PDA

View Full Version : Question for "The Saved Christian"

-Cp
01-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Do you believe you live your life differently being "saved" than you would if you were "unsaved"?

PostmodernProphet
01-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Do you believe you live your life differently being "saved" than you would if you were "unsaved"?

I grew up as a hippie in the 60s......I recall conversations with fellow students at the time.......I once commented that if I didn't believe in God I would probably have joined the Weathermen and started blowing things up......

HogTrash
01-12-2010, 07:50 PM
I grew up as a hippie in the 60s......I recall conversations with fellow students at the time.......I once commented that if I didn't believe in God I would probably have joined the Weathermen and started blowing things up......Were your radical leftist views developed primarily in the universities, on the streets or a combination of both?

crin63
01-12-2010, 10:17 PM

Yes, absolutely! No doubt in my mind.

gabosaurus
01-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Having been on both sides, I would say definitely yes.

Abbey Marie
01-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Yup. But I credit going to a solid Bible-teaching church with a lot of the change.
:)

darin
01-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Yup. But I credit going to a solid Bible-teaching church with a lot of the change.
:)

...and Darin's influence in the early years of this and the previous board...

:coffee:

PostmodernProphet
01-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Were your radical leftist views developed primarily in the universities, on the streets or a combination of both?

I attended a small college but I grew up in a liberal family.....my father was a representative for the National Farm Labor organization which merged with the Democratic Party back in the fifties.....they were a pretty radical bunch.....proposed farmers acting in union, refusing to sell grain to large companies to break the monopoly big business had on crop prices........

Abbey Marie
01-13-2010, 09:54 AM
...and Darin's influence in the early years of this and the previous board...

:coffee:

:beer: You reminded me that I am reminiscing a lot lately, and miss "the old days"

Pericles
01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
I grew up as a hippie in the 60s......I recall conversations with fellow students at the time.......I once commented that if I didn't believe in God I would probably have joined the Weathermen and started blowing things up......

A belief that you are "saved" doesn't insure you against succumbing to the violent dogmatism of the terrorist. *Ahem* - obviously.

Really, I am curious about this question. If new historical evidence revealed Jesus of Nazareth to have not been crucified, but to have escaped from the authorities, only to die later (say, at the time of the diaspora c. 70 A.D.): you'd know then for sure that you were not saved. How would you live your life differently?

SassyLady
01-14-2010, 08:09 PM
:beer: You reminded me that I am reminiscing a lot lately, and miss "the old days"

Hey Abbey - how about the pre DP and USMB boards? This board is mild mannered compared to those!!! :cheers2:

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2010, 08:05 AM
A belief that you are "saved" doesn't insure you against succumbing to the violent dogmatism of the terrorist. *Ahem* - obviously.

Really, I am curious about this question. If new historical evidence revealed Jesus of Nazareth to have not been crucified, but to have escaped from the authorities, only to die later (say, at the time of the diaspora c. 70 A.D.): you'd know then for sure that you were not saved. How would you live your life differently?

for one thing, we could have gotten rid of those silly laws that make it illegal to hunt liberals.....

Pericles
01-15-2010, 10:29 AM
for one thing, we could have gotten rid of those silly laws that make it illegal to hunt liberals.....

Whew! So the only thing that's standing between me, and the business end of your rifle, is the baby Jesus? Mercy!

As a practical matter, you might think that your religion is in trouble, the more it becomes identified with a particular political persuasion. The New Atheists are not using new arguments - they're responding to the outright politicization of Christianity by the right, since the 1960's. A politicization which makes it second nature to you, to think that liberal = anti-christian.

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Whew! So the only thing that's standing between me, and the business end of your rifle, is the baby Jesus? Mercy!

As a practical matter, you might think that your religion is in trouble, the more it becomes identified with a particular political persuasion. The New Atheists are not using new arguments - they're responding to the outright politicization of Christianity by the right, since the 1960's. A politicization which makes it second nature to you, to think that liberal = anti-christian.

???....Christians became involved in politics because of the politicization of "new atheism"......if liberals hadn't decided to impose their beliefs on everyone by beginning to kill the unborn, remove prayer from schools and generally fuck the world over we wouldn't have become politically active in the first place.....

gabosaurus
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM

Try doing that after we take away your guns. :p

Abbey Marie
01-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Try doing that after we take away your guns. :p

:laugh2: Not really funny, but you crack me up, Gabby!

Gaffer
01-15-2010, 05:22 PM
:laugh2: Not really funny, but you crack me up, Gabby!

How are they going to take away the guns? Send us nasty letters?

Abbey Marie
01-15-2010, 05:24 PM
How are they going to take away the guns? Send us nasty letters?

As is often the case in these situations, I suppose it depends on how the military responds. :salute: