PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Cougars

Noir
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Seems rather fitting, given what is going on in my home country of Northern Ireland at the moment.

For those who don't know, some powers of government have been devolved from the UK Parliament to our local assembly.

The leader of the house, and leader of Northern Irelands largest party, the DUP, Peter Robinson has been a key player in our politics for many years, and his wife, Iris, has also. Making them a very powerful political couple, it would be akin to Barack Obama being Pres and Michele Obama being leader of the house of Representatives.

buuuuut a close aid to hers went to the media as a whistleblower, citing financial irregularities, the more the media dug into it the more they found, turns out not only has she been in durty dealings, by giving a 19 year old over £50,000 and not declaring it, and 4 other elements of the Ministerial code,

The more they dug the more they found, and it has since transpired that she was also having an affair with this guy, 40 years her junior xD

Anyways, i think this is all pretty funny, especialy given that she is an ultra-christain, as are many members of the DUP, and yet she has had this going on. The only serious thing about it is that this may cause the Shinners to collapse the Assembly, and thus cause an ellection, in which case the shinners may well become the largest party in NI =/

So, the main question, couger, Iris Robinson, would you?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/03/article-1031638-018026FE00000578-920_468x415.jpg

chloe
01-11-2010, 11:04 PM
What's the question?

Noir
01-11-2010, 11:07 PM
What's the question?

Well i guess its really more aimed at the guys, but feel free to answer, and even lie for effect =P
The question is "Iris Robinson; Known Cougar...would you?" ;)

Just ta be clear, i wouldn't,

chloe
01-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Well i guess its really more aimed at the guys, but feel free to answer, and even lie for effect =P
The question is "Iris Robinson; Known Cougar...would you?" ;)

Just ta be clear, i wouldn't,

No I wouldn't either

hjmick
01-12-2010, 12:16 AM
I'd hit it. But then again, I'm a sucker for older women and red hair. Plus she's Irish. From northern Ireland, home of my ancestors.

KarlMarx
01-12-2010, 07:26 AM
My policy is if she's married or involved with someone, she's off limits.

Before I was involved with someone, if I met a lady and wanted to take her out I'd ask her if she was seeing anyone at the time.

I know that seems wierd, but I almost went out with someone who was cheating behind her boyfriend's back but I didn't know it.

Fortunately for me, I found out about it before I asked her. So, for my own protection, I always would ask...

bullypulpit
01-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Seems rather fitting, given what is going on in my home country of Northern Ireland at the moment.

For those who don't know, some powers of government have been devolved from the UK Parliament to our local assembly.

The leader of the house, and leader of Northern Irelands largest party, the DUP, Peter Robinson has been a key player in our politics for many years, and his wife, Iris, has also. Making them a very powerful political couple, it would be akin to Barack Obama being Pres and Michele Obama being leader of the house of Representatives.

buuuuut a close aid to hers went to the media as a whistleblower, citing financial irregularities, the more the media dug into it the more they found, turns out not only has she been in durty dealings, by giving a 19 year old over £50,000 and not declaring it, and 4 other elements of the Ministerial code,

The more they dug the more they found, and it has since transpired that she was also having an affair with this guy, 40 years her junior xD

Anyways, i think this is all pretty funny, especialy given that she is an ultra-christain, as are many members of the DUP, and yet she has had this going on. The only serious thing about it is that this may cause the Shinners to collapse the Assembly, and thus cause an ellection, in which case the shinners may well become the largest party in NI =/

So, the main question, couger, Iris Robinson, would you?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/03/article-1031638-018026FE00000578-920_468x415.jpg

If she and I weren't married...I'd hit that.

HogTrash
01-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Carnival Cruise Lines cuts cougars and cubs from courting on its ships
By Martha Brannigan
Miami Herald
Updated: 3:21 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010

Posted: 9:15 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010

Apparently cougars put on more of a party than the Fun Ships can handle.

Carnival Cruise Lines has turned away a singles group that promotes cruises and other social events for cougars and cubs — older women and younger men who, um, court each other.

Nearly 300 cougars and cubs sailed on a "very successful' group cruise onboard the 2,052-passenger Carnival Elation in December 2009, according to Rich Gosse, executive producer of CougarEvents.com and chairman of The Society of Single Professionals.

But when the group's travel agent, SinglesTravelCompany.com, tried to arrange another Carnival trip, the Miami cruise line said no way.

"We have decided not to have any future groups on our ships booked on this theme,' Carnival spokeswoman Jennifer de la Cruz said.

De La Cruz insisted that, "there were not any particular issues on board,' during the December cougar cruise, which was put together by the singles' travel agent, not the cruise line. "However, we simply made the business decision not to have future groups book on this theme.'

Stewart Chiron, a Miami cruise expert and chief executive of CruiseGuy.com, figures cougar cruises simply don't fit Carnival's family image. The line markets itself around the idea of "fun,' and has shed the hard-partying image of early days.

"Carnival has distanced itself from being Spring Break USA,' Chiron said.

The first International Cougar Cruise included a group cocktail party before dinner each night, help hooking up for shore excursions, and "the requisite hot tub party, of course,' said Gosse, who is based in San Rafael, Calif.

ON TV

The cougar theme may not make it on Carnival, but it has turned up in TV shows, the movies and gossip columns, signaling that cougars are hot. ABC-TV is promoting its sitcom Cougar Town, which debuted last September and is set on Florida's West Coast, with T-shirts saying "40 is the new 20.' New York Yankees' star Alex Rodriguez, who is 34, was linked to Madonna, who is 51, and Ashton Kutcher married Demi Moore in 2005, when he was 27 and she was 42. Matt Damon's character wooed a cougar — played by Ellen Barkin — in Ocean's Thirteen. Indeed, Gosse noted that more younger men signed up for the December trip on Carnival than older women.

He admits being a bit bewildered that Carnival would turn away business, but said he had no trouble finding other cruise lines to welcome the group. "It's fine with us. Other cruise lines are delighted to have our business — especially in this economy.'

ANOTHER COMPANY

The travel agency SinglesTravelCompany.com is booking accommodations for a Mexican Riviera cruise May 16-23 on Royal Caribbean International's Mariner of the Seas from Los Angeles.

Royal Caribbean spokeswoman Cynthia Martinez said her Miami-based company had no qualms accepting the group booking. "We assume this group will follow our guest conduct policy just like any other guests,' she said. "We have no reason to think otherwise.'

NCL hasn't balked, either. The cougar group is booking cabins on the Norwegian Sky for a three-day Bahamas cruise from Miami in December.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/carnival-cruise-lines-cuts-cougars-and-cubs-from-174547.html?cxtype=ynews_rss