PDA

View Full Version : Obama OKs Taxing High-End Health Plans

Monkeybone
01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
See... what he meant by no new taxes apparently was, no new taxes directly at us. But you know.. on things we buy.. maybe it doesn't count? Maybe? Anyone? :laugh2:
President Barack Obama signaled to House Democratic leaders Wednesday that they'll have to drop their opposition to taxing high-end health insurance plans to pay for health coverage for millions of uninsured Americans. You know... I have a way to pay for it. Senate and Congress don't get the own special plan that we pay for. They don't get to vote on their own raises. And a BIG money generator... they don't get paid their salaries the rest of their lives. The Presidents can keep theirs.... but not them.

red states rule
01-07-2010, 09:04 AM
See... what he meant by no new taxes apparently was, no new taxes directly at us. But you know.. on things we buy.. maybe it doesn't count? Maybe? Anyone? :laugh2: You know... I have a way to pay for it. Senate and Congress don't get the own special plan that we pay for. They don't get to vote on their own raises. And a BIG money generator... they don't get paid their salaries the rest of their lives. The Presidents can keep theirs.... but not them.

Obama supporters and PR staff in the liberal media will tell you you are WRONG

When Obama said thise making less then $250,000/yr would not pay a penny in new taxes - he was talking about INCOME TAXES

My liberal co-worker and car pool guy already dismissed these new taxes as a broken promise as right wing hate designed to "tear down" the Obama administration

Monkeybone
01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Obama supporters and PR staff in the liberal media will tell you you are WRONG

When Obama said thise making less then $250,000/yr would not pay a penny in new taxes - he was talking about INCOME TAXES

My liberal co-worker and car pool guy already dismissed these new taxes as a broken promise as right wing hate designed to "tear down" the Obama administration
Yes... right-wing hate... that he said.. that makes perfect sense.

red states rule
01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Yes... right-wing hate... that he said.. that makes perfect sense.

To him it is hate. That is why he no longer psosts here (He was blue states rule)

He sees all this as nit picking. He considers Fox News nothing more then right wing propaganda. Rush, Sean, and Glen Beck are sprewers of hate

Of course, he sees no liberal meida bias, and considers CNN 100% fair, and MSNBC does tilt slightly to the left

This is the world as seen thru liberal colored glasses worn by my co-workers and friend BSR

Right now he is more excited aboout Republicans being in charge. As he said "I am chomping at the bit" and "I can't wait"

You see, being a liberal means you are more at home being an attack dog rather then a problem solver

Monkeybone
01-07-2010, 09:50 AM
I honestly don't want the "Republicans" in charge. Nothing would change. The system needs flushed out.

red states rule
01-07-2010, 09:52 AM
I honestly don't want the "Republicans" in charge. Nothing would change. The system needs flushed out.

I want Reagan conservatives in charge. The same policies that fixed the mess left behind the last time we had all liberal Democrats running things will work again

For those of you who are too young or do not know - that would have been Jimmy Carter

And we are now going thru Jimmy Carter's second term

Monkeybone
01-07-2010, 09:55 AM
I want Reagan conservatives in charge. The same policies that fixed the mess left behind the last time we had all liberal Democrats running things will work again

For those of you who are too young or do not know - that would have been Jimmy Carter

And we are now going thru Jimmy Carter's second term

Too young right here. The only thing that we see is just a bunch of self-serving old farts that want nothing but to stay in power and not be questioned. They see it as a career instead of a service to the people and the country. Main reason for term limits.

red states rule
01-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Too young right here. The only thing that we see is just a bunch of self-serving old farts that want nothing but to stay in power and not be questioned. They see it as a career instead of a service to the people and the country. Main reason for term limits.

Under Carter we had libs running both the HOuse and Senate

We also had double digit inflation, and interest rates

We had near double digit unemployment

We had Dems saying higher taxes and more government spending was the answer

Sound familiar?

Monkeybone
01-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Under Carter we had libs running both the HOuse and Senate

We also had double digit inflation, and interest rates

We had near double digit unemployment

We had Dems saying higher taxes and more government spending was the answer

Sound familiar?

LOL. DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNNN. The plot thickens.

It is just the classic 'left' side sort of thing. In theory these ideas are great and can help a ton of people. In practical use, they just don't work.

Gaffer
01-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Red everytime you mention your liberal buddy I think of alan combs,(ew) the ugliest man on television. I use to wonder if he was paid to be a patsy for hannity. No one could really be that dumb. But, he is. sounds like your friend is too.