PDA

View Full Version : Rev. Wright blasts health-care plan at Detroit church

red states rule
01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Obama is warming up the bus, and getting ready to toss his "friend" under it

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., President Barack Obama's former pastor, kicked off a three-day revival Monday at a northwest side church, where he spoke of justice for Palestinians in Gaza and condemned the proposed White House health care plan.Wright delivered a sermon at Oak Grove African Methodist Episcopal Church titled "What does the Lord Require," in which he mixed talk of equality with scripture before a packed church.

Wright urged justice for the poor, "whose public option in the proposed health care bill was sacrificed on the altar of political expediency," he said.

Local economist Karl Gregory, distinguished emeritus professor of economics, said Wright interprets the Bible and gospel well.

"His themes are well developed, but sometimes one can get a conclusion (about Wright) that is incorrect," said Gregory of Southfield.

Wright continues his appearance at 7 tonight and Wednesday. The events are free and open to the public.

Obama left Wright's church, Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, during the presidential campaign after controversial videotaped sermons of Wright surfaced. Wright is pastor emeritus of Trinity Church.

http://detnews.com/article/20100112/METRO01/1120393/1409/METRO/Obama-s-ex-pastor-blasts-health-care-plan-at-Detroit-church

Noir
01-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Gee, Wright comes out against healthcare plan...its time to slam obama,

and what if Wright had came out in favour of Obamas healthcare plan?...er...it would be time to slam Obama =/

red states rule
01-12-2010, 10:24 AM

and what if Wright had came out in favour of Obamas healthcare plan?...er...it would be time to slam Obama =/

He is against Obamacare because it does not cost enough. The "poor" are not getting a big enough handout Noir

At least that is how Wright sees it

Looks like another Obama supporter is getting another splash of cold water in the face

Noir
01-12-2010, 10:39 AM
He is against Obamacare because it does not cost enough. The "poor" are not getting a big enough handout Noir

Looks like another Obama supporter is getting another splash of cold water in the face

Well there you are, both you and Obama agree that Wright is too extreme in what he wants.

What i was saying is that no matter what Wright would have said you would of used it to slam Obama.

HogTrash
01-12-2010, 11:05 AM

and what if Wright had came out in favour of Obamas healthcare plan?...er...it would be time to slam Obama =/What is your honest, heartfelt, gut opinion of Obama as a president, a man and a human being.

Don't be affraid to trust your emotions and please, no silly word games...Just let it all hang out.

Noir
01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
What is your honest, heartfelt, gut opinion of Obama as a president, a man and a human being.

Don't be affraid to trust your emotions and please, no silly word games...Just let it all hang out.

Honestly? I don't really care for him, he's just another politician.

HogTrash
01-12-2010, 11:20 AM

Looks like another Obama supporter is getting another splash of cold water in the faceObama and Wright are both hardcore marxist as is obvious by their Black Liberation Theology connections.

Obama had to cut ties with his friend and spiritual leader of 20 years to conceal his true politics and racism.

Seriously, is there anyone who doubts that Obama is in fact a hardcore marxist and devout racist?...Anybody?

HogTrash
01-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Honestly? I don't really care for him, he's just another politician.You see no difference in Obama and other corrupt politicians?

Noir
01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
You see no difference in Obama and other corrupt politicians?

Not quiet, maybe i was to general in my comments, i view him the same as any other executive, and there is a a clear difference between a regular politician, and a member of the executive.

HogTrash
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Not quiet, maybe i was to general in my comments, i view him the same as any other executive, and there is a a clear difference between a regular politician, and a member of the executive.Sorry Noir but there isn't much substance in your comment...No meat in your stew.

Do you feel too uncomfortable or embarrassed to speak from the gut about Obama?

Noir
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Sorry Noir but there isn't much substance in your comment...No meat in your stew.

Do you feel too uncomfortable or embarrassed to speak from the gut about Obama?

Well i wouldn't want any meat in my stew =/

and why would it be uncomfortable or embarrassing? I don't love him, nor do i hate him, same with Bush, Blair and Brown. He's just another suit.

HogTrash
01-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Well i wouldn't want any meat in my stew =/

and why would it be uncomfortable or embarrassing? I don't love him, nor do i hate him, same with Bush, Blair and Brown. He's just another suit.What do your politicaly active professors say about Obama and American politics in general?

Noir
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
What do your politicaly active professors say about Obama and American politics in general?

I have 2 politics professors, Gutter hates Obama, he's a pretty hard nosed german Conservative, and while Simon hasn't talked about Obama specifically i would think that he thinks much like I, i.e. just another suit.

Trigg
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Wright urged justice for the poor, "whose public option in the proposed health care bill was sacrificed on the altar of political expediency," he said.

He's wrong though, it wasn't because of political expediency, it was trashed because there is no support for it.

Politicians know if they vote for unpopular things, they loose their job.

HogTrash
01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
I have 2 politics professors, Gutter hates Obama, he's a pretty hard nosed german Conservative, and while Simon hasn't talked about Obama specifically i would think that he thinks much like I, i.e. just another suit.What are your feelings about professor Gutter?

Noir
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
What are your feelings about professor Gutter?

He's cool, i don't really like his method of teaching: too much reading, but other than that alls good.

HogTrash
01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
He's cool, i don't really like his method of teaching: too much reading, but other than that alls good.You don't suppose you have lucked into the only nonchristian university in the free world that doesn't promote a marxist utopia while preaching the evils of capitalism, do you? :confused:

Noir
01-12-2010, 02:23 PM
You don't suppose you have lucked into the only nonchristian university in the free world that doesn't promote a marxist utopia while preaching the evils of capitalism, do you? :confused:

Never really thought about it to be honest,
Like i said, i have been rather perplexed at what you guys call university. What my lectures think about Obama or anything else is of little matter, you do not have to go to their talks, and you do not have to read their notes if you want, you just have to do the exams, all of the learning, and how you want to learn is up to you, and what the professor thinks of you or your opinion makes no difference.

namvet
01-12-2010, 09:27 PM
that's a shocker. throw my ass under the bus and ill drive it over your chest :laugh2:

red states rule
01-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Well there you are, both you and Obama agree that Wright is too extreme in what he wants.

What i was saying is that no matter what Wright would have said you would of used it to slam Obama.

Noir, I understand you are young and you tilt left - but here is the point

It would not be s surorise to see Wright back Obama. He is a huge liberal like Obama. What is surprising, is that he openly disagrees with him

After all Wright trained him, and got his political career off the ground, Now he feels betrayed

Only a liberal like Wright would think that the $1 trillion Obamacare bill, loaded with tax increases, and cuts in medical care for seniors is not enough for the "poor"

There are many libs who are pissed at Obama, Reid, and Pelosi. They have total control and nothing can stop them from passing what they want. Yet it is the very people the voted for - and perhaps gave money to - that are denying them their dream

Making the Federal government the only game in town when it comes to health ins. Giving the Dems a huge amount of power and control over the people

HogTrash
01-13-2010, 08:48 AM

It would not be s surorise to see Wright back Obama. He is a huge liberal like Obama. What is surprising, is that he openly disagrees with him

After all Wright trained him, and got his political career off the ground, Now he feels betrayed

Only a liberal like Wright would think that the $1 trillion Obamacare bill, loaded with tax increases, and cuts in medical care for seniors is not enough for the "poor"

There are many libs who are pissed at Obama, Reid, and Pelosi. They have total control and nothing can stop them from passing what they want. Yet it is the very people the voted for - and perhaps gave money to - that are denying them their dream

Making the Federal government the only game in town when it comes to health ins. Giving the Dems a huge amount of power and control over the peopleSo it is your position that the institutions of higher learning are not the bastions of marxist ideology, propaganda and recruitment of unsuspecting young gullible minds?

red states rule
01-13-2010, 09:20 AM
So it is your position that the institutions of higher learning are not the bastions of marxist ideology, propaganda and recruitment of unsuspecting young gullible minds?

Not at all

From K thru 12 and on to College - libs are the usual teachers and they teach their opinions as fact to their captive students

There have many cases where teachers have threatened and punished those students who have a different POV

Agnapostate
01-13-2010, 09:23 AM
That's ironic, considering that the authoritarian and hierarchical nature of school classrooms is designed to condition students for similar arrangements in the capitalist labor market.

Noir
01-13-2010, 10:25 AM
That's ironic, considering that the authoritarian and hierarchical nature of school classrooms is designed to condition students for similar arrangements in the capitalist labor market.

If you're going to talk about this toffee again would you not rather do it in the thread which was specificly designed for it?

Agnapostate
01-13-2010, 10:30 AM
If you're going to talk about this toffee again would you not rather do it in the thread which was specificly designed for it?

I wasn't aware that there was one. I recall only the thread about anarchism (which I've admittedly been lax about, since I've been posting more on mises.org), but I didn't realize that my criticisms of capitalism were being addressed anywhere.

Noir
01-13-2010, 10:31 AM

Making the Federal government the only game in town when it comes to health ins. Giving the Dems a huge amount of power and control over the people

Well there you are, you said it yourself. Obama and co could be more extreme if they wanted to be, they could of made the healthcare bill bigger ect but they have not. And some on the left are annoyed by that. And when you've got both the Right and Left annoyed, you know you're doing a decent job.

red states rule
01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Well there you are, you said it yourself. Obama and co could be more extreme if they wanted to be, they could of made the healthcare bill bigger ect but they have not. And some on the left are annoyed by that. And when you've got both the Right and Left annoyed, you know you're doing a decent job.

Nori, Obama has turned the work over to Reid and Pelosi. He is sitting back and doing NOTHING

Pelosi wrote the House bill where the government would put the ins companies out of business and make the government the only game in town

Taxes out the ass, and people put in JAIL for not buying Obamacare

It is Democrats who are blocking this

and the people do NOT want it

Obama is showing how weak and over his head he is in his jop

HogTrash
01-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Not at all

From K thru 12 and on to College - libs are the usual teachers and they teach their opinions as fact to their captive students

There have many cases where teachers have threatened and punished those students who have a different POVThank you, that's all I needed to hear...Awareness is step one.

The same ideology controls the news, the media and movie industry.

This is PC programming...Hopefully the truth will set you free young Noir.

red states rule
01-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Thank you, that's all I needed to hear...Awareness is step one.

Hell, I went at it with my Social Studies teacher in HS when he preached his liberal crap as fact

He thought Carter would "save" the country

I laughed my ass off when Reagan destroyed him in 1980

I went back to see him (I graduated in 1977) and he told me since I was not a student or parent - I had to leave :laugh2:

Monkeybone
01-13-2010, 10:51 AM

just making sure... you know you are really talking to RSR....

Noir
01-13-2010, 10:56 AM

You must truly have an ego that I could not dare imagin, you're even talking down to RSR, though he seems to have let it go by, I do suggest you get off your high horse,
Though it is nice to see that you seemed to have stopped trying to attack my university and professors, not before making a set of rather banal and unnessessary questions. Maybe your vision of the issue is blurred from the hight at which your horse stands.

red states rule
01-13-2010, 10:59 AM
You must truly have an ego that I could not dare imagin, you're even talking down to RSR, though he seems to have let it go by, I do suggest you get off your high horse,
Though it is nice to see that you seemed to have stopped trying to attack my university and professors, not before making a set of rather banal and unnessessary questions. Maybe your vision of the issue is blurred from the hight at which your horse stands.

Noir, the same way most libs do not see the bias in the media you do not see the bais in the education system - because you are a liberal

I had many teachers who taught their OPINIONS as fact

There were teachers who taught their students Pres Bush was another Hitler. they teach their students that America deserved 9-11

HogTrash
01-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Well there you are, you said it yourself. Obama and co could be more extreme if they wanted to be, they could of made the healthcare bill bigger ect but they have not. And some on the left are annoyed by that. And when you've got both the Right and Left annoyed, you know you're doing a decent job.These professional politicians are trying to bring about the globalist plans of their elitest masters while simultaneously keeping the voting masses believing they are working for them.

The elitest pay the politicians very well for their services but those same politicians depend on our votes to stay in the game...They are playing a very fine tuned juggling/balancing game.

The main goal is to keep the plan moving forward even though they must occasionally take two steps forward and one step back, but always advancing their elitest masters New World Order.

HogTrash
01-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Hell, I went at it with my Social Studies teacher in HS when he preached his liberal crap as fact

He thought Carter would "save" the country

I laughed my ass off when Reagan destroyed him in 1980

I went back to see him (I graduated in 1977) and he told me since I was not a student or parent - I had to leave :laugh2:Ooops!...Sorry RSR. :o