PDA

View Full Version : *Are Elitists Born Or Made?*

chesswarsnow
01-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Do you respect a person who raised themselves up by thier boot straps?
2. And came from nothing, and came up to a place in what could be considered upper class, or even elite?
3. Are you jealous of a person who does great things with thier lives?
4. Is being an elite all that terrible for those who haven't gained anything of value in the persutes of happieness and elitism?
5. Having goals and reaching them, does that make you a bad white dude and or black dude as Obama happens to be?
5.[a] Is it better to be born an elitist or work your way into that role?
6. All these questions batted around right here on debatepolicy, and a free bag-o-chips.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

SassyLady
01-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Do you respect a person who raised themselves up by thier boot straps?
2. And came from nothing, and came up to a place in what could be considered upper class, or even elite?
3. Are you jealous of a person who does great things with thier lives?
4. Is being an elite all that terrible for those who haven't gained anything of value in the persutes of happieness and elitism?
5. Having goals and reaching them, does that make you a bad white dude and or black dude as Obama happens to be?
5.[a] Is it better to be born an elitist or work your way into that role?
6. All these questions batted around right here on debatepolicy, and a free bag-o-chips.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I have no problem with anyone working hard and reaching the level of the "elite"; however, I do have a problem with anyone practicing "elistism".

chesswarsnow
01-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. In America the elite are most likely to be of old money.
2. Few ever come from rags to riches as Obama just did.
3. Thou Obama some what has a tainted route to his wealth.
4. Where did he get the money to purchase that 800,000 dollar house?
5. Did his perhaps ill gotten gain house, the thing that projected him to high office?
6. Does a person have to live in a wow house in order to rise up to the elite status?
7. Hook or crook get the house, then become elite.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas.

Monkeybone
01-13-2010, 09:51 AM
I have no problem with anyone working hard and reaching the level of the "elite"; however, I do have a problem with anyone practicing "elistism".

that is what I was going to say Princess. :thumb:

there is a major difference in the people that have earned what they have, compared to the people that are given what they have. Of course, even people that have earned it can fall into a "better than thou" attitude.

crin63
01-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Just like queers, elitists are made not born that way.