PDA

View Full Version : What *NOT* To Do To A Harley....

Pale Rider
04-20-2007, 03:17 PM
This is what happens when a sorry son of a bitch runs a red arrow and pulls right in front of you while you're proceding through a green light. $7,000 worth of damage, and yes, his ass is mine.

darin
04-20-2007, 03:37 PM
WOW - were you okay??? ARE You okay? That bike'd make KILLER right turns now, though.
:p

jackass
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Pale is that your bike?? You ok?

glockmail
04-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Where'd you end up, on his hood?

Pale Rider
04-20-2007, 03:53 PM
To answer all questions, yes, that's my 2006, numbered, limited edition, 35th Anniversary Harley Davidson Super Glide.

I'm a serviced connected disabled vet for cervical spine, which includes a surgical cervical fusion, chronic pain, and sleep disorder from such. This is now exacerbated from pile driving the rear, right quarter panel of a Ford Explorer. My neck is quite sore and was swollen. I can't hardly go to the V.A. at this point and tell them it's worse and expect them to do anything about it. It's going to have to come from the asshole that ran the red light. (Which is EPIDEMIC in Reno.) Fortunately he stopped, and fortunately he owns a large ranch in Yerington, Nevada, and is very well insured. He's going to need it.

I ended up laying in the street. I had full leathers on, coat, chaps, gloves, but still got banged around hitting the street, sore shoulder, back, hip, and a little abrasion on the back of my right hand, right through the leather.

Mr. P
04-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Man you were lucky, Pale!

My only advice is don't settle toooo fast if at all.

Pale Rider
04-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Man you were lucky, Pale!

My only advice is don't settle toooo fast if at all.

My insurance company assigned me an agent to help me with my injuries. I don't how far they'll go with it, but if I think they're not being aggresive enough, I'm hiring me the meanest ambulance chaser in the state.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Good Grief....I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse..
What you did was bad enough..
Take her easy and try and heal...:cheers2:

Pale Rider
04-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Good Grief....I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse..
What you did was bad enough..
Take her easy and try and heal...:cheers2:

Oh I'm taking it easy alright... I also got fired from my job too... :cool:

darin
04-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Geesh brother. You need a vacation. Praise God though...Aight?

jackass
04-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Oh I'm taking it easy alright... I also got fired from my job... :cool:

You did...why???

Pale Rider
04-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Geesh brother. You need a vacation. Praise God though...Aight?

I have twenty six weeks of max unemployment coming, and I get a nice little wad from the V.A. for being 80% service connected every month, so I guess I'm not destitute. But this does give me the unique opportunity to pursue some things I've been working on, AND getting some much needed rest.

I've been in some horendous crashes in my life, and I've walked away from every one of them. I do believe I have a gaurdian angel, that's not going to let anything happen to me until it's my time.

Praise the Lord brother.

Pale Rider
04-20-2007, 04:28 PM
You did...why???

They wouldn't say. Don't care. I have other irons in the fire, and was planning on leaving soon anyway. Perhaps they caught wind of that.

darin
04-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I have twenty six weeks of max unemployment coming, and I get a nice little wad from the V.A. for being 80% service connected every month, so I guess I'm not destitute. But this does give me the unique opportunity to pursue some things I've been working on, AND getting some much needed rest.

I've been in some horendous crashes in my life, and I've walked away from every one of them. I do believe I have a gaurdian angel, that's not going to let anything happen to me until it's my time.

Praise the Lord brother.

And brother - more importantly...Keep your eyes open to see how you may be used of God through these circumstances. :D

Pale Rider
04-20-2007, 04:38 PM
And brother - more importantly...Keep your eyes open to see how you may be used of God through these circumstances. :D

I've never denied my God. I've even told a story, back on the USMB, of a miracle I believe I witnessed, only to be questioned and ridiculed by some. I think my message to other Christians is, "never lose or deny your faith." ... and the Holy Spirit will always be with you.

Kathianne
04-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Thank God you are alright. I hope what you dream comes to pass on the new career path. There's always a window opening.

Pale Rider
05-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Thank God you are alright. I hope what you dream comes to pass on the new career path. There's always a window opening.

It did. I'm retired, and loving it. I think I'm going to move back up to Montana.

Kathianne
05-25-2007, 11:07 PM
It did. I'm retired, and loving it. I think I'm going to move back up to Montana.

Congratulations!

nevadamedic
05-25-2007, 11:18 PM
This is what happens when a sorry son of a bitch runs a red arrow and pulls right in front of you while you're proceding through a green light. $7,000 worth of damage, and yes, his ass is mine.

Did you see the Harley post I made earlier?

Bulldog
05-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Aww... man! :(

I'm so sorry (and angry) to hear this.

The first person to invent a handlebar mounted 'Asswad Radar' will become a very rich person indeed!

I hope you can sue the guy to the 'n'th degree and have his driving licence taken from him. It sounds as though he doesn't deserve the privilege of holding one.

All the best with your recovery, bud. :)

Respect, Bulldog.

5stringJeff
05-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Dude... I am so sorry to hear about this! :(

I'm glad that you've got the insurance of the numbnuts who ran the red light. Don't settle for anything less than everything. And rest and let your body heal!

Trigg
05-29-2007, 08:42 AM
I ended up laying in the street. I had full leathers on, coat, chaps, gloves, but still got banged around hitting the street, sore shoulder, back, hip, and a little abrasion on the back of my right hand, right through the leather.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Thank goodness you were covered up and didn't end up with road rash to bad.

Saw a guy the other day in shorts, t-shirt and sandles tooling down the road. MORONS obviously don't like their skin to much.

glockmail
05-29-2007, 08:47 AM
I hope you start feeling better soon. Thank goodness you were covered up and didn't end up with road rash to bad.

Saw a guy the other day in shorts, t-shirt and sandles tooling down the road. MORONS obviously don't like their skin to much.

I bet Pale looks real sexy in leather chaps. :laugh2: