PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Answer For 10% Unemployment - "Green Jobs"

red states rule
01-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Recovering from my surgery, I am bored enough to watch the liberal media on TV and watch Obama's PR staff at MSNBC work full time to try and convince their viewers that Obama actually knows what the hell he is doing as President

Yesterday was something to behold

The day before, all I heard was how the US econmy was going to end the streak of lost jobs, and how Obama's economic policies were finally going to start paying off

Well, the US economy lost 84,000 jobs and those same "reporters" were trying NOT to talk about another month of failure brought to you by Pres Obama and the Democrats

Well, when Obama came out to talk about the unemployment picture, I was hoping he wuld talk about across the board tax cuts, and reductions in government spending

I know, dumb me

No, the solution to lost jobs in America is adding green jobs and spending billions more in taxpayer money we do not have

and it lets him get away from talking about those pesky terrorists who insist on trying to kill Americans

Obama refocuses on jobs after weak labor report

By TOM RAUM

WASHINGTON (AP) -- His agenda altered by the Christmas bombing attempt, President Barack Obama pivoted back to the domestic economy on Friday, promoting new U.S. spending to create tens of thousands of clean-technology jobs.

He outlined the initiative after a weak government jobs report raised new questions about the sustainability of the recovery.

"It's clear why such an effort is so important. Building a robust clean energy sector is how we will create the jobs of the future, jobs that pay well and can't be outsourced," Obama said in late-afternoon economic comments at the White House.

Obama spoke after the Labor Department said the U.S. jobless rate was unchanged at 10 percent in December, following a decline the previous month. But the government's broader measure of unemployment - which includes people who have stopped looking for work or can't find full-time jobs - ticked up 0.1 percentage point to 17.3 percent.

That, plus the larger-than-expected loss of 85,000 jobs in December, put new pressure on the administration to step up job creation.

"The road to recovery is never straight," Obama said, although he added that the trend is pointing toward an improving jobs picture.

Riveted for the past two weeks on terrorism, the White House has been eager for a subject change. And Friday's remarks were an attempt to return national attention to Obama's domestic agenda, particularly jobs.

As long as the focus remains on terrorism, Obama is vulnerable to criticism that he isn't aggressively addressing the jobs crisis - potentially damaging politically for Democrats in this year's midterm elections. Polls show that jobs are the No. 1 concern of Americans.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ECONOMY_OBAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-01-08-21-59-34

Gaffer
01-09-2010, 10:00 AM
I heard him too. I had fox news on and he slithered out to make another say nothing do nothing speech. He's going to create 200 new jobs in the windmill business...wow. And he went on about global warming like it's real.

I called him everything but a white man and wished curses on him. Never an arab terrorist around when you need them.

stephanie
01-09-2010, 10:13 AM
saw this the other day..money for green jobs is actually money FOR UNIONS

“Green Jobs” = SEIU/Union Jobs
By Michelle Malkin • January 7, 2010 02:02 PM As if you needed more evidence of the boondoggle-ishness of the Green Jobs racket, two items for your file:

1) Via Inside Charm City, Maryland’s Democrat Senators dole out green job funding to an SEIU partnership…

Senators Benjamin L. Cardin and Barbara A. Mikulski (both D-Md.) today announced the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act includes funding for job training in renewable and energy efficient industries in Maryland through the Department of Labor (DOL).

This $4.6 million ARRA grant has been awarded H-CAP, Inc to provide enhanced skills training to job seekers and entry-level environmental service workers for new and emerging green jobs in the healthcare industry. The project will operate in Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Prince George’s County in Maryland, as well as counties in New York, California and the District of Columbia.

“This Partnership is funded with recovery dollars and it is an investment in our future – a future in which our state and nation will become more energy efficient and independent and one that will create new, green jobs that will help grow our economy,” said Senator Cardin, a member of the Senate Budget Committee.

“This funding is exactly what the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act is all about – creating and sustaining jobs today and preparing for the jobs of tomorrow,” Senator Mikulski said. “This grant will give Marylanders the opportunity to get the training they need to find and keep a job, while also helping to make sure that health care in Maryland is environmentally friendly.”H-CAP, Inc. will partner with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) in Maryland as well as Health Care Without Harm (HCWH), a coalition that promotes environmentally-friendly healthcare practices, to train approximately 3,000 job seekers. The project will also develop new curricula that will cover the role of environmental service workers in green healthcare, the development of cross-industry green jobs and green career pathways for entry-level workers.
2) Via Morgen at Verum Serum, a closer look at the latest round of Big Labor’s green pork grant recipients:

Yesterday the Department of Labor announced the release of $100M in grants funded by the stimulus bill to “support green job training programs to help dislocated workers and others, including veterans, women, African Americans and Latinos, find jobs in expanding green industries and related occupations”.

This is only a portion of the $500M total allocated by the stimulus bill for such purposes. Back in November an initial $55 million in grants were released, the bulk of which went to state-run job training programs, with relatively small amounts going to community job training programs.

However, the primary recipients of the latest $100M in grants are a little more noteworthy:

* UAW Labor Employment and Training Corporation – $3,200,000
* 1199SEIU Family of Funds (disguised as “HCAP, Inc.”) -$4,637,551
* Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA), AFL*CIO – $4,993,922
* International Transportation Learning Center (whose board consists almost exclusively of union leaders) – $5,000,000
* International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and the National Electrical Contractors Association – $5,000,000
* Institute for Career Development (aka United Steelworkers) – $4,658,983
* Blue Green Alliance (whose members consist largely of unions) – $5,000,000
* Communications Workers of America – $3,969,056
* Thomas Shortman Training Scholarship and Safety Fund (SEIU) – $2,802,269

more at..
http://michellemalkin.com/2010/01/07/green-jobs-seiuunion-jobs/

Gaffer
01-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Green = Red

Get in line behind the EPA and shut your mouth. The unions want complete control over all industry in this country. A bunch of thugs using the government to take over businesses for them selves. They are not satisfied with getting every one a piece of the pie. They want the whole pie.

stephanie
01-09-2010, 10:46 AM
August 23, 2009

(more info)
(less info) Want to Subscribe?
Sign In or Sign Up now!
We elected an organizer for SEIU and ACORN to the office of President, and that's exactly what we got-an organizer for SEIU and ACORN, who has put their agenda above the needs of the entire nation.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQ1NJaCtIkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQ1NJaCtIkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

red states rule
01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
August 23, 2009

(more info)
(less info) Want to Subscribe?
Sign In or Sign Up now!
We elected an organizer for SEIU and ACORN to the office of President, and that's exactly what we got-an organizer for SEIU and ACORN, who has put their agenda above the needs of the entire nation.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQ1NJaCtIkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQ1NJaCtIkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Obama has lost 4 MILLION jobs since he took office, and he talks about spening billions to "create" 19 THOUSAND

This giuy is a bigger idiot then even I thought

What happened to the nearly ONE TRILLION DOLLAR STIMULUS bill that Reid and Pelosi wrote that was to create hundreds of thousands "shovel ready jobs"?

Any answers there from the Obama supporters?

KarlMarx
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM
I just hope that we have a country left by the time the November elections come along....

red states rule
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I just hope that we have a country left by the time the November elections come along....

We will

We made it past Carter - and we will make it past Obama

I hope we find a true Reagan CONSERVATIVE to lead the way and clean up the huge mess that will be left behind