PDA

View Full Version : Member of the Month

jimnyc
01-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I tried this once a long while back. The board had sidebars and a column where I could insert pictures/text. I had used one area to nominate a "member of the month". As the sidebar went away, so did the MOTM.

I will design/implement something that will display the nominees selection more prominently, to acknowledge their contribution to the community. Until I can get that squared away, I will just post our selection here.

Staff has had a spur of the moment discussion and it centered around Noir. We agreed that he was a great member who remained cool under the hood when sometimes under constant attack. He's a good debater for a young lad and wants to learn more about things he doesn't know. Let's not forget that he is from the UK! I've also seen him quite active in all the regular discussion forums in addition to the political arena. I think he's a fantastic contributor and more than deserving of our "1st" Member of the Month Award! Congrats, Noir!

chloe
01-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Noir is awesome Congrats Noir !!!!:salute:

crin63
01-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Even though he is wrong about nearly everything :coffee:, he is still an interesting kid and an ass et to the community. :clap:

Congrats Noir!!!!

jimnyc
01-11-2010, 10:48 AM
I tossed a little something together which is now just directly beneath the navigation bar at the top of the board. Please let me know your thoughts on this, and what you think may be a better way of displaying our MOTM, and where!

stephanie
01-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Way to go Noir..congrats.:dance:

Noir
01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Oh mys, erm, thanks guys, t'was certainly a surprise ^_^

This is prob my fav political board I'm on, because on the whole most folks think I'm wrong, lol, which makes for much more interesting discussion, anyways, thank y'all kindly again =D

stephanie
01-11-2010, 11:19 AM

This is prob my fav political board I'm on, because on the whole most folks think I'm wrong, lol, which makes for much more interesting discussion, anyways, thank y'all kindly again =D

LOL, love the avatar..it says a lot..:laugh2:

Noir
01-11-2010, 11:33 AM
LOL, love the avatar..it says a lot..:laugh2:

Yups, i made it just for HogTrash, but i don't think he noticed ='(

Kathianne
01-11-2010, 11:35 AM

Great first nominee! Wear the cap proudly. ;)

Abbey Marie
01-11-2010, 11:53 AM
:dance: :clap:

hjmick
01-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Damn kids...

Congrats Noir.

Trigg
01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I demand a re-count!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k congrats noir

BoogyMan
01-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Congrats dude!

mrg666
01-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Nice to see us Brits getting something :) :laugh2:

and Gratz to Noir

HogTrash
01-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Yups, i made it just for HogTrash, but i don't think he noticed ='(I thought you were experiencing a rare moment of self-awareness...I should of known better.

I suppose I have to be nice to you till the end of the month but don't get use to it peckerwood.

gabosaurus
01-11-2010, 02:12 PM
If anyone should know about "self awareness" it is HogTrash. Just make sure to clean up before anyone sees it.

CSM
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Great Choice!!!

Congrats Noir!

Mr. P
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
The kid is impressive for a kid..SEND him the $$$$ already!!!

Noir
01-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I thought you were experiencing a rare moment of self-awareness...I should of known better.

I suppose I have to be nice to you till the end of the month but don't get use to it peckerwood.

I see nothing in the rules sayin you have ta be nice, so just carry on as your usual self hoggy =)

SassyLady
01-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I think it's wonderful Noir .............. you are a very self-aware young man......you just need a cougar or two to wise you up and round out your education a bit ........so quit listening to the guys around here and focus on the what the ladies have to say!!!

Noir
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
I think it's wonderful Noir .............. you are a very self-aware young man......you just need a cougar or two to wise you up and round out your education a bit ........so quit listening to the guys around here and focus on the what the ladies have to say!!!

A cougar eh?
*looks up urban dictionary*

Cougar;
Noun. A 35+ year old female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities)waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path. "Man is cougar's number one prey"

:eek:
Bring them on!
:coffee:

SassyLady
01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
A cougar eh?

Bring them on!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/kangkong182/housewives.jpg

Here they come............look out!!!

I am offically a cougar - married my husband when he was 30 and I was 41, but I didn't need a padded bra!!! :coffee:

Gaffer
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Good choice. Noir will go head to head with anybody over anything. I do like to read his posts, even the ones I don't agree with him on cause he always makes an effort to back up what he says.

If nothing else he deserves it for reading through that dribble posted by Mr. Prostate.

SassyLady
01-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Good choice. Noir will go head to head with anybody over anything. I do like to read his posts, even the ones I don't agree with him on cause he always makes an effort to back up what he says.

If nothing else he deserves it for reading through that dribble posted by Mr. Prostate.

I must spread rep Gaffer!!!

Noir
01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/kangkong182/housewives.jpg

Here they come............look out!!!

I am offically a cougar - married my husband when he was 30 and I was 41, but I didn't need a padded bra!!! :coffee:

Enticing as they may be, i think i'll stick with the jailbait :salute:

SassyLady
01-11-2010, 04:44 PM

What do you think you'll learn from jailbait Noir? I think your ego could handle a mature, confident woman.

hjmick
01-11-2010, 04:48 PM

Older women, Noir. Trust me. They will make your toes curl until they cramp.

Noir
01-11-2010, 04:51 PM
What do you think you'll learn from jailbait Noir? I think your ego could handle a mature, confident woman.

Okay, i can take a hint, you've been added to the list for the "milkman tour" of the US this summer ;)

SassyLady
01-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Okay, i can take a hint, you've been added to the list for the "milkman tour" of the US this summer ;)

You adorable cutie!!! Be sure to bring some good wine and cheese with you.. :dance:

Kathianne
01-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Nice to see us Brits getting something :) :laugh2:

and Gratz to Noir

Well we are sort of anglophiles here, so your turn may be coming. ;)

Abbey Marie
01-11-2010, 06:10 PM
You adorable cutie!!! Be sure to bring some good wine and cheese with you.. :dance:

Noir, you should be so lucky!

Noir
01-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Noir, you should be so lucky!

Don't i know it, i also owe you a 'tour' of Westminster if i memo correctly =/

Abbey Marie
01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Don't i know it, i also owe you a 'tour' of Westminster if i memo correctly =/

Yes- great memory! :thumb:

jimnyc
01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I'd like a cougar!! :beer:

jimnyc
01-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Also, the MOTM acknowledgment was showing up on every page on the forum. I was able to add some code to have it only show on the main page of the forum. Still would like some feedback on what you guys would like to see...

is it too big, bad colors, bad location...?

Noir
01-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Yes- great memory! :thumb:

Certain things are hard to forget xD

Noir
01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Also, the MOTM acknowledgment was showing up on every page on the forum. I was able to add some code to have it only show on the main page of the forum. Still would like some feedback on what you guys would like to see...

Looks good ta me, it was a bit much being on every page, but i think its fine how it is at the mo,

Abbey Marie
01-11-2010, 06:29 PM

I really like the location. The text is a little hard on my eyes for some reason that I can't quite figure out yet.

ETA: The red text is very glary.

jimnyc
01-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I really like the location. The text is a little hard on my eyes for some reason that I can't quite figure out yet.

ETA: The red text is very glary.

Changed it to the same as the others. How is it now? I guess I did that so that the reason we were acknowledging someone was evident. Maybe something just above the table?

SassyLady
01-11-2010, 06:35 PM

Before I became one I always wanted one too!!

http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/PP70Cougar22.jpg

Kathianne
01-11-2010, 06:36 PM

I'd like some male pics. It's my birthday! Sorry, Noir. :laugh2:

I think the acknowledgment of Noir's standing is great!

Abbey Marie
01-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Changed it to the same as the others. How is it now? I guess I did that so that the reason we were acknowledging someone was evident. Maybe something just above the table?

Easier to read, but I see your point. Maybe the MOTM title above the table would be good.

SassyLady
01-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I'd like some male pics. It's my birthday! Sorry, Noir. :laugh2:

Here you go!

http://www.bestofvegas.com/Shows-Tickets/Chippendales/images/Chippendales-show-las-vegas-poster.jpg

Kathianne
01-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Before I became one I always wanted one too!!

http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/PP70Cougar22.jpg

We had one, though yellow, not orange. ;)

hjmick
01-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Well we are sort of anglophiles here, so your turn may be coming. ;)

Brits get preferential consideration?

Bloody 'ell! Sod off mrg! 'Urry, someone get me me Shepherd's Pie an' sausage rolls... Oy, an' some Boddington's to wash 'em down!

Kathianne
01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Here you go!

http://www.bestofvegas.com/Shows-Tickets/Chippendales/images/Chippendales-show-las-vegas-poster.jpg

A move in the right direction! ;)

chloe
01-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Are there special perks and benefits for "Member of the month" a special reserved parking spot? I heard now that Noir is this months "Star member" he has a list of demands that must be accomodated before he logs in to perform his posting for the online audience.....wink....(it has to do with everyone giving up meat) Congrats again Noir !

Noir
01-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Are there special perks and benefits for "Member of the month" a special reserved parking spot? I heard now that Noir is this months "Star member" he has a list of demands that must be accomodated before he logs in to perform his posting for the online audience.....wink....(it has to do with everyone giving up meat) Congrats again Noir !

Oh its not gone to my head, not like i'm gonna get all demanding, i'll just ask nicely, so, you have a webcam yes? :cool:

Jeff
01-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Congrats Noir!!!

chloe
01-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh its not gone to my head, not like i'm gonna get all demanding, i'll just ask nicely, so, you have a webcam yes? :cool:

I do :cool:

Noir
01-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I do :cool:

and you have skype?...then we are on to win...

chloe
01-11-2010, 11:27 PM
and you have skype?...then we are on to win...

I don't have skype, but your a baby I'm not that cougar lady:laugh2: ....

Noir
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM

Oh these things can be downloaded...and no worries, is your daughter still up? xD

chloe
01-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh these things can be downloaded...and no worries, is your daughter still up? xD

:coffee:.... you make me nervous.....

SassyLady
01-12-2010, 12:19 AM
:coffee:.... you make me nervous.....

My, my Chloe - maybe he was innocently trying to tell you that your daughter could help you download the Skype thing? :poke: :cheers2:

Noir
01-12-2010, 12:23 AM
My, my Chloe - maybe he was innocently trying to tell you that your daughter could help you download the Skype thing? :poke: :cheers2:

No, no I wasn't :coffee:

Mr. P
01-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Has our member of the month declined to the pervert of the month in less than a day? :poke:

SassyLady
01-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Has our member of the month declined to the pervert of the month in less than a day? :poke:

Yep!!! He is being what made him the member of the month - honest, no matter the consequences!!! :slap:

He's already admitted he prefers jailbait to cougars!!

Thanks Noir for sticking up for your principles young man. That's why we admire you so much. :beer:

chloe
01-12-2010, 08:14 AM

:laugh2:.....isn't that a pre-requisite to become member of the month?

Binky
01-18-2010, 11:58 PM

:laugh2::laugh2:Good answer....:laugh2:

Binky
01-19-2010, 12:00 AM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Good one!

Binky
01-19-2010, 12:03 AM
A cougar eh?

Bring them on!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

chloe
01-19-2010, 12:04 AM
:laugh2::laugh2:Good answer....:laugh2:

I'm all talk no delivery....:cool:...disappointing perhaps I know heh heh.....

Binky
01-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Older women, Noir. Trust me. They will make your toes curl until they cramp.

Noir
01-19-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm all talk no delivery....:cool:...disappointing perhaps I know heh heh.....

We have a name for nasty people like you :p

chloe
01-19-2010, 12:17 AM
We have a name for nasty people like you :p

what is it? I am flirty....not really nasty there is a difference.:cool:

Noir
01-19-2010, 12:20 AM
what is it? I am flirty....not really nasty there is a difference.:cool:

Its not nasty, but its also not for a ladys ears :cool:

chloe
01-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Its not nasty, but its also not for a ladys ears :cool:

what does the note your holding mean? oh yeah Im used to bad words, I grew up hearing them:laugh2:

Noir
01-19-2010, 12:29 AM
what does the note your holding mean? oh yeah Im used to bad words, I grew up hearing them:laugh2:

The sign is part of a game, on all the websites i am on i have signs relating to that website, anyone who can crack the code automatically becomes my favourite person on that site, so far only one person has got it from another site.

What are these bad words you speak of?...i have lead a most sheltered life...

chloe
01-19-2010, 12:35 AM
The sign is part of a game, on all the websites i am on i have signs relating to that website, anyone who can crack the code automatically becomes my favourite person on that site, so far only one person has got it from another site.

LOL, I know you have. Hmm cursed ramblings & rants mostly of drunks in their blubber pretty unpleasant words really.:cool:

SassyLady
01-19-2010, 02:24 AM

Hell (ooops - one of those bad words), I can't even download a song, how am I supposed to decipher your code.

Any clues Noir? I'm guessing it doesn't mean - I love Hogtrash. :poke:

Noir
01-19-2010, 02:27 AM
LOL, I know you have. Hmm cursed ramblings & rants mostly of drunks in their blubber pretty unpleasant words really.:cool:

Damn, where's Psychoblues when you need him? =/

Noir
01-19-2010, 02:29 AM
Hell (ooops - one of those bad words), I can't even download a song, how am I supposed to decipher your code.

Any clues Noir? I'm guessing it doesn't mean - I love Hogtrash. :poke:

Well its not meant to be easy, you do have two of the words right however, , more by luck than method i would think lol

SassyLady
01-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Well its not meant to be easy, you do have two of the words right however, , more by luck than method i would think lol

OK - I just didn't want to be egotistical .... must be:

I love MKP!

Noir
01-19-2010, 02:49 AM

OK - I just didn't want to be egotistical .... must be:

I love MKP!

Now i feel bad that its not :p

chloe
01-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Damn, where's Psychoblues when you need him? =/

He's at an AA meeting sharing experience, strength and hope .:cool:

Abbey Marie
01-19-2010, 11:05 AM

It's "I love big-bottomed girls". ;)

Noir
01-19-2010, 01:54 PM
It's "I love big-bottomed girls". ;)

Touche ;)