PDA

View Full Version : Watch this documentary and reflect on it every time you call me a racist.

HogTrash
01-06-2010, 05:02 PM
This is a very enlightening video documentary on racism...Being regularly accused of being a "racist", I decided to challenge my accusers.

Do you really know what racism is?...Do you really know a racist when you see one?...Are race relations in America improving or worsening?

I wasn't quite sure which forum to post this in but I finally decided on US History since America is considered to be a historicly racist nation.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1084394769627714346&hl=en#

PostmodernProphet
01-06-2010, 05:16 PM
58 minutes is too much of my life to waste....you got a link to it's source?....if it's just some guy trying to justify his racism, don't bother....

the issue isn't that complicated....

Main Entry: rac·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\
Function: noun

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

— rac·ist \-sist also -shist\ noun or adjective

does the shoe fit?....

Agnapostate
01-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Historically racist in the sense that it finds its origins in the unjust and violent dispossession of the indigenous population after they were crippled by infectious disease, yes. Good thing we have people fighting European interlopers, of course. :D

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/yulelog/files/2006/09/1977HomelandSecurity.jpg

HogTrash
01-06-2010, 05:41 PM
58 minutes is too much of my life to waste....you got a link to it's source?....if it's just some guy trying to justify his racism, don't bother....

the issue isn't that complicated....

does the shoe fit?....I'm not surprised, PP...

Most people of ignorance are perfectly satisfied with that state of mind and have no desire to be anything but.

The best indication of a closed mind is one that seeks only confirmation of what it already believes..."does the shoe fit"?

PostmodernProphet
01-06-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm not surprised, PP...

Most people of ignorance are perfectly satisfied with that state of mind and have no desire to be anything but.

The best indication of a closed mind is one that seeks only confirmation of what it already believes..."does the shoe fit"?

/shrugs.....for all I know, your video is the most ignorant thing around...the fact you aren't willing to summarize it for us only increases that suspicion........don't expect me to invest an hour of my life just to determine if that's true.....if you have an argument, raise it, if you don't, don't bother to start threads....

HogTrash
01-06-2010, 10:00 PM
/shrugs.....for all I know, your video is the most ignorant thing around...the fact you aren't willing to summarize it for us only increases that suspicion........don't expect me to invest an hour of my life just to determine if that's true.....if you have an argument, raise it, if you don't, don't bother to start threads....LOL!...Damn, it must take one hell of an introduction to get you to read a book.....You have read a book haven't you?

Ok, hows this?...It's a really informative short documentary about "racism" especially for people who think like you.

PostmodernProphet
01-06-2010, 11:13 PM
LOL!...Damn, it must take one hell of an introduction to get you to read a book.....You have read a book haven't you?

Ok, hows this?...It's a really informative short documentary about "racism" especially for people who think like you.

there are better things to do in life than listen to some racist preach his ideology for an hour.....if it's something more than that, just let me know.....

HogTrash
01-07-2010, 01:02 AM
there are better things to do in life than listen to some racist preach his ideology for an hour.....if it's something more than that, just let me know.....Why would you assume there's a "racist preaching his ideology for an hour"?

Oh yea, I forgot!

"The best indication of a closed mind is one that seeks only confirmation of what it already believes"

Monkeybone
01-07-2010, 07:45 AM
So strikes Hogtrash's usual debating style... if you don't outright agree and join my circle jerk... YOU MUST BE A LIBERAL INDOCTRINATED PCer!!!!

The way you talk Hog... you are really indoctrinated with hate against people that aren't white.

PostmodernProphet
01-07-2010, 07:51 AM
it's only the trading of one kind of PC for another.....we can't be "politically correct" unless we're willing to accept that white seperatists aren't racists.....

recognizing that racism equals ignorance isn't the result of being "politically correct", it's the result of being rational......

hogwash thinks my position is the result of a "closed" mind, in truth, it's the result of a "used" one......

HogTrash
01-07-2010, 11:16 AM
If anyone should take the time to view the video would you please do me a favor and post whether you believe it is

an honest attempt to demonstrate people's misconceptions of racism or simply a rightwing nut-case spewing hatred.

Thank you...

Trigg
01-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Interresting video because the man isn't doing any of the talking. He is asking people questions and letting them talk. He isn't correcting them or really adding anything to the conversations except to ask the question.

A few of the more interresting parts in the beginning.

A black woman says she experiences racism when white people are overly nice to her??????????

A black man says he experienced racism as a club because a white man told him he was a good dancer and then proceded to dance near him on the dance floor. The black man thought it was racism because he was there with a white woman.

A white man says racism is evident because the US is building a wall along Mexico, but not along our border with Canada.

I've only gotten through the first part of the video and probably won't bother with the rest. But the theme seems to be that people who "experience racism every day" have NO IDEA what racism is and have a hard time explaining what they have experience beyond white people being "overly friendly".

Agnapostate
01-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Racism has largely vanished as an overt aspect of state policy. It does continue to a lesser extent through elements of economic organization and policy and simple attitudes among white rightists, most likely to have socially authoritarian viewpoints.

Gaffer
01-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Racism has largely vanished as an overt aspect of state policy. It does continue to a lesser extent through elements of economic organization and policy and simple attitudes among white rightists, most likely to have socially authoritarian viewpoints.

It also lives and thrives in you.

Nukeman
01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
OK,

Trigg and I watched the whole video tonight. I have to say it does bring some interesting points to light. I will add that everything in this video I have seen first hand.

We were discussing with our children the "BLATANT" racism we felt in the city of New Orleans in the early 90's while living there.

I have to say it really wasn't what I expected. I would add that no matter what Craig Bodecker says he will be labeled a racist by anyone of color who would watch this, however ironic that may be. Unfortunately this video is being shopped around by the white supremacist web sites so that really does it a disservice and detracts from the message that it has to offer... IMHO

PMP I would suggest that you actually take the 58 minutes and watch the video it really isn't what you expect!!!!

Agnapostate
01-07-2010, 07:05 PM
It also lives and thrives in you.

What makes you say that? Just because I think that spics are the nigger class of Europe? :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
PMP I would suggest that you actually take the 58 minutes and watch the video it really isn't what you expect!!!!

do I really need to take 58 minutes of my life to be aware that there are racists on both sides of the palette?.....

Nukeman
01-07-2010, 07:48 PM
do I really need to take 58 minutes of my life to be aware that there are racists on both sides of the palette?.....

Ehhh do as you wish!! I thought it was actually a well put together piece!! but of course you are the ultimate judge of how your time should be spent.

I had time to kill while dinner was cooking so I watched it:cool:

Mr. P
01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
I watched it last night..it just shows that most of the public have no clue what "racism" is. From my experience around the Country, I believe that to be true.

On the other hand, it doesn't disprove HT is in fact a racist.

Most folks here are much smarter than those in the video.

BTW..I've NEVER in my 17 yrs on the net ever suggested that anyone was racist.

But if the shoe fits....

chesswarsnow
01-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I watched it, and what it does prove, is all non whites are racists.
2. And another thing it proves, the whites have been programed to think we are racists because we came to America in the first place and set up this Nation to favor ourselves the white people, even thou some whites people didnt migrate till the late 1800's.
3. And it also proves than when blacks or other races do bad things against the white man, those non whites feel we deserved it, and so whatever happened to us, its justified.
4. And when that happenes in reverse, its just bold faced rasism, acted out by whites, and from the founding fathers laws that protect the white man..
5. And it also reveals that all the races have advocates, Indians, Blacks, Ayabs, Mexicans, Asians, Jews, all others, but the only race that does not, is the white man.
6. Why is that?
7. Because we white people all know we are evil racists, and we don't deserve having an advocate org..
8. This is one heavy video, and is worth a look, nice find Hogtrash!
9. Making the complex easy to understand even a 9th grader can see what I'm talking about.~CWN

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Nukeman
01-08-2010, 07:19 AM
I watched it last night..it just shows that most of the public have no clue what "racism" is. From my experience around the Country, I believe that to be true.

On the other hand, it doesn't disprove HT is in fact a racist.

Most folks here are much smarter than those in the video.

BTW..I've NEVER in my 17 yrs on the net ever suggested that anyone was racist.

But if the shoe fits....Gotta agree with you again mr.P!!!!! :beer:

KarlMarx
01-08-2010, 07:48 AM
I watched the first few minutes of the video and I noticed a good point. If you take an emotionally charged term like "racism", "homophobia", etc. then change its definition to suit the moment then, of course, there will be plenty of that evil. And that is what modern day progressives do.

For instance, a study on college sexual violence (sponsored by the NOW, no less) found that over 60% of women on college campuses had been raped! Wow! At first blush that seemed to show that there was a huge problem on college campuses... until... you read the fine print and found that the term "rape" had been skewed to include behaviors like someone making an off color remark, looking at a women too long, and of course, the *feeling* that the subjects were being raped. The conventional definition is "forcible sexual intercourse"... if you apply that definition, the percentage drops to less than 1%.

Agnapostate
01-08-2010, 07:52 AM
I watched the first few minutes of the video and I noticed a good point. If you take an emotionally charged term like "racism", "homophobia", etc. then change its definition to suit the moment then, of course, there will be plenty of that evil. And that is what modern day progressives do.

Attempts to influence political outlooks with buzzwords and terms known to evoke strong reactions is a behavior fairly universal to orthodox politics. Playing a quick clip of the Reverend Jeremiah Wright screaming "God damn America!" was sufficient for rightists to immediately dismiss the informed criticisms of U.S. political regimes that he made, for example.

chesswarsnow
01-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Sorry bout that,

Attempts to influence political outlooks with buzzwords and terms known to evoke strong reactions is a behavior fairly universal to orthodox politics. Playing a quick clip of the Reverend Jeremiah Wright screaming "God damn America!" was sufficient for rightists to immediately dismiss the informed criticisms of U.S. political regimes that he made, for example.

1. Typical lawyer talk double speak, for an Indian you learn fast.
2. Maybe too fast.
3. I don't know if you saw the documentary or not, whether you agree with it or not.
4. Whether your from another planet or not.
5. Or just trying to be funny, or not.:laugh2:
6. Well good luck with that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

Gotta agree with you again mr.P!!!!! :beer:

1. I disagree with Mr. P again.
2. Do I like get some reward for that?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

HogTrash
01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Interresting video because the man isn't doing any of the talking. He is asking people questions and letting them talk. He isn't correcting them or really adding anything to the conversations except to ask the question.

A few of the more interresting parts in the beginning.

A black woman says she experiences racism when white people are overly nice to her??????????

A black man says he experienced racism as a club because a white man told him he was a good dancer and then proceded to dance near him on the dance floor. The black man thought it was racism because he was there with a white woman.

A white man says racism is evident because the US is building a wall along Mexico, but not along our border with Canada.

I've only gotten through the first part of the video and probably won't bother with the rest. But the theme seems to be that people who "experience racism every day" have NO IDEA what racism is and have a hard time explaining what they have experience beyond white people being "overly friendly".The last half of the video is much more informative and interesting than the first.

Thank you for at least attempting to watch it but untill people take an interest in the real problem, nothing will change.

It seems most people are only interested in the perceived hatred and racism that is created and dramatized in the main stream media and hollywood.