PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads

01-07-2010, 07:07 PM
I am trying to figure out what to do next in my life and I am not sure. Im not really happy with the job right now. or where I am at financially etc. Part of me feels like a change might be good. maybe go elsewhere and find a whole new life. Thing is I dont really have any good ideas or motivation to do anything. Nothing is really singing to me.

What on earth do you do when you know you want to do something but havent got a clue what?

Abbey Marie
01-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Sorry no one has responded. I think it is just because it is a tough question.

I can only tell you that personally, I switched from law to software testing to writing. And I enjoyed the subsequent jobs more than I ever enjoyed practicing law. It was a bit scary at first, but it all worked out well for me.

You may have to just try some other things to find what makes you happy. Does teaching appeal to you at all?

SassyLady
01-11-2010, 03:56 PM
I am trying to figure out what to do next in my life and I am not sure. Im not really happy with the job right now. or where I am at financially etc. Part of me feels like a change might be good. maybe go elsewhere and find a whole new life. Thing is I dont really have any good ideas or motivation to do anything. Nothing is really singing to me.

What on earth do you do when you know you want to do something but havent got a clue what?

I've been through this stage before ....... one time I signed up with a temp agency ........ gave me a sample of many different types of industries and a good look at the different types of positions within those industries.

How flexible are you .......... can you leave the town you are in or are you tied down by mortgage, family, etc.? If you are pretty flexible.......sign up with an agency and tell them you are willing to travel.

Good luck!