PDA

View Full Version : Armed TSA Agents Threaten Travel Journalist

BoogyMan
01-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Wow, how Orwellian.

Source (http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/armed-tsa-agents-threaten-travel-journalist/)

At 7:00 p.m. on December 29, armed TSA agents banged on the door of photojournalist and KLM Airlines blogger Steven Frischling’s Connecticut home. “They threatened me with a criminal search warrant and suggested they’d call up my clients and say I was a security risk if I didn’t turn over my computer to them. They said ‘we could make this difficult for you,’” Frischling told me in a telephone interview the following afternoon. By then, TSA had removed Frischling’s computer from his home, made a copy of his hard drive, and returned the computer to him.

The federal agents, dispatched form the Transportation Security Administration’s Office of Inspection, had wanted Frischling, a respected travel journalist, to name names. They wanted Frischling to tell them who had given him “TSA Security Directive SD-1544-09-06,” which Frischling and another blogger had posted online three days earlier.

.: Read the rest of this article :. (http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/armed-tsa-agents-threaten-travel-journalist/)

HogTrash
01-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Government agencies are testing the waters and taking notes to see how far they can go before the people will react to force.

This has been been on-going for the past 20 years...Waco and Ruby Ridge come to mind as two major reactionary experiments.

SassyLady
01-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Too bad they don't use the same tactics against suspected terrorists!

Mr. P
01-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Does anyone else remember the phrase used when the Gov was trying to take over the airport security form the private sector?

It was:

"To Professionalize we must Nationalize"

Did you object? I damn sure did..I saw this coming.

Next up yer health care.

PostmodernProphet
01-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I stopped believing it when they said they made a copy of his hard drive and returned his computer.....if the story was true they would have kept the original and given him a copy, so they could process the hard drive to obtain deleted records.....