PDA

View Full Version : southern folks are funny when they cuss

chloe
01-08-2010, 11:15 AM
S2nipAX2mMk

I watched this movie years ago, its a really slow paced movie, low budget, in fact you keep expecting to see more then phone haressment but its mostly just that, what i liked about it is all the clever cussing and racial slurs, I think nobody cusses better then southern people, I laughed to tears at all the southern quips in this movie.:laugh2:

chloe
01-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Plot: Noble Willingham stars as Ace Barker, a duplicitous redneck whose ugly past starts to catch up with him in The Corndog Man. Ace is a boat salesman, and one of the best in his part of South Carolina. One day, he gets a phone call from someone who claims to be in the market for a boat, but before long it's obvious that this caller isn't interested in a day on the water and actually harbors ill will against Ace. It seems that despite his salesman's exterior, Barker is a vicious coward with a racist streak, and he turned his back on a black friend who needed help while in the Army. Barker's new stalker isn't about to let him forget this -- and he also knows about a few of Barker's more recent sexual indiscretions. Ace's nemesis is played by Jim Holmes, who also co-wrote the script with Andrew Shea (who also directed) and David Steen

Im trying to find a copy of it online to watch free...stay tuned !

glockmail
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
:popcorn:

chloe
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Dang cannot find any free watches of it online

dan
01-16-2010, 03:33 PM
I saw this a few years back, but I don't remember a lot of it (I watched it around 2 AM after a very long night!).

I disagree that southerners cuss best, though. Maybe it's just because that's who I'm around all the time, but I much prefer hearing the swear-filled tirades of a NJ/NY guido or a Brit.

chloe
01-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I saw this a few years back, but I don't remember a lot of it (I watched it around 2 AM after a very long night!).

I disagree that southerners cuss best, though. Maybe it's just because that's who I'm around all the time, but I much prefer hearing the swear-filled tirades of a NJ/NY guido or a Brit.

I think it sounds funnny when southerners cuss plus they always throw in some weird kinda statements along with the cussing, lines like these in the movie.

"I'll sell you a boat quicker than cat can lick it's ass!"

"I'm gonna...I'm gonna piss a stream wider then a hand axe!"

"You got a rubber neck? So you can suck yourself and go to hell!!!!"

"I hope you shit in your flat hat!!!"

"If you can't get help with your mental health, go out and hustle some pu**y" :laugh2:

glockmail
01-17-2010, 11:25 AM
When something's really bad the older locals here say "shit-fire!". LOL

chloe
01-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Do you have a southern accent Glock? One time this guy from louisianna got me really stoned and I remember spacing out on the twang of his accent and the way he moved his lips. I noticed that when he closed his mouth that his lips only closed in the middle but there was open gaps to the corners of his mouth, and then he was going on and on about how cool he was how great he was how everyone in louisianna thinks so, and then suddenly he freaked out incredulous on me when I pointed out how he never actually shuts his mouth fully, he kicked his chair back dramatically and called me a "lying sack of shit" :laugh2: omg I couldnt stop laughing at his over reaction then he called me a light weight and kicked me out of his house. I just LOVE southerners they are so dramatic !!!!

Little-Acorn
01-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Heard from a Georgia resident:

"I was nigh on to eighteen years old 'fore I found out 'Damn Yankee' was two words!"

chloe
01-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Heard from a Georgia resident:

"I was nigh on to eighteen years old 'fore I found out 'Damn Yankee' was two words!"

:laugh2:

glockmail
01-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Do you have a southern accent Glock? One time this guy from louisianna got me really stoned and I remember spacing out on the twang of his accent and the way he moved his lips. I noticed that when he closed his mouth that his lips only closed in the middle but there was open gaps to the corners of his mouth, and then he was going on and on about how cool he was how great he was how everyone in louisianna thinks so, and then suddenly he freaked out incredulous on me when I pointed out how he never actually shuts his mouth fully, he kicked his chair back dramatically and called me a "lying sack of shit" :laugh2: omg I couldnt stop laughing at his over reaction then he called me a light weight and kicked me out of his house. I just LOVE southerners they are so dramatic !!!!No I grew up near Boston and had that ugly accent for a while. I lived in central New York State for over a decade, which is actually "eastern most mid-west", and that toned down the Boston twang greatly. I do like the colloquialisms of The South, especially "y'all", which I point out to its detractors is more politically correct when talking to a group then "you guys" since it includes not just guys but gals as well.

chloe
01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
No I grew up near Boston and had that ugly accent for a while. I lived in central New York State for over a decade, which is actually "eastern most mid-west", and that toned down the Boston twang greatly. I do like the colloquialisms of The South, especially "y'all", which I point out to its detractors is more politically correct when talking to a group then "you guys" since it includes not just guys but gals as well.

My grandmas 3rd Husband was from boston, I loved the way he pronounced her name, he was a pretty nice guy and 23 years or so younger then her:cool:...way to go grammy

glockmail
01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
My grandmas 3rd Husband was from boston, I loved the way he pronounced her name, he was a pretty nice guy and 23 years or so younger then her:cool:...way to go grammy Cougah!

HogTrash
01-19-2010, 04:56 PM
I have known a few southerners whose expertise in cursing elevated the practice to an art form.

To reach this level of perfection one must start very young and have it passed down generationally.

An old biker buddy of mine with roots in the appalachian mountains had such a son who became proficient at a young age.

His name was Drew and I know for a fact the first words he ever spoke were not baba, momma or dada.

Once while watching a horrific multiple car/truck/big rig mega pile-up crash on TV, the dirty faced little 4 year old with eyes and mouth wide open in amazement uttered the words "holy shit".

The words rolled off his tongue as natural as juicy sweet sap from a maple tree in the fall...I looked on in awe and knew I was witnessing a master at the art of cursing and he was still just a child.

chloe
01-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Cougah!

My grandma was a hottie:laugh2:

chloe
01-20-2010, 10:31 PM
I have known a few southerners whose expertise in cursing elevated the practice to an art form.

To reach this level of perfection one must start very young and have it passed down generationally.

An old biker buddy of mine with roots in the appalachian mountains had such a son who became proficient at a young age.

His name was Drew and I know for a fact the first words he ever spoke were not baba, momma or dada.

Once while watching a horrific multiple car/truck/big rig mega pile-up crash on TV, the dirty faced little 4 year old with eyes and mouth wide open in amazement uttered the words "holy shit".

The words rolled off his tongue as natural as juicy sweet sap from a maple tree in the fall...I looked on in awe and knew I was witnessing a master at the art of cursing and he was still just a child.

I cuss like a sailor, but I don't know what my accent is, people always ask me and I dont know.

HogTrash
01-20-2010, 11:06 PM
I cuss like a sailor, but I don't know what my accent is, people always ask me and I dont know.What part of America did you spend the majority of your developemental years?...5 to 20.

chloe
01-20-2010, 11:10 PM
What part of America did you spend the majority of your developemental years?...5 to 20.

Missouri, Arizona, New Mexico, Wyoming, Nevada, Texas, Colorado, thats 5-20

HogTrash
01-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Missouri, Arizona, New Mexico, Wyoming, Nevada, Texas, Colorado, thats 5-20Mostly southwest...Howdy cowgirl.

I'm sure your accent is predominately southwestern.

chloe
01-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Mostly southwest...Howdy cowgirl.

I'm sure your accent is predominately southwestern.

ok I will believe you on that one

chloe
03-19-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.yidio.com/login.php/login.php/corndog-man/id/49322104

You can fullscreen it ! Warning: Very Foul Language & Racist themes, its a sleeper independant film but the accents and swearing crack me up.:cool: