corruption because you wouldn't hunt down some links.

manu1959
04-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Stripey didn't count Kennedy as I recall because he wasn't indicted or convicted.

It is your call, you are gonna need all of those entries later tho.

You will need to hunt them all down eventually.

I would hate to have the GOP proven to be the party of corruption because you wouldn't hunt down some links.

teddy admited to leaving the scene o f the crime...driving drunk ...killed a girl.....guilty.....

don't care who is corrupt.....except for you.....i know you are corrrupt....

Samantha
04-21-2007, 11:42 PM
You posted a long ass list, with all kinds of people and all kinds of charges. Since we are looking for politicians indicted or convicted, your list is very sloppy, and from a biased non credible source.

I'm asking for real sources, with legit stories.

manu1959
04-21-2007, 11:42 PM
teddy admited to leaving the scene o f the crime...driving drunk ...killed a girl.....guilty.....

Edward Moore Kennedy - Democrat - U. S. Senator from Massachusetts. Pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, after his car plunged off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne.

loosecannon
04-21-2007, 11:43 PM

Kennedy wasn't indicted or convicted, neither was i .

You can't claim me you commy faggot bastard!!!

Suit yourself, if you won't support your contributions I doubt Stripey will be able to include them.

Hate to see your party permanently established as the party of corruption just because you were too busy to search up some links.

But if that is what you want....

manu1959
04-21-2007, 11:45 PM
You posted a long ass list, with all kinds of people and all kinds of charges. Since we are looking for politicians indicted or convicted, your list is very sloppy, and from a biased non credible source.

I'm asking for real sources, with legit stories.

you prove them otherwise .... they are all guilty it is common knowledge.....

manu1959
04-21-2007, 11:46 PM

Suit yourself, if you won't support your contributions I doubt Stripey will be able to include them.

Hate to see your party permanently established as the party of corruption just because you were too busy to search up some links.

teddy ..... your dunken poster boy plead guilty you stupid fuck...look it up

Samantha
04-21-2007, 11:48 PM
you prove them otherwise .... they are all guilty it is common knowledge.....If you can't back up your list with a credible source, we just won't be able to count the ones we haven't heard of before. That makes a pretty short list. Your choice. It's not up to me to prove that what you say is true, that's your job.

loosecannon
04-21-2007, 11:50 PM
teddy ..... your dunken poster boy plead guilty you stupid fuck...look it up

LINK?

loosecannon
04-21-2007, 11:51 PM

so LINKS should be easy to find.

Your choice.

manu1959
04-21-2007, 11:53 PM
so LINKS should be easy to find.

Your choice.

i provided the links and the charges.....if you dont belive they are true then just prove otherwise......it should be easy to find ....your choice...

manu1959
04-21-2007, 11:55 PM
If you can't back up your list with a credible source, we just won't be able to count the ones we haven't heard of before. That makes a pretty short list. Your choice. It's not up to me to prove that what you say is true, that's your job.

then don't count them....what you think the truth is matters not to me...believe what you will....

Birdzeye
04-22-2007, 12:09 PM
OK, since Manu thinks links aren't required, here's one:

Mark McGuire (R), former Secretary of Transportation for Pennsylvania, was forced to resign his position after being caught taking bribes from contractors competing for state road building contracts. He was later convicted and served time in prison.

Using Manu's rules, you don't get a link from me, just a research assignment to verify my allegation.

(I hope you realize that this is totally made up, just to make a point about Manu's position.) :coffee:

Birdzeye
04-22-2007, 12:11 PM
posted earlier in this thread and in a different thread...you dismissed them all out of hand

Then do us the favor of linking to that post, OK? :link:

Samantha
04-22-2007, 02:36 PM
People who refuse to back up their posts with valid links are generally lying.

Sitarro
04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Rep Tom DeLay
Participated in a conspiracy to funnel corporate donations to state political candidates through the Republican National Committee. Forced in shame to step down as House Republican leader after he was indicted by a Texas grand jury on charges of conspiracy. He is the first House leader to be indicted while in office in more than a century.

Poor choice, I may not be a big fan of Mr. Delay but this is purely a criminally overzealous prosecutor that has a serious mental problem wasting taxpayers money. When you have to go through as many grand juries as he has to find one to coerce into bringing charges, something is wrong. It is nothing but the Democrat political machine doing their best to take down powerful opposition, they are only about regaining power, not about what is best for this country.

I nominate Governor Edwin Edwards, Democrat from Louisiana, the definition of corruption and sloth like behavior. He is serving time in jail as we speak for his awful conduct as a Governor and a man. My father was a corporate pilot that flew Edwards a lot in the seventies, nice guy and totally full of shit(had young girls waiting in the hanger to go on trips to Vegas with him, paid for by oil service companies). He used to send buses through the black neighborhoods on election day. They would go vote after eating at Churches Fried Chicken for lunch on the way to the polls(paid for out of the Edwards campaign funds). I was a Democrat back then in College and worked on his campaign, got to party with the niece quite a bit, I even gave him a set of prints of some Louisiana scenes that I had painted. This guy is one of the many reasons for New Orleans and their many problems.

stephanie
04-22-2007, 02:56 PM
I say....there's too many damned corrupt politicans.....ON BOTH SIDES..

They should ALL be kicked out of office.........ON BOTH SIDES..

the link.......stephaniesays@myself:cheers2:

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM

that's why I neither added him to the list nor counted him in the total... but since the weekend is over, I'm back now... and I have to say... NOT looking forward to manu's coming post...

laffs...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
here is my list.

ok, I have boldened all that IMO, qualify and not those that either are duplicates or were not indicted or convicted, as per your list... if you choose to research them further and find that they were indicted or convicted, I will of course add them in...

ok... bubba's already on the list...
Ted Kennedy... I didn't know he plead guilty...
Frank, was he convicted or indicted?
DNC is not a person...
Sandy Berger... I know he plead guilty...
Robert Torricelli... neiither convicted nor indicted...
James McGreevey... neither convicted nor indicted...
Jesse Jackson... neither convicted nor indicted...
Gary Condit... no charges filed...
son of a democrat... I guess since he was charged that we'll have to count it...
Rostenkowski... is on the list already
Melvin Jay Reynolds...
Charles Coles Diggs, Jr...
George Rogers...
Don Siegelman...
Murtha... not indicted or convicted...
Studds... already counted
James C. Green
Frederick Richmond...
Raymond Lederer...

Harrison Arlington Williams, Jr...
Frank Thompson, Jr...
Michael Joseph Myers...
John Michael Murphy...
John Wilson Jenrette, Jr...
Neil Goldschmidt... altho despicable behavior to be sure, he was neither indicted nor convicted... unless you have other links that say he was, I'm not going to count this one...
Alcee Lamar Hastings...
Marion Barry... already on the list
Mario Biaggi...
Lee Alexander...
Bill Campbell...
Frank Ballance...

Hazel O'Leary... neither indicted nor convicted...
Lafayette Thomas...
Mary Rose Oakar...
David Giles...
Gary Siplin...
Edward Mezvinsky...
Lena Swanson...
Abraham J. Hirschfeld...
Henry Cisneros... already counted...
James A. Traficant Jr...
John Doug Hays...
Henry J. Cianfrani...

David Hall...
John A. Celona...
Allan Turner Howe... neither indicted nor convicted...
Jerry Cosentino...
Joseph Waggonner Jr... arrested not convicted or indicted...
Albert G. Bustamante...
Lawrence Jack Smith...
David Lee Walters...
James Guy Tucker, Jr...
William McCuen...
Walter Fauntroy...
Carroll Hubbard, Jr...

Joseph Kolter...
Webster Hubbell...
Nicholas Mavroules...
Carl Christopher Perkins...
Richard Hanna... Koreagate??? never heard of that gate... laffs
Angelo Errichetti...
Daniel Baugh Brewster...
Thomas Joseph Dodd... censured, not indicted or convicted...
Edward Fretwell Prichard, Jr....
Jerry Springer... not convicted or indicted... uhhh is that THE Jerry Springer or a different one?
Guy Hamilton Jones, Sr...
Daniel Flood...

Otto Kerner, Jr...
George Crockett, Jr....
Cornelius Edward Gallagher...
Mark B. Jimenez...
Mark B. Jimenez... not sure about this one, manu... did he do his time before he became a rep? or after?
Bolley ''Bo'' Johnson...
Roger L. Green...
Gloria Davis...

whew... the tiger wipes sweat from his brow...

ok... let's see what we have...
47... wow, good job, manu... a very good job indeed... looks like there has been a plethora of democrats who can't seem to keep their hands off other peoples' money...

new score:
lefties 62...
righties 15...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:14 PM
OK here's another.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2006/05/17/former_gop_official_to_be_sentenced_on_phone_jammi ng_charges/

good job... 62 to 16

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:15 PM

Of course we do, but he was neither indicted nor convicted... he only resigned... in disgrace...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:17 PM
LMAO!! I guess that takes care of that.. :D

no, not really... manu sure put up a lot, that's true, but I'm not done putting up mine...

laffs...

rubbs pawws...

manu1959
04-23-2007, 04:18 PM
no, not really... manu sure put up a lot, that's true, but I'm not done putting up mine...

laffs...

rubbs pawws...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/25/newsid_2763000/2763525.stm

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:18 PM

as I said when I compilied your list... some of those don't qualify as they weren't convicted or indicted...

62-16

manu1959
04-23-2007, 04:22 PM
ok, I have boldened all that IMO, qualify and not those that either are duplicates or were not indicted or convicted, as per your list... if you choose to research them further and find that they were indicted or convicted, I will of course add them in...

ok... bubba's already on the list...
Ted Kennedy... I didn't know he plead guilty...
Frank, was he convicted or indicted?
DNC is not a person...
Sandy Berger... I know he plead guilty...
Robert Torricelli... neiither convicted nor indicted...
James McGreevey... neither convicted nor indicted...
Jesse Jackson... neither convicted nor indicted...
Gary Condit... no charges filed...
son of a democrat... I guess since he was charged that we'll have to count it...
Rostenkowski... is on the list already
Melvin Jay Reynolds...
Charles Coles Diggs, Jr...
George Rogers...
Don Siegelman...
Murtha... not indicted or convicted...
Studds... already counted
James C. Green
Frederick Richmond...
Raymond Lederer...

Harrison Arlington Williams, Jr...
Frank Thompson, Jr...
Michael Joseph Myers...
John Michael Murphy...
John Wilson Jenrette, Jr...
Neil Goldschmidt... altho despicable behavior to be sure, he was neither indicted nor convicted... unless you have other links that say he was, I'm not going to count this one...
Alcee Lamar Hastings...
Marion Barry... already on the list
Mario Biaggi...
Lee Alexander...
Bill Campbell...
Frank Ballance...

Hazel O'Leary... neither indicted nor convicted...
Lafayette Thomas...
Mary Rose Oakar...
David Giles...
Gary Siplin...
Edward Mezvinsky...
Lena Swanson...
Abraham J. Hirschfeld...
Henry Cisneros... already counted...
James A. Traficant Jr...
John Doug Hays...
Henry J. Cianfrani...

David Hall...
John A. Celona...
Allan Turner Howe... neither indicted nor convicted...
Jerry Cosentino...
Joseph Waggonner Jr... arrested not convicted or indicted...
Albert G. Bustamante...
Lawrence Jack Smith...
David Lee Walters...
James Guy Tucker, Jr...
William McCuen...
Walter Fauntroy...
Carroll Hubbard, Jr...

Joseph Kolter...
Webster Hubbell...
Nicholas Mavroules...
Carl Christopher Perkins...
Richard Hanna... Koreagate??? never heard of that gate... laffs
Angelo Errichetti...
Daniel Baugh Brewster...
Thomas Joseph Dodd... censured, not indicted or convicted...
Edward Fretwell Prichard, Jr....
Jerry Springer... not convicted or indicted... uhhh is that THE Jerry Springer or a different one?
Guy Hamilton Jones, Sr...
Daniel Flood...

Otto Kerner, Jr...
George Crockett, Jr....
Cornelius Edward Gallagher...
Mark B. Jimenez...
Mark B. Jimenez... not sure about this one, manu... did he do his time before he became a rep? or after?
Bolley ''Bo'' Johnson...
Roger L. Green...
Gloria Davis...

whew... the tiger wipes sweat from his brow...

ok... let's see what we have...
47... wow, good job, manu... a very good job indeed... looks like there has been a plethora of democrats who can't seem to keep their hands off other peoples' money...

new score:
lefties 62...
righties 15...

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2003/August/03_crm_439.htm

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Bob Taft, Republican. Convicted - ethics violations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/18/AR2005081800319.html

Ernie Fletcher, Republican. Indicted - Official misconduct.

http://www.bluegrassreport.org/bluegrass_politics/2006/05/grand_jury_indi.html

Brian Doyle, Republican. Convicted -child porn.

http://news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/chldprn/fladoyle32806cr.html

http://mediamatters.org/items/200703080005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yeUYBIbGU

ok, I added these to the righty list:
Bob Taft,
Ernie Fletcher,
Brian Doyle,
Lester Crawford
John T. Korsmo

current score:
62-21

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:26 PM

Good point... but I don't have any reason to doubt manu... the website perhaps, but not manu...

62-21

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:27 PM

VERY wrong?

:eek: ...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:29 PM

I believe she meant a link for EACH one given... she has provided them for hers, I have provided them for all the non notorious ones I listed... tis only fair that she ask you for the links that corroborate those on the list...

62-21

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:31 PM

nope... it has only just begun, loose... only just begun...

but so far the righties have proven that the dems have a problem with money... a BIG problem...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:34 PM

as did you in yours... son of a democrat comes to mind... but I counted him... and... as I explained earlier... links for each individual, not a compendium of bad dems...

I have several of those for republicans, too, but I search to find links to the individual rather than just list dumping the whole lot of them... laffs...

cuz I like to draw it out... color me diabolical...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:37 PM

as far as I can tell... only the time necessary to do it... now I'm not going to do it... I have my own list(s) to verify...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:38 PM

your list said that he plead guilty to leaving the scene of an accident... so I counted it.

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:40 PM

he admitted to leaving the scene of an accident...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:42 PM

yes... and he was counted...

manu1959
04-23-2007, 04:42 PM
I believe she meant a link for EACH one given... she has provided them for hers, I have provided them for all the non notorious ones I listed... tis only fair that she ask you for the links that corroborate those on the list...

62-21

then don't count them...i really don't care.....you all would ask for links to prove wwii happend....

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:45 PM

I counted those that weren't dupes... and left out those that didn't say they were convicted or indicted... 62-21...

only because I don't want the righties to cry foul... if they don't want to provide credible links for theirs, then they sure as hell can't be snippy IF we don't provide them for ours... right?

BUT... I intend to provide links for all the ones I use...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:49 PM

sorry charlie... it's NOT our job to disprove your research, it's YOUR job to verify it.

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:51 PM
i provided the links and the charges.....if you dont belive they are true then just prove otherwise......it should be easy to find ....your choice...

no, you provided a link to an obvious partisan site... have you corroborating links for them that didn't come from a liberal bashing site? Like maybe from a newspaper?

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:53 PM
OK, since Manu thinks links aren't required, here's one:

Mark McGuire (R), former Secretary of Transportation for Pennsylvania, was forced to resign his position after being caught taking bribes from contractors competing for state road building contracts. He was later convicted and served time in prison.

Using Manu's rules, you don't get a link from me, just a research assignment to verify my allegation.

(I hope you realize that this is totally made up, just to make a point about Manu's position.) :coffee:

I thought that name sounded funny... laffs...

manu1959
04-23-2007, 04:53 PM
no, you provided a link to an obvious partisan site... have you corroborating links for them that didn't come from a liberal bashing site? Like maybe from a newspaper?

gave you a link to two....as i said if you look at the list i posted later in the thread i took out all the same ones you did and the dupes....

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Poor choice, I may not be a big fan of Mr. Delay but this is purely a criminally overzealous prosecutor that has a serious mental problem wasting taxpayers money. When you have to go through as many grand juries as he has to find one to coerce into bringing charges, something is wrong. It is nothing but the Democrat political machine doing their best to take down powerful opposition, they are only about regaining power, not about what is best for this country.

I nominate Governor Edwin Edwards, Democrat from Louisiana, the definition of corruption and sloth like behavior. He is serving time in jail as we speak for his awful conduct as a Governor and a man. My father was a corporate pilot that flew Edwards a lot in the seventies, nice guy and totally full of shit(had young girls waiting in the hanger to go on trips to Vegas with him, paid for by oil service companies). He used to send buses through the black neighborhoods on election day. They would go vote after eating at Churches Fried Chicken for lunch on the way to the polls(paid for out of the Edwards campaign funds). I was a Democrat back then in College and worked on his campaign, got to party with the niece quite a bit, I even gave him a set of prints of some Louisiana scenes that I had painted. This guy is one of the many reasons for New Orleans and their many problems.

Indicted is indicted...

ok, counted it...

63-21

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/25/newsid_2763000/2763525.stm

good job... now about those other 46... will you be verifying them too?

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 05:03 PM
http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2003/August/03_crm_439.htm

64-21

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 05:06 PM
then don't count them...i really don't care.....you all would ask for links to prove wwii happend....

this thread isn't about WWII, it's about corrupt politicians... do please try to stay focused...

thanks...

ummmm.... 64-21

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 05:09 PM
gave you a link to two....as i said if you look at the list i posted later in the thread i took out all the same ones you did and the dupes....

of the two links you gave, one had already been counted and I added the other...

why are you complaining?

If you want me to count the whole list then you are going to have to do some research and verify the ones that I didn't use... if not... well, then the point is moot...

64-21

Samantha
04-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Good point... but I don't have any reason to doubt manu... the website perhaps, but not manu...

62-21
How do we know his are politicians? He gives lists of business people during the Clinton administration but having nothing to do with the government, and not in any office.

Did you look them all up Stripey? Did you do manu's job for him?

If so, why?

Samantha
04-23-2007, 05:13 PM
OK then, how about these guys?

"By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. In terms of number of officials involved, the record of his administration was the worst ever."

James Watt, Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was indicted on 41 felony counts for using connections at the Department of Housing and Urban Development to help his private clients seek federal funds for housing projects in Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Watt conceded that he had received $500,000 from clients who were granted very favorable housing contracts after he had intervened on their behalf. In testifying before a House committee Watt said: "That's what they offered and it sounded like a lot of money to me, and we settled on it." Watt was eventually sentenced to five years in prison and 500 hours of community service.
Although not convicted, Edwin Meese III, resigned as Reagan's Attorney General after having been the subject of investigations by the United States Office of the Independent Counsel on two occasions (Wedtech and Iran-Contra), during the 3 short years he was in office.

E. Bob Wallach, close friend and law classmate of Attorney General Edwin Meese, was sentenced to six years in prison and fined $250,000 in connection with the Wedtech influence-peddling scandal.
Lyn Nofziger--Convicted on charges of illegal lobbying of White House in Wedtech scandal.
Michael Deaver received three years' probation and was fined one hundred thousand dollars after being convicted for lying to a congressional subcommittee and a federal grand jury about his lobbying activities after leaving the White House.
The Iran-Contra scandal. In June, 1984, at a National Security Council meeting, CIA Director Casey urged President Reagan to seek third-party aid for the Nicaraguan contras. Secretary of State Schultz warned that it would be an "impeachable offense" if the U.S. government acted as conduit for such secret funding. But that didn't stop them. That same day, Oliver North was seeking third-party aid for the contras. But Reagan, the "teflon President" avoided serious charges or impeachment.
Casper Weinberger was Secretary of Defense during Iran-Contra. In June 1992 he was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of concealing from congressional investigators and prosecutors thousands of pages of his handwritten notes. The personal memoirs taken during high level meetings, detailed events in 1985 and 1986 involving the Iran-Contra affair. Weinberger claimed he was being unfairly prosecuted because he would not provide information incriminating Ronald Reagan. Weinberger was scheduled to go on trial January 5, 1993, where the contents of his notes would have come to light and may have implicated other, unindicted conspirators. While Weinberger was never directly linked to the covert operations phase of the Iran-Contra affair, he is believed to have been involved in the cover-up of the ensuing scandal. According to Special Prosecutor Lawrence Walsh, Weinberger's notes contain evidence of a conspiracy among the highest ranking Reagan Administration officials to lie to congress and the American public. Some of the notes are believed to have evidence against then Vice-President George Bush who pardoned Weinberger to keep him from going to trial.
Raymond Donovan, Secretary of Labor indicted for defrauding the New York City Transit Authority of $7.4. million.
{ Republicans will point out that Donovan was acquitted. And that really matters in Donovan's case, because he was a Republican. But it didn't matter for Clinton or any of his cabinet, most all of whom were acquitted, because they were Democrats!}
Elliott Abrams was appointed by President Reagan in 1985 to head the State Department's Latin American Bureau. He was closely linked with ex-White House aide Lt. Col. Oliver North's covert movement to aid the Contras. Working for North, Abrams coordinated inter-agency support for the contras and helped solicit illegal funding from foreign powers as well as domestic contributors. Abrams agreed to cooperate with Iran-Contra investigators and pled guilty to two charges reduced to misdemeanors. He was sentenced in 1991 to two years probation and 100 hours of community service but was pardoned by President George Bush.
Robert C. McFarlane was appointed Ronald Reagan's National Security Advisor in October 1983 and become well-known as a champion of the MX missile program in his role as White House liaison to congress. In 1984, Mc Farlane initiated the review of U.S. policy towards Iran that led directly to the arms for hostages deal. He also supervised early National Security Council efforts to support the Contras. Shortly after the Iran-Contra scandal was revealed in early 1987, McFarlane took an overdose of the tranquilizer Valium in an attempt to end his life. In his own words: "What really drove me to despair was a sense of having failed the country." McFarlane pled guilty to four misdemeanors and was sentenced to two years probation and 200 hours of community service. He was also fined $20,000. He received a blanket pardon from President George Bush.
Oliver North--Convicted of falsifying and destroying documents, accepting an illegal gratuity, and aiding and abetting the obstruction of Congress. Conviction overturned on appeal due to legal technicalities.
John Poindexter, Reagan's national security advisor, --guilty of five criminal counts involving conspiracy to mislead Congress, obstructing congressional inquiries, lying to lawmakers, used "high national security" to mask deceit and wrong-doing.
Richard Secord pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to Congress over Iran-Contra.
Alan D. Fiers was the Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency's Central American Task Force. Fiers pled guilty in 1991 to two counts of withholding information from congress about Oliver North's activities and the diversion of Iran arms sale money to aid the Contras. He was sentenced to one year of probation and 100 hours of community service. Fiers agreed to cooperate with prosecutors in exchange for having his felonies reduced to misdemeanors and his testimony gave a boost to the long standing criminal investigation of Lawrence Walsh, Special Prosecutor. Fiers testified that he and three CIA colleagues knew by mid-1986 that profits from the TOW and HAWK missile sales to Iran were being diverted to the Contras months before it became public knowledge. Alan Fiers received a blanket pardon for his crimes from President Bush.
Clair George was Chief of the CIA's Division of Covert Operations under President Reagan. In August 1992 a hung jury led U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth to declare a mistrial in the case of Clair George who was accused of concealing from Congress his knowledge of the Iran-Contra affair. George had been named by Alan Fiers when Fiers turned state's evidence for Lawrence Walsh's investigation. In a second trial on charges of perjury, false statements and obstruction of justice, George was convicted of lying to two congressional committees in 1986. George faced a maximum five year federal prison sentence and a $20,000 fine for each of the two convictions. Jurors cleared George of five other charges including two counts of lying to a federal grand jury. Those charges would have carried a mandatory 10 months in prison upon conviction. Clair George received a blanket pardon for his crimes from President George Bush.
Duane R. (Dewey) Clarridge was head of the CIA's Western European Division under President Reagan. He was indicted on November 29, 1991 for lying to congress and to the Tower Commission that investigated Iran- Contra. Clarridge was charged with five counts of perjury and two counts of making false statements for covering up his knowledge of a November 25, 1985 shipment of HAWK missiles to Iran. Clarridge was also suspected of diverting to the Contras weapons that were originally intended for the Afghan mujahaddeen guerrillas. Clarridge received a blanket pardon for his crimes on Christmas Eve 1992 from President George Bush.
Environmental Protection Agency's favoritism toward polluters. Assistant administrator unduly influenced by chemical industry lobbyists. Another administrator resigned after pressuring employees to tone down a critical report on a chemical company accused of illegal pollution in Michigan. The deputy chief of federal activities was accused of compiling an interagency "hit" or "enemies" list, like those kept in the Nixon Watergate period, singling out career employees to be hired, fired or promoted according to political beliefs.
Anne Gorscuh Burford resigned amid accusations she politically manipulated the Superfund money.
Rita Lavelle was fired after accusing a senior EPA official of "systematically alienating the business community." She was later indicted, tried and convicted of lying to Congress and served three months of a six-month prison sentence. After an extensive investigation, in August 1984, a House of Representatives subcommittee concluded that top-level EPA appointees by Reagan for three years "violated their public trust by disregarding the public health and the environment, manipulating the Superfund program for political purposes, engaging in unethical conduct and participating in other abuses.".
Neglected nuclear safety. A critical situation involving nuclear safety had been allowed to develop during the Reagan era. Immense sums, estimated at 200 billion or more, would be required in the 1990s to replace and make safe America's neglected, aging, deteriorating, and dangerous nuclear facilities.
Savings & Loan Bail-out. Hundreds of billions of dollars were needed to bail out savings and loan institutions that either had failed during the deregulation frenzy of the eighties or were in danger of bankruptcy.
Reckless airline deregulation. Deregulation of airline industry took too broad a sweep, endangering public safety.
Additionally:

Richard Allen, National Security adviser resigned amid controversy over an honorarium he received for arranging an interview with Nancy Reagan.
Richard Beggs, chief administrator at NASA was indicted for defrauding the government while an executive at General Dynamics.
Guy Flake, Deputy Secretary of Commerce, resigned after allegations of a conflict of interest in contract negotiations.
Louis Glutfrida, Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency resigned amid allegations of misuses of government property.
Edwin Gray, Chairman of the Federal Home Loan Bank was charged with illegally repaying himself and his wife $26,000 in travel costs.
Max Hugel, CIA chief of covert operations who resigned after allegations of fraudulent financial dealings.
Carlos Campbell, Assistant Secretary of Commerce resigned over charges of awarding federal grants to his personal friends' firms.
John Fedders, chief of enforcement for the Securities and Exchange Commission resigned over charges of beating his wife.
Arthur Hayes, Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration resigned over illegal travel reimbursements.
J. Lynn Helms, chief of the Federal Aviation Administration resigned over a grand jury investigation of illegal business activities.
Marjory Mecklenburg, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Resources resigned over irregularities on her travel vouchers.
Robert Nimmo, head of the Veterans Administration resigned when a report criticized him for improper use of government funds.
J. William Petro, U.S. Attorney fired and fined for tipping off an acquaintance about a forthcoming Grand Jury investigation.
Thomas C. Reed, White House counselor and National Security Council adviser resigned and paid a $427,000 fine for stock market insider trading.
Emanuel Savas, Assistant Secretary of HUD resigned over assigning staff members to work on government time on a book that guilty to expense account fraud and accepting kickbacks on government contracts.
Charles Wick, Director of the U.S. Information Agency investigated for taping conversations with public officials without their approval

http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/about/Reagan.html

Samantha
04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Sorry for the long list Stripey, but I bet you can find some indicted fuckers in there. I'll fix it up later if I can, if you don't do it first ;)

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 05:17 PM
whew... all caught up...

64-21...

y'all remember Watergate don't you? The following republicans all served time for their crimes.

H.R. Haldeman
John Erlichman
John Dean
AG John Mitchell
Howard Hunt
G. Gordon Liddy
Charles Colson
James McCord

64-29

LINK (http://www.watergate.info/casualties/)

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Richard Gordon Kleindienst served as U.S. attorney general from 1972 to 1973. A prominent Arizona lawyer and Republican party leader, Kleindienst was charged in the Watergate scandals and ultimately pleaded guilty to perjury in 1974.

LINK (http://www.answers.com/topic/richard-kleindienst)

64-30

LuvRPgrl
04-23-2007, 05:29 PM

The main reason he got off was because after the wreck, Teddy went home or some place for the night and didnt report it till the next day. By the time the officials got involved his blood alcohol content was no longer high enough to charge him with drunk driving.

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Maurice Stans: He did plead guilty to five nonwillful violations of campaign finance laws and paid a $5,000 fine.

LINK (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/1998/04/15/AR2005112200822.html)

64-31

stephanie
04-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Keep digging Stripey, your on a roll...
Got a way's to go though, to catch up...:laugh2:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 05:49 PM
JOHN N. MITCHELL, 61, Attorney General, later head of Nixon's 1972 re-election campaign. Convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice and three counts of lying; awaiting sentencing.

HARRY ROBBINS HALDEMAN, 48, White House chief of staff. Convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice and three counts of perjury; awaiting sentencing.

JOHN D. EHRLICHMAN, 49, chief domestic affairs adviser. Convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice and two counts of perjury; awaiting sentencing. Also convicted of conspiracy in the Ellsberg break-in and two counts of perjury for lying about his awareness of a White House plan to get a psychological profile of Ellsberg; appealing a sentence of 20 months to five years.

ROBERT C. MARDIAN, 51, attorney for the Committee for the Re-Election of the President and once the chief of the Justice Department's internal security division. Convicted of conspiracy; awaiting sentencing.

JOHN W. DEAN III, 36, chief White House counsel and a major Watergate prosecution witness. Pleaded guilty to charges of conspiring to obstruct justice and to defraud the U.S. in the Watergate coverup; now serving a one-to-four-year prison sentence.

CHARLES W. COLSON, 43, Nixon's special counsel. Pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice for devising a scheme to get and disseminate derogatory information about Pentagon Papers Defendant Daniel Ellsberg in 1971; serving a one-to-three-year sentence.

DWIGHT L. CHAPIN, 34, appointments secretary to Nixon. Convicted on two counts of perjury for false testimony to a federal grand jury about his discussion with Dirty Tricks Specialist Donald Segretti about distribution of fake campaign literature; appealing a sentence of ten to 30 months.

JEB STUART MAGRUDER, 40, deputy director of the Committee for the Re-Election of the President. Pleaded guilty to conspiracy in the coverup; now serving a ten-month-to-four-year sentence.

EGIL KROGH JR., 34, White House aide to Ehrlichman. Pleaded guilty to conspiracy in the Ellsberg breakin; has completed a six-month sentence.

HARRY S. DENT, 44, Nixon's special counsel and political adviser, who devised the 1970 "southern strategy." Pleaded guilty to working with an illegal fund-raising committee called "Operation Townhouse" that distributed money to 1970 congressional candidates; sentenced to one month's probation.

RICHARD G. KLEINDIENST, 51, Attorney General. Pleaded guilty to refusing to testify fully during his confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee in 1972, when he stated falsely that Nixon had never pressured him to soften the Government's antitrust drive against ITT; received a one-month suspended sentence.

ED REINECKE, 51, Lieutenant Governor of California. Convicted of lying during the Kleindienst confirmation hearings about the date on which he informed Mitchell of a $400,000 offer from ITT to the Republican National Convention; received an 18-month suspended sentence.

HERBERT W. KALMBACH, 53, Nixon's personal attorney. Pleaded guilty to violating the Federal Corrupt Practices Act and to offering an ambassadorship in return for campaign contributions; serving a six-to-18-month sentence.

EDWARD L. MORGAN, 36, Assistant Treasury Secretary. Pleaded guilty to illegally backdating the deed giving Nixon's vice-presidential papers to the Government; sentenced to four months in prison and 20 months' probation.

JACK A. GLEASON, 38, White House aide. Pleaded guilty to violating the Federal Corrupt Practices Act by running Operation Townhouse; sentencing delayed.

FREDERICK C. LaRUE, 44, C.R.P. aide. Pleaded guilty to conspiracy in the coverup; sentencing deferred while he cooperates with the Watergate prosecution.

HERBERT L. PORTER, 36, C.R.P. scheduling director. Pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about the Watergate coverup; released from prison after serving 30 days of a five-to-15-month sentence.

G. GORDON LIDDY, 44, counsel to C.R.P. Convicted of conspiracy, burglary and illegal wiretapping in the Watergate breakin; released pending appeal after serving 21 months of a sentence of up to 20 years. Also convicted of conspiracy in the Ellsberg burglary; sentenced to a one-to-three-year prison term to be served concurrently.

E. HOWARD HUNT, 56, White House consultant. Pleaded guilty to leading the Watergate breakin; released pending appeal after serving ten months of a 2½-to-eight-year sentence.

JAMES W. McCORD JR., 56, C.R.P. security coordinator. Convicted of conspiracy, burglary and wiretapping at Watergate; sentenced to one-to-five years in prison, now free on bond pending appeal.

BERNARD L. BARKER, 56, one of four Cuban refugees charged in the Watergate breakin. Pleaded guilty to burglary, conspiracy and illegal wiretapping and eavesdropping; released pending appeal after serving one year of a 2½-to-six-year sentence.

EUGENIO R. MARTINEZ, 51, another of the Watergate burglars. Pleaded guilty to burglary, conspiracy and illegal wiretapping and eavesdropping; released on parole after serving four months of a one-to-four-year sentence. Pleaded guilty to similar charges in the Ellsberg burglary; sentenced to three years' probation.

FRANK A. STURGIS, 49, another member of the burglary team. Convicted of burglary, conspiracy and violation of federal wiretapping laws; released pending appeal after serving one year of a one-to-four-year prison sentence.

VIRGILIO R. GONZALEZ, 47, another of the Watergate burglars. Pleaded guilty to burglary, conspiracy and illegal wiretapping and eavesdropping; released on parole after serving four months of a one-to-four-year sentence.

DONALD H. SEGRETTI, 33, political saboteur. Pleaded guilty to conspiracy and distributing phony campaign literature to damage Democrats in the 1972 presidential campaign; released after serving five months of a six-month sentence.

GEORGE A. HEARING, 40, Florida accountant who aided Segretti in his dirty-tricks operation. Pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy; released after serving seven months of a one-year sentence.

LINK (http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,917055,00.html)

that's 18 more the righties...

there of course is more than 18 on the list, as some of these are dupes of those I already added... but here you get to see what they were pleading guilty to...

64-49...

TheStripey1
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Keep digging Stripey, you're on a roll...

I haven't even started to scratch the surface and we aren't that far behind at this point... laffs...

ya see... I knew Watergate would be a "treasure trove" of miscreant righties, just as Clinton's administration was for the left...

64-49

TheStripey1
04-24-2007, 05:57 PM
House Aide Guilty in Abramoff Scandal

By The Associated Press 04.24.07
(http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/24/ap3647578.html)

Lawmakers, lobbyists, Bush administration officials, congressional staffers and businessmen caught up in the Jack Abramoff public corruption probe:

_Mark Zachares, former aide to Rep. Don Young, R-Alaska, pleaded guilty to conspiracy. He acknowledged accepting tens of thousands of dollars worth of gifts and a golf trip to Scotland from Abramoff's team in exchange for official acts on the lobbyist's behalf.

...snip

64-50

TheStripey1
04-24-2007, 06:07 PM
How do we know his are politicians? He gives lists of business people during the Clinton administration but having nothing to do with the government, and not in any office.

Did you look them all up Stripey? Did you do manu's job for him?

If so, why?

hmmm... no I didn't look them ALL up... but... I still don't have any reason to doubt manu...

But it was why I wanted people to add them ONE at a time, so we could check... oh well, so goes the best laid plans of tigers and men... laffs...

but now, ya see, there can be no complaining or whining by the right if we use republicans that aren't members of the government... cuz they did it to boost their total... we can do it too...

rubbs pawws... now where did I put that list...

TheStripey1
04-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Keep digging Stripey, your on a roll...

for whatever reason, I missed seeing that pompom smilie yesterday... laffs... you made me laff again...

I'd give ya more reppage for it but I have to spread it around more before I can...

TheStripey1
04-24-2007, 06:13 PM
why looky here... in the same article as the one I quoted above:

Former Deputy Interior Secretary Steven Griles, the highest-ranking Bush administration official convicted in the scandal, pleaded guilty to obstructing justice.

64-51

TheStripey1
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
why looky here... in the same article as the one I quoted above:

Roger Stillwell, a former Interior Department official, was sentenced to two years on probation in January after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge for not reporting hundreds of dollars worth of sports and concert tickets he received from Abramoff.

64-52

stephanie
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
for whatever reason, I missed seeing that pompom smilie yesterday... laffs... you made me laff again...

I'd give ya more reppage for it but I have to spread it around more before I can...

:cheers2:

TheStripey1
04-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Sorry for the long list Stripey, but I bet you can find some indicted fuckers in there. I'll fix it up later if I can, if you don't do it first ;)

no problem, sam...

I perused the list and have added the following:

Edwin Gray, Chairman of the Federal Home Loan Bank was charged with illegally repaying himself and his wife $26,000 in travel costs.

Richard Beggs, chief administrator at NASA was indicted for defrauding the government while an executive at General Dynamics.

Rita Lavelle was fired after accusing a senior EPA official of "systematically alienating the business community." She was later indicted, tried and convicted of lying to Congress and served three months of a six-month prison sentence.

Duane R. (Dewey) Clarridge was head of the CIA's Western European Division under President Reagan. He was indicted on November 29, 1991 for lying to congress and to the Tower Commission that investigated Iran- Contra. Clarridge was charged with five counts of perjury and two counts of making false statements for covering up his knowledge of a November 25, 1985 shipment of HAWK missiles to Iran.

Clair George was Chief of the CIA's Division of Covert Operations under President Reagan. In August 1992 a hung jury led U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth to declare a mistrial in the case of Clair George who was accused of concealing from Congress his knowledge of the Iran-Contra affair. George had been named by Alan Fiers when Fiers turned state's evidence for Lawrence Walsh's investigation. In a second trial on charges of perjury, false statements and obstruction of justice, George was convicted of lying to two congressional committees in 1986. George faced a maximum five year federal prison sentence and a $20,000 fine for each of the two convictions.

Richard Secord pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to Congress over Iran-Contra.

Alan D. Fiers was the Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency's Central American Task Force. Fiers pled guilty in 1991 to two counts of withholding information from congress about Oliver North's activities and the diversion of Iran arms sale money to aid the Contras

John Poindexter, Reagan's national security advisor, --guilty of five criminal counts involving conspiracy to mislead Congress, obstructing congressional inquiries, lying to lawmakers, used "high national security" to mask deceit and wrong-doing.

Lt. Col Oliver North--Convicted of falsifying and destroying documents, accepting an illegal gratuity, and aiding and abetting the obstruction of Congress. Conviction overturned on appeal due to legal technicalities

Robert C. McFarlane McFarlane pled guilty to four misdemeanors and was sentenced to two years probation and 200 hours of community service. He was also fined $20,000.

Elliott Abrams was appointed by President Reagan in 1985 to head the State Department's Latin American Bureau. He was closely linked with ex-White House aide Lt. Col. Oliver North's covert movement to aid the Contras. Working for North, Abrams coordinated inter-agency support for the contras and helped solicit illegal funding from foreign powers as well as domestic contributors. Abrams agreed to cooperate with Iran-Contra investigators and pled guilty to two charges reduced to misdemeanors.

Raymond Donovan, Secretary of Labor indicted for defrauding the New York City Transit Authority of $7.4. million.
{ Republicans will point out that Donovan was acquitted. And that really matters in Donovan's case, because he was a Republican. But it didn't matter for Clinton or any of his cabinet, most all of whom were acquitted, because they were Democrats!}

Casper Weinberger was Secretary of Defense during Iran-Contra. In June 1992 he was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of concealing from congressional investigators and prosecutors thousands of pages of his handwritten notes.

Michael Deaver received three years' probation and was fined one hundred thousand dollars after being convicted for lying to a congressional subcommittee and a federal grand jury about his lobbying activities after leaving the White House.

Lyn Nofziger--Convicted on charges of illegal lobbying of White House in Wedtech scandal.

E. Bob Wallach, close friend and law classmate of Attorney General Edwin Meese, was sentenced to six years in prison and fined $250,000 in connection with the Wedtech influence-peddling scandal.

James Watt, Reagan's Secretary of the Interior was indicted on 41 felony counts for using connections at the Department of Housing and Urban Development to help his private clients seek federal funds for housing projects in Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

very good job... that adds 17 to the list of righties... so the current score is now...

righties 69
lefties 64

TheStripey1
04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
so this just goes to show you what happens when one party has tooooo much power... and doesn't matter if they are righties or lefties... they get greeeedy...

and you wonder why I don't like EITHER party...

Gunny
04-24-2007, 08:35 PM
so this just goes to show you what happens when one party has tooooo much power... and doesn't matter if they are righties or lefties... they get greeeedy...

and you wonder why I don't like EITHER party...

WHO wonders? I damned-sure don't. :laugh2:

shattered
04-24-2007, 08:43 PM

Fence-sitter. :salute:

Gunny
04-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Fence-sitter. :salute:

Not at all. I think they should all be kicked the Hell out and replaced by the military until new elections could be held. Anyone who held public office before is automatically disqualified.

gabosaurus
04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Not at all. I think they should all be kicked the Hell out and replaced by the military until new elections could be held. Anyone who held public office before is automatically disqualified.

So you are in favor of a military coup? Like the kind the American government sponsors in Central and South America?
You have been watching "Platoon" and "Patton" too often :laugh2:

Gunny
04-24-2007, 09:47 PM
So you are in favor of a military coup? Like the kind the American government sponsors in Central and South America?
You have been watching "Platoon" and "Patton" too often :laugh2:

They make "Reading is Fundamental" for people like you. Did I say anything about a coup? I did not.

Putting the military in place temporarily does not imply "coup" at all.

loosecannon
04-24-2007, 09:53 PM

I have had the exact same thought right down to the military stepping in temporarily.

I get good signals from the military leadership recently in terms of general competency and commitment to rule of law.

And i come from a military family.

Our nation is so politically poisoned that we may need an intervention.

The CIA and military leadership have surprised me in being unusually candid and on the right side of the problem.

I would trust them.

Gunny
04-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I have had the exact same thought right down to the military stepping in temporarily.

I get good signals from the military leadership recently in terms of general competency and commitment to rule of law.

And i come from a military family.

Our nation is so politically poisoned that we may need an intervention.

The CIA and military leadership have surprised me in being unusually candid and on the right side of the problem.

I would trust them.

It would be drastic, to say the least, but I'm not sure how much longer this nation can survive a government comprised of two political parties dedicated to politically destroying each other, while locking out any third parties, and quite partisan when it comes to lining their own pockets, and doing very little to govern this nation.

loosecannon
04-24-2007, 10:24 PM
It would be drastic, to say the least, but I'm not sure how much longer this nation can survive a government comprised of two political parties dedicated to politically destroying each other, while locking out any third parties, and quite partisan when it comes to lining their own pockets, and doing very little to govern this nation.

well we finally found some common ground. I could not agree more.

Calling in the military is a desperate act. But compared to the politicos I think they have the integrity to honor the law and do the right thing.

I applaud your post, I will even pos rep you.

LuvRPgrl
04-25-2007, 02:14 PM

And yet we keep on voting them in.

As for the two party system, it has its upside also.
In fact, having been in a foreign country for quite some time the last two years, they have three or more viable parties which creates all kinds of problems.

A left leaning party will create another party whose sole purpose is to discredit its opponent.

Wayyyyyy too much and tooo many choices to figure out, read about, study, etc.

Hard to get a majority, so no matter who wins, the majority of people are unhappy.

These people repeatedly told me how they think Americas model of two party system is much better.

TheStripey1
04-25-2007, 02:25 PM

And we'll be able to include all of Nixon's, near to all of Reagan's, near to all of Bush2's...

laffs...

you know, OCA... as a balance to this thread, you could start one for those being investigated... cuz I have lots of righties for that one too...

TheStripey1
04-25-2007, 03:24 PM

laffs... there are some that do... join me for the cockroach dance?

TheStripey1
04-25-2007, 03:26 PM

I wanted to rep you for this post, Gunny, but alas, I have to spread it around some before I can...

Baron Von Esslingen
04-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Calling in the military is a desperate act. But compared to the politicos I think they have the integrity to honor the law and do the right thing.

There has never been a nation where the military has stepped in to take power from a civilian and duly elected government where they have given it back without the threat of taking it away again. The military is controlled by civilians for a reason: to avoid the very thing you are proposing. Every great nation that has allowed the military to assume control of their land has declined into oblivion.

Military people are no more responsible with power than civilians are because they are people, too. The temptations of power affect them the same way that power affects a one party state (like we've had over the past six years.) Suggesting that we throw away 225 years of civilian rule because Democrats and Republicans are fighting like cats and dogs is irresponsible, short-sighted, and piling a ton of cure on when a teaspoon will do.

My suggestion is to join Unity08 to do something about it. They are the one chance for a viable third party comprised of moderates not at home in either party. Suggesting a military solution is fool hardy at best.

LuvRPgrl
04-26-2007, 02:59 AM
There has never been a nation where the military has stepped in to take power from a civilian and duly elected government where they have given it back without the threat of taking it away again. The military is controlled by civilians for a reason: to avoid the very thing you are proposing. Every great nation that has allowed the military to assume control of their land has declined into oblivion.

Military people are no more responsible with power than civilians are because they are people, too. The temptations of power affect them the same way that power affects a one party state (like we've had over the past six years.) Suggesting that we throw away 225 years of civilian rule because Democrats and Republicans are fighting like cats and dogs is irresponsible, short-sighted, and piling a ton of cure on when a teaspoon will do.

My suggestion is to join Unity08 to do something about it. They are the one chance for a viable third party comprised of moderates not at home in either party. Suggesting a military solution is fool hardy at best.

Ahem, Im sorry, but all of Europe was run by the US military until they got functioning on their own. I know, my dad was there as a sargeant, and thats where he met my mom in Latvia.

loosecannon
04-26-2007, 10:14 AM

This is offtopic but what happens if the pres orders an invasion of Iran and the military balks?

Or if the pres orders the intel agencies to spy on every American?

Or if a handful of Americans were dissappeared to secret prisons?

In each case it is the military or intel that has to mutiny to honor our constitution.

I recall the military objecting to the torture in Abu Graib, but not the DOJ or the pres.

I recall lots of retired and current generals talking about the failures of starategy in Iraq, but not the BA or even Rumsfeld

I recall the military talking about how our use of torture could have a backlash effect.

If we drift into fascism, who will save us?

The military is the pivotal link. You can't establish authoritarian rule without the military's help.

I also do not hear the military calling to institute the draft.

I hear the Stars and Stripes reporting candidly.

If the unitary executive principal is carried to extremes, military and intel are our only hope to restore the nation to the rule of law.

The only known coup attempt in our nations history was engineered by bankers and financiers while Smedly Butler, from the military, refused to participate.

loosecannon
04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Ahem, Im sorry, but all of Europe was run by the US military until they got functioning on their own. I know, my dad was there as a sargeant, and thats where he met my mom in Latvia.

So was Japan to a degree.

TheStripey1
04-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Time to add a few more republicans to the list...

Sam Currin, former US attorney, judge and stste Republican chairman, pleaded guilty (http://www.newsobserver.com/114/story/505443.html) to money laundering, conspiracy, securities fraud obstruction of justice on Nov. 2, 2006.

Former Republican fundraiser Tom Noe was sentenced to 18 years in prison (http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061121/NEWS24/611210392) for theft, corrupt activity, money laundering, forgery and records tampering. This happened on Nov. 21, 2006

Department of Homeland Security adjudications officer Robert Schofield pleaded guilty (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/01/homeland.security/) to receiving bribes for falsifying immigration documents on Dec. 1, 2006.

Former state Republican Committee Executive Director Chuck McGee pleaded guilty (http://www.federalnewsradio.com/index.php?nid=125&sid=975950) on July 4th, 2004, to conspiracy to engage in interstate telephone communications with intent to annoy or harass.

Republicans 74
Democrats 64

Psychoblues
04-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Tigger, I don't think you know me well but let me give you just a little of what I know about Republicans and a little about me.

Time to add a few more republicans to the list...

Sam Currin, former US attorney, judge and stste Republican chairman, pleaded guilty (http://www.newsobserver.com/114/story/505443.html) to money laundering, conspiracy, securities fraud obstruction of justice on Nov. 2, 2006.

Former Republican fundraiser Tom Noe was sentenced to 18 years in prison (http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061121/NEWS24/611210392) for theft, corrupt activity, money laundering, forgery and records tampering. This happened on Nov. 21, 2006

Department of Homeland Security adjudications officer Robert Schofield pleaded guilty (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/01/homeland.security/) to receiving bribes for falsifying immigration documents on Dec. 1, 2006.

Former state Republican Committee Executive Director Chuck McGee pleaded guilty (http://www.federalnewsradio.com/index.php?nid=125&sid=975950) on July 4th, 2004, to conspiracy to engage in interstate telephone communications with intent to annoy or harass.

Republicans 74
Democrats 64

I was an elected official for 21 years. Although I always considered myself progressive I voted on issues and within parties where I felt comfortable with my decisions. I went with the grain and against the grain over and over again.

I do not remember a substantial case where I voted with the conservatives that I was not subsequently abandoned by them when it came time to explain what went wrong in the legislation. Seriously, the creation of legislation is not for the thin-skinned. I learned the hard way that the conservatives are very educated but also very thin-skinned.

There are a few self professed hard nosed conservatives on this board but I have discovered them to be liars and crawfishes when it comes down to decisions that actually matter. Everything that goes wrong in their world is easily explained by blaming it all on the libs or their favorite target at this time, Bill Clinton.

No question about it, the conservatives own and direct ALL main stream media. Still, even the main stream media cannot hide, as much as they try to do so, the crimes as commited by those they are so economically compelled to protect. Even changes in the laws that reject a Fairness Doctrine and reject genuine balance to the benefit of American Values have thusfar not been appreciated as the values they expect to be embraced and thusly determine their self justified domination. Deer in the headlights? You bet!!!

I was screwed over time and again by those with whom I found economic and managerial agreement. I found them to ultimately be liars, thieves and chickenshits. Their facades don't fool me anymore. At this stage of my life I will promote that which benefits the interests of those that deserve the benefit of the United States Constitution and can honestly embrace the ideals of the Declaration Of Independence.

This country was founded on liberal principles and I intend to propagate that foundation. That has always been my forte'.

LuvRPgrl
05-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Tigger, I don't think you know me well but let me give you just a little of what I know about Republicans and a little about me.

I was an elected official for 21 years. Although I always considered myself progressive I voted on issues and within parties where I felt comfortable with my decisions. I went with the grain and against the grain over and over again.

I do not remember a substantial case where I voted with the conservatives that I was not subsequently abandoned by them when it came time to explain what went wrong in the legislation. Seriously, the creation of legislation is not for the thin-skinned. I learned the hard way that the conservatives are very educated but also very thin-skinned.

There are a few self professed hard nosed conservatives on this board but I have discovered them to be liars and crawfishes when it comes down to decisions that actually matter. Everything that goes wrong in their world is easily explained by blaming it all on the libs or their favorite target at this time, Bill Clinton.

No question about it, the conservatives own and direct ALL main stream media. Still, even the main stream media cannot hide, as much as they try to do so, the crimes as commited by those they are so economically compelled to protect. Even changes in the laws that reject a Fairness Doctrine and reject genuine balance to the benefit of American Values have thusfar not been appreciated as the values they expect to be embraced and thusly determine their self justified domination. Deer in the headlights? You bet!!!

I was screwed over time and again by those with whom I found economic and managerial agreement. I found them to ultimately be liars, thieves and chickenshits. Their facades don't fool me anymore. At this stage of my life I will promote that which benefits the interests of those that deserve the benefit of the United States Constitution and can honestly embrace the ideals of the Declaration Of Independence.

This country was founded on liberal principles and I intend to propagate that foundation. That has always been my forte'.

I truly have never seen such a delusional poster. EVER.

TheStripey1
05-07-2007, 02:49 PM

Thanks, psychoblues.... it isn't often that we get to hear from those that have experience actually BEING a politician.

And based on my experiences on political forums over the past four years, I agree with your assessment... there are a lot of conservatives that don't know the first thing about truth or integrity... but they DO know alot about how to blame other people for their own problems...

TheStripey1
05-07-2007, 02:51 PM
I truly have never seen such a delusional poster. EVER.

Which part of his relating his own experiences to you did you find to be delusional? The truth telling part? Or him doing it?

TheStripey1
05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Here we have some republicans being indicted in Alaska this past week...

Former, current Alaska lawmakers charged

By STEVE QUINN Associated Press Writer
© 2007 The Associated Press
May 5, 2007, 9:23AM (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4778174.html)

JUNEAU, Alaska — For several thousand dollars and other promises, an Alaska legislator and two former lawmakers threw their support behind a tax scheme and a natural gas pipeline plan that would have benefited an oil services company, prosecutors said.

The three men, Rep. Victor Kohring of Wasilla, and former state Reps. Pete Kott of Eagle River and Bruce Weyhrauch of Juneau, were arrested Friday but deny wrongdoing. The three Republicans pleaded not guilty at their arraignments.

Kohring was charged with extortion, attempted extortion, bribery and conspiracy, according to a federal grand jury indictment unsealed Friday. Kott and Weyhrauch each entered their pleas to four counts, including conspiracy to commit extortion, extortion, bribery and fraud. If convicted of all charges, each of the men could face up to 55 years in prison and a $1 million fine.

Prosecutors allege the three were involved in a scheme that unfolded as lawmakers weighed a new petroleum profits tax structure and a contract for a natural gas pipeline last year.

...snip

corrupt republicans 77
corrupt democrats. 64

OCA
05-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks, psychoblues.... it isn't often that we get to hear from those that have experience actually BEING a politician.

And based on my experiences on political forums over the past four years, I agree with your assessment... there are a lot of conservatives that don't know the first thing about truth or integrity... but they DO know alot about how to blame other people for their own problems...

Psycho was never an elected official.

manu1959
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM

I was an elected official for 21 years.....served in korea, vietnam, grenada, panama, gulf one, somalia, bosnia, gulf two.....:laugh2:

OCA
05-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I was an elected official for 21 years.....served in korea, vietnam, grenada, panama, gulf one, somalia, bosnia, gulf two.....:laugh2:

I'll give Stripey the benefit of the doubt, he hasn't been around long.

Dilloduck
05-07-2007, 04:20 PM

I'm an official but I have to concede that I crowned myself so I can't honestly claim the elected part.
Napoleon

Psychoblues
05-07-2007, 08:57 PM
And OCA is a double dimple chinned LIAR.

Psychoblues
05-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Where have I ever claimed experience in Somalia, Bosnia or Gulf Two, m'59? Post it, link it or just shut your lying ass mouth about it. Effective with this post you are called out. Get it on or get the fuck out.

Dig it, lil' lying ass douchebag?

OCA
05-08-2007, 03:23 PM
And OCA is a double dimple chinned LIAR.

Anybody can claim anything on the web you old bum.

Prove to us you served and that you were an elected official.

OCA
05-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Where have I ever claimed experience in Somalia, Bosnia or Gulf Two, m'59? Post it, link it or just shut your lying ass mouth about it. Effective with this post you are called out. Get it on or get the fuck out.

Dig it, lil' lying ass douchebag?

This is true, you were with Teddy at San Juan Hill and with MacArthur when he returned to the Phillipines, right?

Fucking liar.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Anybody can claim anything on the web you old bum.

Prove to us you served and that you were an elected official.

What? Prove it to who? You? And have you turn around, like all conservatives do and use that personal information to run a Swift Boat Liars campaign on him? Shit, psycho, I wouldn't give OCA or any of his neocon buddies the time of day much less reveal personal information that you KNOW they will use the first time that the facts of any future argument trumps their ideology.

You should take him at his word: anybody can claim anything on the web. I know this to be true. I've seen him do it and get owned for it. He just wants you to play his dirty little game so he can drag you down to where he is. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

BTW, thank you for your service, brother. :salute:

TheStripey1
05-23-2007, 02:58 PM

and you know this because?

TheStripey1
05-23-2007, 02:59 PM

that's nice but what does it have to do with corrupt politicians?

TheStripey1
05-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Both my corrupt politicians and my party of family values threads will sometimes overlap... like in this case...

05/18/2007
Former SD Legislator Arrested On Sex Charges
(http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,57158)

A former South Dakota lawmaker is accused of molesting his own foster children and legislative pages.

Ted Klaudt, 49, a Republican rancher from Walker, faces a long list of charges: eight counts of rape, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, two counts of witness tampering, sexual contact with a person under 16, and stalking.

Court documents mention five possible victims. Three were foster children between the ages of 15 and 19 who lived with Klaudt's family. One is a cousin of one of those girls, and the fifth is a friend of Klaudt's daughter.

In the most disturbing accusation, the girls say Klaudt had them convinced they could earn up to $20,000 by donating their eggs to a fertility clinic. And even though he has no medical training, the girls say Klaudt did all the supposed "exams" and "procedures" himself.

...snip

Corrupt Republican Politicians: 75
Corrupt Democratic Politicians: 64

TheStripey1
05-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Another elected republican falls from grace. ** (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=66340&postcount=55)

Corrupt Republican Politicians: 76
Corrupt Democratic Politicians: 64

** note this is a double link, so you'll have to hit Back twice to get back here.