PDA

View Full Version : massacusits vote Republican??????????

Trigg
01-12-2010, 01:36 PM
While I'm not holding my breath for a win, it is interresting that a republican in a dem stronghold like Massachusetts is doing well in the polls. Ahead in fact and the election is next week.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/01/toss-up-in-massachusetts.html

Republican Scott Brown leads Martha Coakley 48-47.

Brown has eye popping numbers with independents, sporting a 70/16 favorability rating with them and holding a 63-31 lead in the horse race with Coakley. Health care may be hurting Democratic fortunes with that group, as only 27% of independents express support for Obama's plan with 59% opposed.

What is true at the state government level is just as true at the congressional level. Massachusetts has ten House seats in Congress. All ten are Democrats. Actually, that understates the monolithic nature of Democrat control of House seats in Massachusetts. All the House seats after the 2004 election were Democrats, and Republicans contested only five of those ten House seats. All the House seats were Democrat after the 2006 election. In that election, Republican contested only three of the ten House seats. Last year, Republicans actually contested four out of ten House seats in Massachusetts, although the Republicans were clobbered in each race.

The last time a Republican won a Senate race in Massachusetts was in 1972, when Edward Brooke won.

I'd love to see the spin if a Republican actually takes this seat.

Could someone change the spelling in the thread title.....please.......fingers slipped

HogTrash
01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
The northeast and west coasts are famous for their moronic liberal voting habits.

Consider that their voting allies are the minorities, well known for minimal intelligence.

Kathianne
01-12-2010, 03:07 PM
While I'm not holding my breath for a win, it is interresting that a republican in a dem stronghold like Massachusetts is doing well in the polls. Ahead in fact and the election is next week.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/01/toss-up-in-massachusetts.html

I'd love to see the spin if a Republican actually takes this seat.

Could someone change the spelling in the thread title.....please.......fingers slipped

and he raised more than $1million yesterday alone.

KarlMarx
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
There are several levels of stupid, they are (from least to most in increasing order)

1. Dense

2. Moronic

3. Retarded

4. Comatose

5. One cell organism

6. Inanimate Object

7. Subatomic particles

8. Vacuum

9. Liberal