PDA

View Full Version : December 2009: Second Snowiest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere

red states rule
01-11-2010, 09:22 AM
So much for the global warming nuts who gave us global warming predictions how we would have less snow, warmer winters, and more Katrina like storms

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00668/Snow_1__668045a.jpg

According to the Rutgers University Global Snow Lab, last month had the second greatest December Northern Hemisphere snow cover since records were started in 1966. Snow extent was measured at 45.86 million sq. km, topped only by 1985 at 45.99 million sq. km. North America set a record December extent at 15.98 million sq. km, and the US also set a December record at 4.16 million sq. km.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/01/10/second-snowiest-december-on-record-in-the-northern-hemisphere/

glockmail
01-11-2010, 09:28 AM
My plow guy gave up on me, too much snow, so I had to buy a snow blower. A friend of mine walked off the edge of a slope to take a piss while skiing and sank up to his waist in soft powder.

red states rule
01-11-2010, 09:30 AM
My plow guy gave up on me, too much snow, so I had to buy a snow blower. A friend of mine walked off the edge of a slope to take a piss while skiing and sank up to his waist in soft powder.

Well you helped "stimulate" your local economy Glock - good job

Where is Al Gore and his Global Warming Travlin' Road Show?

glockmail
01-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Well you helped "stimulate" your local economy Glock - good job

Where is Al Gore and his Global Warming Travlin' Road Show?

Actually I had to order my new toy from Illinois, on line. I ended up with a 24" Ariens. The nearest dealer was too far away, in Roanoke, VA.

My local Snapper dealer had never sold one before, and when he called his distributor they were all sold out and the manufacturer wasn't planning on making another run until next summer or fall. My local Simplicity dealer wasn't helpful when I went to buy a new mower last spring, and they were more expensive than the Snapper.

The good news is I saved the sales tax (NC recently went up another 1% with our new liberal governess) which was more than the delivery cost.

red states rule
01-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Actually I had to order my new toy from Illinois, on line. I ended up with a 24" Ariens. The nearest dealer was too far away, in Roanoke, VA.

My local Snapper dealer had never sold one before, and when he called his distributor they were all sold out and the manufacturer wasn't planning on making another run until next summer or fall. My local Simplicity dealer wasn't helpful when I went to buy a new mower last spring, and they were more expensive than the Snapper.

The good news is I saved the sales tax (NC recently went up another 1% with our new liberal governess) which was more than the delivery cost.

So you got a good deal and avoided the tax

Good for you :salute:

namvet
01-11-2010, 10:30 AM

brings to mind a song. "don't you eat that yellow snow" :coffee:

namvet
01-11-2010, 10:32 AM
the tow truck operators here are having a record breaking profit year. their all grins. in the midst of confusion there is always profit.

red states rule
01-11-2010, 10:37 AM
the tow truck operators here are having a record breaking profit year. their all grins. in the midst of confusion there is always profit.

As well as the people that plow out parking lots for private businesses

They are loving Al Gore's global warming crisis

glockmail
01-11-2010, 10:37 AM
brings to mind a song. "don't you eat that yellow snow" :coffee: Do you have any idea how hard it must have been to take a piss standing up with your dick in the snow? :lol:

glockmail
01-11-2010, 10:49 AM
So you got a good deal and avoided the tax

Good for you :salute: And I bought an American made product from a company making products since 1933.

I did a lot of research before I bought one of these things, plus I've got the experience of owning two others previously. MTD makes a lot of these under several different brands, and most have Chinese engines that are unlicensed copies of Honda engines. They are generally around 35% cheaper than Ariens, Snapper or Simplicity that use high quality Briggs and Stratton engines.

But a snow blower is not like a lawn mower or a pressure washer that if breaks you go down to any hardware store and buy a new one on sale. This is something that you have to depend on and when something goes wrong it's not easy to replace, especially here in The South where they don't sell that many.

I've blown two engines in previous machines. Once was a used machine and probably had something wrong with it (I got my money back). The second was a Craftsman with a Tecumseh engine, and I was very luck to have a neighbor to rescue me and a local dealer open on a Saturday and stocking a replacement engine.

Binky
01-11-2010, 11:07 AM

:laugh2::laugh2: What a vision...........Him in midstream, so to speak, and then, ugh............he has sunken in snow..... :laugh2:

Binky
01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Do you have any idea how hard it must have been to take a piss standing up with your dick in the snow? :lol:

:laugh2::laugh2:He could've peed his way out....You know....like diggin' oneself out of a hole.....Only this way, he would've melted it as he went on a peeing.....:laugh2: